Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Friday: menu and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803330-dd-friday-menu-plans.html)

SlowSure 05-02-2013 10:20 PM

DD Friday: menu and plans

last working day of the conventional week and then it's a long weekend for us in the UK with a public holiday on Monday. :jumpjoy: And I'm kayaking tomorrow. :jumpjoy:

B: 85g sardines (220kcals) with a slice of egg bake (110kcals). Total=330kcals.

I've already exceeded my calorie allowance for the day. :)

DH is starting his modified potato hack tonight so it will be interesting to see how he responds.

May everyone's DD be smooth. And if these pterostilbene headaches would clear, I'd be jolly grateful.

Genie80 05-03-2013 01:53 AM

Wooop for our 3 day weekend!!
Going to mockfest in Manchester tomorrow :sing:

B - Melon & Yogurt (130c)
L - Tomato Slim'a'Soup (49c)
D - WW Spaghetti on Toast (264c)

At work all day and feeling a bit rubbish so fingers crossed I can keep to my plans today x

Mamatomany 05-03-2013 04:08 AM

Hoping for a simple and easy day :) a light breakfast and then potatoes. If I'm up any weight tomorrow which is my weigh in...I think I'm gonna slide off the map and take a much needed hiatous from any kinda anything pertaining to dieting!

So if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know why :hugs:

Librarygirl 05-03-2013 04:20 AM

B- coffee w 1 t HWC, 1 T H&H, repeat (total, 73)

L-salad w/tomatoes, cucumbers, 2 T lite Italian -45, celery w/LC - 40, large strawberry - 25

subtotal : 178

D - TBD

zipp2play 05-03-2013 05:28 AM

Slow - enjoy your long weekend! LUCKY!

Gina - I am so excited for your festival. Enjoy. Sounds like you have a good plan for your DD

Mama - I am sure you will see the sucess of your hard work!

Cindy - Enjoy your day!

stir fry with egg 100c
cottage cheese/strawberries 100c
either soup or salad soup 100c OR salad 85c
Not sure tonight, hoping to keep it low.

Rough week for me so I am SOOOO ready to put it behind me! ;)

lylydvd 05-03-2013 06:08 AM

breakfast:coffee wit'h aspartame 5 calories
snack 1:sugarless jum 5 calories
snack 2:20 gram rabbit with one cooked zucchini 30 calories
lunch:canceled to save the calories for big dinner meal

Planelman 05-03-2013 06:31 AM

After yesterdays UUAD I need to keep it low today and I'm going to try to eat nothing until dinner time. For dinner I think I will try one of the Panera Hidden Menu meals, should be around 360 calories. Also planning a 6 mile walk.

Mike

Goner 05-03-2013 07:15 AM

Since my first DD worked well, my second DD today will consist of the same:

2 cups chicken broth = 30 c
LF yogurt = 80 c
3 oz. baby carrots = 40 c
2 slices bacon = 80 c
1 egg = 70 c
green vegetable = 60 c

TOTAL = 360

sorenkkg 05-03-2013 07:28 AM

:hiya: folks!

I'm feeling better and better-- the sun is finally shining, my daffodils and some tulips are starting to bloom, and I'm feeling less sad, and more hopeful.

So, I have 8 days until I leave for the big client user group/conference that I'd been planning for all year (and the let the last 2 weeks totally derail me :rolleyes: )

I plan to be totally on track the next 8 days, including counting my UD, and keeping my DD totally on track.

B: waiting for some white tea to brew (and then ice) and vitamins including ptero-blue
L: not sure, maybe finish off the chicken/veggie soup, 38
D: also not sure, but it will involve veggies, chicken, yogurt... or cereal and almond milk. :confused:

TryingJudd 05-03-2013 08:11 AM

Trying to hold out as long as possible. I have here at work with me a few hardboiled eggs (of which I will only eat the whites), a light yogurt and some raw veggies. If I end up eating out tonight I will try and stick to salad or similar light fare.

Planelman - what is this hidden menu at Pannera? I love their food but avoid it because everything is so calorie intensive. Do they really have low cal options and have chosen to HIDE THEM???? makes no sense to me.

Planelman 05-03-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16407115)
Planelman - what is this hidden menu at Pannera? I love their food but avoid it because everything is so calorie intensive. Do they really have low cal options and have chosen to HIDE THEM???? makes no sense to me.

If you google "panera hidden menu" it should be the first result. It is basically 6 meal options that are low carb, paleo/primal compliant (or more compliant). Not sure why they are "hidden", and i haven't tried them yet, but I'm going there anyways and decided to try one.

KeirasMom 05-03-2013 08:26 AM

B: Black coffee (5)
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero hot sauce (210)
D: ??

Off to google Panera's hidden menu.

ETA: They look good, and the calories are fine for DD, but I keep my DDs really low usually, so I'll be sure to try one of the options on an UD!

Demonica 05-03-2013 08:52 AM

B- BP coffee
L- coffee with HWC
D-HB egg with 1/2 Tbsp mayo, mustard and relish, string cheese

total 335

LiLi914 05-03-2013 08:59 AM

I really cannot figure out what it is about Friday DDs that get to me. Of course I woke up with a headache and my stomach was rumbling. I don't know why since yesterday was a bit of a UUAD. Hoping I can stick to my calories today. I've been drinking my water with some added MIO today because it's been that kind of morning so far and water doesn't even taste good to me today.

B: Three red seedless grapes
L: romaine lettuce, one boiled egg, turkey meat - no dressing because I hate salad dressing
D: Either a chobani yogurt or rice cake with mustard.

I have a hair appointment tonight so dinner will have to be quick and easy. Hope everyone is having a decent DD so far.

tobelowcarber 05-03-2013 09:22 AM

Have fun- SS!

Going to stick to low carb to control UUAD

salmon and egg frittata
turkey
lots of bone broth and water

~700 cal

zipp2play 05-03-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLi914 (Post 16407212)
I really cannot figure out what it is about Friday DDs that get to me. Of course I woke up with a headache and my stomach was rumbling. I don't know why since yesterday was a bit of a UUAD. Hoping I can stick to my calories today. I've been drinking my water with some added MIO today because it's been that kind of morning so far and water doesn't even taste good to me today.

I struggle on Friday DD's too! Not sure it's the "celebrate end of week" or just the mental block of it being Friday! Today will be GOOD, we will make it that way!

LiLi914 05-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16407377)
I struggle on Friday DD's too! Not sure it's the "celebrate end of week" or just the mental block of it being Friday! Today will be GOOD, we will make it that way!

I'm going to hold you to that.

Librarygirl 05-03-2013 11:41 AM

Add me to the list that's struggling with weekend DDs. I've got to get out of the mindset that weekends are "treat me" time. :) Today I've been extra hungry and dissatisfied with everything I can choose from to eat. But, I'm going to make it a good one with you!! We can do it!:high5:

SlowSure 05-03-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16406784)
Slow - enjoy your long weekend! LUCKY!

Not to rub it in but if the weather stays like this for tomorrow, the water conditions should be perfect. And I finally trust the arrival of warm weather enough to plant up some more of my garden and worry in case I've missed the nematode window for pest control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16407034)
:hiya: folks!

I'm feeling better and better-- the sun is finally shining, my daffodils and some tulips are starting to bloom, and I'm feeling less sad, and more hopeful.
B: waiting for some white tea to brew (and then ice)

i'm pleased to learn that the weather and your spirits are reviving. Oddly enough, I'm about to have some iced white tea as it 's so warm here despite being almost 8pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16407115)
- what is this hidden menu at Pannera? I love their food but avoid it because everything is so calorie intensive. Do they really have low cal options and have chosen to HIDE THEM???? makes no sense to me.

I'm glad it's not just me to whom this makes absolutely no sense. I wonder how many group bookings they lose because people don't know about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16407257)
Have fun- SS!

Thank you, it should be a Lovely trip out and back. best wishes for your new eating pattern.

Genie80 05-03-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16407377)

Well my DD has gone off the wall.. Wayne made lasagne we have a friend over & going over to another friends house warming shortly. Knowing that tomorrow has to be a UD because of the festival & been thinking how to fit next Saturday in as it falls on a DD and were having our housewarming so been reading the Q&A's in the book about keeping sat & sun both as UD's I've decided from now on Sunday, Tuesday & Thursdays will be DD's & Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday will be UD's. I know it means my loss will be slower but it seems like its the best way for me to keep this as a long term woe.

LoCarbGal 05-03-2013 12:27 PM

I can't explain why, but I too hate Friday and Sunday DDs. For some reason, Saturday DDs, while not a thrill, don't bum me out as much.

Mamatomany 05-03-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonica (Post 16407198)
B- BP coffee
L- coffee with HWC
D-HB egg with 1/2 Tbsp mayo, mustard and relish, string cheese

total 335

Have you ever had creamy horshradish sauce? It is soooo yummy on eggs and is only 15 cals. I make up egg salad sammys with this stuff...delish :hugs:

Mamatomany 05-03-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genie80 (Post 16407561)
Well my DD has gone off the wall.. Wayne made lasagne we have a friend over & going over to another friends house warming shortly. Knowing that tomorrow has to be a UD because of the festival & been thinking how to fit next Saturday in as it falls on a DD and were having our housewarming so been reading the Q&A's in the book about keeping sat & sun both as UD's I've decided from now on Sunday, Tuesday & Thursdays will be DD's & Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday will be UD's. I know it means my loss will be slower but it seems like its the best way for me to keep this as a long term woe.

I've done the same thing :) Isn't it freeing :jumpjoy: go enjoy yourself. :sing: But remember, don't finish it if you don't love it :high5:

sorenkkg 05-03-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16407512)
I'm glad it's not just me to whom this makes absolutely no sense. I wonder how many group bookings they lose because people don't know about this.

Ah- the piece you're missing is that panera is a chain (franchise? Not sure) bakery/cafe, so you order quickly and either sit, or take it to go. The sandwich / salad menu's not huge, but big enough... They used to do low carb bread (2 kinds!)

Anyway, so this "hidden menu" is a bit of a trend with American fast food chains now- basically, giving you the healthier options you usually ask for as a special favor, like a burger with no bun, on lettuce instead (called animal style I think at the in and out burger chain in California)... So giving a secret name to these options...
Shrug :dunno: whatever, as long as I have options that fit my woe, and I don't get hassled... Hide the menu, don't hide the menu... ;)

KeirasMom 05-03-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatomany (Post 16407709)
Have you ever had creamy horshradish sauce? It is soooo yummy on eggs and is only 15 cals. I make up egg salad sammys with this stuff...delish :hugs:

I have an organic horseradish mustard that's fantastic! It's 0 calories (supposedly). I choose to believe it. :D

Planelman 05-03-2013 03:58 PM

I had the Power Mediterranean Chicken salad off the Panera hidden menu, 360 calories. It was really good and I would get it again. But I confused the cashier, she had no idea what I was talking about and said it didn't have chicken on it, apparently it is hidden from the employees too.

Mike

Kimberli33 05-03-2013 04:09 PM

B- 1/2 c plain greek yogurt
D- steamed potato

motivatedMomma4 05-03-2013 04:44 PM

My stomach is finally settling from what seems to be last nights food poisoning :cry: I still have some stomach cramps and was going to do a complete fast as the thought of food today just makes my tummy turn, but I thought I should try and get sometthing in after everything coming back out yesturday, so a can of chicken noodle soup for me today.

total of 150 cal.

not looking forward to work tonight :stars: thought about calling in, but they make you make up your weekend at my work and we have plans all next weekend, sooo work it is for me!!!! Have a great night Ladies!! Happy Up day saturday!!

motivatedMomma4 05-03-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16407150)
B: Black coffee (5)
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero hot sauce (210)
D: ??

Off to google Panera's hidden menu.

ETA: They look good, and the calories are fine for DD, but I keep my DDs really low usually, so I'll be sure to try one of the options on an UD!

I sooo wish I had a wendys Closer to us!!! I love chili w/ habanero sauce, and everytime i see you post this I really want to try their chili!!!!!!

motivatedMomma4 05-03-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genie80 (Post 16407561)

My husband Started juddd at the begining of last month. I swear he only does one actual DD a week...sometimes 2. It seems his others are mid days or UDs and he still is losing. He lost 13lbs last month. now I know men tend to lose easier that men but like you said you have to make it so you can do this long term. you will find what works for you!!