Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I was thin or underweight my whole life until the sleepwalking started in September of 1997. In September of 1997 I weighed 92 pounds. In 15 months I weighted 230!!!!!!! That is a lot of sleep eating.

I took that weight off in 2003-2004 at which time I lived alone and kept zero food at home. I only ate at work.

When I moved in with DW- who expected that she would have food in her home I gained from 112 to just over 200 again in a very short period of time.

Thus the need for significant changes.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Thanks. I remember you mentioning that before. I suppose to a large degree we all know where our weaknesses lie and just have to tailor our plan to accomodate those weaknesses. I've been reading back on my journals when I was most successful in 2011 and then sabotaged myself. There are some very clear patterns. Sometimes our own histories can teach us the most.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Glad to see everyone back for this thread!

Willpower is such a funny thing. I have said this before, and I'll probably be saying it till the end of time. I consider myself a really strong woman. I'm independent, I'm strong willed, I was a lawyer in a field of only men and I held my own. But, food has this hold over me that nothing else in life does. I have such a strong will and determination in so many areas of my life, but food has, and i fear always will, have control over me. I have to just learn to deal with it the best that I can.

I think we all have to find that motivating and compelling reason that keeps us going for the long haul. It's easy to get excited and feel motivated in the beginning. It's relatively new to us, we're probably losing lots of weight at first, and we haven't been depriving ourselves much because we just started. But then life kicks in. We have vacations, family events, life milestones, work stress, kid stress, partner stress, bills due, parties to attend, social gatherings, and oh for me... FOOTBALL SEASON That's the real challenge for me. I know this is going to be something I have to stick too for the long haul. And sometimes it's so daunting I can't find any compelling reason inside me that I can think of that will get me to do this for as long as I know it will take. But I know that's just self-sabotage. And those are the kinds of thoughts and fears I have to start to learn to fight back against. I'm a few months in to my weightloss efforts, this time, what's going to keep me here 6 months from now, 8 months, a year, TWO YEARS. That's the real battle.

I do have some really strong motivating factors I've never had before and I am hoping that is what propels me along for the long haul this time (medically related). In the past, my weight loss goals were always some event- a wedding, an event, a vacation (hey I was just talking about this in another thread), etc. And when that event was over, I let myself cheat. You know just because I had worked so hard to get to that point, and now it was over, and there was nothing I needed to be killing myself for, so I'll just take this one week to enjoy myself from all that hard work. And that week turned into 2 or 3 or 4 and so on and in no time I had gained back all that weight I had lost. I guess this is probably something those of you in maintenance must face every day. Sometimes now I think that event is getting to the final goal weight I want. And I read about people JUDDDing through maintenance, and honestly, the first thought that runs through my head is, they're crazy. They're still restricting at their goal weight, why! I would never do that. And then reality hits me and I realize that is how and why I became fat! Because this is more about losing to make it to that event, to fit in that dress or swimsuit, or to hit those milestone markers including final goal numbers. It's about changing your lifestyle and WOE that got you to this point in the first place. And "cheating" shouldn't be such a reward. I am always going to like food. I love to cook, I am an original self-proclaimed foodie. But eating whatever I want shouldn't just be the only thing I look forward too to reward my hard work. I think I need to also learn other ways to self-reward.

So there's my thoughts for the day. I need to think about weight loss as more than that vacation next month, that event the month after, or even that first 50 lbs I'd LOVE to loose. And I need to start thinking about how to feel fully satisfied rewarding myself in ways other than french fries and cupcakes.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Maybe think of the "event" as your 10 year anniversary in maintenance. By then, you should have a firm grasp on it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
There's nothing stopping you from celebrating for a week, even during weight loss--if you don't have a time frame for weight loss. JUDDD is so forgiving, that you can step right back in and get rid of the extra lbs/water. However, I think going for more than a week without watching calories/DDs is a recipe for disaster. Some people may be able to do more than a week after getting to maintenance, or after juddding for a very long time, but I would be very careful about it. However, the reason I love JUDDD is that I can celebrate eod. To some extent anyway. And that is enough to have kept me going for nearly 1.5 years! I may not be where I want to be yet, but I have kept off all that I lost. You can do it, Andy!!!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
There's nothing stopping you from celebrating for a week, even during weight loss--if you don't have a time frame for weight loss. JUDDD is so forgiving, that you can step right back in and get rid of the extra lbs/water. However, I think going for more than a week without watching calories/DDs is a recipe for disaster. Some people may be able to do more than a week after getting to maintenance, or after juddding for a very long time, but I would be very careful about it. However, the reason I love JUDDD is that I can celebrate eod. To some extent anyway. And that is enough to have kept me going for nearly 1.5 years! I may not be where I want to be yet, but I have kept off all that I lost. You can do it, Andy!!!!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I'm not doing so well here in Austria - too much good food! I thought it wouldn't be too difficult here - but I'm struggling, to eat what I need, not just what's available!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote