Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Trying to do JUDDD

...and a little frustrated with myself.

I only want to lose about 5 lbs... I started out kinda half-doing JUDDD Not counting any calories, just trying to eat very little one day, then normally the next.

So, I actually tried to do things right, and calculated the calories which I HATE counting!!!!!!!! My down day is only 260 calories!!!! At 110 lbs, yeah, thats all you get, being petite sucks. I know some people do 500 calories, but that would be the "maintenance" mode for me on JUDDD according to the calculator.

Here is the real problem I'm having. On Down days, I feel horrible. I start to feel really draggy around noon... this continues to worsen until by dinner time I am light headed, sleepy, shaky, (basically hypoglycemic). I actually am not really hungry or ravenous, so much as I just want to eat something to feel better. On days where I screwed up and just ate something moderate, I immediately perk up and start feeling better.

Take today - started out with just Dt Mt Dew... feeling bad at noon, had a pickle... still feeling bad... had some veggie broth from the carton that I heated up... still not feeling better, had about 1/2 of the vegetable soup I had planned for dinner.... no help... and decided I need to just knuckle it out. By 4pm, I can barely function, I got coffee with a generous amount of milk (at this point, I'm probably over the 260 calories I'm supposed to eat)... the coffee barely helped. I want to curl up and go to sleep. FINALLY I get to dinner, measly remainder of the soup... which did nothing, and now I'm hungry.....By 7pm, I gave in. I had a salad = lettuce/tomato/ half avocado/turkey, with fat free italian dressing and about a tbsp of ranch. that helped me feel better.

Basically I get so light headed and cant focus (and I'm studing for a licensing exam each night, so I need to be able to concentrate), I end up screwing up. And I end up eating something, I will perk right up and not want to sleep from light headedness/headachy feeling in the middle of the day.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Monica (Zipp2Play) does higher DDs, IIRC, due to this same issue. I know I've read of others who've had to raise their DDs or modify their schedules due to DD brain fog. Its hard to function at work and life in that fugue state. I'm lucky that my wonky DDs went away after the first one or two.
How long have you been trying JUDDD? Maybe you could start out at 500, even though that's maintenance for you, and work your way down. Another option would be to do the 5:2 schedule although that would not eliminate the DD fog necessarily but would limit the days you feel it.
I guess I just am wondering if you stick with it, maybe it will get better? Here's hoping at least!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Trying for about 3 weeks with just "eating less"... actually counting calories for about 3 days. But either way, I feel crappy if I dont eat.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
It's possible that "white knuckling" it will get you past that stage. But it's also possible that this low of calories just doesn't work for your body/blood sugar, etc. If you're studying, you really can't afford to push through, at least not right now, in my opinion. Don't make yourself sick! With so little to lose, you really can afford to let it come of slowly. Good luck whatever you decide.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
DDs do get eaier- much easier. I recall feeling pretty awful at the beginning. I had a lot to lose though and pushed through it. I'm grateful I did since now I feel fantastic on DDs. Clear headed, energetic, bright mood, but like it has been mentioned you don't need to lose much so take it slow if you can't push through the initial 2 weeks. Induction really can be 500 regardless of your calculated number.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Feeling "spaced out" and can't focus?

I think some people just aren't really suited to this.....I'm not discouraging you from giving it a fair shot, but our bodies are all different and I personally feel that not everyone can thrive on JUDD....so don't feel bad if it just doesn't "work" for you.
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:24 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
JUDDD has a healing effect on the body, which can cause some detoxing symptoms and adjustments. As the others have said it does get much easier, both as your body gets used to fasting and also as you learn what works for you.

I wonder if it would be better to get your exam out of the way and then have a go at this?
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
DD's never got completely EASY for me. I know many people here mention fasting all day or doing just 260c. I can't even begin to imagine that. Yennie mentioned me. Most of my DD's are between 500-700c. I have had a rare one that was actually 500c, but that is typically ONLY on the weekend. I can't function at work on less and I have to have my job. Since you only want to lose 5, why not try DD's at 500 or 600c and see what happens??? I think the rotations alone may get you right where you want to be.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Monica,
Glad you chimed in. After I wrote that, I thought Oh geeze! I hope I'm remembering right because I'm going to feel pretty silly to have messed that one up!
Tofu,
Thanks for linking to that thread - I'd totally forgotten about it.
Strawberry,
I was thinking last night basically what has already been said: either pushing through it, you're detoxing or that maybe this isn't a WOE for you. Although I hate to say the later since I absolutely love JUDDD, I just wonder if you might be one of our friends for whom this plan isn't going to be a good choice. I also thought that doing higher DDs and letting the weight come off more slowly might be a good choice for you. Although I'm nowhere near my goal, others have reported that the weight comes off slower the less you have to lose so keep that mental aspect in mind as well.
I don't want to discourage you since, as I said, I love JUDDD and what its done for me. I think its telling that we're all on the same page though.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote