Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
you're the only one i've seen on-line who's lost 100 pounds or more on juddd.

i like to see success stories because it makes me feel like i can do it, too. in the beginning, i was wondering if it was a good diet for ME because there weren't any success stories from formerly morbidly obese, specifically from people who'd been obese since childhood, like myself. most of "us" never do succeed with diets, in the long run. and those that do, they practically end up having to live in starvation mode to maintain it. this is the reason my goal's to be a size 18, rather than a 10. life's too short.
I felt the same way for a long time. In fact, I initially really rejected the whole idea of this diet for someone my size. I lurked a bit on the boards just because I would be here for the general LC page. My initial thought was, ok, it's fine to restrict your calories and food intake when you're HALF my size, but I kind of rejected the idea that someone my size would be eating what someone 100-200lbs LESS than me would be eating. But, that adjustment really happens with my UDs. I get around 2600 cal on my UDs where other people are looking at 1000 less than that. That made a little more sense to me. But all in all, it was really just fear holding me back. The same fear that holds me back everytime I try to lose weight. It takes on a different face each time, but, it's always fear that puts up a wall, tells me I can't do it, and gives me the permission I am seeking to give up and give in. I haven't been on this journey long, but long enough that I know now, I can do this for however long it takes. I'm not counting down the days I've been on it like with LC for example when I would say "I just did my two weeks, where is my 14lb promised weight loss". And, I'm weighing everyday (and not losing like I want too) and I'm not using that to throw in the towel. A month now almost with no weightloss. Oh my gosh, if I was on LC, or WW, forget it. That would've been all the ammo I needed to throw in the towel. But, since this seems to easy to me, I don't need that as an excuse not to keep going. It's like what have I got to loose (no pun intended)! If I loose, great, if I don't who cares. I'm happy, I'm not deprived, and I'm not really giving much up. And I feel more confident than ever that I WILL loose eventually, I just need to be patient and wait for my body to catch up. I would have NEVER told you that on ANY OTHER diet. Never, ever, ever, ever! It's that which tells me I can do this for the long haul!
But it does help, to see those other success stories out there.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
The problem with this is that his restrictions are based SOLELY on fat content. So we have a vending machine full of extremely high-sugar, but low-fat options. Nutrition is so complicated and this one-size-fits-all approach isn't going to help, so I do worry about that.
Sorry, one more thing. That is so funny it reminded me of something. This morning the Today Show did a segment on the rising popularity of BPC. Matt Lauer is SUCH a moron and just kept saying it's GROSS and so fattening. And the dumb female anchors were like, well I don't understand how this works. I mean I guess if you drank this in place of your breakfast it's less calories. But it's still really high in calories so I don't understand why you would drink this for weightloss. They call themselves journalists, but, FAILED to do a little research and realize that most people drink this for ENERGY and are not counting calories but carbohydrates. It's like, they just couldn't get past that there were too many calories to lose weight, nevermind ZERO carbs.

It's amazing to me that we are nation who is obese, we have popular shows like Biggest Loser and Extreme Weightloss Makeover, yet there is so much misinformation about nutrition and weightloss.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
See we've all been a bit quiet, so I thought I would pick up the thread!

I finally have access to scales - ugh! I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet and change my stats!

I was just looking at my charts and discovered that last November seems to have been my moment of OMG, I gained 20lbs in one month! What was I doing?

I just don't know! I had previously regained 18lbs over 5 months, and managed to creep up practically to my start weight over the past 6 months!

Crazy, I know I was eating way too much! But I was out of control!

Anyway, restarted just over 2 weeks ago, and I'm down 9lbs!

Still 33lbs before I get back to where I was, but I know I'm going to do it and get even lighter!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
I felt the same way for a long time. In fact, I initially really rejected the whole idea of this diet for someone my size. I lurked a bit on the boards just because I would be here for the general LC page. My initial thought was, ok, it's fine to restrict your calories and food intake when you're HALF my size, but I kind of rejected the idea that someone my size would be eating what someone 100-200lbs LESS than me would be eating. But, that adjustment really happens with my UDs. I get around 2600 cal on my UDs where other people are looking at 1000 less than that. That made a little more sense to me. But all in all, it was really just fear holding me back. The same fear that holds me back everytime I try to lose weight. It takes on a different face each time, but, it's always fear that puts up a wall, tells me I can't do it, and gives me the permission I am seeking to give up and give in. I haven't been on this journey long, but long enough that I know now, I can do this for however long it takes. I'm not counting down the days I've been on it like with LC for example when I would say "I just did my two weeks, where is my 14lb promised weight loss". And, I'm weighing everyday (and not losing like I want too) and I'm not using that to throw in the towel. A month now almost with no weightloss. Oh my gosh, if I was on LC, or WW, forget it. That would've been all the ammo I needed to throw in the towel. But, since this seems to easy to me, I don't need that as an excuse not to keep going. It's like what have I got to loose (no pun intended)! If I loose, great, if I don't who cares. I'm happy, I'm not deprived, and I'm not really giving much up. And I feel more confident than ever that I WILL loose eventually, I just need to be patient and wait for my body to catch up. I would have NEVER told you that on ANY OTHER diet. Never, ever, ever, ever! It's that which tells me I can do this for the long haul!
But it does help, to see those other success stories out there.
I seriously just teared up reading this. That fear is such a pain in the butt and keeps us from getting to where we know we can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Anyway, restarted just over 2 weeks ago, and I'm down 9lbs!

Still 33lbs before I get back to where I was, but I know I'm going to do it and get even lighter!
Rockstar!!!!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
okay, i gotta bump this thread up.

yesterday, i just told myself i'm done with scrambling with other diets, and now i'm going back to juddd for the remainder of my dieting. anything else is ridiculous, because juddd is the most enjoyable way of dieting.

i tried the meat and egg fast up until sunday, with 1 day/wk free-for-all, which seemed to work, but my last free-for-all day i got very sick because my body wasn't used to all of the carbs. phooey on that. if i can't eat carbs on those days, why bother. i'm in this for the long haul, so might as well just stick with the best. lol

for me, up days are easy. the down days are very difficult, but i made it through my first down day yesterday. yesssssssss
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jenericstewart - yay for getting through that first DD (again! and I know that feeling)

I do think this is an important thread to keep going - everyone faces challenges, but with 100+ to lose we have some different challenges!

I am pleased that I have pretty much managed to stick to my rotations on my 3 week holiday with Kissa - it has helped that she is also JUDDDing!

Let's all have a roll call!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #98

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm here, still trudging along.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Dawn - our poster child!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still here! Optimistic and patiently working towards my goal.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #101

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Here!

I'm so glad you are having a great visit. Are you still in the UK or back home now?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LCG here till Sunday morning - will miss Mum, but looking forward to being with DH!

Lisa - you are doing great - keep up the good work!

Today is an UD, andi really want to go out for brekkie (Kissa isat the gym, like a good girl) as I really want some good UK style bacon before I head back - but I have some work I have to do this morning - dilemma (not really, as work comes first! - maybe breakfast for lunch later?) sorry if you're on a DD and I just made you hungry!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Hi All!!!

I started the dang thread and then I disappeared for almost a month!

I'm back here and I'm back JUDDDing. I had a slight slip off, but, got myself back on track. I feel good and feel ready to get back going.

I am downright ticked off though with no weightloss in June. I know the reasons why (I think) and all of that is fine. But, I'm not gonna like, I'm angry about it. 7 months of dieting I thought for sure I'd be at 70lb or so. Was I crazy! I'm close to 30 and hoping to hit a good 5lbs a month from here on out. So, while the 30 is lower than I would like, I need to think about where I could be this time next year with just an average 5lb monthly loss. I remember exactly what I was doing and how I was feeling this time last year. A year goes by so quickly! I can do it I can do it I can do it!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Andy, 5 lbs a month gets you places! That has been my average (some months more, some less). I'm about halfway to goal ... I started out with 138.7 pounds I wanted to lose, and now that number is down to 66.8. I just saw your response on my JUDDDiversary post, and it was so nice of you to let me know that you were encouraged by it ... just as I've been inspired by so many people on this board. That makes my day! I just know you can do it, and I am looking forward to your JUDDDiversary post!

Last edited by calichris; 07-12-2013 at 04:40 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all, 5lbs a month isn't bad at all, particularly with one month and no weightless! Well done!

This week has worked out to be 5:2 for me, but that isn't bad, as I'm on holidays.

Flying home tomorrow - excited to see my DH but sad to leave Kissa!
Old 07-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christina that is brilliant!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All

I'm back home! And after not having had a DD since last Thursday - have managed a successful DD here.

I need to stick with this - my knees and ankles are achy (too much shopping!) and I just want to be healthy - when I'm working I have to stand all day - and although I'm confident - I'm more confident when I look and feel better - so I'll get more business!!!!

DH has already unpacked one set of scales - and I jumped on this morning - 1.6lbs up from lightest over the last few weeks - but I'm hopeful it will be gone after today's good DD.

Thinking about hitting the gym in the morning - does anyone else exercise?? What do you do?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #108

Vicky, I'm glad your safe back home, and that you had such a marvelous visit with Kissa. I'm sure that tiny amount of weight will drop right off and you'll be on the downward again.

I haven't done a whole lot of exercising since starting to lose. I was losing so well it just didn't seem necessary, or even wise. Now I'm losing much slower and have added in some light weight bearing exercises and indoor walking several times a week. Right now it's way too hot to walk outside (Arizona), but I'm contemplating starting early morning walks maybe in September when it's cooling off a bit through the night.

I was hoping the walking (I do my own Leslie Sansone type thing) would really boost my losses, but I seem to not be making much progress this month. I'm going to give it some more time though. Good for you for trying to get in some activity!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hi Vicky! I have been trying different classes to find out what I liked. I wasn't crazy about zumba or yoga, but I found out I really like other dance-style aerobics classes ... there's this one called "glow aerobics" which is like learning a dance routine and is in the dark with disco lights. Very fun. I was nervous to try kickboxing, but that turned out to be one of my favorite classes too (with this instructor anyway) and probably the best allover workout I do. I try to use the weight machines a bit every week as well, although I haven't been very serious about it so far. I also really enjoy walking/hiking when I get the chance.

Recently, I started doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) after reading some articles about it on Dr. Mercola's website and watching Michael Mosely's show on exercise on Horizon. Mosely did it on the bike, but I use a treadmill. You start out at a normal pace and then insert three (or it could me more if you like), thirty-second intervals at the peak intensity you are able to do, with the normal pace in between the intervals. It's supposed to do a lot for your fitness in a short amount of time and also increase fat burning throughout the day?

I think it's really important to find things we really enjoy doing. Have fun at the gym!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post

Thinking about hitting the gym in the morning - does anyone else exercise?? What do you do?
I love swimming. I just love the water to begin with, so for me, swimming for exercise just seemed a natural fit. I could be in a pool all day every day and be a happy girl. Of course, I'd prefer it wtih a frozen drink in hand, but just being in a cool pool makes me happy. I don't know why it took me so long to figure out that my love of water meant that I wouldn't dread exercising in it so much. I took it up a few years ago aided by my DH. He was a state champion swimmer in HS so he really taught me correct form and breathing. Turns out I was really good at it. I don't think it's as fast for calorie burning as something like running. But it is a total body workout. And it's easy on the joints which is crucial for me (3 herniated disks in my back, a bum right knee, and a left foot issue). Unfortunately my gym closed a few years ago. I had no where else close that had a lap pool and right when I was in the groove of it, i let it go. A new gym opened up and we've got back into the routine a few weeks ago. I almost have my stamina right back where it used to be.
When I travel and I have no pool, I try to do the elliptical about 45 min. I also have one in my bedroom for when I can't make it to the gym. I hate it. It's so boring. I couldn't just do that all the time. But, I do like that it gives my muscles something different to do. Its like IF, changing up your workouts regularly gives your muscles that same little jolt IF gives your metabolism. We also play raquetball every once in a while and when the weather get's nicer we'll add in somemore outdoor activites too. There's a nice obstacle course at our city park that I'm dying to try. I'm not one for classes but in my early college years I was a kickboxing addict. I took a 2 hour class 3 days a week and did Taebo every other day. And my body proved it! I was in the best shape of my life then. I might try something like that again once I get in a little better shape. My point is VARIETY. I think that's the thing that keeps you going back.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Vicky! So glad that you had a great trip.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone!

& WOW on all the exercise - you are all so right - it's about finding out what you like to do and have time to do. Need to hang my head in shame (not really - don't believe in shame!!) as I didn't make it to the gym! I like some exercise classes - loved Jazzercise and I like Body Pump and Body Jam - love the sound of Glow - I feel I should love Zumba - but don't (yet!). I also like HIIT (fan of Bill Phillips BFL exercise regime) & love lifting weights. For me it's the 'get up and go' - I want to exercise because it'll make me healthier and give me a better body when the fat goes! I have known several skinny very unfit people & many very fit, overweight people - the latter has to be better than the former! Although we all know what the optimum is!!

Anyway - some great news to report - and I'll probably put it elsewhere - because I love JUDDD and sharing the good news - I have only managed 3 DD since the 6th of July - on that morning I had hit my new low 248.6 - by the 14th (only 2 DD under my belt) I was at 252 on those scales - then some travelling & eating weighed myself on my scales yesterday morning - and I was 250.2 - had a good DD yesterday and this morning weighed 247! What other diet allows you to only diet 1/3 of the time - and lose 1 1/2lbs in 10 days!! I know that I can't continue to abuse my EOD pattern - but that's okay - I won't!

Had our phone line fitted yesterday - hoping that they'll finalise the internet today!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, have Internet!

Another good DD! 365 cals, including Vodka! Oops!

Had a bad UD yesterday, not really any 'good' food in the house, so ate lots of bread, and then cross & then a rice dish for dinner. Have some more interesting things for tomorrow!

How's everyone doing?

I may have DD euphoria, but I am really enjoying JUDDD so much at the moment.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #114

Wonderful Vicki! I still have yet to try to incorporate alcohol into a DD, although I'm keen to try. And vodka is my favorite! I'm so glad you're enjoying JUDDD so much!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #115

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
love a little DD Euphoria,
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #116
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Mint I just found out today you are our lovely Kissa's daughter!!!! Wooohooo! I feel like I just got a bonus!!! Cuz we're here with our wonderful BUDDDs (forgive me, brainfog-I can't ever remember how many D)! And come to find out your are 2nd gen JUDDD! Wooot!

I'm so thrilled at your progress. Indeed, dieting 1/3 of the time and losing 1 1/2 pounds!!!

I'm so encouraged by y'alls exercising. I have to do it. My oncologist is so po'ed at me for not getting out and doing it. I try to tell him the pain and exhaustion from lack of sleep keep me from it, and he's like B***caca. Go do it. If you want to live, go do it.

So I have to somehow muster the courage to begin and it will be hard. I know you guys will inspire me!!!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:15 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol Pooticus, yep I'm 2nd gen JUDDD! Lot more to lose than Kissa, but it canbe done!

I still haven't started excercising, but have no excuse!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Hi All!
Just checking in to see how everything is going?

Exercise got put on a HALT this week. Grrrrr. I basically got a staph infection in my finger. It has some fancy name, but it's basically staff in and around my fingernail. You have no idea how much this hurts. No idea. I honestly can not remember anything hurting so bad. And it's just a silly finger!!!!
So, Tuesday, my fingertip turned hot and purple and swollen up about 4 times it's size. Not good. Found a doc in downtown near where I was working (not my usual primary) with an opening and went. I swear I am just a magnet lately for bad doctors. He lanced it (basically, took a scalpel and cut it open with no pain med first to "release the pus (sorry if TMI) and swelling". Except he didn't. He apparently didn't know what he was doing and did nothing other than make me scream in pain. then he prescribed me the wrong type of antibiotic. Thank goodness my neighbor is a doctor and took a look at it that evening and had everything at home to do it properly (including a numbing shot first). She fixed it, for a second time that day. Oh what was my point, oh yeah, I can't go in the swimming pool for a while (gotta keep it clean and dry). We did go play racquetball Monday night. But, Tuesday I was fixing the finger, and last night it was still in too much pain to consider grasping hold of a racquet. So I missed two nights after missing some nights last week too. Ugh, this is how it starts. I hate to let this let me slip out of this exercise habit. So I HAVE to find something to do tonight even if it means just getting on the stupid elliptical at the gym (which I hate). But, I know I can't let this give me an excuse not to go.

Anyways, everything else going well. The scale is FINALLY starting to move again. Albeit very, very, very slowly. But hey, down is always better than up!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #119

Ooh, that sounds just awful Andy! Yikes! I'm glad your neighbor was able to help you out. Be careful and give it time to heal properly. Hopefully you can do some stationary bike or elliptical or treadmill - something that won't put any pressure on it. And remember, that additional inflammation will have some effect on your weight until it's fully healed.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #120

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Andy. Wow, that sounds painful! I broke my hip once and didn't know it for 3 months. I'm a big baby though if I have a paper cut or break a fingernail, so I totally get the "it's just a finger, why does it hurt so much?!" feeling.

And to be losing even while fighting an infection is GREAT!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote