Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Resveratrol users - How is your Face? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803339-resveratrol-users-how-your-face.html)

leonak 05-03-2013 05:48 AM

Resveratrol users - How is your Face?

Been thinking of getting this! I read that some women that use it see an improvement in how they look:dunno: Less red age spots and less wrinkles, looking just younger!:jumpjoy:

So please tell us all how you look!

Tell us how long you have been taking it and how many mg a day too!

Thanks Ever So Very Much Too!

ps - any unwanted things, like headaches?

michmich 05-03-2013 06:02 AM

What is this you speak of? Less wrinkles?!?!?! :eek: Looking younger?!??! :eek:

I'll be watching this one closely. :D

leonak 05-03-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michmich (Post 16406860)
What is this you speak of? Less wrinkles?!?!?! :eek: Looking younger?!??! :eek:

I'll be watching this one closely. :D

Yes, yes this is what someone on this board said! Can't remember who, but she did say so!

Demonica 05-03-2013 09:26 AM

I hope this is true!! I don't have wrinkles (knock on wood), but I have one annoying butterfly shaped spot on my face (Not sure if it's a mole or age spot) that I would LOVE to see disappear!!:aprayer:

leonak 05-03-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonica (Post 16407265)
I hope this is true!! I don't have wrinkles (knock on wood), but I have one annoying butterfly shaped spot on my face (Not sure if it's a mole or age spot) that I would LOVE to see disappear!!:aprayer:

I too have some red spots I want gone on my face! i have 2 on my nose, read that grape seed extract would help, ordered 2 bottles ( pp ) and sure enough they were almost but gone, then ran out and they are back, will be ordering more as I can get free shipping and it is buy 1 get 2 free sale - free shipping ends May 5!

Let me know if you try either!

LoCarbGal 05-03-2013 12:39 PM

I don't take Resveratrol or Ptero, and so far haven't, but I can tell you that my facial redness (that may or may not be rosacea, as I haven't been diagnosed) is almost completely gone. There's an underlying pinkness in my cheeks that actually looks healthy and glowing, but the angry redness and bumps that would appear often seem to be leaving me alone. Thank you JUDDD!

Demonica 05-04-2013 09:21 AM

I have noticed that my face is smoother and "feels" younger, if that makes any sense.:laugh: My skin is not dry anymore! I don't know wheather to attribute that to resveratrol, JUDDD, or LC:confused: but I LOVE it!!:jumpjoy:

Carly 05-04-2013 01:27 PM

I take 350 mg a day of resveratrol and 50 mg of pterostilbene. I don't see any changes in my skin in terms of wrinkles, but I don't really have any. My acne has improved, but that was due to PCOS and now I also get TOM every month and before JUDDD I only got it 3x per year... mixed blessing...

I don't know if the resveratrol does much, but it doesn't hurt so I keep taking it. I feel more benefits from the pterostilbene. In the form of increased energy and better concentration.

I've been taking the resveratrol for about 14 mos, but started with 100 mg and worked up to the 350 mg.

gotsomeold 05-05-2013 05:28 AM

Alternate day eating removed a huge amount of red from my face. Combining Res and Ptero removed even more and smoothed out a lot of lines (took a couple of months) including a reduction in the depth of the dreaded 'marionette' lines.

I noticed when I ran out of Res and Ptero for a few weeks the lines and the red started sneaking back. Which led me to assume the changes are real and caused by the combo of DDs and supplements...but :mad: nothing can permanently cure getting older.

:hyst:

KeirasMom 05-05-2013 07:09 AM

I had horrible headaches when I tried Resveratrol a while back. I've decided to try it again. I found some at Costco (250 mg) and took one yesterday. I didn't get a headache, but I also didn't get any appetite suppression (went over my calories on an UD!). If it can help the wrinkles, I'll keep taking it as long as the headaches don't return.

Librarygirl 05-05-2013 08:05 AM

I've noticed that my skin looks better/younger since I've been JUDDDing. I don't take reservatol, but I do take ptero. Usually only eod (on DDs), and sometimes forget. I chalk my good looks up to JUDDD. ;)