Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystyblue View Post
Didn't realize this thread was here. I started JUDDD May 18. I am really encouraged by the support shown. I am coming from doing hHCG. I was successful the first few times I did it, but after my dads death, I just couldn't diet. My lowest weight was 194. I gained back to 224 and did another round of hhcg. I just can't do it! I found this site and decided to try the juddd. I am currently finishing my second DD. I must say after hcg this is liberating. I am only weighing on the mornings of my UD. I did manage to get some raspberry ketones and resveratrol. I am really hoping this works for me.
Welcome! JUDDD is totally liberating!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Mystyblue! Can't wait to get to know you and hear how you get along with JUDDD.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystyblue View Post
Didn't realize this thread was here. I started JUDDD May 18. I am really encouraged by the support shown. I am coming from doing hHCG. I was successful the first few times I did it, but after my dads death, I just couldn't diet. My lowest weight was 194. I gained back to 224 and did another round of hhcg. I just can't do it! I found this site and decided to try the juddd. I am currently finishing my second DD. I must say after hcg this is liberating. I am only weighing on the mornings of my UD. I did manage to get some raspberry ketones and resveratrol. I am really hoping this works for me.
Welcome to you!!! I hope you love Juddd!!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Welcome Mystyblue! I'm sorry for your dad's death. A parent dying is a big deal in anyone's life - it's good at that time to comfort yourself and do what you need to do. I'm glad you feel liberated with JUDDD.

I began JUDDD on May 1. So far so good!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Today is a DD. Not feeling especially hungry, but the day is young. My second day of taking 50 mg of ptero.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Flossyliz;16414937
Re bathroom, I'd always been regular until I started JUDDDing.
Shiritaki noodles helped solve it. I'm now using Glucomannan powder and live yogurt – as in glucpud. It's cheaper than the noodles, though they were a godsend in the early days. You need to drink lots of water after you've had gluc/shiritaki.

[/QUOTE]

Questions? I ordered the miracle noodles - Shiritaki and plan to have them tonight for the first time. I appreciated the advice from a few JUDDDers that they could help with being "regular." I noticed on the label for the Shiritaki that it says 0 fiber - pretty much 0 everything. Question is - should I eat a few at first and see how I feel? The whole bag? If they have no fiber - why would I need lots of water with them?

I ordered online and then saw my grocery store had a few near the tofu. Some said soy - not sure what the other said. Are all Shiritaki noodles created equal - or rather used equally in recipes? Was happy to fine Walden Farms dressing at the grocery also - on sale!! Hope I like both these items.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Some types of Shirataki noodle are made with tofu (soy) and therefore have some carbs and calories.

Other types of Shirataki noodles have nothing else in them but glucomannan (Konjac). Now, depending on how they're manufactured, there might not be more than 2% by weight of Konjac in the noodles so they will register as having negligible fibre (and, unless tofu, seaweed or something else is present, there pretty much will be only a fraction of a calorie or so in a serving).

However, if part of your problem is the sheer lack of food volume with this WOE then eating something as bulky as the noodles might be of considerable assistance to you.

Make sure to rinse the noodles well before using them. eat some in some broth to see how you like the texture? That might help you decide if you'd like to stir fry or otherwise use them.

Last edited by SlowSure; 05-22-2013 at 02:02 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

It is the bulk of the noodles that helps and that they are basically indigestible fiber. I don't know why they say no fiber.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
It is the bulk of the noodles that helps and that they are basically indigestible fiber. I don't know why they say no fiber.
Because the plain noodles are effectively 2% Konjac powder and 98% water by weight so there is a negligible amount in the average serving.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your replies - I got hungry and ate the whole bag for dinner. I couldn't wait for your reply. I liked them and had heard they had a slight smell when opened. Well that is putting it mildly - they smelled like dead fish to me. LOL I'm glad I got past the smell and liked them because I ordered online and got the six pack of the 5 oz Miracle Brand! I made a thai coconut noodle recipe I found here and added some shredded cabbage and mushrooms. Very filling. Very satisfied for 138 calories. Thanks.

Last edited by Goner; 05-22-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Thanks for your replies - I got hungry and ate the whole bag for dinner. I couldn't wait for your reply. I liked them and had heard they had a slight smell when opened. Well that is putting it mildly - they smelled like dead fish to me. LOL I'm glad I got past the smell and liked them because I ordered online and got the six pack of the 5 oz Miracle Brand! I made a thai coconut noodle recipe I found here and added some shredded cabbage and mushrooms. Very filling. Very satisfied for 138 calories. Thanks.
They are nice to have around when needed. Just rinse, rinse, rinse... the smell is yucky!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Mine say they are 13% fiber for a 7 oz package. Anyway, I liked them during WLM and ordered some more to have in case I overdid lunch on an UD, I can have them for dinner and not go WAY over on calories. I like to rinse, rinse, rinse and cook in a dry skillet until they make noises.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Lol, kill them Adi! I have been reluctant to buy any, hearing about the smell. I am not particularly squeamish, so I guess I should just give it a shot.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome mysty, and so sorry for your loss. I think you will love JUDDD, and the people here are incredible!!! Any questions you have, just ask!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: texas_child
Stats: 122/120.2/115 5'5
WOE: Mostly Vegan/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/22/13
I had my first DD today and I'm all about the science with these things (nerd) and I'm bummed because I wanted to re-watch that BBC documentary about fasting, but it looks like it has been taken down since last time I saw it about a year ago

I'm not sure if this is a no-no on the forum, but does anyone have a recommendation of a doc. I can watch online?
texas_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You can watch it at dailymotion. I don't think I can link it due to ads running there, but if you put in Eat, Fast and Live Longer you should be able to watch the whole thing.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Today is an UD, but I'm getting into not thinking of it as a day I can eat WHATEVER I want. Let me rephrase - I am still eating whatever I want but what I'm wanting is more nutritious than it was at the beginning. I'm actually getting excited with counting calories, and thinking - mmmm what CAN I eat today? I like numbers, so counting calories has become more fun than I thought it would be. I think when it comes to numbers and counting things I may have a touch of OCD.

The scale is now back to my pre-vacation weight - so I'm even more of a believer as I had read numerous times, just go back to EOD and in two rotations or so, you will lose the pounds from vacation. It is true for me! Thank you to everyone who ever posted here. There is such a warm fuzzy feeling around these boards.

Last edited by Goner; 05-23-2013 at 06:08 AM..
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #198
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: texas_child
Stats: 122/120.2/115 5'5
WOE: Mostly Vegan/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Today is an UD, but I'm getting into not thinking of it as a day I can eat WHATEVER I want. Let me rephrase - I am still eating whatever I want but what I'm wanting is more nutritious than it was at the beginning. I'm actually getting excited with counting calories, and thinking - mmmm what CAN I eat today? I like numbers, so counting calories has become more fun than I thought it would be. I think when it comes to numbers and counting things I may have a touch of OCD.

The scale is now back to my pre-vacation weight - so I'm even more of a believer as I had read numerous times, just go back to EOD and in two rotations or so, you will lose the pounds from vacation. It is true for me! Thank you to everyone who ever posted here. There is such a warm fuzzy feeling around these boards.
I'm glad you are feeling like you naturally want to make more nutritious choices! Thats great!
I'm feeling the same way after a successful DD...I made my 2 yo pancakes and though "ugh...I just dont want this. I want oatmeal and OJ!" Yay for good choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
You can watch it at dailymotion. I don't think I can link it due to ads running there, but if you put in Eat, Fast and Live Longer you should be able to watch the whole thing.
Thank you! Can't wait to watch it again...yesterday was my little ones last day at daycare so its just me and her this summer! I'll probably watch it today during her nap
texas_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stash'sWife
WOE: Long-time VLC now trying JUDD
Start Date: April 2013
I am officially JUDDING. Actually, I have been as of May 17. It started with a "down day" just to see how bad it would be, and it was not too bad (I have fasted before).

Then, the next day, I went over on my carb allowance for CNS, so I decided to retroactively switch officially to JUDD and, therefore, still be officially adhering to my WOE!

So far, so good. I discovered the potato DD and have to say I am in love with the idea, as I have always loved potatoes and corn. In fact, my love for corn was the reason I have not been able to do Low Carb forever.

That, my friends, is why I am doing JUDD - I am looking for a "forever" way to eat. The longest I have managed to stay LC was 2.5 years, ending when I was PG with my daughter, wary of ketosis during PG, and decided "a little haagen daas dulche de leche couldn't hurt".

Have tried LC and VLC since and, despite STRICT ADHERENCE for over three months at a time, am seeing very little progress with regard to weight loss. It is so frustrating; everyone around me "tries paleo" and drops sixty pounds in eight weeks. Meanwhile, I've been "deprived" for months at a time and yet no one wants to hear a thing about what I have to say about nutrition due to how I look .

I am done with deprivation, therefore I will JUDD.

At least if I continue to see "no results" I will see them while eating garlic bread, mexican food, and vanilla icecream topped with cherry pie filling.

Down days are no problem. Up days wouldn't be a problem, either, if I actually had a clue about calorie contents. I have been rabidly against calorie counting all my life (not believing in simple CICO, therefore throwing the baby out with the bathwater). Thus, I had no idea that my breakfast nacho plate was 600 calories, leaving me not quite as much "wiggle room" for my late night snack as I would have liked.

Still, what are a few higher-than-ideal UDs in the beginning of this WOE, in the long run? At least I know my "calorie swing" is going high enought.

The biggest thing for me has been a syndrome: "now that nothing is off limits, what do I *want* to eat?" Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for binge-o-rama, I am trying to determine what my body wants/likes/needs. It has been a long time since i have had anything but my VLC staples. I may simply revert to those, as I read many people do better on this WOE if they go Low Carb. For now, it is all about learning and adjusting.

Blah blah blah. I sure can ramble on...
Proverbs 15:17
Stash'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash'sWife View Post
At least if I continue to see "no results" I will see them while eating garlic bread, mexican food, and vanilla icecream topped with cherry pie filling.

Down days are no problem. Up days wouldn't be a problem, either, if I actually had a clue about calorie contents. ..

Still, what are a few higher-than-ideal UDs in the beginning of this WOE, in the long run? At least I know my "calorie swing" is going high enought.
and I like your attitude (and am very partial to cherries).

You'll figure it out. To start with, it is sometimes unbelievable that something small, and not at all satiating, can have a number of calories. I always remember a friend who'd given up biscuits (cookies) and had started eating cream crackers and jam (jelly) instead. She couldn't believe it when she learned that her substitution had just over double the calories of the biscuits she'd given up.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicBeth
Stats: 240/213.6/150
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash'sWife View Post
I am officially JUDDING. Actually, I have been as of May 17. It started with a "down day" just to see how bad it would be, and it was not too bad (I have fasted before).

Then, the next day, I went over on my carb allowance for CNS, so I decided to retroactively switch officially to JUDD and, therefore, still be officially adhering to my WOE!

So far, so good. I discovered the potato DD and have to say I am in love with the idea, as I have always loved potatoes and corn. In fact, my love for corn was the reason I have not been able to do Low Carb forever.

That, my friends, is why I am doing JUDD - I am looking for a "forever" way to eat. The longest I have managed to stay LC was 2.5 years, ending when I was PG with my daughter, wary of ketosis during PG, and decided "a little haagen daas dulche de leche couldn't hurt".

Have tried LC and VLC since and, despite STRICT ADHERENCE for over three months at a time, am seeing very little progress with regard to weight loss. It is so frustrating; everyone around me "tries paleo" and drops sixty pounds in eight weeks. Meanwhile, I've been "deprived" for months at a time and yet no one wants to hear a thing about what I have to say about nutrition due to how I look .

I am done with deprivation, therefore I will JUDD.

Down days are no problem. Up days wouldn't be a problem, either, if I actually had a clue about calorie contents. I have been rabidly against calorie counting all my life (not believing in simple CICO, therefore throwing the baby out with the bathwater). Thus, I had no idea that my breakfast nacho plate was 600 calories, leaving me not quite as much "wiggle room" for my late night snack as I would have liked.

The biggest thing for me has been a syndrome: "now that nothing is off limits, what do I *want* to eat?" Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for binge-o-rama, I am trying to determine what my body wants/likes/needs. It has been a long time since i have had anything but my VLC staples. I may simply revert to those, as I read many people do better on this WOE if they go Low Carb. For now, it is all about learning and adjusting.

Blah blah blah. I sure can ramble on...
MagicBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Stash, you sound a lot like me! I have a pretty big appetite and like having one. I used to astound people with what I could eat and not gain. Well, that ended. JUDDD allows me to eat a pretty good bit eod, so I'm content. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I've had my frustrations, but I think that's probably typical of any WOE. What I have learned in these past 6 months of JUDDDing is that, even though I have taken a few breaks, I have not gained...the SIRTs really do work! Plus, I feel like Superwoman on DDs. My losses have been phenomenally slow, and that's been my major frustration, but it is a very noticeable loss and I am finally more comfortable with my body.

to all the

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 05-24-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mslaster
Thanks!

All, I just want to thank all of you for the warm welcome and accepting me as part of your group.

Today is my DD: So I made a pot of veggie Soup (1 can of diced stewed tomatoes/1 bag of spinach/1 bag of coleslaw/ 2 Knorrs bouillon/1 can of chicken broth/ and 1 can of green beans and seasonings.

Total calories were 487.

I can have 500 calories for induction right?
mslaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslaster View Post

I can have 500 calories for induction right?
Yes, you can go up to 500 calories to help you ease into induction. Then you can try to eek your cals down lower to match the calculator, or even lower.
The soup sounds good! Its been rainy enough here that I'm thinking of making a big pot for today for us as well.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mslaster
Thought I would Share

[I was in the 99 cents today and I found the Orleans Ready to eat single serving Tuna Salad with crackers (no mixing) and they whole thing was 100 calories. It was a good down day meal for me since I didnt eat but a small bowl of the soup I made today. The taste wasnt bad either.
mslaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Low cal treasures are all around. I've found some things that I never would have thought of just by going through the supermarket looking at calorie counts.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

That's true, Carly, and some of the "staples" I used to think were perfect for low calorie/low fat eating are not very DD friendly at all lol. For instance, low cal/low fat frozen dinners pack a surprising amount of calories...rice cakes are not particularly low calorie, snack wells are definitely not low cal, and who can eat one portion? It's all eye-opening.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That's true, Carly, and some of the "staples" I used to think were perfect for low calorie/low fat eating are not very DD friendly at all lol. For instance, low cal/low fat frozen dinners pack a surprising amount of calories...rice cakes are not particularly low calorie, snack wells are definitely not low cal, and who can eat one portion? It's all eye-opening.
Yes, a lot of quote diet food is not all that low calorie. I only eat skinny cow ice cream on UDs. I don't even eat regual ice cream, but once a month, because a tiny little serving is like 230 calories. If I'm gonna eat ice cream my serving will be about 500 calories.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

I know. A little pint sized carton of premium ice cream is about 805 calories. I usually eat it in two sittings (2 different days), so that's quite a bit.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I love my Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches but, like Carly, only eat them on UDs. At 150 cals each, its too much for a DD!
My personal experience has been that, unless I'm doing a potato DD, the best way to get the most bang for my buck on a DD is to eat as whole-food & natural as possible. Nothing beats cauli & broccoli & cucumbers for their lack-of caloric density. I can eat until I'm literally about to burst on roasted veggies (gotta be careful which ones but there are usually plenty to choose from) on my DDs. The biggest cal source comes from the bit of olive oil I usually toss in there before roasting but, dang, they're so good! The roasting will naturally carmelize the sugars in the veggies giving them a tremendous amount of flavor. Toss with a bit of olive oil, minced garlic and sea salt, roast at 400 degrees until done and YUM YUM YUM!!! Add in a bit of sweet potato if you can afford the cals and its pure Heaven!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote