Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
back Cindy! I missed you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
Missed you, Cindy! Glad to see you back.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Welcome back Cindy! So glad you had a fantastic trip. So jealous of your travels! But lovely to have you home safe.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome back Kissa/Cindy!! I was wondering when you were coming back.Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip, and hope you're content to stay home with us for a while now.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Blue Bell ice cream to the rescue. I tried to eat all I could after I saw my pcitures from the goat show on Saturday. In some of them I looked too thin. Never thought I would say that. There was a candid shot of me wearing a T-shirt and shorts before the show talking to someone that I consider to be rail thin. We were the same size. I have decided that NO I do not need to lose anymore weight.
I am officially and forever (I Hope) in maintenance. Pictures don't lie.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Welcome home Cindy! I'm glad you had a marvelous time, but I'm selfishly glad you're back with us. You did great keeping the vacation gains to a minimum! What a fantastic WOE that allows that!

Adi, is it a huge relief to know you're finally there? And thank god for Blue Bell ice cream! Gosh, the sacrifices you have to make! Congratulations!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #247

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Adi I think you look perfect, but you are right, at our age losing more is not necessarily wise. I was delighted to see how well your black yearling did. You both looked sleek and elegant.

Thanks for the welcomes 'home'.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Adi I think you look perfect, but you are right, at our age losing more is not necessarily wise. I was delighted to see how well your black yearling did. You both looked sleek and elegant.

Thanks for the welcomes 'home'.
She is a beauty isn't she? I brought her sire down from New York two years ago. And if she is the only show doe I get from him it will be worth it. She is so silly though. She runs into the milk room and goes straight to the open door to the outside. Stops. Sticks her head outside and looks around, then runs around to the ramp that goes to the milkstand and runs up and sticks her head in the stanchion and starts eating. I have no idea why she does this but it has become a routine.

So glad you are back with us. Missed your wise words and encouragement.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on getting to a place where you can stop worrying about losing any more, Adi. Now to decide what flavor of Blue Bell to try next?

Do you have pictures of the black yearling and you at the show?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Congrats on getting to a place where you can stop worrying about losing any more, Adi. Now to decide what flavor of Blue Bell to try next?

Do you have pictures of the black yearling and you at the show?
Yes. I have a website for my goats and it is whiteoakbenddairygoats.com
Click on DOES and we are on the senior LaMancha page. Her name is Chocolate Chip. I even name my goats after food. I have a Creampuff, a Cupcake, a Cherry, Deli Delite, Dinki Danish, on so on. I must have named them on a DD.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #251

How did the chicks turn out Adi? Plenty of girls?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
How did the chicks turn out Adi? Plenty of girls?
I had a lot of girls and I donated some to the raffle at the goat show. The winner of the chicks was thrilled since a raccoon had gotten into their henhouse and killed all of their hens the week before. They are about half grown. They sure grow fast.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #253

Sweet.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #254
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Blue Bell ice cream to the rescue. I tried to eat all I could after I saw my pcitures from the goat show on Saturday. In some of them I looked too thin. Never thought I would say that. There was a candid shot of me wearing a T-shirt and shorts before the show talking to someone that I consider to be rail thin. We were the same size. I have decided that NO I do not need to lose anymore weight.
I am officially and forever (I Hope) in maintenance. Pictures don't lie.
I saw the lovely picture on Facebook of the 2 of you. I'm glad you know for yourself that weightloss is not needed and now you can truly enjoy maintenance. I am toying around with going back into WLM, but not really sure yet. I think it is my "fat head" talking so I'm waiting it out- for now.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I saw the lovely picture on Facebook of the 2 of you. I'm glad you know for yourself that weightloss is not needed and now you can truly enjoy maintenance. I am toying around with going back into WLM, but not really sure yet. I think it is my "fat head" talking so I'm waiting it out- for now.
I was thinking I still needed to lose until I saw pictures. I am fine right now and can get on with maintenance. Strange how the mirror makes me see myself as still needing to lose. Glad someone took some pictures to show me I was wrong.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Yes. I have a website for my goats and it is whiteoakbenddairygoats.com
Click on DOES and we are on the senior LaMancha page. Her name is Chocolate Chip. I even name my goats after food. I have a Creampuff, a Cupcake, a Cherry, Deli Delite, Dinki Danish, on so on. I must have named them on a DD.
They are beautiful, and you do look elegant. Thanks for sharing. Love the names too, and yes it must have been a day of craving.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Everyone is very shook up at work and the clients that knew him are so upset. I'm a therapist, but I'm also the compliance officer, so today I spoke with the state for a while and 2 detectives went to the clinic where he was being treated asking for his records, but they'll have to come back with a subpoena. The news says the officer who shot him is on sick leave...

It is so sad.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Some sort of leave after a fatal event is pretty standard while they sort out what happened. I'm kinda surprised they tried for records without a court order first, it would be very unusual for anyone to give those up without a warrant even though, as I understand it, technically "privilege" does not extend posthumously. It should, but that's a debate for another day. And maybe I'm wrong, it does & they were just hoping for excessive cooperation? Not likely guys!
Anyway, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, and so new at your position too. Added emotional stress you don't need. Lots of hugs to everyone involved.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Some sort of leave after a fatal event is pretty standard while they sort out what happened. I'm kinda surprised they tried for records without a court order first, it would be very unusual for anyone to give those up without a warrant even though, as I understand it, technically "privilege" does not extend posthumously. It should, but that's a debate for another day. And maybe I'm wrong, it does & they were just hoping for excessive cooperation? Not likely guys!
Anyway, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, and so new at your position too. Added emotional stress you don't need. Lots of hugs to everyone involved.
Yeah, well HIPPA is it's own nasty beast (I'm also the HIPPA Security officer and HIPPA privacy officer.) Privacy is iffy after death, but like you said- not likely that we will be playing nice since they just want to cover their rear ends.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

We get people who call occasionally & want info on another client's animal. We always have to tell them "No", of course. They're always so shocked! We ask them, "Does your Doctor's office release your medical records to random 3rd parties without your permission?" I guess they don't think the same applies to the critters, but it does.
When I worked at a high end hospital, we ended up having to lock up our charts instead of keeping them on the patient's stalls. Someone would come in, recognize someone else's animal and help themselves to the chart! They would then gossip about that animal's medical problems to the community, which, naturally, upset the owners. Especially since people were trying to sell these animals for 5 & 6 figures! Despite putting up signs & notices, we ended up having to move charts to our offices and even then people would try to get in. I caught someone trying to open the locked door one day and asked, "What are you doing?" and he tried to claim that Mr Owner-of-a-hospitilized-patient has ASKED him to read the chart for an update! I was like - nice try dude. If Mr. Owner wants an update, I'd be happy to give him a call...privately!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
We get people who call occasionally & want info on another client's animal. We always have to tell them "No", of course. They're always so shocked! We ask them, "Does your Doctor's office release your medical records to random 3rd parties without your permission?" I guess they don't think the same applies to the critters, but it does.
When I worked at a high end hospital, we ended up having to lock up our charts instead of keeping them on the patient's stalls. Someone would come in, recognize someone else's animal and help themselves to the chart! They would then gossip about that animal's medical problems to the community, which, naturally, upset the owners. Especially since people were trying to sell these animals for 5 & 6 figures! Despite putting up signs & notices, we ended up having to move charts to our offices and even then people would try to get in. I caught someone trying to open the locked door one day and asked, "What are you doing?" and he tried to claim that Mr Owner-of-a-hospitilized-patient has ASKED him to read the chart for an update! I was like - nice try dude. If Mr. Owner wants an update, I'd be happy to give him a call...privately!
Well I can't believe that anyone cares about willow's kidney disease or her diabetes DW and I do, but aside from that... I guess if they are the pets of the rich and famous maybe people care. Do those nosy folks pay for the animals insulin after they read through the chart? I have 3 diabetic cats and anyone willing to chip in for Lantus can read their records
Old 05-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Well I can't believe that anyone cares about willow's kidney disease or her diabetes DW and I do, but aside from that... I guess if they are the pets of the rich and famous maybe people care. Do those nosy folks pay for the animals insulin after they read through the chart? I have 3 diabetic cats and anyone willing to chip in for Lantus can read their records
LOL, no it was just the high dollar world of over-priced, over-hyped, over-bred, otherwise-useless animal husbandry. It is hard to convince someone to buy your stock or buy your claim that <insert animal type here> are never sick and never have vet bills, at least, MINE AREN'T, maybe someone else's cheap garbage animal is but MINE are perfect when you've got competitor farm owners reading your animal's charts & then gossiping about it. These particular critters were being targeted to the "urban farmer" - people who moved out of the city & fancied themselves the gentleman farmer but had to real experience with animals. So they took people's claims at face value & there really was a lot of money to be made or lost based on rumor or innuendo.

In this case, it can become a real ethical dilemma about whether or not, as a surgeon, you repair a birth defect. Because you know full well that, when the animal recovers & grows up to be sold, the breeder has no intention of disclosing the surgery and the veterinarian can't disclose it to the new owners. Releasing medical records to the new owner is a big, fat gray area - technically you have to have the owner's permission to release the records even if someone has purchased the animal. Full disclose of past medical history does not always accompany the sale. So then, in 2 years, when the new owner shows up with a baby sporting the exact same birth defect you repaired in Mom before the sale...can't say a word!

In case you were wondering why I don't work there any more... (Only part of the reason, but it is part of it.)

<It also always made me wonder how someone would be wiling to shell 5-6 figures for an animal from someone who would not release medical records. But, again, the target audience for these critters was not your usual animal/farm savvy folk.>
Old 05-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Just wanted to report that I lost nearly a lb after a UD. The higher DDs are working for me, and I seem to be losing like I've been chasing all these months. Who knew?! Of course, I expect it to slow or stop working, but for now I'm so pleased.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 AM   #264

Good news Cindy, ata girl.

I have pedigree cats and yes, there is some underhand stuff around. My now neutered queen has never got all her adult teeth. A breeder we knew recommended we didn't disclose this when selling her (extremely gorgeous) kittens. We did of course. And the males we sold, bar one, we sold on the proviso that they should not be used for breeding as they were not fine examples of the breed.

She only had 2 litters but it showed us enough to know that it is a different world out there once showing and breeding are concerned.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deboratpc
Stats: 238/203.8/140
Start Date: 1/07/2013
Quote:
Just wanted to report that I lost nearly a lb after a UD. The higher DDs are working for me, and I seem to be losing like I've been chasing all these months. Who knew?! Of course, I expect it to slow or stop working, but for now I'm so pleased.
deboratpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
That's wonderful news! I am so happy for those of you who have found higher DD's are what gets them moving...and a little jealous too
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone here tried the "light" frappuccino at Starbucks?

It's been a while since I got anything there, since most drinks are so high in carbs. But just counting calories it looks like the light caramal frap has only 140 calories for a grande. Sounds like a perfect summer treat if it tastes good!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
YAY Cindy! I'm so glad it's working for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
Has anyone here tried the "light" frappuccino at Starbucks?

It's been a while since I got anything there, since most drinks are so high in carbs. But just counting calories it looks like the light caramal frap has only 140 calories for a grande. Sounds like a perfect summer treat if it tastes good!
I've had the light caramel Frappuccino. It was good, but lacked the real creaminess of the normal one. I like the coffee I make at home so much that I rarely get Starbucks anymore though.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've had the light caramel Frappuccino. It was good, but lacked the real creaminess of the normal one. I like the coffee I make at home so much that I rarely get Starbucks anymore though.
I was worried it wouldn't have that creamy kick the regular fraps have. I might still try one as a treat sometime on an UD.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ummm I am a starbucks addict. Yep, I have light mocha frapps in the summer all the time. I love them! Keep in mind, though, that I have never EVER had a regular one...and never will. I like to feel like I'm splurging with the light versions and don't want to know otherwise. LOL!

LG, congrats girl! AWESOME that higher cal DDs are working for you! I need to let my neighbor know this. She tried to start Juddding and quit right away b/c only having 500 cals brought on her migraines.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote