Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Wonderful news!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
How wonderful, great work, so pleased that JUDDD worked for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
pictures!

awful pictures, but this is all i have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-5-13 mom.jpg (37.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 10-5-014.jpg (44.7 KB, 30 views)
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #154

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Those are great!!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
i hit my goal this morning. juddd is a miracle diet. i never thought i'd get this far without having to starve myself.

thanks gals!!!

That's so awesome!
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
I have about 150 pounds to lose. I'm not sure where I'll end up but my low goal weight is 140. We'll see once I get there if I want to lose more or what my body wants to do.
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great pictures jenericstewart! Wow, you look do different, and really lovely.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
awful pictures, but this is all i have.
Amazing!!!!! You have done an awesome job!!!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Wow!!!! Wow!!!!! Love them!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
i have no idea why THAT one picture even survived, since i was famous for tossing them. it's really awful (i'm not sure what the deal with my hair was!), but i'm so thankful i do have it so i have something to compare myself to.

thanks for all of your kind words. i really appreciate each and everyone of you.

my husband has agreed that i should be "allowed" to lose 10 more pounds for a cushion. so i'm pretty happy about that.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cnelson316
this is so inspiring thank you
cnelson316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
You look amazing, jenericstewart...so happy for you!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
So, I would like to try and resurrect this thread. I started it almost a year ago. I am unfortunately back in the same spot I was last year weight wise, curious to see where everyone else is at. At least I have a better grasp on my health issues this year. I feel like that will lead me to a better result (I hope). I was looking for this thread because I wanted to remind myself what my mini goals were and to think about if I still feel the same about them. And I do. I'll just add another goal to it. In April of 2015 I don't want to be anywhere near where I am now. I don't care if I'm 20lbs down or 200lbs down. I just don't want to let another year of my life go by without any progress. I'm finally just really sick and tired of this. Tired of feeling Tired, Tired of moving awkwardly and slowly all the time, tired of throwing away what should be some of the best years of my life big and slow and in pain all the time. I've HAD IT!

The other thing I was thinking about today is why I've let it be so easy for me to get to this size. I really do blame my awesome, loving, supportive, totally thin and fit, gorgeous husband who should've been a jerk to me years ago or honestly should've just left me at some point. He's too nice. And he loves me too much. I don't really mean it's his fault. But, I had to tell him to stop being so nice to me. I need a kick in the butt and big dose of reality. I may wish I never said that because now he drags me out of bed at 6 am every morning (I am NOT a morning person) to go to the gym no matter how whiny I am. He's not letting me talk my way out of anything! (which is good!) And he did finally come clean to me. In a totally loving and supportive way. But I needed to hear it. I needed to hear how my weight was affecting him. And I'm glad I gave him the freedom to tell me.

My other problem is how socially accepted I am. Even at this weight. I honestly wish I wasn't. I am a social person, I have a ton of friends, heck I work in sales so I'm socializing all day every day. I go to bars and clubs with all my thin and pretty girlfriends and they let me in right along with them. I'm fun so people like me and like to be around me. I think I dress really nicely (or my credit cards seem to say so. ) I get complemented on my make-up, my hair, I'm always at the salon or getting my nails done. I take care of myself in every area except my weight. And I wear my weight differently, I don't think I look anywhere close to what I weigh. Even my doctor used to say wow, honestly you look a lot thinner than you are I didn't realize you were gaining weight, or she would say you're the healthiest overweight person that comes in here. Ok, this is starting to sound ridiculous. How do I explain it. It's kind of like how I feel about my husband. I wish I wasn't so socially accepted. I wish people didn't tell me they love my style, or compliment the way I look, or give me the excuses I needed to feel like I wasn't doing so much damage to myself! Ugh, why do I need other people to do the work for me. But it's like, until I felt these health issues this year, I never felt a compelling reason to loose the weight. That's it, that's what I'm trying to say. Which is such a total cop out excuse! right!!! But I guess it's true. Until my body literally couldn't take it anymore, I felt like a normal person. Heck I maybe even felt better than normal. Because everyone always liked me, and accepted me, and told me how pretty I was, and I was healthy for a really long time....until I wasn't. Blah. I feel like I'm trying to shift the blame. But I guess it let me live in total denial for a really, really long time. I was really happy, or really probably just really happy on the surface (what happy person let's themselves eat into the 300's!) and then it all came crashing down around me at once. But maybe that was good. I was living in denial afterall. If I want to really break it down. How many times did someone tell me they loved my make-up that day, or the top I was wearing. But... how many times did someone say I looked fit, or I looked healthy or hey you've lost weight! Never. I was letting all of those superficial compliments cover-up what they weren't saying.

Anyways, that's my introspective, psychological rant for today. I think I'll go buy some make-up and get my nails done at lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Hi JUDDD BUDDD's

I wanted to start a thread for those of us who want to loose 100lbs or more. I love all the great advice everyone gives on this board, and it's so interesting to read through everyone's experience with this. But, I thought it would be good to get a thread going for those of us with a...um... longer road ahead than others.

I think my first goal is just deciding what I want my goal to be. I really am more focused on mini-goals. Not so much because the real goal (of being skinny and fabulous) is so far off, but, because in the past I've had difficulties even reaching my mini goals. So, here's what I've sort of come up with (for now)

300lbs because up until a year and a half ago I have NEVER been in the 3's and I let a year take me out of control.

285lbs because I remember that weight. It was about 5 years ago, and it's a very heavy weight, but I remember that at that weight I didn't have all the health and medical complications that I have now. I felt good and my body "moved" like a normal persons.

245lbs. This is what I was when I graduated law school. I thought I was the heaviest I would ever be and swore I wouldn't hit that 250 marker. Don't ask me when I did, because I didn't weigh between that 245 and 285.

220lbs. This is my weight when I got married. It was 20lbs thinner than I was when I got engaged and I remember how hard I worked to loose that 20lbs (and what a difference 20lbs makes when your in the 200's as opposed to the 300's). Yes, still big. But this was a good weight for me. I liked who I was at this weight. And, at this weight, the dreaded airplane seat belt (if you've read any of my other posts) fit me. I was a good 16/18 at this weight and I was ok with that. This is about 100lbs from now, so in the near term, I would say this is my goal weight.

199lbs - need I say more

175lbs - This was a great weight for me. Im always going to be a fuller size, and I'm ok with that, and I carry my weight evenly and well, so I like this size. I was a size 10 here. Of course I was in college the last time I weighed this. But, I'm not that far removed now. It seems so crazy to me, but I think I can do it.

135lbs - Is this even a possibility. This would be a 200lb loss for me and a weight I haven't seen since I was 16. I can't even comprehend this, and there is actually some real fear that comes to mind when I think about this weight. Strange.

Sometimes I get stuck on how far I have to go that it seems so dubious to me that I will ever get there. And then I have to wedge myself barely into an airplane seat or a stadium seat and I instantly remember why I HAVE to do this. How do you cope with the long road ahead?
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Andy,

Very good idea to restart this thread - I missed last time unfortunately! I have some similar issues to you -including lacking motivation to lose weight! I also have a v. supportive husband (who I met 25 years ago at 147lbs, when I thought I was big), no obvious health problems yet, and I have suceeded in a high pressure industry despite my size. I do struggle a bit socially, being shy and self conscious, but I have never let the weight stop me doing things like swimming etc. Because I have been fat to various degrees all my life I have ignored it over the years.

I now see my Mother, who is only 23 years older than me, struggle with cancer for the last 8 years and very poor health and mobility mainly due to her weight. She looks 10 - 20 years older than her normal weight sisters.

I am 49 and am gradually accepting (I hope) that I am ruining my health and that it has to change before it is too late. My boys are still young and I need to be around for them.

Hopefully we can all support each other to keep at it!!

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Andy for putting it all out there like this. And you too Dee.

Expressing it concretely like this is a really great step to take. We all have dissatisfactions and frustrations that we live with every day, but don't take the time to dissect and analyze. Probably why so many fail to make any real headway on goals, whether they are weight loss, or any other kind of goals.

Lacking a solid reason and really serious motivation was the reason why I feel I had trouble making weight loss happen in the past. I wanted it, but I didn't WANT IT WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL like I have this time around. I still can't define why all of a sudden I got it, but it happened. I know that I wanted to lose my weight before menopause hit and it became even harder, and also before I was too old for my skin to rebound. But those reasons have always been there, and don't really explain my driving determination this time.

But health reasons are solid reasons. And I have to say, I didn't even realize how not-good I felt when I was so much heavier. I never really felt sick. I was tired sometimes, but I've always been a go-getter and got a lot done. What I didn't realize is how much MORE I could do without the weight, and how much BETTER I would actually feel. It's been an eye-opener. And I still have a ways to go!

My hope for you is that it really clicks for you this time, like it did for me. It's a long road, but really very rewarding in all honesty. Stick with us, and it will even be fun! I can't wait to come along on this journey with you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I'll be back ... Off to bed now!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thanks for sharing, Andy and Dee. I don't plan on losing 100 lbs, but my ultimate goal was 72-75 lbs. I've only managed 35 in over a year, but I am so grateful for that. We need to talk about how this weight is affecting us, and ask for support. I believe it is the single most effective tool for weight loss, and this forum is the BEST. I hope to see you two sticking around and posting often!!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Thaks Andy for bumping andsharing. How blessed you are with love of family and friends. And Motivation! Ot is always hard to change and harder without some pain. You seem to have health, and acceptance so so what is your motivator.? I would be very clear in yoir mind why you are changing and keep it in focus. Glad you are here.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:42 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, what a post Andy, I'm so in the same boat! Because of this self-sabotage - or as my friend likes to say, conflicting programs running at the same time! I'm looking into EFT or tapping to help with the 'brain' side of things! As I tell people regularly, no one should EVER question this odd thing called willpower, in me - I'd like to see them stick at something so long, that was 'different' - it really annoys me when people suggest that I just need more willpower! If that was all it was, I'd be slim!

I know I need to change my relationship with food, need to get past whatever it is that makes me stop, and regain all the weight I put so much effort into losing!

I am trying Paul McKenna again, and may add in 5:2 when I get home (currently on holiday with Kissa!) but I know that I truly need to work on me, not just what I eat. May be this will make the difference!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:46 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just reread your post - and yep - ditto on the way too socially accepted - but I do think that's better than the alternative for a gregarious, outgoing person - I can't imagine not having my friends and all the fun we have!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
As I tell people regularly, no one should EVER question this odd thing called willpower, in me - I'd like to see them stick at something so long, that was 'different' - it really annoys me when people suggest that I just need more willpower! If that was all it was, I'd be slim!
A while ago, I read an actuarist's comment on yet another analysis of commercial diet programmes that yielded results that can be summarised as, "They're all fairly poor in their outcomes - but this one is no worse than any of the others". The commenter wrote:
Quote:
A sampling of that size WOULD, however, imply a number of things. A statistically significant portion of this sampling {certainly more than .5%} probably:
  • - believe in hard work, determination, and commitment
  • - have passion, drive, and other qualities worthy of a made for TV movie starring Tori Spelling
  • - really, really, REALLY wanted the program to work

The combination of these factors would incline me to believe that the above virtues have absolutely no impact on the success of the program. There is literally NO GROUNDS to believe that attitude or commitment would change these statistics in any way.
The success rate for [redacted] is lower than inexplicable cancer remission." [My emphasis. The 0.5% reference is to the success rate of the commercial programme which is 1 person in 200.]
It really isn't about willpower, is it.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-04-2014 at 05:34 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
SS, Wow. Just wow. Thanks for sharing that! to the commenter.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Andy, what a brave and wonderful post. Reading it, my immediate reaction was to argue with you that of course you deserve a wonderful, loving husband, and of course you deserve friends who want to be around you and enjoy your company. But I know your issue is that you need people to be a little less supportive not of you as a person, but of your current eating habits. I understand and can relate. But you are beautiful and deserving and deserve not just to look the way you want, but also to have all the health benefits of feeling fit and healthy.

I'm so glad you bumped this post and really glad you're back to JUDDDing!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

This round my journey was an 80 pound loss, so not quite 100lb, but in 2003 I went from 230lb to 112lb so I've done the 100+ loss. Obviously I gained a lot back, but this time I feel it's totally sustainable. I did have to make some significant changes and also ask a DW that loved me at 200 pounds to help me lose the weight by not surprising me with ice cream and by allowing me to empty the pantry and keep it empty. I know my DW loved me at 200 pounds and she loves me today. The only difference is I'm much happier with myself and way healthier. Happier and healthier- that is truly priceless.

I want that for all my JUDDD buds!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 04-05-2014, 04:39 AM   #176

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm with Carly on this one. DH loved me at nearly 300 pounds. I loved him at 450 pounds. We've always had a good relationship. We've always encouraged each other in whatever the other set out to do. I never "wanted" or "expected" him to lose weight or change in any way, and he was the same with me. I think DH was a lot like you Andy. He is very social and nobody ever made an issue of his weight. He's always been successful in his jobs and has always had a leadership role. I'm the reclusive one, but his experience sounds quite a lot like yours.

The rewards that we've both reaped from weight loss far exceeded what we expected. Our relationship is even better! I'm more social. We go out more. We are much more intimate. It's not that we weren't intimate before, but it's, um, better and more often now, IYKWIM. I've lost 130-135 pounds and he's lost 225 pounds. We feel better about ourselves and it really has strengthened our relationship. I see pictures of us at higher weights and I realize that I never saw him as big as he was. I always saw the thin man underneath. He's said the same about pictures of me. It almost feels like those are two different people, strangers, and even though we had a wonderful life and marriage before, it feels almost dreamlike, if that makes sense. We feel "awake" now.

As an aside, I never had any health issues related to my weight. I think that made it easier for me to be in denial. DH had hypertension and sleep apnea, which have both gone away with the weight loss.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:02 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I love reading these stories. Thanks everybody for sharing.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Thank you all for the encouraging stories! It is so hard to really believe it is possible or that life would be better (which sounds mad I know!).

Vicky- very interested to hear what you think of EFT, I have info but resist trying it. I also recently bought a Paul Mckenna hypnosis tape!

Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Obviously I gained a lot back, but this time I feel it's totally sustainable. I did have to make some significant changes and also ask a DW that loved me at 200 pounds to help me lose the weight by not surprising me with ice cream and by allowing me to empty the pantry and keep it empty.
Carly you mention making "significant changes." Do you feel comfortable detailing what they were?
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
Carly you mention making "significant changes." Do you feel comfortable detailing what they were?
I have a sleepwalk eating disorder. I sleepwalk most of the night and if any food is available I may eat it (Probably will). So, for my first 8 months we/I went to the grocery store every day after work to get food for dinner and kept no food in the house period.

When the hurricane was coming in October of 2012 we had to stock up on some things and since then we have had brief periods with food in the cabinets, but if we have any non-perishables around DW will hide them every evening so I don't eat anything while sleepwalking.

So there is rarely anything to snack on other than an 80 calorie yogurt, celery and pickles- but if I nibble on that in my sleep no big deal.