Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinTheDream
Stats: 135/124.6/118 5'4" 28 yo
WOE: Ideal Protein, JUDDD
Start Date: IP started 1/1/13; JUDDD started 5/12/13
Tofucheez/Yennie,

I live in Mt Vernon and drive I-5 over the Skagit River bridge to Burlington everyday (or, at least I did until last night). It's surreal how it's just gone all of a sudden. Thankfully everyone is OK, but it's going to make a huge traffic mess up here for a long time. I can only imagine what those poor people went through that went into the river, but so glad that everyone was rescued.
LivinTheDream is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deboratpc
Stats: 238/203.8/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/07/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post
everclear and apple cider! The for real stuff is to expensive!!! Sometimes we add a shot of vanilla vodka for 'ala mode'!!! Yummmmmm!!! Hubby wants to try blueberry pie with it, he found a recipe!!
I have got to try the vanilla vodka!! Awesome idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Love the tattoo! I'm still trying to decide on my next one!

Gorgeous pictures Tanya! How exciting.
I was laying there thinking what will be next as he was doing this one. Ha ha! I thought I would be in too much pain since it is on my side and I have always heard that it hurts really bad.......ummm I could have sat there all day!
deboratpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I'm sure its not international news & maybe isn't even national news but if it is...
The bridge that went down tonight is the town I work in. Drive it twice a day when I work. Having been about 1/2 a mile from missing the 35W collapse in Minneapolis in 2007 (we were headed south for a marathon training run), I'm feeling a little bridge-cursed at the moment. We were well home tonight by time this bridge went down but it makes me nervous(er?), I already dislike bridges as I hate heights.
Thankfully no fatalities.
Glad you are safe! I have a friend who lives in that area and uses that bridge as well. Very scary!

Quote:

Oh my, my daughters MRI results came back, all good no surgery!! So happy!!
Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboratpc View Post
So..........I got a new tattoo last night

I hope this picture works and you can see it.......if not someone please help me out!

So this one means a lot to me! The dandelions with hearts represents how I feel now after the storm........
Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
Tofucheez/Yennie,

I live in Mt Vernon and drive I-5 over the Skagit River bridge to Burlington everyday (or, at least I did until last night). It's surreal how it's just gone all of a sudden. Thankfully everyone is OK, but it's going to make a huge traffic mess up here for a long time. I can only imagine what those poor people went through that went into the river, but so glad that everyone was rescued.
Glad you are safe too!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial weekend!! We are busy with two dinners with friends and seeing Fleetwood Mac in concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds wonderful, Vicki! You look fantastic in your avi too!

I've been meaning to share something from our Mother's Day celebration. My sister, Kathy, who is 100 lbs dripping wet, finally said to me in the kitchen about half way through the day, "Are you losing weight?" I said, "Yes, about 30 lbs. I told you in November that I was fasting EOD." She said, "I don't remember that," and looked at me with her big blue eyes in her tiny face and said, "All you have to do is watch your sugar and eat healthy!" I said, "Kathy, I needed to do something a little more extreme."

ETA: She is very, very sweet and supportive, in case I sounded bitter.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 05-24-2013 at 05:47 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
Yennie-

We're closer than I thought! I may be starting a new job in Burlington next week.
Hmmm...maybe want to reconsider that until the bridge is rebuilt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
Tofucheez/Yennie,

I know. I was listening to the interview with the guy in the truck who went into the water with his wife & I was thinking he was remarkably calm given what happened. I would be freaking out! I hate bridges, this doesn't help.

I live in Whatcom county so my trek in the morning is south. I wasn't sure where I-5 was closed so I ended up getting off at 232 and taking 99 south. It was fine, no problems at all. I heard horror stories all day long but when I left, I just sucked it up, took Riverside north and got on at 230. Wasn't bad, 15 minutes from College Way to 230.

I strongly suspect it will settle down as people get used to the routine of the new routes. That's what happened in Minneapolis after the 35W bridge went down. Traffic was awful for about 10 days and then it seemed to settle into a pattern.

I'd say about 60% of our appointments cancelled today. That was a bit of a tough pill to swallow considering today was also the day we signed the paperwork finalizing our purchase of the 5-figure new ultrasound machine...gulp! But I'm sure excited for it to arrive!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Thank you!!! She just text me, they had an awards presentation this AM at school. She won scholar athlete. Combinded with lettering in Soccer and Softball and carrying/maintaining a GPA of 3.90 while playing the sports, She won!! I dont know what she got, she was just so excited to text!!! Hehe!! Hopefully that helps cheer her up, she realized she will be a junior this coming school year and alot of her friends are graduating and going to graduate and shes so depressed over it!
My oldest DS is in the same grade as your DD. He is also sad b/c most of his friends are graduating seniors. It's very emotional for them! They have a "final" section band party tonight, in fact. Huge congrats to your DD, amazing amount of diligence & determination to letter in 2 sports while maintaining that kind of GPA. VERY impressive! I can see why she was so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Sounds wonderful, Vicki! You look fantastic in your avi too!

I've been meaning to share something from our Mother's Day celebration. My sister, Kathy, who is 100 lbs dripping wet, finally said to me in the kitchen about half way through the day, "Are you losing weight?" I said, "Yes, about 30 lbs. I told you in November that I was fasting EOD." She said, "I don't remember that," and looked at me with her big blue eyes in her tiny face and said, "All you have to do is watch your sugar and eat healthy!" I said, "Kathy, I needed to do something a little more extreme."

ETA: She is very, very sweet and supportive, in case I sounded bitter.
I always wanted sisters, but sometimes I'm glad I don't have any. I am sure she means well, and of course is supportive, but coming from an itty bitty, I'd be a bit bitter and silently rolling my eyes. You are doing great, LG! It's cool that everyone is noticing and commenting now!!! Yay!!!!!

Quote:
Hmmm...maybe want to reconsider that until the bridge is rebuilt?

I know. I was listening to the interview with the guy in the truck who went into the water with his wife & I was thinking he was remarkably calm given what happened. I would be freaking out! I hate bridges, this doesn't help.

I live in Whatcom county so my trek in the morning is south. I wasn't sure where I-5 was closed so I ended up getting off at 232 and taking 99 south. It was fine, no problems at all. I heard horror stories all day long but when I left, I just sucked it up, took Riverside north and got on at 230. Wasn't bad, 15 minutes from College Way to 230.

I strongly suspect it will settle down as people get used to the routine of the new routes. That's what happened in Minneapolis after the 35W bridge went down. Traffic was awful for about 10 days and then it seemed to settle into a pattern.

I'd say about 60% of our appointments cancelled today. That was a bit of a tough pill to swallow considering today was also the day we signed the paperwork finalizing our purchase of the 5-figure new ultrasound machine...gulp! But I'm sure excited for it to arrive!!!

Eeek, it sure would be rough to have to adapt a whole new route every day. This was out in the country a bit, too, right? Are there other routes that don't take twice as long? Congrats on the new u/s machine, though!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

I started a thread asking about Sara/Mom23Kids and it was removed. Has anyone spoken to her recently?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Eeek, it sure would be rough to have to adapt a whole new route every day. This was out in the country a bit, too, right? Are there other routes that don't take twice as long? Congrats on the new u/s machine, though!
The bridge is on the main north/south interstate but it is in a more rural area of the state. There is an easy, quick route through town, the problem being that it will no longer be easy or quick with the additional traffic. The other options involve some pretty long detours since there aren't *that* many routes over the river.
I do suspect it will settle down soon, people will adapt & we'll all get used to it. I don't work again until Thursday so traffic has a few days to sort itself out.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
I started a thread asking about Sara/Mom23Kids and it was removed. Has anyone spoken to her recently?
No, but I was just thinking of her and Sven. I hope they are OK.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

One of my clients was shot and killed by the police today He went off his medication a month or so ago. The news said when police went to his home he lunged at the officer with a knife, but I feel like the officer could have shot to wound him rather than a fatal shot

I know more will be revealed, but it just stinks. He was such a sweet and kind man. His daughter is only 19yr and I know she will be devastated.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
One of my clients was shot and killed by the police today He went off his medication a month or so ago. The news said when police went to his home he lunged at the officer with a knife, but I feel like the officer could have shot to wound him rather than a fatal shot

I know more will be revealed, but it just stinks. He was such a sweet and kind man. His daughter is only 19yr and I know she will be devastated.
Oh, Carly, I'm so sorry to hear that. Its such an in-the-moment decision for those guys (hubs is in LE, so its a bit of a sensitive subject in this house ) because I always wonder the same thing. I'm sure more information will come out about it. I do believe, however, that officers do need more training on how to deal with individuals with mental health conditions. There was a case here where a gentleman was also killed by LEOs in his family's home - I can't remember all the details but when the family went after the department, the judge threw the book at the PD basically saying the officers were so completely in the wrong he could not believe it. Its a tragic situation for all involved. It makes me think how reactive our society is - it always takes something like this to make people think about their responses & protocols. Why can't we think about this stuff BEFORE someone is harmed?

Anyway, my condolences to you and the family of your client.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh, Carly, I'm so sorry to hear that. Its such an in-the-moment decision for those guys (hubs is in LE, so its a bit of a sensitive subject in this house ) because I always wonder the same thing. I'm sure more information will come out about it. I do believe, however, that officers do need more training on how to deal with individuals with mental health conditions. There was a case here where a gentleman was also killed by LEOs in his family's home - I can't remember all the details but when the family went after the department, the judge threw the book at the PD basically saying the officers were so completely in the wrong he could not believe it. Its a tragic situation for all involved. It makes me think how reactive our society is - it always takes something like this to make people think about their responses & protocols. Why can't we think about this stuff BEFORE someone is harmed?

Anyway, my condolences to you and the family of your client.
Thanks Jen. I think I'm still in shock, but it's been on all the New York new Stations.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #223
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Didn't Sara close her account suddenly a month or so ago? I don't think she provided any details, but sounded like maybe something happened in PMs that upset her. I can't remember for sure.

Quote:

I'm so sorry, Carly. I feel so badly for people who are dependent upon medications to remain in a stable state of mind. I know there are so many unpleasant side effects to those drugs that the patients often don't feel like themselves when on them, and it's tempting to stop taking them. It's tragic what happened to this person.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Oh, that's terrible! So sorry to hear that, Carly.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #225

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Carly, that's really a sad situation. The problem LEOs face is that they don't use deadly force unless their life is threatened. They are trained to shoot to kill. If they have to use deadly force, it's to save their own lives, and they are trained specifically to go for a kill shot. If they have time to aim to wound rather than kill, it's thought that there wasn't real danger to the officer. It sucks, but that's the way it was explained to me, and it does make a certain amount of sense.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
(((Carly)))
(((client's dd)))
What a devastating moment to have to happen.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
(((Carly)))
(((client's dd)))
What a devastating moment to have to happen.
I can't seem to shake this feeling that it just wasn't necessary. I know we will learn more over the coming days, but I just don't know why the officer had to shoot to kill.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: desertgirl
Stats: 137/104/108 goal met 6/29/03
WOE: Starting JUDDD at 107.8 lbs 5/8/13.
Start Date: Original start date 3/03 - Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Carly, that's really a sad situation. The problem LEOs face is that they don't use deadly force unless their life is threatened. They are trained to shoot to kill. If they have to use deadly force, it's to save their own lives, and they are trained specifically to go for a kill shot. If they have time to aim to wound rather than kill, it's thought that there wasn't real danger to the officer. It sucks, but that's the way it was explained to me, and it does make a certain amount of sense.

My husband is a 27 year veteran of our local PD, and this is correct. Shooting to wound, in an intense, dangerous situation, is almost impossible - what we see in the movies - shooting a gun out of someone's hand, or shooting someone in the knee - just isn't realistic

I'm so sorry for your loss, Carly.
desertgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgirl View Post
My husband is a 27 year veteran of our local PD, and this is correct. Shooting to wound, in an intense, dangerous situation, is almost impossible - what we see in the movies - shooting a gun out of someone's hand, or shooting someone in the knee - just isn't realistic

I'm so sorry for your loss, Carly.
Carly, I'm so sorry. What a shock this must be. I feel so sorry for him and his family that his mental state led to this unfortunate ending.

I have had this same question for my husband who is a law enforcement officer, and they are trained to do what is most likely to stop the threat and therefore keep the public safe (and be most likely to allow the officer to go home to his or her family), which is shoot at the center of mass. The stress of the situation and the probability that the suspect is moving both reduce accuracy and makes anything else not as safe an option. It's sad that your client may not have been in the state of mind to be fully aware of his actions and the potential consequences.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
I can't seem to shake this feeling that it just wasn't necessary. I know we will learn more over the coming days, but I just don't know why the officer had to shoot to kill.
So sorry to hear about this. I read something online that sounded like the same story you were talking about. I have relatives in the New Rochelle area. Did the officers know he was "emontionally disturbed" (that's how they put it in the article). It said they tried to use a taser but that didn't work so they shot him. I hate reading things like this but it must be all the more horrible when you know the person.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Many prayers to you and your client's family, Carly. It is just heartbreaking all the way around.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
So sorry to hear about this. I read something online that sounded like the same story you were talking about. I have relatives in the New Rochelle area. Did the officers know he was "emontionally disturbed" (that's how they put it in the article). It said they tried to use a taser but that didn't work so they shot him. I hate reading things like this but it must be all the more horrible when you know the person.
I don't think the officers knew. He has never been in trouble with the law. He is a church going artist who is normally sweet and quiet. The officer shot him in the chest and he was dead by the time he was brought to the hospital. I was also his sister's therapist 4 years ago and she was on the news sobbing I heard that they tried to tase him too. IDK, it's very sad, because he was just such a sweet man.

His best friend is also one of my clients and I'm very worried about her. I will call her first thing tomorrow.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 05-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

You have a very large, caring heart Carly. Your clients are very lucky to have you.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Sending and
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You have a very large, caring heart Carly. Your clients are very lucky to have you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Sending and
Thanks ladies
Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #236

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hello everyone, I am back. What a lot has been going on while I was travelling, and not all of it good. Tough times.

We had the most wonderful vacation, saw some amazing places and the sun shone almost all the time. We are not really cut out for travelling with a group, but all in all it was worth it. Loved our last 2 days in St Petersburg when all the others had gone. We went to the Marinsky Ballet and saw The Nutcracker which was amazing and then had a lovely meal, just the two of us.

130 this morning which is nothing short of a miracle after all the food. But we did do a lot of walking which helped I am sure.

Back to my wonderful JUDDD to lose the extra pounds then 5:2 to maintain.

It's good to be back.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hello everyone, I am back. What a lot has been going on while I was travelling, and not all of it good. Tough times.

We had the most wonderful vacation, saw some amazing places and the sun shone almost all the time. We are not really cut out for travelling with a group, but all in all it was worth it. Loved our last 2 days in St Petersburg when all the others had gone. We went to the Marinsky Ballet and saw The Nutcracker which was amazing and then had a lovely meal, just the two of us.

130 this morning which is nothing short of a miracle after all the food. But we did do a lot of walking which helped I am sure.

Back to my wonderful JUDDD to lose the extra pounds then 5:2 to maintain.

It's good to be back.
home! Sounds like a wonderful vacation.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, happy to hear you are back and had a lovely time! You sure deserved some sun!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Welcome back Cindy! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I'm going to give this week a good run as I'm away for a long weekend in 4 days. We're going to a fancy wedding & I'm sure there will be lots of good food, not to mention the "adult beverages". Yikes!

I had an altercation with Ben & Jerry yesterday and they won. Darn "What a Cluster" ice cream. Sigh.........

Have a good week everyone!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #240

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That darn ice cream!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote