Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I wish I had tried JUDDD before I went into perio-menopause. I have not lost more than 3 lbs a month since I started. 3 lbs is a huge loss in a month's time for me, lol. I have never done 0 DDs, or even consistently 200 cal DDs (or less), but it doesn't seem like Dr. J would have recommended the stats that he did if it really took a LOT more effort than was originally outlined.
He actually says in his book that a complete fast would be best but he doubted if anyone would do that, hence the low calorie calculator. And I did low calorie DD's all the way to offset my UD's which tended to go UUAD too many times. But the low low DD's seemed to compensate and I lost. But I am way past menopause. In fact I went through it and did not even realize it other than being thankful that the monthly thing had seemed to disappear. I was a lucky one.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I know, Adi, but he did give 20% ranges, which is what I do, but it seems I need to go lower than the calculator. I had the idea that he meant for health reasons more than weight loss, that 0 calories would be more beneficial.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:37 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
No really low DDs aren't a must, but they are if you occasionally want to go about your UD number. You seem to write frequently that your UDs get a bit higher than you had hoped. That can really slow down losses. Do you use an online tracking program where you can put in everything you want to eat for the day and see where you may be able to fit a treat or snack or drink. If you don't track online maybe that would help. For DD I sometimes prepare and weigh everything out for the day first thing in the morning. I usually end up eating most of it at bed time, but I know what I have to work with. I think for me alcohol would be tricky. I don't think I'd stop with one and after a few I don't think I would track my calories very closely. Pick one area where you think you can make a change that will bring about the results you want.
I don't drink a lot of alcohol on UDs, except when I'm demotivated and can't lose lol. I don't drink on every UD by far. That is not the reason I sometimes go over...seems more that I eat too many of my UD calories early in the day. And, I always have my entire DD more or less planned...always, what I'm going to eat or not eat before I get home and can make other choices (of what's available in the kitchen). It's only the past two DDs that I went over and I was not working on either of those days, which may have made a difference. Anyway, I won't blame the gods or some mystical reason on why I am not losing like gang busters...it has to be within my control, and I obviously need to try harder. I will get there eventually, or I won't.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 05-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I have trouble with UDs if I start eating early in the day. Weekdays are not too hard because I can just wait until after work to start my UD calories but weekends are crazy since I'm home and have a nice breakfast, which leads to a lovely lunch, etc. LOL Once I start eating I can't stop but if I wait until later in the day the hunger monster stays away!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
I have trouble with UDs if I start eating early in the day. Weekdays are not too hard because I can just wait until after work to start my UD calories but weekends are crazy since I'm home and have a nice breakfast, which leads to a lovely lunch, etc. LOL Once I start eating I can't stop but if I wait until later in the day the hunger monster stays away!
I agree completely. I just don't get hungry till I start eating. I also feel better fasted than with a full stomach. More energetic, more focused.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
We are all different and we have to find the "magic" calorie number that works for each of us. Carly and I do well on low DD calories. Others seem to do well on higher.

I do better eating breakfast most days. Eating breakfast doesn't set me off for the day. When I go wild it can be tied directly to a wheat/sugar treat. Plain sugar no but the combo yes. Why? I am allergic to wheat and know it but sometimes I cannot resist. Afterall I am human and we tend to make poor choices at times.

I have skipped breakfast and fasted but did not see more or better results. I have probably tried every scenario out that to find my "magic" spot. That said, I am finding HB eggs to be the magic DD food this week. breakfast with coffee with HWC followed by a HB egg and then two or three more HB eggs throughout the day. I do take ptero each morning but this weeks' DD's have been so easy with just eggs. Plus since I had places to be taking HB eggs in a little cooler was so easy. Throw in a few pickle spears for variety and I am good.
JUDDD is so good for many but it DOES take some time to figure out what works best for each individual. For me it is low DD's. 5:2 and 4:3 did NOT work for me but EOD does very well.
I am in maintenance but still trying to los a few more pounds as a safety net hence the continued low DD's. My UD's are now what Dr. J describes as eating normally (I think so anyway)
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Really bummed about finding someone who can help me get my air conditioner repaired at a reasonable price. The compressor is bad, but it is under warranty. I have to pay a processing fee of $50.00 plus the labor cost of whomever does the work. The person I was going to hire told me his hourly fee, so I asked him how long it would take. He told me about 4 hours. Soooo, I got the cash out of the bank to pay him when he comes tomorrow, but had some questions to ask. Just got off the phone with him after he said, THAT was not what you'll owe me. I have to pay for materials too. Turns out his cost would be twice what he quoted me to begin with, plus he didn't want to use the dealer I found that charged $25.00 less for the processing fee and kept making up reasons why he couldn't use them and indicated that he had never had anyone complain about the processing fee, and wondered why I would be trying to get it for less. I am pretty convinced that the place he wanted to use gives him some kind of cut-back (incentive). Anyway, he said he was going to "pass" on working for me. So, I am stuck in the heat for an unforeseen amount of time now.

Question: Wouldn't you assume that the hourly fee that a person quoted you would include everything?! Why would he act like I'm an idiot if I thought he was going to do it for what he said he would?!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 05-23-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:

Question: Wouldn't you assume that the hourly fee that a person quoted you would include everything?! Why would he act like I'm an idiot if I thought he was going to do it for what he said he would?!
I wouldn't, necessarily, but I would expect them to follow this up with, "And my estimate for the materials will be..." That's what mechanics do - quotes for parts & labor.

Reminds me of people that will come into our clinic. They tell us that they call other places to get a quote for, say, a spay. They're quoted one price but then are being charged up to $2-300 more when they pick up their pet. When they question it, they're told Oh, well that was the price for just the surgery. There is a charge for anesthesia, hospitalization, pain medication, the e-collar...blah blah blah. That makes me so bloody mad because, come on, like you're going to spay a dog without anesthesia!!! Just make one price and be honest about it!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #189
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Having worked for a construction company/contractor, I say get a written estimate. Always. It should be itemized and include all foreseeable costs to you. Otherwise, your completely at their mercy, especially when they get halfway done and something else comes up.

Also, I highly recommend you make sure whoever you use is licensed and insured. Get written proof. Just protects you. There are a lot of shady characters out there (how well I know, I worked for one of them for a short time) and you want to be able to go to the registrar of contractors if you need to for recourse.

That said, I'm so sorry you're having these difficulties. Those HVAC guys have you over a barrel in the hot weather for sure. I hope you can get this resolved real soon!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Bridge collapse

I'm sure its not international news & maybe isn't even national news but if it is...
The bridge that went down tonight is the town I work in. Drive it twice a day when I work. Having been about 1/2 a mile from missing the 35W collapse in Minneapolis in 2007 (we were headed south for a marathon training run), I'm feeling a little bridge-cursed at the moment. We were well home tonight by time this bridge went down but it makes me nervous(er?), I already dislike bridges as I hate heights.
Thankfully no fatalities.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yikes yennie!!! How scary!!!! I am glad you are safe. We're there injuries?

LG, I am so sorry you are still going through a/c issues. No fun at all.

Eta: bridge is on today show right now...
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Yennie-

We're closer than I thought! I may be starting a new job in Burlington next week.
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I wouldn't, necessarily, but I would expect them to follow this up with, "And my estimate for the materials will be..." That's what mechanics do - quotes for parts & labor.

Reminds me of people that will come into our clinic. They tell us that they call other places to get a quote for, say, a spay. They're quoted one price but then are being charged up to $2-300 more when they pick up their pet. When they question it, they're told Oh, well that was the price for just the surgery. There is a charge for anesthesia, hospitalization, pain medication, the e-collar...blah blah blah. That makes me so bloody mad because, come on, like you're going to spay a dog without anesthesia!!! Just make one price and be honest about it!
But why would he need materials when all the parts are covered under warranty? I guess I don't know much about how things work.

Just read about the bridge, Yennie. Thank god you weren't anywhere near it!!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Having worked for a construction company/contractor, I say get a written estimate. Always. It should be itemized and include all foreseeable costs to you. Otherwise, your completely at their mercy, especially when they get halfway done and something else comes up.

Also, I highly recommend you make sure whoever you use is licensed and insured. Get written proof. Just protects you. There are a lot of shady characters out there (how well I know, I worked for one of them for a short time) and you want to be able to go to the registrar of contractors if you need to for recourse.

That said, I'm so sorry you're having these difficulties. Those HVAC guys have you over a barrel in the hot weather for sure. I hope you can get this resolved real soon!

It sounds like you are getting hooked up with one of the "shady" ones. I would get 3 written estimates. If they aren't willing to do that, something isn't right.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Yennie, thank goodness you are safe!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I am glad your ok Yennie!!! I seen that on the news this am. Scary stuff, One of my biggest fears!! <---live near Pittsburgh, city of bridges!!

Oh my, my daughters MRI results came back, all good no surgery!! So happy!! Just an over stretched ACL and knee cartlige. I didnt tell you all, last game before softball playoffs, she was catching, went in to make out on home plate and was plowed over.....got the girl out and the picture made the paper......but it cost her a knee injury. Shes tough and to see her flopping on the ground crying and holding her knee, we knew it was bad!! They wear metal spikes at this age level and she took the spike to the knee!! Ugghh felt so bad for her! She missed the last two play off games before they were eliminated. The doc said he will get ahold of the trainer at the school to show her exercises to do and she can slowly start running again 15 mins first week, 20 next type thing and by august should be good to go for soccer! They sent me a picture of the out, I should try to post it....it was awesome!!

Here is a bunch of pictures, You cant see the tumble the two of them took after fact but the plate was about 2 steps behind them and they rolled til the plate was about 2 steps in front of them....it was exciting to watch, even though she got hurt...So proud of her, been playing softball since age 4 and been catching since she was 9.....she is 16 and 1/2 now!

In other news, we are going away for the weekend and I have decided.....no JUDDD no nothing. I am going to eat, drink, and enjoy a little time out of life! My bro in law has a camp that has a outdoor fireplace with tv..........so gonna drink apple pie shine and watch NASCAR on sunday while eating marshmellows!!!! Looking forward to unwinding and forgetting everything for a while!! I will still run though.....I do enjoy it so! I already packed my ipod and workout clothes!! Now......to find a bear repellant......eeekkk!!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 05-24-2013 at 06:49 AM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds like fun, Tanya!! Have a wonderful weekend, and make sure you pack that bear repellant!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
WOW Yennie! Too close for comfort! Thank goodness you were home.

Tanya...have a great weekend and great news that your daughter's injury is not severe.

As for me, I'll be playing golf all weekend. The weather has taken a nasty turn, it'll be cold and windy tomorrow & Sunday. Oh well.......at least I'll be out doing something fun and not chained to this desk!

THANK YOU Veterans for your service to our country!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen, wow! Just saw that on CNN!
Cindy definitely get written estimates.
Tanya, have a blast! Sometimes we just need to enjoy life!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deboratpc
Stats: 238/203.8/140
Start Date: 1/07/2013
So..........I got a new tattoo last night

I hope this picture works and you can see it.......if not someone please help me out!

So this one means a lot to me! The dandelions with hearts represents how I feel now after the storm........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130523_143012.jpg (64.9 KB, 14 views)
deboratpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboratpc View Post

I hope this picture works and you can see it.......if not someone please help me out!

So this one means a lot to me! The dandelions with hearts represents how I feel now after the storm........
That is beautiful!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
That is beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post
beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!

Yay!! My picture showed up! LOL
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Georgous tat, Deb!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #205

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:

The picture turned out great, and I love the message. Really nice!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
Apple pie shine...

I assume that's similar to the drinks my family calls "cherry pie" & "apple pie" both made with Everclear...? Might just hafta make a batch of that soon!
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Georgous tat, Deb!!!
Thank you........any luck on finding someone to work on your air conditioner? I think that guy not wanting to do the work for you worked out for the best. It just sucks to not have it fixed because I know how our SC heat is!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
Apple pie shine...

I assume that's similar to the drinks my family calls "cherry pie" & "apple pie" both made with Everclear...? Might just hafta make a batch of that soon!
everclear and apple cider! The for real stuff is to expensive!!! Sometimes we add a shot of vanilla vodka for 'ala mode'!!! Yummmmmm!!! Hubby wants to try blueberry pie with it, he found a recipe!!

Last edited by krow134; 05-24-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #209

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Love the tattoo! I'm still trying to decide on my next one!

Gorgeous pictures Tanya! How exciting.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Love the tattoo! I'm still trying to decide on my next one!

Gorgeous pictures Tanya! How exciting.
Thank you!!! She just text me, they had an awards presentation this AM at school. She won scholar athlete. Combinded with lettering in Soccer and Softball and carrying/maintaining a GPA of 3.90 while playing the sports, She won!! I dont know what she got, she was just so excited to text!!! Hehe!! Hopefully that helps cheer her up, she realized she will be a junior this coming school year and alot of her friends are graduating and going to graduate and shes so depressed over it!