Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Former HCGer wanting to switch to JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803352-former-hcger-wanting-switch-juddd.html)

nursej10580 05-03-2013 12:33 PM

Former HCGer wanting to switch to JUDDD

Hi I am one of those HCGers lol that is wanting to transition over to JUDDD to lose the last 10 or so lbs. It's great to see that a lot of people are doing so well on JUDDD! So I'm definitely looking for any advice as I'd really like to start JUDDD this coming week. So any suggestions I'd love to hear but especially if you've made the transition from HCG to JUDDD like I want to do.

I actually just finished HCG round 4. I'm in the HCG maintenance phase right now (p3) which is mostly a low carb stage. I'm actually just finishing up week 2 of that (P3). So far 1 correction day after indulging in some strawberry cake at my mom's :o Otherwise I've stuck to proteins & fats with little to no carb stuff and I've done ok. Well I've still got those 10 or so lbs that I want to lose & I'd like to do it without another round of hcg. I'm just burnt out on it :( I think lol especially since this round was awful & very slow for any weight loss. So I just wondered if anyone coming from hcg or low carb diets etc.. if you had any initial issues with weight gain when first switching to JUDDD? Also are you staying more Low carb with JUDDD or are you having some things you want such as *gasp* carbs lol :cool:

Thanks!
Jenny

calichris 05-03-2013 02:39 PM

:welcome: We have several HCG alumni here. I'm not one of them, but I'm sure one will be along shortly. One thing I have noticed from being around here for a while is that sometimes HCG-ers have a period of adjustment to JUDDD. Sometimes it takes the body a couple weeks to adapt before it starts releasing the pounds, maybe because HCG is more strict. If you stick it out, though, it will almost certainly work and it will be fun and you can have carbs if you want. You can go out for dinner. You can have birthday cake. :up:

The other challenge I've noticed for those coming off of HCG is that it can be hard when you are used to seeing the scale go down steadily and rarely (if ever) go up to deal with the bouncing scale. If you want to do JUDDD and weigh daily, expect the bounce! It's normal and it's OK. I've been bouncing for 10 months and still going ... :D

nursej10580 05-03-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16407697)
:welcome: We have several HCG alumni here. I'm not one of them, but I'm sure one will be along shortly. One thing I have noticed from being around here for a while is that sometimes HCG-ers have a period of adjustment to JUDDD. Sometimes it takes the body a couple weeks to adapt before it starts releasing the pounds, maybe because HCG is more strict. If you stick it out, though, it will almost certainly work and it will be fun and you can have carbs if you want. You can go out for dinner. You can have birthday cake. :up:

The other challenge I've noticed for those coming off of HCG is that it can be hard when you are used to seeing the scale go down steadily and rarely (if ever) go up to deal with the bouncing scale. If you want to do JUDDD and weigh daily, expect the bounce! It's normal and it's OK. I've been bouncing for 10 months and still going ... :D

Hi Chris :hiya: Thank you for the welcome & advice ! This would definitely be new for me but I'd love to find a way to eat somewhat "normally" and still lose the last 10 lbs even though I know it might take a little longer. I just want to get to the point that I don't gain 2 or 3 lbs or more every time I break down and eat a carb you know???!!! :( As for the bouncing around it would bother me.. well probably until I can actually see that the scale is trending down however slowly that may be lol :p I just definitely want as I said to get to the point that my body doesn't freak out if I eat something other than some chicken and salad! ;)

~Jenny

Librarygirl 05-03-2013 06:33 PM

Hi Jenny!:welcome: Chris is right, we do have a few former HCGers here. You could try posting in the May Newbies too, and may meet some of there. :)

The bounce will probably bother you, but it's normal for this WOE. I typically bounce up and down 2 lbs between a UD and DD, but it keeps getting a little lower, until a lb is gone, then another... Some people only weigh weekly because it can be so scary, but I have gotten used to it and weigh daily.

Welcome again!

nursej10580 05-03-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16408017)
Hi Jenny!:welcome: Chris is right, we do have a few former HCGers here. You could try posting in the May Newbies too, and may meet some of there. :)

The bounce will probably bother you, but it's normal for this WOE. I typically bounce up and down 2 lbs between a UD and DD, but it keeps getting a little lower, until a lb is gone, then another... Some people only weigh weekly because it can be so scary, but I have gotten used to it and weigh daily.

Welcome again!

Hi Cindy :hiya: Thank you so much!! I'm definitely hopeful that this will work to lose the remainder and help me not feel like a hermit or a crazy person if i go out to eat with friends :p You know? lol :cool: I'll definitely take your advice & post in the May Newbies too as I can definitely use all the advice, support etc I can get lol !! You guys have been so great already! :high5: