Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
LG/Cindy hang in there, you can do this! Maybe do 4:3 or 5:2 for a week or 2.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing too. I don't care really if I'm just maintaining for a while, but just taking a break. I want to stay in touch with the board or I'm afraid I'll go all the way back where I started and I dont want that. So if I'm at least maintaining and not gaining then I think that's ok for a little while. Hang in there Cindy you can do it!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Hang in there LibraryGirl!! Peri-menopause complicates everything and weight loss in particular. I had a gynecological checkup last week and my doctor was SOOOOO impressed that I managed to lose anything during this time of stress for my body. We're bucking a biological trend - it's hard to fool Mother Nature and according to my doc most women put on 10 pounds or more during this change. Stick with it!! It may be slow but it is happening.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Cindy...I don't post much these days but, want to tell you I so agree with what everyone has said to encourage you, and I want to add that I would miss your posts terribly! I love your "personality" and everything you have to say!! Your presence here adds so much. You are delightful!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
You all are so sweet.I feel so unworthy of posting about my struggles, when so many of you have been through much, much more trying times than I have and continued on your weight loss journey. I have stuck with my DD today and have not made any definite plans yet...I do know I will either do 4:3 or 5:2 this week and until I feel ready to jump back in fully. I love you all like the dear people you are, and you are the reason I've come this far. I know you will be with me to the end, and that more than anything keeps me going.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow, what a lot I missed.

Cindy, I will whoop your a** if you talk about quitting. Take a break, you need it. But remember we are here and we need you! Big hugs lady.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Kissa! Smart words from a smart, beautiful lady.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Cindy/LG - I can't add anything to what the wonderful JBs have already said, except "Don't go!". Do what you've got to do to keep it together, but keep posting with us. You've done so well, I would hate to see you give it up and maybe gain. The menopause thing is probably messing with you, and that's why you've struggled. We're here whenever you need us.

Beverly - I think a maintenance break sounds just right. I've been contemplating one myself. I just feel like my body may need a break, and my mind too. I haven't decided yet, but if it feels right, I'll jump in too.

Lori - have a great trip!

Cindy/Kissa - welcome home, if only for a few days!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
Cindy/LG - I agree ... we want you to stay! Also, for your sake ... don't give back any hard-won ground. Hormonal-type things can be so difficult, but if you take a break from actively trying to lose for a bit and go to higher DD calories it might refresh you. Six months is a long time!

I have been keeping a maintenance break at the back of my mind too. It will probably happen at some point, sooner rather than later if my thee day rotation experiment isn't successful.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
You all are so sweet.I feel so unworthy of posting about my struggles, when so many of you have been through much, much more trying times than I have and continued on your weight loss journey.
Cindy,
I can't remember where I heard this but someone once said that your feelings/emotions are what they are. No one can make your feelings less valid - you feel what you feel & that's legitimate.
If you're overwhelmed and are struggling with feelings, they are legitimate. Just like people can tolerate different levels of physical pain, people can tolerate different levels of psychic/emotional pain. Don't compare yourself to other people - your feelings are legit because they are your feelings!
Do what you need to go to get yourself through. I hope you'll stick around but think, think, think about all the progress you've made! Don't throw away all that hard work!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
arkie1 my condolence for the loss of your mom. It's a blessing that you were able to be there for her.

LG, sounds like you're going through a rough patch with the hormones and stuff. I hope you can find a healthy path, and if that means another diet for a while, JUDDD will be here for you as an alternative. I totally agree with the maintenance breaks - mentally and physically - I know my body has demanded it, seems to be a common thing.

Carly congrats on your anniversary
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #101

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Frantically busy as we have decided to take a train to York tomorrow to visit my sister who I haven't seen for ages. It was her birthday while we were away and we don't need more gifts except the gift of each other's company.

We also have to empty all our store cupboards in the cellar prior to going to the Baltic, as the day after we return they are being stripped out and will be replaced a week later. Nightmare!

However I am on a high as I am down to 124.6 already! JUDDD is magic.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, enjoy your visit with your sister. You are right, the gift of each other's company is the best gift of all. Congrats on your effortless maintenance!! I want to be you one day.

JB's, I'm not quitting. I did my down day yesterday and went down quite a bit. Now I'm afraid to mess it up by taking a break lol. I have already taken a 5:2 break once, and also had a few times that I had multiple UDs. Could that be why I'm not losing very quickly? I am going to have Mother's Day with my mom and family and will be eating that day, so I'm sticking to 4:3, I think. At least for this week. I'm also going to be measuring and counting my UDs carefully, except for the odd day once in a while. Getting stricter will probably work, it's just harder.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Cindy, enjoy your visit with your sister. You are right, the gift of each other's company is the best gift of all. Congrats on your effortless maintenance!! I want to be you one day.

JB's, I'm not quitting. I did my down day yesterday and went down quite a bit. Now I'm afraid to mess it up by taking a break lol. I have already taken a 5:2 break once, and also had a few times that I had multiple UDs. Could that be why I'm not losing very quickly? I am going to have Mother's Day with my mom and family and will be eating that day, so I'm sticking to 4:3, I think. At least for this week. I'm also going to be measuring and counting my UDs carefully, except for the odd day once in a while. Getting stricter will probably work, it's just harder.
You can do it! Getting a bit stricter may help you reap the benefits you are looking for!!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Frantically busy as we have decided to take a train to York tomorrow to visit my sister who I haven't seen for ages. It was her birthday while we were away and we don't need more gifts except the gift of each other's company.

We also have to empty all our store cupboards in the cellar prior to going to the Baltic, as the day after we return they are being stripped out and will be replaced a week later. Nightmare!

However I am on a high as I am down to 124.6 already! JUDDD is magic.
Wow! That's awesome Cindy! You got those few off quick. WTG!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
I've been really tired and hungry all day and it's been taking a lot of will power to stay within my planned MD calories. I was looking for an easy dinner for under 600 calories (what I had left for the day), and for ideas I looked at a Wed MD article "10 Best Fast Food Meals" which told me that a Jack in the Box chicken teriyaki bowl is 585 calories. So I decided to have that. When I went to put it in my online calorie tracker, it came up as 692 calories! So I checked the Jack in the Box website, and 692 is the accurate calorie count. I just went over my the max calories in my range by 90 calories. It is taking a lot of will power to just not say forget it and make this an up day, but that is not what I really want to do, so posting here for accountability! (I let WebMD know about the error)

Last edited by calichris; 05-07-2013 at 06:48 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Ug, Christina, that's awful! Lame-o!!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #107

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I've been really tired and hungry all day and it's been taking a lot of will power to stay within my planned MD calories. I was looking for an easy dinner for under 600 calories (what I had left for the day), and for ideas I looked at a Wed MD article "10 Best Fast Food Meals" which told me that a Jack in the Box chicken teriyaki bowl is 585 calories. So I decided to have that. When I went to put it in my online calorie tracker, it came up as 692 calories! So I checked the Jack in the Box website, and 692 is the accurate calorie count. I just went over my the max calories in my range by 90 calories. It is taking a lot of will power to just not say forget it and make this an up day, but that is not what I really want to do, so posting here for accountability! (I let WebMD know about the error)
My go-to UD fast food is Carl's Jr. Any of their turkey burgers are 500 calories or below. Might help next time . . .
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Hate that happened, Chris!! Glad you stuck to your MD. 90 extra cals does not a UD make!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
90 calories, Chris? Forget about it!!!! I totally understand why you're so upset, though. I would be peeved bigtime! Not your fault, though, so move right along!

LG, I get where you're at. I've been there a bunch of times before. It usually smacks me in the butt at 8 months. The really great thing about Juddd is that you don't have to gain everything back when you feel that way. (like I have at least 3 times before!) A maintenance break is a great way to do it, or an extra UD in the week, why not? I think my short vacations helped me this way. I just did 1 DD for the Disney vaca, and my girls' trip, I just ate as healthy as I could and enjoyed myself. The point is, do whatever eases your tired brain right now and enjoy how far you've come!!!! Look at those stats of yours, they are awesome! Be proud of yourself & just let the rest come around when they will. You'll be ready to charge ahead again shortly. Whatever you do, do NOT stay away from the board and do NOT get down on yourself and say F it! I will back Cindy up in busting your butt gf!!!! XOXO You got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Sorry to be short girls, I missed a bunch and now that I'm back, I have lots of "after vaca" house & kid/errand crap to catch up on. Love to all!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Flutter!! I'm still chugging along. I couldn't do this without the support of all of you!!! Priceless!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200(190)/140.4(181)/140 64yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
I hate it when my page disappears while I'm typing it!! Argh!!

Hey y'all! I know I've been missing for a couple of weeks. It's been nuts around here. First there was a family reunion, then, my uncle passed away & the next week another uncle passed away! I don't like this time of my life......when the elders begin to pass. I know it is a part of life.

I'm still JUDDDing away! Still maintaining between my 2 goal weights!! Still doing 5:2! DH is still doing ADF & the scales have finally began to move again for him. When he's happy so am I! LOL!!

Carly, congratulations on your & DW's anniversary! Glad you had a nice dinner to celebrate!!

LG, I'm with everyone else.........don't quit, take a break! I took one a few months into JUDDD & it was a good move on my part. Some of you encouraged me to do that.

Yenni, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. We get so attached to our fur babies, don't we? I hope he is feeling better.

Welcome to all the newbies!! You've found a wonderful place for weight loss! The support here is the best I've ever found. I hope you all stick around!

I have lots of posts to catch up on!! Have a great weekend!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post

Yenni, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. We get so attached to our fur babies, don't we? I hope he is feeling better.
Thank you, he is. Enough to be difficult to keep confined...tried to go swimming in the stream last night, splint & all. Bad doggie!

I'm sorry to hear about your uncles. Losing family members is never easy, regardless. Hats off to you, and our other JBs who've been able to maintain during personal difficulties. You ladies are all in my thoughts and, in my book, inspirations!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Hey y'all! I know I've been missing for a couple of weeks. It's been nuts around here. First there was a family reunion, then, my uncle passed away & the next week another uncle passed away! I don't like this time of my life......when the elders begin to pass. I know it is a part of life.

I'm still JUDDDing away! Still maintaining between my 2 goal weights!! Still doing 5:2! DH is still doing ADF & the scales have finally began to move again for him. When he's happy so am I! LOL!!

Carly, congratulations on your & DW's anniversary! Glad you had a nice dinner to celebrate!!

LG, I'm with everyone else.........don't quit, take a break! I took one a few months into JUDDD & it was a good move on my part. Some of you encouraged me to do that.

Welcome to all the newbies!! You've found a wonderful place for weight loss! The support here is the best I've ever found. I hope you all stick around!

I have lots of posts to catch up on!! Have a great weekend!!
Glad you're back Shari!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Yennie & JMBM! I always feel at home here!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I was wondering about you Shari! I'm so sorry about your losses.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Thank you LCG!! I miss all of you when I am away.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/190.5/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
WOW! 5 days of eating all manner of crap and I'm up 7 lbs!! So glad to be back home after sitting in software workshops all week. Now back to the business of losing weight. Sort of depressing to know it'll take me 2 weeks or more to get back to where I was before I left. Sigh.....
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #119

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Lori, you may be surprised that a couple of good DDs could wipe out the "damage." I've seen it again and again, and hope it'll work for you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

WB, Sheri. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the encouraging words too.