Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Pooti, I don't know if this helps, but my Mom is also on Femara and is losing well on JUDDD. Slowly, but well. She's lost 15 pounds in the last 3 months. She is, by no means, as militant about her calories as I am. She sticks with 500 DDs and doesn't count on UDs. I know for a fact she's eating well above what the calculator would give her for UDs, considering her age of nearly 80. But she's still losing, and she's very pleased.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #62
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Pooti, I don't know if this helps, but my Mom is also on Femara and is losing well on JUDDD. Slowly, but well. She's lost 15 pounds in the last 3 months. She is, by no means, as militant about her calories as I am. She sticks with 500 DDs and doesn't count on UDs. I know for a fact she's eating well above what the calculator would give her for UDs, considering her age of nearly 80. But she's still losing, and she's very pleased.
That is so awesome to hear!!!! Thanks for sharing and tell your mom I send hugs and attagirls!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
That is so awesome to hear!!!! Thanks for sharing and tell your mom I send hugs and attagirls!
You bet, and back atcha!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Pooticus - I wrote a post last night that didn't seem to post!!

Just saying a quick hi! and to let you know that I got down to the same sort of weight as you - and then almost went back to my start weight - without any excuse - probably won't make you feel any better - but you can see that you haven't been any worse then some of the rest of us!

Got through my 3rd DD yesterday - and it's the weekend here - so we went out to the local 'club' - and I still managed to have around 480 cals - I'm saying around - because as I have no weighing scales - I am having to guestimate a few things! Loving today's UD - bacon & egg butties so far!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Vicky, what a treat it is to have you join with us! Your mom is such an inspiration and so very kind and helpful.

Andy and Chris - love those posts! So insightful. Thank you!

Pooticus - We are so proud of you! Your determination and attitude are nothing short of amazing. You always inspire me to do my best.

I each and every one of you! Thank you for being such awesome Juddd Buddds!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Time for me to document my history and mini-goals!

Like many of the rest of us, I had some life events that were traumatic for me. When I ballooned up to 350 lbs and was classified as super-obese, it just seemed so overwhelming to think about how much weight I needed to lose to be normal that I didn't even bother. Being roughly 185 lbs overweight was so daunting that I couldn't face it! I was a very sad girl here. Needless to say, I felt horrible, too. Carrying more than another person around all day every day. Sheesh!

Doing low carb took 25 lbs off in 2009, to 325. I de-railed and stayed stable, gradually adding back 5 of those lost.

During our move last fall, I did not diet at all but lost 20 lbs due to the significantly increased energy output, down to 310. (I should move every month!)

I stayed stable at 310 through the holidays. During January I found this forum, ordered the book from Amazon and began reading through the posts. Reading about all of the wonderful health benefits as well as the weight loss -- I was sold and eager to give JUDDD a try.

Four and a half months later, and I am down 35 JUDDD lbs, to 275. *BONUS* I am experiencing much improved health as well! Pretty amazing stuff for a hypo-thyroid, post menopausal girl. That second person I've been hauling around is getting lighter all the time. I can do things that I couldn't do before -- watch a movie in the theatre without being in intense pain, getting in and out of the jacuzzi tub, shopping without being in pain, going up and down stairs. Life's simple pleasures. Being able to do the little things is such a wonderful thing!

I've actually been able to develop a whole new attitude about my weight loss journey. Before, when I would look at the amount of weight that I needed to lose and how dang long it was going to take me to get there. I couldn't bear the thought of the constant, long term deprivation that laid ahead. I felt doomed to be "heavy". While the road ahead to weight normalcy is still long, it's no longer daunting. JUDDD has shown me that I can gain control over my weight and still enjoy my life in the process. It's all good! Even the bounces and stalls don't get to me as much anymore. I know that they will eventually end, and in the meantime Sirts are continuing to get me healthier.

So for now, this is my goal ladder going forward:

268 - no longer morbidly obese. I still remember the first time that I heard that term. I was in my late 20's and I was so fat that it was going to kill me! I hate that term and sincerely wish that they would find another description. This is a biggie for me and I am really looking forward to accomplishing this goal during the summer. (BMI 39.8)

250 - down 100 lbs from highest weight

236 - Obese class 1 (BMI 34.8) Yippee, lowest obese class!

210- 100 lb. JUDDD loss

202 - Overweight class (BMI 29.9)

199 - Onederland

168 - Normal weight (BMI 24.8) I haven't seen this one in over 40 years, and I had lost 50 lbs to get there. When I accomplish this one, there will be no doubt whatsover that for me, JUDDD is the most amazing WOE/WOL on the planet.

Unless something really drastic happens, JUDDD is my WOL forever!

Kimmie

Last edited by Kimmietoo; 06-14-2013 at 06:49 AM..
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Kimmie, I have no doubt you're going to make it! I had a lot of the same feelings you mention and was just overwhelmed with the thought of needing to lose so much and how long that was going to take me. If I can do it, so can you! I never, in a million years, thought I'd be working on "vanity" pounds. When you're obese, that thought is just so alien as to be laughable. With JUDDD, it's not only possible, but infinitely doable, and dare I say, enjoyable!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for sharing all that Kimmie. I agree with Dawn, you will accomplish every one of those goals. It most certainly is daunting when you are so much overweight that you measure your weight loss journey in a year or possibly years, not months. That's a long time to commit to any sort of plan, and a long time to have to feel fully committed and also deprived. That's why I'm so happy to have found JUDDD, because I don't have to feel that deprivation.

You are doing so great, and your losses are inspiring! I'm so glad you're a JB!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #69

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Ditto!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Kimmie, it's just good to be back sharing the journey with everyone, I see Kissa in just 11 days - can't wait - we haven't seen each other since January 2012!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post

Four and a half months later, and I am down 35 JUDDD lbs, to 275. *BONUS* I am experiencing much improved health as well! Pretty amazing stuff for a hypo-thyroid, post menopausal girl. That second person I've been hauling around is getting lighter all the time. I can do things that I couldn't do before -- watch a movie in the theatre without being in intense pain, getting in and out of the jacuzzi tub, shopping without being in pain, going up and down stairs. Life's simple pleasures. Being able to do the little things is such a wonderful thing!

I've actually been able to develop a whole new attitude about my weight loss journey. Before, when I would look at the amount of weight that I needed to lose and how dang long it was going to take me to get there. I couldn't bear the thought of the constant, long term deprivation that laid ahead. I felt doomed to be "heavy". While the road ahead to weight normalcy is still long, it's no longer daunting. JUDDD has shown me that I can gain control over my weight and still enjoy my life in the process. It's all good! Even the bounces and stalls don't get to me as much anymore. I know that they will eventually end, and in the meantime Sirts are continuing to get me healthier.

Kimmie
Hi Kimmie! Thanks for stopping and sharing your story! I relate so much to both things you've said here. Shopping and stairs have become grueling events for me due to medical issues I've developed from the weight gain. I've gone to more doctors appointments in the last 6 months of this year than I have over the last 6 years combined! Those are actually two things I look forward too specifically. I used to love to go shopping. I would shop for 8 hours on a Saturday. I loved to just browse around all day. Now I can barely get through an hour because my feet problems make it so difficult. Last week I went up one flight of stairs at a clients office and just one flight was enough to totally throw my knee out of whack. All the wrk I've done in physical therapy out the window in one flight of stairs.

Anyways on the flip side, I too feel like you do about approaching a long weightless with JUDDD. You took the wrds right out of my mouth!
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Thanks Kimmie, it's just good to be back sharing the journey with everyone, I see Kissa in just 11 days - can't wait - we haven't seen each other since January 2012!
Oh wow! I bet your counting down the days!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am! Not a bad DD, hit 626 cals - it's TOM, and the weekend ... I gave myself permission to go up to 1000, so I'm quite happy.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
good, MintQ8! one day at a time!

juddd has become a dream diet for me since i've started allowing myself permission to eat what i need to eat on my down days (within reason). on the juddd calculator, there are variables. mine aren't exactly according to their specifications, but i'm losing and i'm no longer dreading the inevitable DD (as i used to). 2200 calories (< 150 carbs) UD and 1000 (low/no carbs) DD. though this is technically only at the 45% level, my body really responds to lowering carbs, which has been a major key in my success.

when i was following the lowest level on the juddd calculator, those down days i dreaded something awful, and the up days almost made me want to binge. but now, when i wake up in the morning, i don't cringe because it's a DD anymore because my calories aren't at rock bottom.

when you have a long row to hoe like i do, this has been better than beating myself over the head and/or scrambling, trying to find something that will make dieting not so miserable.

change topic: you know, pre-diet, one thing that didn't really cross my mind is that once a person who's been morbidly obese loses around 40 pounds, it's rather a fun journey. i always thought that i wouldn't be happy until i lost a lot of the weight, but along the way, the clothes options and NSV really are encouraging.

i can buy clothes off the rack, now, and they're not the largest the store carries. this has been a high for me.

my ultimate goal is to wear a size 18. yes, big by most people's standards, but i was a size 20 at age 12.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jenericstewart - great post! I find that I can cope with 400-500 cal DD most of the time - but I don't beat myself up - if I go higher - when I need to.

I agree - on the clothes - such fun!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #76
the condiment queen

Hugs to all!

Vicky you are so sweet to share that with me. Unfortunately I wish I didn't persist in being a misery loves company person...cuz I wouldn't wish that on anyone! LOL, but thank you so much for sharing!!!

Kimmie! Attagirl!!!! Way to inspire us all. Congratulations on your magnificent losses so far and I have complete faith you have found "your key"!!!

XOXO!

So yesterday was supposed to be a DD. And like all of us, my mind/body had other plans for me. It ended up being an UUAD! So today will be a terrifying DD with hunger pangs no doubt, but I'm prepared with a great food plan and firm resolve! LOL.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Jenericstewart, what a great post! I agree with you, and I've thought a lot about this. While I would love to push a button, or wave a magic wand and be at my goal weight, in reality I don't think I would trade this journey. I've learned so much (and still am every day) about myself, the way my body works. I've slowly adjusted to my new size and shape, and how other people respond. It's rewarding to experience all the new realizations as you get smaller and smaller, like "Hey, I can fit in that small chair now" or "I can't possibly fit in these pants....oh my gosh, they're loose!"

You're getting very close to your goal now! How exciting!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #78
the condiment queen

Where are our like buttons on LCF! Wish I had a dozen!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

LCG, thank you. you've really encouraged me. when i started here in juddd, i felt very alone because i didn't know of anyone who'd had success with this woe who'd initially had to lose as much weight as i needed to. i had one person almost accusatory when i was looking for help, after a 6 week plateau. that discouraged me a lot. i think that sometimes lighter people can't imagine that a super heavy person can plateau without cheating. (in my case, cutting the artificial sweeteners broke my stall.)

i'm thrilled that there are others in the same boat as me. heavier people have different challenges, so it's awfully nice to have more on board whom i can relate to.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #80

There are several people here who either have or had over 100 pounds to lose. We do face unique challenges in some ways, but JUDDD seems to work whether you have 10 pounds or 100 pounds or even more to lose.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
LCG, thank you. you've really encouraged me. when i started here in juddd, i felt very alone because i didn't know of anyone who'd had success with this woe who'd initially had to lose as much weight as i needed to. i had one person almost accusatory when i was looking for help, after a 6 week plateau. that discouraged me a lot. i think that sometimes lighter people can't imagine that a super heavy person can plateau without cheating. (in my case, cutting the artificial sweeteners broke my stall.)

i'm thrilled that there are others in the same boat as me. heavier people have different challenges, so it's awfully nice to have more on board whom i can relate to.
I'm so glad I could help. And I'm sorry you had that experience before. I felt very daunted in the early stages of my losses too, and comparing myself to others was hard. It's hard to post you are excited to get out of 3X when others are excited to get to a Small. But luckily, just about everyone who posts regularly here is so non-judgmental and super-supportive of all off us at all our different sizes. The negative ones, while rare, don't seem to stick around too long.

I agree, it is nice to have a thread like this where we can share our unique experiences. Glad you're back!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

I have been pretty busy lately and have only had time for a quick post here and there to keep up with my weigh-ins and be accountable for my food choices (I'm trying really hard to post every single day in the daily weigh-ins and the daily what are you eating threads. It really keeps me accountable and helps me track what I am doing! Sometimes I have to sneak in a post even when I'm in a clients office.... like I'm doing now but I'm stickin with it!) Anyways, I wanted to make sure I had time to comment on a few things.

jenericstewart- LOVE what you said! I think it totally shows why I think this time JUDDD is going to be the thing that is finally going to work for me. Its so flexible and you can adjust it to make it work for you. There are rules, yes, but not total rigidity like with some other diets. WW was like that in a way too. And I think that's why it worked for me for a while. But, with WW, there was that whole- I'm going to be dieting for a year and that is so long I can't handle the deprivation- mindset thing. So with JUDDD, I can take it one day at a time, I'm not freaking out about deprivation for years to come, and I can adjust what it tells me to do to make it work right for me. I feel like, you can't fail! I think it's so great you found a way to make it work for you. For me, I felt about LC like you felt about DD's. I HATED LC. No matter that I did it for months on end, year after year. Calories don't scare me, even fasting doesn't bother me. But tell me to start watching and counting carbs again and I may want to punch you in the face!

I totally agree too, that no matter the size this is the most non-judgmental and welcoming board I have ever been on!!! But, I am also glad I started this thread so we all have a place to come together too. Everything said here can be said in any other thread, but, sometimes there are times when it's reassuring to see that others have either gone the distance or are facing the same journey. I hope we all stick around for the long haul!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

So. I was debating whether to start a thread about this, but, I think for now I'm just going to post it here for you all. This is a RANT. I am beyond irritated today. I think I watched too much morning talk shows this morning, but all of them were all talking about this new AMA declaration of obseity being a disease.

All the talk was, well should it be classified as a disease, and if it does then that means insurance has to cover treatment, and this is somehting that's brought on by a lifestyle choice so it shouldn't be labeled as a disease, and we can't call it a disease because then EVERY OBSESE PERSON is going to let go of all of their personal responsibility of becoming obsese, etc, etc, blah, blah!!!!!!
I am outraged at this. My father in law smokes cigarettes. He has for 55 years. He has heart disease caused by his lifestyle choice of being a smoker. Yet we call that, heart disease. Yet we have no problem with insurance (medicare to be exact) paying for his ongoing treatments. WHY do people who overeat get a double standard. Yes, part of being this large was a lifestyle choice I made, but I also believe that you don't get to over 300lbs and just call that over eating. Just like Alcoholism is a disease, I believe overeating is no different. Just like heart disease from smoking, liver disease from alcohol, broken bones and trauma from people who choose extreme sports and other risky activities, there are real medical conditions that accompany this. And to say that because it is a lifestyle choice insurance shouldn't cover the complications that come from it, yet every other complication I just named is covered!!!! It just drives me nuts. I take full resposnibility for the choices I have made, but obviously if it was just about choices and nothing else, I would've have stopped myself before ever getting to this point. And even if it was all about a choice. So what. My medical complications should be treated differently than a smoker, or a drinker, or a drug addict, or someone who suffers a medical complication from an elected medical procedure like plastic surgery? Ugh, the WHOLE conversation just annoyed the you know what out of me today.

Getting off my soapbox now. I think the total fasting today has made me cranky.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #84

Well you have every right to be cranky. Sound to me like one of those conversations that go round and round and round, talk show hosts just love those. I avoid all day time TV, always makes me mad.

Jeneric... I am so, so sorry you had that experience. We do try to be supportive and it is mortifying to think that anyone would make you feel bad after a stall.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Andy, I agree with you. Other "diseases" that are caused, or contributed to by lifestyle choices are covered by insurance. It is a double standard. The danger I see is that the government will want to nanny us to death about anything it decides is risky. It's done it with tobacco, somewhat with liquor, fats, starting to with sugar (no big gulps in NY). Soon we won't know how to make any decisions for ourselves, because we will never have had the experience of doing so.

I'm not saying tobacco, liquor, some fats, sugar aren't/can't be harmful. But for a couple of centuries we've been capable of making decisions for ourselves (and our children). Now all of a sudden we're too stupid.

Then again, when I look around at some people, I wonder.....

Okay, now MY rant is over!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
There are several people here who either have or had over 100 pounds to lose.
you're the only one i've seen on-line who's lost 100 pounds or more on juddd.

i like to see success stories because it makes me feel like i can do it, too. in the beginning, i was wondering if it was a good diet for ME because there weren't any success stories from formerly morbidly obese, specifically from people who'd been obese since childhood, like myself. most of "us" never do succeed with diets, in the long run. and those that do, they practically end up having to live in starvation mode to maintain it. this is the reason my goal's to be a size 18, rather than a 10. life's too short.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 06-20-2013 at 06:36 AM..
Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #87

Leo41 doesn't post often these days but she was one of the early Juddd Buddds. She's been maintaining forever.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #88

Here's her story (and my newbie post). I also wondered about anyone who had done JUDDD long term, or had significant losses. Funny to read now!

Who has done JUDDD for longer than a year??
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I agree with everything you said Andy! The way most people treat the obese in this country, including a lot of medical practitioners, is really disheartening. I'm not sure if labeling obesity as a disease will hurt or help that, but if insurance now has to cover weight loss options, that will hopefully be a good thing.

Quote:
Andy, I agree with you. Other "diseases" that are caused, or contributed to by lifestyle choices are covered by insurance. It is a double standard. The danger I see is that the government will want to nanny us to death about anything it decides is risky. It's done it with tobacco, somewhat with liquor, fats, starting to with sugar (no big gulps in NY). Soon we won't know how to make any decisions for ourselves, because we will never have had the experience of doing so.
I agree with you too LCG. The no big gulps in NYC thing was overturned by a court recently, but there will be more litigation on it. The other thing Bloomberg has done is severely restrict what can be sold in vending machines in gvmt offices. The problem with this is that his restrictions are based SOLELY on fat content. So we have a vending machine full of extremely high-sugar, but low-fat options. Nutrition is so complicated and this one-size-fits-all approach isn't going to help, so I do worry about that.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

LCG and deedee-
I COULDN'T agree MORE! That is exactly my point! What Bloomberg is doing is exactly the same as what all these other nay Sayers are saying. It's not a Big Gulp or a bag of chips that lead to my weight. It's again putting it all on the individual and saying their poor choices are what lead to their weight. Well, yes, I have made plenty of bad choices along the way. But there are other factors too- medical conditions, metabolism, hormones, medications, mental diseases, etc. It's just an asinine approach because it looks at ONE factor and ignores all the other ones. Then again, I look what he's done with the legal publishing industry (Bloomberg Law which is such a JOKE) and I seriously question any of his decisions!