Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmich View Post
At 45-yo things have really slowed down with my metabolism, so I'm trying to shake it up a bit and lose about 20#. Hopefully, JUDDD will do the trick. And it really does seem like something I could do long term.
My DH refers to JUDDD as a way of living, rather than a way of eating. (He was recently describing it to some colleagues who were discussing their diets and their need to find another one to transition to or in general.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Mayflowers bring...?

:
:

Pilgrims
And quite frankly, they were such a joyless bunch, we were happy to lose them. Kicking up such a fuss because they didn't want other people to celebrate Christmas and other holidays. And they called themselves the persecuted ones, I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Eh, its ok. He's a pretty good dog even if he is a goofball. Thanks for the well wishes, I do love that dog but geeze hes a fruit bat!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post
Get well wishes to your puppy! I want a dog. When I moved to CA I left my dog (a rescue Shiba Inu and she was such a good dog!) with my sister and family in Denver
If you haven't read the 'dog' posts and cartoons on the blog, Hyperbole and a Half, I strongly recommend them. Guaranteed to make dog lovers laugh or cry, or both at the same time - particularly the ones about her rescue dog.

Quote:
This dog is uncoordinated in a way that would suggest her canine lineage is tainted with traces of a species with a different number of legs - like maybe a starfish or some sort of primitive snake.

The next clue came when I started trying to train her. I am no stranger to training dogs - much of my childhood was spent working with various canines because I lacked the social skills to interact successfully with people. With so many years of experience behind me, I was sure that training this new dog would be a very simple task.

I was wrong. Not only is training my dog outlandishly difficult, it is also heartbreaking. She wants so badly to please me. Every fiber of her being quivers with the desire to do a good job...

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
My good news is that today was an "eye doc" day and I've a new 'script for eyeglasses. Doc says the eye is stabilizing well, the swelling is down and he's taking me off the eyedrops, so all is good. The cataract surgery from hell has made such a change in my life
Such a relief to you.

Cindy: "May 3rd we will celebrate 5 yrs. " Happy anniversary

Last edited by SlowSure; 05-02-2013 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: html incompetence
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
Congrats, Carly...Happy Anniversary. Where did you get married?
We got married on the Canada side of Niagra Falls. We were 30 floors above the falls with beautiful views. 10 of us went up for a 4 day weekend wedding celebration.

Quote:

My good news is that today was an "eye doc" day and I've a new 'script for eyeglasses. Doc says the eye is stabilizing well, the swelling is down and he's taking me off the eyedrops, so all is good. The cataract surgery from hell has made such a change in my life and it's been six months in the healing, so really looking forward to being able to see.
So glad your eyes are finally healing. This seems like it's been going on for quite some time
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Carly -Congrats on 5 years - where you got married sounds lovely!

I started JUDDD (switched from lc) on Saturday.
Finding the DD's a lot easier than I thought (with a slip on Monday - Ooops!)

Going to an event put on by a local radio on Saturday 'Mockfest' held at Castlesands in the centre of Manchester with lots of cover & tribute bands, I have a photo of my & my BF that was taken there last year, I'm hoping any this year will show me looking slimmer! Fingers crossed anyway!

Have fun everyone x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/130.4/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
May 3rd we will celebrate 5 yrs. I must have been half asleep this morning!
I think we are going to eat on City Island Friday after work.
City Island is quite a trip for us but my hubby wants to go eat there. He is crazy about seafood (and I think he's crazy LOL). Since I don't care for it at all he is threatening to take my whole family without me Both our families are originally from the Bronx and I have an aunt who lives there so. Have fun if you go!

I can't believe it is May already either. I have been working in the garden so no time for the gym but hopefully we can get there soon. I have a sore arm so I've been lazy this week. My weigh in is tonight so hopefully I have lost something even with that whole candy bar I ate, and half a can of coconut roasted almonds, and the bbq this weekend...and...and...you get the picture
Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Tired, tired this morning. Thankfully, it's a UD and I can eat. Could make me sleepier, though. Hope everyone is doing well. It's Friday eve.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
City Island is quite a trip for us but my hubby wants to go eat there. He is crazy about seafood (and I think he's crazy LOL). Since I don't care for it at all he is threatening to take my whole family without me Both our families are originally from the Bronx and I have an aunt who lives there so. Have fun if you go!

I can't believe it is May already either. I have been working in the garden so no time for the gym but hopefully we can get there soon. I have a sore arm so I've been lazy this week. My weigh in is tonight so hopefully I have lost something even with that whole candy bar I ate, and half a can of coconut roasted almonds, and the bbq this weekend...and...and...you get the picture
From work City Island is less than a 10 minute drive so we will go when we get out of work on Friday. We love seafood, but one of my best friends lives on City Island and she is a vegatarian. We eat out with her a lot and there are quite a bit of restaraunts that serve much more than seafood. She has taken us to a few really great places that serve all types of food.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
If you haven't read the 'dog' posts and cartoons on the blog, Hyperbole and a Half, I strongly recommend them. Guaranteed to make dog lovers laugh or cry, or both at the same time - particularly the ones about her rescue dog.
I have and they're hilarious! I adore that blog, in general, and I'm sad she's not doing it anymore. Or, at least, wasn't last I checked.
There is another blog, called crappypictures that is kinda along the same lines. Its almost entirely a parenting blog so if you don't have kids or are never around kids than it might not be as funny but her posts are a bit like Ally's dog posts, except with her 2 boys.

Happy Thursday All!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
From work City Island is less than a 10 minute drive so we will go when we get out of work on Friday. We love seafood, but one of my best friends lives on City Island and she is a vegatarian. We eat out with her a lot and there are quite a bit of restaraunts that serve much more than seafood. She has taken us to a few really great places that serve all types of food.
Good to know! I'm thinking we will make a trip one of these days but I don't want to starve LOL
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Carly Happy Anniversary! Sounds like the 2 of you are planning a super nice day!!

Come the first of June DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary too!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Congratulations Carly. I hope you and DW have a wonderful celebration.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That sounds lovely. Sometimes I envy those of you in big cities for all the opportunities you have. Other times I'm grateful that I don't have that many. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary and celebration!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We're all so different in what keeps us satisfied. Some have found that oatmeal can keep them going for hours. Some find that just protein or fat works best. For me, it's a combination. I'm starving if I just have protein, fat, or carbs, but if I have a good combination, I'm satisfied for ages. Once I found what worked for me, I rarely changed it on DDs. I still have pretty much the same menu every DD, and it's just so easy, knowing I don't have to think about what to eat, and that I'm going to be content. You'll find your combination.

ETA: Why not try oatmeal for lunch tomorrow, but have a backup lean protein in case you get hungry. Even if you go over by a little bit, it won't be a "fail" because you will have learned something. And if it works, all the better!
Today was SO much better. For lunch, I had my usual yogurt and strawberries, but added in a small sandwich - 1 slice of low cal (40) bread w/ 1 ounce turkey and a little dijoinaise. That did the trick, I was good until 5:30ish, and then I had some coffee and didn't eat dinner until 7:30.

SOoo it could've been the addition of carbs OR the addition of calories (needing more calories at lunch time) OR just a coincidence. Haha... either way I feel better now, and probably just need to eat more carbs and calories at lunch, and I am going to try different foods like this.
lc-chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have found oat bran cooked as a hot cereal to be very filling for me. I do better with some carbs on DD or I am dragging so slow at the end of the day I take forever to get my outside chores finished.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
Quote:
Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a great time!!
motivatedMomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 205/185/...
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Late Aug 2012
Hi all, I'm dipping my toes back into JUDDD. I lost 20lbs in the autumn, put up 6 over Christmas and just couldn't get back into the swing of WL. I maintained the 14lb loss but am resolute that I'll JUDDD merrily for May--June. This is mostly vanity-related I need new clothes and I want to buy size 10 rather than 12! If this motivation works, I'll be happy happy

So hello again and congrats to everyone who had stayed the course! As ever, you're an inspiring bunch of losers
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLou View Post
Hi all, I'm dipping my toes back into JUDDD. I lost 20lbs in the autumn, put up 6 over Christmas and just couldn't get back into the swing of WL. I maintained the 14lb loss but am resolute that I'll JUDDD merrily for May--June. This is mostly vanity-related I need new clothes and I want to buy size 10 rather than 12! If this motivation works, I'll be happy happy

So hello again and congrats to everyone who had stayed the course! As ever, you're an inspiring bunch of losers
Welcome back!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!!! I had a very weird week. I didn't get to the gym at all, had 2 UD, 4 MD, and 1 DD and thankfully still lost .8 lbs at my weigh in last night. I think the one DD did it LOLOL It was just one of those weeks that I was so tired I fell back on a MD because it just seemed too much effort to count a tiny bit of calories or a large amount. I guess I burned some calories working in my garden so that's always good. Here's hoping for a good weekend!
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I too eat oat-bran, 2 T in hot water, micro a bit add about 1/4 C milk, one splenda and if I have enough calories to spare I add some fruit - often have this for dinner! 2 T makes a lot of cereal too!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/155/136, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Carly, Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful day of celebrations!
I just came back from India day before yesterday with a whopping 11 lbs increase in weight! Loved all that pampering and VIP treatments but have to pay for them now, starting today! Going to Seattle and Vancouver next week for a week is not going to help either! Hopefully, that'll be the end of major indulgence this year!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome back, JD!!!

Thank goodness it's a DD because I couldn't put much into my stomach today. My jeans are so tight I may have to go home at lunch and change. This is the first time I've worn them in nearly 10 years and wow, they don't fit comfortably. What was I thinking?!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Whoosh Fairy, Whoosh Fairy
Give Me a Push
One little Whoosh
Is all that I wish
Give me a Push
Oh Give me a Whoosh Today
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Hello JBs,

Yesterday, I sat down and read Brain Over Binge on my Kindle. This book was recommended by a couple of folks in the LCF forum. They said it is a life-changer and like them, I could not put it down (read the whole book in one sitting). It is early to say, but this book could very well change my life. I am simply amazed at the power of the author's approach. It's so simple and makes so much sense.

I feel real hope about my ability to overcome binge eating for the first time in the 27 years since my reptile brain started sending those junk urges into my higher brain. I unhesitatingly recommend this book to everyone!

DaSH

DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh Mary! I love that! I'm going to start singing that whenever I feel she's deserted me again.

DaSH, I've been curious about that book having seen it mentioned lots of times. I may see if I can get it from my library. Thanks for the recommendation.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
Hello JBs,

Yesterday, I sat down and read Brain Over Binge on my Kindle. This book was recommended by a couple of folks in the LCF forum. They said it is a life-changer and like them, I could not put it down (read the whole book in one sitting). It is early to say, but this book could very well change my life. I am simply amazed at the power of the author's approach. It's so simple and makes so much sense.

I feel real hope about my ability to overcome binge eating for the first time in the 27 years since my reptile brain started sending those junk urges into my higher brain. I unhesitatingly recommend this book to everyone!

DaSH
I've just downloaded this too x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Give Me a Push
...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh Mary! I love that! I'm going to start singing that whenever I feel she's deserted me again. .
I started out trying to sing that to Matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof What tune are you both using?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Mary, is that to the tune of "Beach baby"? That's what i played it to..
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I started out trying to sing that to Matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof What tune are you both using?
Matchmaker for sure! Great minds, eh SlowSure?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I've just downloaded this too x
Genie, let me know what you think. Rats! Someone in my office just informed me that I can actually "lend" books on my Kindle to other readers for a period of 14 days - no charge! Wish I had known this before you paid for it :-( Either way, eager to hear your thoughts on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
DaSH, I've been curious about that book having seen it mentioned lots of times. I may see if I can get it from my library. Thanks for the recommendation.
LoCarbGal, the book is definitely worth a read. If you either have a Kindle or can download one of the free Kindle reading applications (for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android devices), I can lend it to you for free for 14 days. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by DaSHMith; 05-03-2013 at 01:12 PM..
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
Happy anniversary Carly and DW! I hope you have a wonderful day and delicious meal out.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Give Me a Push
One little Whoosh
Is all that I wish
Give me a Push
Oh Give me a Whoosh Today

Last edited by Librarygirl; 05-03-2013 at 01:31 PM..