Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyjane82 View Post
I understand where you're coming from. I'm so used to dieting and denying myself... with no results over the past 3 months. I've only been on JUDDD for less than a week and I'm already seeing results. It's weird to be able to eat what I want. I'm on my up day today and I'm excited, but I'm wary at the same time and feeling a little guilty... "Is this okay? Can I do this? Am I going to gain back what I already lost?"

My co-workers have witnessed me gaining weight this year and they're used to seeing me struggle with all these diets, eating sprouts and salads, drinking all this water and only eating fresh fruit. What are they going to think when I stroll in with a big burger or a candy bar "Wow, Looks like she totally fell off the wagon, eh?" "What are you eating there, Daisy?" one of my co-workers is the king of nonverbal judgment. The raised eyebrows and the up/down your body look. I kind of feel the need to hide it too, at least until I fit into my pants again. Everyone is kind of in eachother's business at my job. Even if they're not judging me, I feel like they are. It's probably silly, but I just want you to know that I do relate.
Sounds like we work at the same place.I have pretty much grown up here (at work), and some of these same people have seen me at 115 and then over 200 lbs. So, I guess it's natural that they would notice. Anyway, it's so nice to read everyone's posts and thoughts on this.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #32
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
WJS, I just posted this in the May Daily Chat thread, but thought you might find it useful...Yesterday, I sat down and read Brain Over Binge on my Kindle. This book was recommended by a couple of folks in the LCF forum. They said it is a life-changer and like them, I could not put it down (read the whole book in one sitting). It is early to say, but this book could very well change my life. I am simply amazed at the power of the author's approach. It's so simple and makes so much sense.
DaSHMith, I have read about Brain Over Binge here on the forum but your post convinced me, I just ordered it! My husband has a Kindle and uses it every night but I don't (will have to get one) but I just ordered the book from Amazon and hopefully will have it in a few days, thanks to you.

Fingers crossed and thank you.

Last edited by WJS; 05-03-2013 at 12:28 PM..
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Cyn, I'm so sorry you had to experience that. People need to keep their judgments to themselves, whether verbal or non-verbal. We all have the right to our thoughts, but we certainly do not need to express or share every one of them. Shame on that woman in the store for doing that.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS View Post
DaSHMith, I have read about Brain Over Binge here on the forum but your post convinced me, I just ordered it! My husband has a Kindle and uses it every night but I don't (will have to get one) but I just ordered the book from Amazon and hopefully will have it in a few days, thanks to you.

Fingers crossed and thank you.
WJS- So happy you have decided to read the book. Actually, I just found out that you can "loan" Kindle books to others for a period of 14 days. I just offered to loan my "copy" of the book to someone else, but if you know someone who has it and can loan it, you can save a bit of $$$.
See how to do lending here (if you didn't already know you could do this):

Google amazon Help: Lending Kindle Books
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Dash, that's really great that you can lend the book! Most of the ones I read don't have that option (it's up to the publisher). Sounds like a good find!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #36
WJS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WJS
Stats: 165/136/125 Height 5.5"
WOE: Trying HDE
Start Date: August 27, 2012
I have already paid for it but will certainly look out for that in the future, thank you. This one I may have to read more than once anyway.
WJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I must have the same weird habit lol
My hubby doesn't really understand JUDDD although he saw me reading the Alterate Day Diet book. I don't think he pays much attention to what I read because I read "too much" haha He does notice that one day I will have a salad for dinner and no snack after the gym and then the next day I will have high calorie dressing on my salad, eat snacks, etc. He just shakes his head and has no clue! If I want a snack on an UD I just have it and usually it's when he's not around.
I have been told by a number of people at work that I look like I have lost a lot of weight so today when we had a potluck for lunch I felt weird taking a lot of things on my plate when one lady was sitting right there. What would she think if I took all that fattening food when I am supposedly losing weight. She didn't know it was an UD!!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
Four nights ago, on my DD, I felt lonely after my husband left for his pottery class. Instead of reaching for the phone to talk to a friend, I reached for a candy bar. It's the same candy bar that I had paid no attention to for several weeks - it sat in my fridge, and I had barely nibbled on it during my up days.

But that night, I felt sad, and I tore into that candy bar and devoured it. I felt so ashamed for ruining my fast day, that I hid the wrapper in my drawer, rather than risking having my husband see it in the trash.

Although he is on JUDDD too, he is very understanding. There was no need to hide the candy wrapper from him.

I think I felt sad because of a "shameful" event that happened to me in Walmart earlier that day. Because I've lost weight, my pants are quite baggy, and I kept hitting the plastic price markers on the bottom shelves with the cuff of my pants. I kept knocking them down to the floor.

I am quite short, and I have a large "apron" of fat and skin that hangs down from my belly. When I bent low to pick up the price markers from the floor, I noticed a lady staring at my lower abdomen with a complete look of revulsion. I was so humiliated.

That set the tone for the day. That sense of shame morphed into a candy bar binge later that day when I was alone and could eat without anyone seeing me.

A decade ago I lost 185 lbs through gastric bypass. I worked hard to lose the weight, through surgery, exercise, and by eating healthy after the surgery. But although I lost an "entire person" through WLS - I still could not lose my sense of "shame" -- or my sense of being a fat person. I would walk through turnstiles sideways, completely astonished that I fit with ease. I would try on clothes several sizes too big for me, unable to wrap my head around the smaller sizes. What do they call it? Body dysmorphia?

I know that it will take me years, if not a lifetime, to try to erase the guilt and "shame" I feel for not fitting into what society says is "normal, thin or attractive."

Since my surgery I gained 10 lbs a year for a gain of 100 pounds. Now I'm on JUDDD.

The good news is that because of JUDDD, for the first time in four years the scale has gone down. No matter what l.c. (keto) diet I would try, my scale would not budge a pound. Since JUDDD I have new hope. I live relatively crave free, both on up days and down days.

When before I felt, ill, old and immobile, now I feel energetic, healthy and more open to the idea of "forgiving" and loving myself, no matter where I am in my quest to reach a new healthier weight.
Sweet one, thank you for sharing your heart. We are all on this journey together! Your last paragraph says it all! Thank you for sharing with us!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote