Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
May Daily Chat Thread

Another month! Here is the place for daily chat!

I'll start off by sharing that on May 5th DW and I will be married for 5 years!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Well Carly, congratulations! What a milestone! Plans to celebrate???
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michmich
WOE: LC
Start Date: 6/2/2014
Good morning! I'm a newb. Well sort of....I've been a member of LCF for years! But, new to JUDDD. I've been lurking around here for quite awhile and feel like I know most of you.

Yesterday was my first DD. I'm down 2.2# this morning, probably mostly water weight. Now I'm nervous about UD! I don't want to gain it back. I can see where this might get tricky with the head games.

I've done it all - LC, WW, HCG, etc. At 45-yo things have really slowed down with my metabolism, so I'm trying to shake it up a bit and lose about 20#. Hopefully, JUDDD will do the trick. And it really does seem like something I could do long term.

Congratulations, Carly, on five years! That's fantastic. Look forward to getting to know you all better.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
May already! Time is flying!

Congratulations Carly on 5 years! Wishing you many more happy ones!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Missy!

Congratulations Carly. How exciting! I agree, we need to know how you're celebrating.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
I can't believe it's already May... One step closer to summer!!!

Welcome Missy!
Congratulations Carly!
Scarlett46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Congratulations, Carly!!! Thanks for starting us off this month. Mayflowers bring...?

Wait

For

It...

Pilgrims
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Congrats Carly! Cinco de Mayo is a great day for an anniversary.

Excited May is finally here, though the end of the month is when my community center's pool opens and my body is sooo not bathing suit ready!
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Congratulations Carly!!! I hope you two are doing something to celebrate your big day!!!

Missy, we're glad that you've joined up with the JUDDDers and we look forward to getting to know you better, too.

It's going to be an awesome month for us, I just feel it!!!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
May....how can it be already?

Carly, a very happy anniversary to you and DW! And many many more years of happiness!

Missy, ! UDs certainly do have their own unique challenges, that's for sure. But you need to enjoy eating on them, and try not to worry. The scale will go up, but it will go down more often than up, and before you know it, you'll have lost some real weight. Congrats on you 2.2 pounds!

Cindy . You are a card!

Okay May - here we come!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Just wanted to add, this morning on my way to work Pearl Jam's "I'm Going Hungry" came on the radio. It's my DD. Coincidence?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Nice to meet you, Missy!

Happy fifth, Carly and DW!

I feel pretty good about May.

My weight is maintaining on JUDDD and I have a good exercise program going that is whitlin' some inches off. Swimming suit weather? Well, I still have this full month at least before that happens. My attitude is.... let's see how well we can do!

It's always the journey anyway, not the destination. We can look better than we have recently, and that's huge success. Do have to be careful not to compare to "our personal best", because she was YOUNG! It was easy for her to look and feel good!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Happy May JUDDD buds!
Congratulations Carly & DW! I hope your celebration has a Cinco de Mayo theme - not like you need an excuse to drink margaritas and eat chips & salsa but, you know. It would fit.
The (5 year old) puppy is less drunk this morning although clearly still out of it. Residual from the morphine. He's taking his medicine like a pro (the dog will literally eat anything including antibiotic capsules - we're not dealing with a mental giant here ). He was a little insulted when he didn't get to go outside to help with chores. The next 8 weeks of house arrest are going to be tough on the little guy. There was enough dew on the grass that I'm going to have to rig a bag to cover his bandage in the morning so I dont have to keep changing his wrap. The next few weeks should be entertaining, so say the least. I guess its a good thing he is good in the house and won't get into or chew up stuff ever. I'd feel really bad if he had to spend the next 2 months locked in a crate because he couldn't behave himself in the house.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #14

Hugs to your pup, Yennie!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Poor baby! And poor you, Jen, since I'm sure you'll bear the brunt of the work and inconvenience.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Eh, its ok. He's a pretty good dog even if he is a goofball. Thanks for the well wishes, I do love that dog but geeze hes a fruit bat!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #17

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Congratulations, Carly!!! Thanks for starting us off this month. Mayflowers bring...?

Wait

For

It...

Pilgrims
My Daughter tells this joke to EVERONE~
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Starting today - ready to shed some weight and feel energetic. This board seems to be filled with many helpful people and lots of success.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thanks for starting the May thread, Carly and congrats to you and DW!

I'm off for a water workout. I decided a long time ago that the exercise was so good for me that I couldn't worry about what I looked like!

Happy May Day. Here it is also Lei Day with a competition for the best leis. They are spectacular.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Congratulations Carly and DW! 5 years and on Cinco de Mayo…you must do something fun to celebrate!

Yennie - Get well wishes to your puppy! I want a dog. When I moved to CA I left my dog (a rescue Shiba Inu and she was such a good dog!) with my sister and family in Denver because Mr. CA has cats and one of them is/was a schizoid. I hated to disrupt her life that way. She passed at Christmas so now we are left with the one cat that I think will adjust to a dog. The sad part or good part I guess is that my sister’s family has grown to love my dog and I can't take her away at this point. So I am perusing the rescue websites daily but I think we'll wait until after July and things settle down and we won't have any extended vacations for awhile.

Welcome Goner! You’ll love not only JUDDD but this online community is the BEST!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
Yesterday (DD) was so hard for me. And today UD I am not THAT hungry. It's weird. Usually I can (if I want/allow) eat quite a bit on UD. But today, I am just not feeling it. Of course, yesterday I wanted to eat everything in the house, and today not so much. Argh.

Hoping tomorrow's DD is better. So sometimes I have been eating 0% Greek yogurt (1/2-2/3 cup) with a few strawberries for lunch. However I am not really sure if it's a good food for me, not sticking with me??? I dunno, I used to eat full-fat Greek yogurt for lunch with NO problem. But that has a lot more calories, too many for my DD. And when I eat oatmeal (even just quick oats) for dinner I seem to be good until the next morning. I am just wondering if carbs (like maybe oatmeal for lunch) would be better mid-day instead of the yogurt. In theory, it sounds WRONG but maybe???? I am almost scared to try, that I will be starving tomorrow come 3pm!

I wonder if it's not the yogurt and it's just coincidence. I like to try to enjoy my DD a little and eat something low cal but something I enjoy (I enjoy yogurt). Kinda got sick of lettuce + low cal dressing, and not a huge fan of cheese sticks or egg whites. I am not an egg person and kinda egg white-d out.
lc-chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc-chica View Post
Yesterday (DD) was so hard for me. And today UD I am not THAT hungry. It's weird. Usually I can (if I want/allow) eat quite a bit on UD. But today, I am just not feeling it. Of course, yesterday I wanted to eat everything in the house, and today not so much. Argh.

Hoping tomorrow's DD is better. So sometimes I have been eating 0% Greek yogurt (1/2-2/3 cup) with a few strawberries for lunch. However I am not really sure if it's a good food for me, not sticking with me??? I dunno, I used to eat full-fat Greek yogurt for lunch with NO problem. But that has a lot more calories, too many for my DD. And when I eat oatmeal (even just quick oats) for dinner I seem to be good until the next morning. I am just wondering if carbs (like maybe oatmeal for lunch) would be better mid-day instead of the yogurt. In theory, it sounds WRONG but maybe???? I am almost scared to try, that I will be starving tomorrow come 3pm!

I wonder if it's not the yogurt and it's just coincidence. I like to try to enjoy my DD a little and eat something low cal but something I enjoy (I enjoy yogurt). Kinda got sick of lettuce + low cal dressing, and not a huge fan of cheese sticks or egg whites. I am not an egg person and kinda egg white-d out.
We're all so different in what keeps us satisfied. Some have found that oatmeal can keep them going for hours. Some find that just protein or fat works best. For me, it's a combination. I'm starving if I just have protein, fat, or carbs, but if I have a good combination, I'm satisfied for ages. Once I found what worked for me, I rarely changed it on DDs. I still have pretty much the same menu every DD, and it's just so easy, knowing I don't have to think about what to eat, and that I'm going to be content. You'll find your combination.

ETA: Why not try oatmeal for lunch tomorrow, but have a backup lean protein in case you get hungry. Even if you go over by a little bit, it won't be a "fail" because you will have learned something. And if it works, all the better!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 05-01-2013 at 02:10 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
I am putting it out there into the ether that my goal for May is to be 10 lbs down

My girlfriends and I just exchanged a bunch of text messages about getting together for a BBQ to celebrate Memorial Day. I really want to have made progress on my JUDDD journey by then. I know that if I can stick to some good DDs that I will be successful. This will also take courage in exploring what seems to be motivating some of my self-sabotage and binge eating behaviors

Another thread I was reading recommended at book called called Brain Over Binge. I am going to get started on that reading and see what happens

DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc-chica View Post

You can try it, like Dawn says. DDs are often fraught with experimentation for everyone. I like to have a slice or two of turkey with a laughing cow wedge and a pickle for lunch. I don't always have that, but it really satisfies me. Spread cheese on turkey, add dill pickle, roll up and eat. I cut my turkey into a few pieces, and also slice the pickle a few times, then I have more than one piece to eat. That's about 75 cals total, unless you can find one of the lower diet cream cheese wedges (usually store brands are a little lower cal).

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
It is so fun to read these You almost feel like you really are getting to know people! May is my birthday month...I would love to be done with losing weight I feel a little defeated, I would love to be at goal, but things come up, I make excuses, you know the deal BUT I want to maintain, learn to eat 1500 calories everyday except 2 on maintenance, and ya that is all

I have been so impressed by how people stick to their guns...I mean really! It is crazy I can start naming people off, but all of you all (do I sound southern? cuz' I'm a transplant wanna be)? amaze me on many levels. Smart, friendly, soo smart sometimes Geesh did I mention smart? So here is to May coming in like a dumb lion but leaving like a skinny fury lamb
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Another month! Here is the place for daily chat!

I'll start off by sharing that on May 5th DW and I will be married for 5 years!
May 3rd we will celebrate 5 yrs. I must have been half asleep this morning!
I think we are going to eat on City Island Friday after work.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Have fun Carly - you surely deserve it !
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Congrats, Carly...Happy Anniversary. Where did you get married?

Welcome aboard, Missy...you are off to a fantastic start!

Hang in there Yennie...Could have been so much worse (femur...ugh!) Your pup will be as good as new in no time!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Wow! Busy thread today...I guess everyone is marking their spot as am I. Congrats Carly, I know you have something special planned and it will be great.

My good news is that today was an "eye doc" day and I've a new 'script for eyeglasses. Doc says the eye is stabilizing well, the swelling is down and he's taking me off the eyedrops, so all is good. The cataract surgery from hell has made such a change in my life and it's been six months in the healing, so really looking forward to being able to see.

Welcom I'm sure you'll love this woe...just don't let that metal monster phase you...stick to the measurements as a sure sign of change not the number on the scale.

I'm like the plague, I'll BBL....I'm always around

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
I am putting it out there into the ether that my goal for May is to be 10 lbs down

My girlfriends and I just exchanged a bunch of text messages about getting together for a BBQ to celebrate Memorial Day. I really want to have made progress on my JUDDD journey by then. I know that if I can stick to some good DDs that I will be successful. This will also take courage in exploring what seems to be motivating some of my self-sabotage and binge eating behaviors

Another thread I was reading recommended at book called called Brain Over Binge. I am going to get started on that reading and see what happens
Good luck DaSH! It's a good incentive to have it really showing by then, and I'm sure you'll make great progress. Sometimes having a concrete reason to stick to it like glue is the best motivation. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
It is so fun to read these You almost feel like you really are getting to know people! May is my birthday month...I would love to be done with losing weight I feel a little defeated, I would love to be at goal, but things come up, I make excuses, you know the deal BUT I want to maintain, learn to eat 1500 calories everyday except 2 on maintenance, and ya that is all

I have been so impressed by how people stick to their guns...I mean really! It is crazy I can start naming people off, but all of you all (do I sound southern? cuz' I'm a transplant wanna be)? amaze me on many levels. Smart, friendly, soo smart sometimes Geesh did I mention smart? So here is to May coming in like a dumb lion but leaving like a skinny fury lamb
I like that!

You're soooooooo close to your goal! Please don't feel defeated! It's just going to come off slowly, those last couple of pounds. I'm sure you look awesome at your current weight. What day is your birthday, by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Wow! Busy thread today...I guess everyone is marking their spot as am I. Congrats Carly, I know you have something special planned and it will be great.

My good news is that today was an "eye doc" day and I've a new 'script for eyeglasses. Doc says the eye is stabilizing well, the swelling is down and he's taking me off the eyedrops, so all is good. The cataract surgery from hell has made such a change in my life and it's been six months in the healing, so really looking forward to being able to see.

Welcom I'm sure you'll love this woe...just don't let that metal monster phase you...stick to the measurements as a sure sign of change not the number on the scale.

I'm like the plague, I'll BBL....I'm always around
Great news about the eye visit, Mary! I'm so glad you're really, finally in the homestretch of this surgery. And I'm so glad you're always around.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!