Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Some of you know that my Mother has been in the hospital for several days. She is 82 years young & a real fighter! She's had double breast cancer, colon cancer & skin cancer. Also, she deals with COPD & asthma. Her doctor put her on oxygen since she had really low O2 levels when she was admitted to the hospital & will probably go home with oxygen. She really doesn't want to tho. Also, she has peripheral neuropathy & has great difficulty walking without falling. Yesterday, they discovered she has fluid around her heart. Due to chemo, she has not had an appetite for much except for sweets since then. But, she is also diabetic. So, if you could, please say a prayer for her. She has become so frail & Daddy being 83 has a hard time dealing with all of this. My sister does so much of Mother & Daddy's care since she lives so close to them & I have my son to care for which makes it difficult for me to drive 4 hours to be with them. To add to the mix, my sister's husband is on dialysis & is hoping to have a transplant very soon.

So, right now, stress is high for my family. The only thing that's working well for me right now is my eating. I have my moments; but, being on 5:2 is working really well for me in maintenance!

Sorry for writing such a long post!
'Thinking of you and your mom.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

I just had a bad day yesterday and made a decision to have extra calories in the form of wine and beer. Ironically, the day before I had the calories but couldn't drink more than a few sips of wine. Anyway, I don't usually do that...never, in fact, and feel no danger in it becoming a habit. Today I was up early (3ish) and left the house to get my head together...stopped for coffee and donuts were on the menu...then on the way home decided I really needed something savory and not just sweets so got a biscuit too. Anyway, bygones. Done and dusted and moving on. I will do a DD tomorrow, and let the guilt go...no room for that. Thanks friends!!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 05-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Drive by posting, but for those struggling today.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Quick note from me too. My heart goes out to those in crisis, be it serious health matters or rough days JUDDDing. I really care, and you all have my and .

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Xoxo thinking of you and your family, Shari!!!!

Dawn, how are things with your dad and family?
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Nice to see you pop in Phyl. How have you been? What are you doing for maintenance now? Come see us more often!

I just wanted to say to anyone who might have been concerned, I did not drink and drive. It had been quite a long time before I got up (even though it was very, very early) that I had my last drink. I didn't drink to excess either, but was concerned about the calories, of course (afterward, lol). I went out for a drive/breakfast about 5:30 am this morning. The day ended up pretty well and I didn't eat again until this evening, when I cooked a steak and baked potatoes. I'm ready for a good DD tomorrow too!

Have a good night everyone.

Dawn, I hope all is going ok with you and family, if you pop in again.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I had a very stressful day yesterday and ended up going over my DD calories by about a 1000. I was up nearly 4 lbs over my low at 4 am this morning. Been up every since then and have now eaten a sausage biscuit and two donuts, and coffee with cream and sugar before 9 am. I feel like a dieting failure and doomed to eternal fatness right now.
Cindy, first of all ! I'm so sorry you're having this level of stress. It can definitely send all prospects of keeping to a diet out the window. You are not alone, and you are NOT a failure. How can you say that when you are lighter than you were just a few months ago? You've got people telling you you're looking thinner. You've got cute guys eyeing you. You just had a bad day or two. I agree with Carly, the only times I've ever been successful sticking to any weight loss for any length of time, I've wanted it SOOOOOOOO bad I can taste it. When diet fatigue sets in, we can't "taste it" as much, and we can give in to those eating urges. You're okay. You're doing great. You're dealing with some tough stress right now and when that eases off, you'll hop right back on and be on the way down on the scale again. Hang in there hon!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Some of you know that my Mother has been in the hospital for several days. She is 82 years young & a real fighter! She's had double breast cancer, colon cancer & skin cancer. Also, she deals with COPD & asthma. Her doctor put her on oxygen since she had really low O2 levels when she was admitted to the hospital & will probably go home with oxygen. She really doesn't want to tho. Also, she has peripheral neuropathy & has great difficulty walking without falling. Yesterday, they discovered she has fluid around her heart. Due to chemo, she has not had an appetite for much except for sweets since then. But, she is also diabetic. So, if you could, please say a prayer for her. She has become so frail & Daddy being 83 has a hard time dealing with all of this. My sister does so much of Mother & Daddy's care since she lives so close to them & I have my son to care for which makes it difficult for me to drive 4 hours to be with them. To add to the mix, my sister's husband is on dialysis & is hoping to have a transplant very soon.

So, right now, stress is high for my family. The only thing that's working well for me right now is my eating. I have my moments; but, being on 5:2 is working really well for me in maintenance!

Sorry for writing such a long post!
Shari, your family has so much to handle right now. I'm so sorry your mom has so many health struggles, and I'm sending for you all right now. I know you wish you could do more, but you have responsibilities of your own, and I'm sure your family understands all that. How great that you're able to stick to your eating during this stressful time. Let us know how your mom is doing, will you?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

LG, I didn't think that to begin with! I hope today's DD is a great one sweets! I'm with LCG, you're doing fabulous!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Flutter! I am still looking for that perfect WOE, but really I guess this is the closest one. I think I'd lose better doing a plan that didn't "allow" UDs eod, but sustaining a WOE that didn't "allow" UDs eod would be difficult too. Ahhh, the conundrum.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You mean just like a 1200ish cal daily diet? I really don't do well on MDs, but have often thought I could see how people just eat whatever they want for MD cals and then bump up for maintenance. I have such an all or nothing attitude, Juddd seems to work great for my mental attitude so far. It is so important to find something that you can live with!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/130.4/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Sending good thoughts to those who need them!
I did not have a great Sunday but I made mostly good choices. The scale is going down so I think I will have a loss by Thursday's weigh in. I usually don't weight myself on the weekends but I just was curious to see what the damage was after those crazy days!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Cindy !!! I am doing good. I have been maintaining with sort of a mix. Some weeks I end up doing 5:2 just because it ends up that way. If I see that my weight is inching up any beyond my "range" I get right back to EOD. I have been trying to stay relaxed about it though, and I found out very early on that I have to count all the time! For me, it's non-negotiable!!! I also do 4:3 some too. Life is just always a mix too, right?

A bigger struggle for me STILL, is feeling like I need to lose more. I know I posted at least 2 times in the past about going back into WLM, but have always ended up talking myself into being happy maintaining. I am VERY happy that I have this wonderful "know-how"...but at my age, I lived when sizing was so different. My size 6's are yesterdays 10 or 12's !!!!!....so I always "think" I need to lose more to be a true size 6, ya know? (I read that Marilyn Monroe's measurements would be a size 2 or 4 today, but that she wore a size 12!) Confused-much???? Yes.I.Am.

I don't spend every waking moment thinking about this, of course! There are way too many other more important things in life....for sure. Just sharing a little "mind-game-battle-torment" thingy!!!

I have also lived long enough to know what matters in life, and I sometimes have to step back, start counting my blessings, and get a new perspective!!!

Oh, my goodness....no wonder I don't post very often! I can't find a stopping place!

I love that you are open and share like you do, Cindy.

Phyl
Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for sharing too, Phyll. I know what you (must) mean about never being completely satisfied and wondering if you stopped too soon. At least in theory I can imagine it, lol. I think it will plague me as well, if I ever get there. I doubt many of us will ever be completely happy no matter where we decide to stay (weight-wise), so losing more might lead to losing more, etc. I think you look lovely and healthy in your avi, and I'm sure you're the right size. If 6's are yesterday's 12's, that means that my 16's are yesterdays's 22's. Let's keep the illusion alive, shall we?

Keep posting, I enjoy your perspective as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
Hugs to everyone!!

I havent check this thread in a while and I missed so much! I am sorry for everyone going through so much.

In better news, its getting warmer and I have been cleaning up the yard and its looking nice, except for I found a HUGE whole in the pool liner.....ugggh....hopefully I can find a patch kit and it will be good!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

This is the perfect opportunity to say how much I love your new avi Tanya! Your daughter is just as adorable as you! Want you to know ,too, that I was a silent supporter when you were going through rough stuff. I just am not always able to post. Everyone here has my full support no matter what.

I'm sure all of you are sharing my feelings today about the people suffering in Oklahoma. Felt like crying all day. Talk about a new perspective!!!! I felt guilty being able to go about my day with ease. for everyone there and here. Love you all.

Phyl
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
This is the perfect opportunity to say how much I love your new avi Tanya! Your daughter is just as adorable as you! Want you to know ,too, that I was a silent supporter when you were going through rough stuff. I just am not always able to post. Everyone here has my full support no matter what.

I'm sure all of you are sharing my feelings today about the people suffering in Oklahoma. Felt like crying all day. Talk about a new perspective!!!! I felt guilty being able to go about my day with ease. for everyone there and here. Love you all.

Phyl
Yes, the news footage was devastating. We had our big annual gala tonight and I of course go as free labor and representation of The Heads of Service, but it just shows how some people have so much excess. Some people made donations tonight which is more than I earn in 3 months. So much excess and then so many who now have nothing. We are watching the news now... It is heart breaking.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
Quote:

Phyl
Thank you Phyl!!! Your such a sweetheart!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Very frustrated this morning Yesterday was a DD for me and I did 4 massages (I'm a massage therapist) and this morning I had GAINED 1.4 lbs! How in the world am I gaining weight on 5:2 (I actually did 4:3 last week). I'm following all the rules, tracking my calories (even on my UDs) and exercising every day (brisk 40 min walks). HELP!
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
Very frustrated this morning Yesterday was a DD for me and I did 4 massages (I'm a massage therapist) and this morning I had GAINED 1.4 lbs! How in the world am I gaining weight on 5:2 (I actually did 4:3 last week). I'm following all the rules, tracking my calories (even on my UDs) and exercising every day (brisk 40 min walks). HELP!
I responded on the daily weigh in to this too. I am in maintenance and tried 5:2 and 4:3 and gained on both of them. When my weight got over 140 I gave up and went back to regular JUDDD and EOD. I am back to my maintenance weight and doing well. Guess it does not work for everyone as a weight loss method. Shoot it didn't even work for me as a maintenance method. BUT it works for some just not me.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Hi Nicole,
Adi already chimed in & since she has experience with 5:2, I would defer to her personal wisdom. I was going to say that 1) I know there were people who could not lose/maintain on 5:2 and 2) even with 5:2, there is likely to be bounces & swings that a once-weekly weigh in might miss. Even with weighing after a DD, that is no guarantee to catch the low point of the charts. Daily weights can be mentally taxing but you're also taking the risk of missing something.
Hugs!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Hi Nicole,
Adi already chimed in & since she has experience with 5:2, I would defer to her personal wisdom. I was going to say that 1) I know there were people who could not lose/maintain on 5:2 and 2) even with 5:2, there is likely to be bounces & swings that a once-weekly weigh in might miss. Even with weighing after a DD, that is no guarantee to catch the low point of the charts. Daily weights can be mentally taxing but you're also taking the risk of missing something.
Hugs!
Thanks! I guess it's either weight every day and deal with the emotional ups and downs or only weight once a month and hopefully see a lower number then the previous month LOL
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks! I guess it's either weight every day and deal with the emotional ups and downs or only weight once a month and hopefully see a lower number then the previous month LOL
I have been weighing daily since starting back in November. sometimes it's great, sometimes not so impressive. It's the same if you pick one day a week to weigh, heck, even once a month might not look fabulous. (right now mine would say "only" a 2# loss for the month, and that has certainly happened before!) HOWEVER, I have lost almost 50# in that time so I can tell you that if you truly commit to sticking to the plan, the evil scale will go down. Now, I'm speaking of Juddd here...I have no earthly idea how I'd do on 5:2. I seem to need super low DDs to lose, so I suspect it might not work for me for weight loss. My point was, do whatever you can handle better emotionally when it comes to the evil scale. It lies! Stick to the plan and it will eventually have to be nice to you! You can do it!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yes, the news footage was devastating. We had our big annual gala tonight and I of course go as free labor and representation of The Heads of Service, but it just shows how some people have so much excess. Some people made donations tonight which is more than I earn in 3 months. So much excess and then so many who now have nothing. We are watching the news now... It is heart breaking.
I agree on Oklahoma. I can hardly bear to watch the coverage, it's heartbreaking.

Carly, it's really difficult to see (the bolded part) this, isn't it? I so know what you mean. {sigh} I just hope the folks that are blessed with so much choose to give some to charities that do so much good. How I'd LOVE to be able to do that. I am glad you're able to see some folks that can and DO donate generously!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Thank you Cindy !!! I am doing good. I have been maintaining with sort of a mix. Some weeks I end up doing 5:2 just because it ends up that way. If I see that my weight is inching up any beyond my "range" I get right back to EOD. I have been trying to stay relaxed about it though, and I found out very early on that I have to count all the time! For me, it's non-negotiable!!! I also do 4:3 some too. Life is just always a mix too, right?

A bigger struggle for me STILL, is feeling like I need to lose more. I know I posted at least 2 times in the past about going back into WLM, but have always ended up talking myself into being happy maintaining. I am VERY happy that I have this wonderful "know-how"...but at my age, I lived when sizing was so different. My size 6's are yesterdays 10 or 12's !!!!!....so I always "think" I need to lose more to be a true size 6, ya know? (I read that Marilyn Monroe's measurements would be a size 2 or 4 today, but that she wore a size 12!) Confused-much???? Yes.I.Am.

I don't spend every waking moment thinking about this, of course! There are way too many other more important things in life....for sure. Just sharing a little "mind-game-battle-torment" thingy!!!

I have also lived long enough to know what matters in life, and I sometimes have to step back, start counting my blessings, and get a new perspective!!!

Oh, my goodness....no wonder I don't post very often! I can't find a stopping place!

I love that you are open and share like you do, Cindy.

Phyl
I know what you mean on those sizes Phyl. I bought a dress pattern for my mom to make me some dresses for church and I got a size 8 because I wear a 6 or 8 in my jeans I buy in the store. She said patterns are truer in size than the clothes we buy in the store. So, when we measure what I could wear it was a 10! So, my size 6 jeans I'm wearing are probably more like a real 10 or 12. I feel the same way though. I guess I need not worry about what the tag says and just try to find a comfortable weight where I'm happy with how I look in whatever size I end up in.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
Sorry to everyone who is struggling. So much craziness going on. *hugs*

I just got back from vacation. Had previously lost 8.4 lb in 3 weeks on Judd. I was a little nervous, but after 7 days off I only gained 1.4 lb. I weigh only weekly so we will see where I go from here. Today is a DD. I was excited about getting back on it, and am enjoying it. I wasn't really hungry yesterday actually, and I didn't intentionally overeat on my vacation, but treated myself plenty.

We did a lot of walking and a little hiking, so that probably helped. I want to keep losing now! Was feeling a little depressed about my body, but now that I am back on track I think I can feel a little more optimistic. One day at a time. I will get where I wanna be eventually.

I definitely needed a DD, I dunno but I guess Judd is just for me. Yay! It feels right. I like giving my body a break. Onward...
lc-chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm still trying to get the riding lawn mower that was my Dad's before he passed away in 2010. It's been sitting in storage since then and before, rusting. No one in my family needs it but me, but my brother is determined to charge me top dollar for it. I asked about the model and year, so that I could determine it's value and he got all snarky with me and said it sounded like I should just buy myself a new mower. As if somehow he has the authority to determine what I should pay and/or have of my dad's things.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I agree on Oklahoma. I can hardly bear to watch the coverage, it's heartbreaking.

Carly, it's really difficult to see (the bolded part) this, isn't it? I so know what you mean. {sigh} I just hope the folks that are blessed with so much choose to give some to charities that do so much good. How I'd LOVE to be able to do that. I am glad you're able to see some folks that can and DO donate generously!
Our agency does a lot of good for a lot of people with Mental Illness so it was nice to see that those who have plenty are giving to us who can put it to use for a lot of people in the community.

Quote:
I know that there has been a lot of media hype about losing with 5:2, but my weight loss stopped instantly when I switched to 5:2. I lost 3 pound in the month I did 4:3, but with JUDDD as written I lost up to 11 pounds some months, but never really less than 6 or so in a slow month. If you really want to lose faster try eod rotations.

Quote:
I'm still trying to get the riding lawn mower that was my Dad's before he passed away in 2010. It's been sitting in storage since then and before, rusting. No one in my family needs it but me, but my brother is determined to charge me top dollar for it. I asked about the model and year, so that I could determine it's value and he got all snarky with me and said it sounded like I should just buy myself a new mower. As if somehow he has the authority to determine what I should pay and/or have of my dad's things.
Sometimes family really knows how to push our buttons. I try to let that kind of stuff go, because if I let it upset me then they win. Living well is the best revenge!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 05-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

I know that there has been a lot of media hype about losing with 5:2, but my weight loss stopped instantly when I switched to 5:2. I lost 3 pound in the month I did 4:3, but with JUDDD as written I lost up to 11 pounds some months, but never really less than 6 or so in a slow month. If you really want to lose faster try eod rotations.
I wish I had tried JUDDD before I went into perio-menopause. I have not lost more than 3 lbs a month since I started. 3 lbs is a huge loss in a month's time for me, lol. I have never done 0 DDs, or even consistently 200 cal DDs (or less), but it doesn't seem like Dr. J would have recommended the stats that he did if it really took a LOT more effort than was originally outlined.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I wish I had tried JUDDD before I went into perio-menopause. I have not lost more than 3 lbs a month since I started. 3 lbs is a huge loss in a month's time for me, lol. I have never done 0 DDs, or even consistently 200 cal DDs (or less), but it doesn't seem like Dr. J would have recommended the stats that he did if it really took a LOT more effort than was originally outlined.
No really low DDs aren't a must, but they are if you occasionally want to go about your UD number. You seem to write frequently that your UDs get a bit higher than you had hoped. That can really slow down losses. Do you use an online tracking program where you can put in everything you want to eat for the day and see where you may be able to fit a treat or snack or drink. If you don't track online maybe that would help. For DD I sometimes prepare and weigh everything out for the day first thing in the morning. I usually end up eating most of it at bed time, but I know what I have to work with. I think for me alcohol would be tricky. I don't think I'd stop with one and after a few I don't think I would track my calories very closely. Pick one area where you think you can make a change that will bring about the results you want.