Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Thursday: menu and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803258-ud-thursday-menu-plans.html)

SlowSure 05-02-2013 01:26 AM

UD Thursday: menu and plans

Gym tonight so just the 2 meals which makes it tricky to get in the calories.

B: 3 goat sausages (270kcals), 2 fried eggs (220kcals) and cabbage squeak (120kcals). Total=610kcals

D: Charred aubergine curry (approx. 180kcals), white fish curry (approx. 220kcals) with rice, corn and peas (140kcals). Total=540kcals

About 200kcals light, so there may be a little mango and strawberry after dinner, if nothing happens before then. :)

Silverrain 05-02-2013 04:10 AM

Today is another fly-by kind of day. My schedule has been very erratic, and that makes for poor planning. I am working in the main office today, which leaves very little time to eat. I'll likely eat most of my calories at dinnertime.

B: Coffee, 1 tbsp half and half.
L: Soup
D: Unsure. Trivia tonight, so normal plan with that.

I will be exercising tonight once I get home, and then off to trivia. Yesterday was my rest day, and I'm looking forward to getting back to the routine. I hope everyone has an excellent day!! :)

Mamatomany 05-02-2013 04:21 AM

Well, I will do the following meal plan:

b: oatmeal with bluebrries & 0% greek yogurt, and coffee with HWC
5 hours later: taters
Dinner: taters

I must be crazy...but I think just doing dd tater hacking isn't working for me :) So...I'm gonna follow my superhero, fellow goat owner, Adi and try to eat a normal breakfast and then just taters later on. We must be wired the same to enjoy waking up and going out to milk goats :) So 3 days in a row I plan to do this. Also, with the breakfast (1 tsp. vco in it) and the carbs gives me energy and lots of calories so I can meet my UD calorie goal. Here is to a successful upday for everyone...ejoy your day :jumpjoy: :high5: :lol:

Librarygirl 05-02-2013 04:27 AM

Coffee, HWC
sausage biscuit

Potato soup
salad w/new lime dressing

Hamburger

zipp2play 05-02-2013 06:16 AM

Slow - you can do it. I have faith you can GET IN Those calories! ;)

Jen - did you get your paperwork all filled out yesterday?? Exciting about your new prospects!

Mama - sounds like a plan !!

Cindy - Potato soup, YUMMY!!!!!!!!

It is cold here and chance of SNOW they are calling for 1-3 inches! WTH??? It's May!

B - waffle egg cheese 260c
S - protein granola bar 190c
L - turkey rice/brocc soup 140c chips 300c
S - milky way egg (last of Easter candy) 150c
D - it's book club night and we are doing mexican. I have 900 calories for it!

ENJOY your FRIDAY - EVE everyone!!!!!!!!

KeirasMom 05-02-2013 07:57 AM

B: Jalapeno turkey burger, no cheese, coffee (414)
L: Banh Mi (300)
D: ?? Yesterday's plan fell through and we went out to eat, so I may pick up a rotisserie chicken.
Drinks: I'm almost through that bottle of cranberry moonshine, so I think I'll kill that tonight with some Sprite Zero. I'm a martyr for the cause!

Demonica 05-02-2013 08:50 AM

B- bacon, eggs with CO and cheese, coffee with HWC and CO
L- cheeseburger, broccoli
D- HB eggs with mayo, mustard and relish
S- almonds, olives

Silverrain 05-02-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16404938)
Jen - did you get your paperwork all filled out yesterday?? Exciting about your new prospects!

I did get it all filled out and submitted. Unfortunately today, I received an e-mail from the admins at my full-time job, and it appears I may not be able to accept the part-time position. Waiting to hear back. I'm kinda bummed out right now. :( Trying to stay positive, though.

Friday Eve, I like that! Gonna have to start using that from now on - make Thursdays much happier! :)

LiLi914 05-02-2013 10:42 AM

B: I made an Egg & Cheese on a roll
L: The other half of my chicken parm hero from Tuesday's lunch.
D: No idea. We're probably going to grill out tonight so chicken and veggies for me.

Nanner 05-02-2013 10:58 AM

How do you all figure out the calorie in a recipe? I'm making chicken enchiladas tonight, but I don't know what the calorie count is - it's not listed.

Librarygirl 05-02-2013 11:12 AM

If you know the amount of each ingredient, the calories of each ingredient, you can add it all together...determine how much it makes, then the calories for a cup, etc. Post the recipe and I'll try to help. :)

Nanner 05-02-2013 11:43 AM

Thank you!

5 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup light sour cream

10 oz. can of enchilada sauce

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided

2 cups cooked shredded chicken

1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed (canned corn works just fine, but drain it first)

4 oz. can diced green chiles

1/2 tsp chili powder

1/4 tsp cumin

Salt and pepper

4 green onions

8 tortillas

1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 913 dish with cooking spray.
2.In the bowl of your mixer cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup of each type of cheese.
3.In a second bowl toss together the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, green chiles, and half of the scallions. Add the chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and combine well.
4.Spread about half of the remaining enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
5.Spoon the filling into each tortilla, roll the tortilla up, and place in the baking dish with the seam down. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the filled tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions and serve.