Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
My first DD done!!! And it went absolutely fine

I have my UD all planned out today in a calorie tracker

How are all the other newbies getting on?
Great job - your first DD done well! and all ready for your UD! Have a good one.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Thanks CloveLeaf and Goner. My pleasure!

Goner you're off to an amazing start!
Re bathroom, I'd always been regular until I started JUDDDing.
Shiritaki noodles helped solve it. I'm now using Glucomannan powder and live yogurt – as in glucpud. It's cheaper than the noodles, though they were a godsend in the early days. You need to drink lots of water after you've had gluc/shiritaki.

Psyllium should probably do the same - again lots of water needed. Good idea to drink lots of water on DDs anyway!

Is Smooth Move senna-based? Senna is harsh and habit-forming.
Smooth move does have some senna in it - along with other ingredients. I had used it during a cleanse and knew it would work. I take it only rarely. Psyllium has never worked well for me - and I drink lots of water with it. I have no idea why. Yesterday I tried yogurt with probiotics, read online a few "natural" cures would work - lemon water, baking soda, etc. No luck so far - need to get to the store for something else.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Smooth move does have some senna in it - along with other ingredients. I had used it during a cleanse and knew it would work. I take it only rarely. Psyllium has never worked well for me - and I drink lots of water with it. I have no idea why. Yesterday I tried yogurt with probiotics, read online a few "natural" cures would work - lemon water, baking soda, etc. No luck so far - need to get to the store for something else.
Try a handful of almonds every morning (or every other if you can't afford it on DD). I've tried everything from aloe, probiotics, salt flush, teas, etc. It was like the more I would focus/help it the worse it would get. Now, I have no prob and no cramping or anything. I eat 24 raw almonds w my coffee each morning. But I also limit my animal products. Good luck try not to stress!
gillygum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
Try a handful of almonds every morning (or every other if you can't afford it on DD). I've tried everything from aloe, probiotics, salt flush, teas, etc. It was like the more I would focus/help it the worse it would get. Now, I have no prob and no cramping or anything. I eat 24 raw almonds w my coffee each morning. But I also limit my animal products. Good luck try not to stress!
Thanks for the info. I like raw almonds. Don't have the calories today on my DD though. I do sound like I'm stressing, don't I? Not really - just want to find something that works and then NOT have to think about it!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
Haha no no I just meant I'd always stress about it. But ik what u mean!! Good luck!
gillygum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Goner, you might find barberry (berberis vulgaris) helpful.
It's good for the liver too!

Incidentally, I just spotted this: A new study from the Natural Medicine Journal shows that it is superior to Metformin in treating poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stardust
Goner how has your DD gone today? I loved your little pep talk for the day.
Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
Goner how has your DD gone today? I loved your little pep talk for the day.
My DD went well. I had a planned dinner out with my DH and I haven't explained EXACTLY what I'm doing - so I saved about 300 calories for dinner and I think I managed quite well - broiled fish and two low carb veggie sides with unsweetened ice tea. Watched him eat ice cream and I really didn't want any - not even a lick. He has noticed I've lost a bit, so he is encouraging - which is good. I love a good pep talk!!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

So another question. No not about regularity. Although things are still NOT moving... I know, TMI!

I am noticing an increase in oily face skin. Reason I am noticing is my reading glasses keep slipping off my nose as I sit at my desk at work. I can feel the oil - let's hope it's not going to cause acne too. Irregularity AND zits at my age. Nothing has changed re cosmetics, soaps, moisturizer - all the same I've used for at least 2 months. Is this a side effect of JUDDD? My skin has always been normal - and as I age, a tad drier. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Today, even though I am in my first two weeks - I made the decision to do a MD - 1000 calories. My daughter invited me out tomorrow for Mother's Day to a Mexican Restaurant we heard about, about 40 minutes away. I have not told my daughter I am AGAIN trying to lose weight - it gets when I crash and burn over and over. So I definitely want an UP day tomorrow - and my rotations were already set when she asked me. I'll be back on track again with a DD on Sunday.

Yesterday's DD went well - except I can see that saving my calories for later in the day is not working. I get sooo tired without a little something. Although I've only had 5 DD so far, I felt so much more energy when I ate throughout the day. Yesterday I just went with it because I was saving my calories for dinner out with my DH.

As I mentioned, I haven't explained the entire concept to DH, just told him I am watching my calories and when I reach my limit for the day I stop. He is a big night time eater - and that is the worst for me, eating after dinner, somehow I lose control munching. So he is being good about not offering me food while he munches. Last night though I could SMELL the tortilla chips he was having with dip from two rooms away!

Let's have a good day May Newbies!!

Last edited by Goner; 05-10-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicBeth
Stats: 240/213.6/150
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Okay Pro-Judder's,

How long did it take to change your mind set? After being on so many diets with lots of food off limits I am struggling to stop myself eating because I am allowed to eat. DD are not a issue, neither have been my last two UD, but this one..... I want to eat everything.

No TOM issue or anything. Just the pure fact it is not off limits (which is on of the reasons I choose JUDDD) makes me think "I NEED IT NOW", "IT IS NOW OR NEVER"..
MagicBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #131
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Mine has been oilier too the last week or so, but mine isn't from JUDDD. I think it's just hormones or the change in weather here (it's getting WARM!). I also notice my skin gets oilier if I'm eating more fats. For some, that's a good thing, but I already have bad skin, and don't want to have to deal with acne AND wrinkles! Ugh!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #132
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBeth View Post
Okay Pro-Judder's,

How long did it take to change your mind set? After being on so many diets with lots of food off limits I am struggling to stop myself eating because I am allowed to eat. DD are not a issue, neither have been my last two UD, but this one..... I want to eat everything.

No TOM issue or anything. Just the pure fact it is not off limits (which is on of the reasons I choose JUDDD) makes me think "I NEED IT NOW", "IT IS NOW OR NEVER"..
I don't remember really going through this, though I had a blowout before starting JUDDD. Many of our successful JUDDDers went through it, though, and I seem to recall that the length of time varied pretty greatly. Some continued to have UUADs all through their weight loss, and others regulated after a short time, maybe a week or two. It's really true that once you realize that nothing's off limits, there isn't the urgency to get it all in NOW! That donut will still be there on your next UD if you don't happen to get it on this one. I've actually been craving a jelly-filled donut for over a week, and just haven't wanted it badly enough to actually go out and get one. I'm thinking I will, though, this weekend.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Dawn,

I did switch over from a VLCD with TMR maybe I should have allowed myself a day or two to eat real food. Right now I still get excited about cherry tomatoes and Strawberries and Blue Berries.

Have a great weekend.

Beth
Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Mine has been oilier too the last week or so, but mine isn't from JUDDD. I think it's just hormones or the change in weather here (it's getting WARM!). I also notice my skin gets oilier if I'm eating more fats. For some, that's a good thing, but I already have bad skin, and don't want to have to deal with acne AND wrinkles! Ugh!
I don't think it's a change in weather here, it's still pretty cool and rainy this week - and I only started noticing this week. I'm not eating more fats, quite the opposite actually - I was thinking I need to get in some good oils on an UD. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Quote:
Okay Pro-Judder's,

Prior to switching to JUDDD I had been doing low carb for a long time, but I always had a cheat day or meal scheduled for every Saturday or every other Saturday, so I was used to putting off treats to a future day. Sometimes even taking that cake they served at work home sticking it in the fridge for 3 days until cheat day. This worked really well moving into JUDDD, putting off indulgences until tomorrow is certainly easier than 3-6 days from now, and knowing there is no need to pack in all the treats on one massive cheat day because the next might be 7-14 days away makes this a much relaxing way to diet.

It takes some discipline and there will be mistakes and you will go over but if you keep going with your regular rotations you will make the progress you want to in the long run. And you will figure out what you did wrong and learn from those mistakes and not make as many as you continue. The nice thing about JUDDD is that I can recover from a blowout much more quickly going back into regular rotations than any other WOE I have done previously.

I've only been doing JUDDD for 1 month now, and I'm down 14 pounds, but I can easily see myself eating this way for the rest of my life, adjusting the DD calories or the number of DD's once I go into maintenance.

Mike
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Goner and Dawn...I noticed an increase in oiliness, and started breaking out...but I've since decided the acne is a wheat issue! i'd been eatiing quite a bit of bread (because I could), since I cut back on carbs it has gotten better. Though during that time, I had what I thought was an allergic reaction to a med, or maybe rosacea? My skin is a mess right now.
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Mike.

I have been thinking maybe trying to fast well into my up day, as to not wake the hunger. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day.

Awesome weight loss for you, 14 pounds in a month that's great to see.

Beth
Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
Goner and Dawn...I noticed an increase in oiliness, and started breaking out...but I've since decided the acne is a wheat issue! i'd been eatiing quite a bit of bread (because I could), since I cut back on carbs it has gotten better. Though during that time, I had what I thought was an allergic reaction to a med, or maybe rosacea? My skin is a mess right now.
Well, it can't be wheat for me - but thanks for your input. I haven't increased my wheat consumption. I'm not on any meds - but was recently diagnosed with rosacea, although after initially using the cream for one month, I stopped using it over a month ago just because the redness is not that bad, and I'm one that refrains from most medications if I can. I guess I will just keep an eye on the oiliness and maybe wash my face mid day as well to see what happens. I'm not use to the feel of oily skin, always been normal to dry.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

My MD yesterday went well. And I made sure to have more fiber than usual and got some prunes at the grocery. Today was a regular day. so Life is Good. I am getting out today to find the glucomannan powder and/or the shirtaki noodles. I hadn't had a chance to shop this work week.

I am amazed every day I step on the scale - I've always been a daily weigher when dieting. Except for two bounces after an UD that came right back down and then some - the scale goes down so much. I have never had results like that after the initial water weight loss at the beginning on any other woe. Today after my MD yesterday, scale down another pound. That's 8 pounds in 11 days. I want to lose a total of 25 for now and then maintain and see if it's a good goal weight, or continue on. I will be out of town for 5 days next week and am a bit worried about eating out most of those days, but will stay mindful of my goals. Wish me luck.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, skin breakouts are a common symptom of detoxing in process.
Or, if you've introduced more good fats as part of your UD menus, the oiliness could simply be part of an adjustment process. Oily skins stay wrinkle-free longer.

Goner, you'll be fine. When I go away, I don't stress over rotations or calories, I just try to eat as sensibly as possible and remember that I'm trying to lose weight in the long term. Then I get back to strict rotations asap when I return.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 05-11-2013 at 05:40 AM..
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

So Friday my appetite exceed my up day calories. I am looking at it as learning the ropes.
I looked over my food diary as saw a pattern that the earlier I eat, the more I want to eat.
Also I was enjoying high carb foods, which I know lead to false hunger.

Sunday was weigh in day and I lost 1.4, that is coming over from VLCD and I am very pleased.

Sunday up day, I waited until lunch had a higher protein one which lasted me until dinner.
Dinner was 600 calories, followed by a banger of dessert at 500 calories. Which left me 211 extra calories that I did not fit in.

Am I stressing about to much? Since I went over on Friday and under on Sunday does it all balance out?

Thanks, Beth
Old 05-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinTheDream
Stats: 135/124.6/118 5'4" 28 yo
WOE: Ideal Protein, JUDDD
Start Date: IP started 1/1/13; JUDDD started 5/12/13
Yesterday was my first DD, and it went really well! I was planning to allow myself up to 500 calories for this first week or two on plan, but really didn't feel that hungry, so ended up having just over 400 for the day. Today is UD, and I'm planning around 1800 calories.

Breakfast today was 6 oz greek yogurt with frozen fruit and a Double Fiber English muffin with 1 T almond butter. Coffee with half & half.

Lunch will be a salad with buffalo ranch dressing, sauteed cabbage & mushrooms with chicken breast.

Got some cheddar cheese for a snack. All that puts me at just over 1000 calories for the day, so I've got some wiggle room for dinner and additional snacks. I have a feeling that hitting 1800 today is going to be pretty difficult, but I need to do at least 1600.

I know I'm only a day into the plan, but so far I feel like it's very feasible to fit into my lifestyle without feeling deprived. Hope we all have a great week!
LivinTheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
Yesterday was my first DD, and it went really well! I was planning to allow myself up to 500 calories for this first week or two on plan, but really didn't feel that hungry, so ended up having just over 400 for the day. Today is UD, and I'm planning around 1800 calories.

Breakfast today was 6 oz greek yogurt with frozen fruit and a Double Fiber English muffin with 1 T almond butter. Coffee with half & half.

Lunch will be a salad with buffalo ranch dressing, sauteed cabbage & mushrooms with chicken breast.

Got some cheddar cheese for a snack. All that puts me at just over 1000 calories for the day, so I've got some wiggle room for dinner and additional snacks. I have a feeling that hitting 1800 today is going to be pretty difficult, but I need to do at least 1600.

I know I'm only a day into the plan, but so far I feel like it's very feasible to fit into my lifestyle without feeling deprived. Hope we all have a great week!
Looks like you have a good plan. I am just finishing up my first two weeks on JUDDD. It fits well into my lifestyle as well. Yesterday - even with it being Mother's Day - I managed a DD too. Today I am not as hungry as I thought I would be for my UD. Good Luck.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Okay Pro-Judder's,

I have never changed my mindset. I went through WLM with many UUAD's BUT I never messed up a DD and I did really low calorie DD's to offset my UD's. Ptero has helped.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
For me, mindset comes and goes. I've been noticing that the week before, and sometimes of TOM I have more trouble controlling UDs. Like Adi, DDs haven't really been a problem for me. I hate the idea of denying myself food all day and then blowing it. Sometimes it's easy (mindset) and sometimes it's sheer force of will!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
just wanted to pop in and say hi to the other new May JUDDD starters, i'm 10 days into my re-start and it's going well so far. Look forward to sharing the journey with you all
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Living The Dream 1800 sounds pretty high for your current weight. Are those the numbers you got from the Juddd calculator?
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinTheDream
Stats: 135/124.6/118 5'4" 28 yo
WOE: Ideal Protein, JUDDD
Start Date: IP started 1/1/13; JUDDD started 5/12/13
For my height (64") and weight (125 lb), I get 1881 UD and 470 DD @ 25% Wt Loss Mode.

I put in light exercise 1-3x/week. I do a lot of walking during the week. Should I go with the no exercise figures? That would put me at 1642 & 411.
LivinTheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Living the Dream, it still sounds high. I'm 5'2"and 126lbs. My numbers are 292/1462 at 20%. I'm possibly a lot older than you though).

I got 387/1547 at 25% for you - if you were 45.

It's recommended to use the no exercise setting, especially at first, unless you're doing some very intensive training.

If you're struggling to get in all your calories on UDs, try adding good fats like olive oil, butter or coconut oil on your veggies. Eat oily fish and avocados and use real mayonnaise your salads. Healthy calories without bulk!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 05-13-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinTheDream View Post
For my height (64") and weight (125 lb), I get 1881 UD and 470 DD @ 25% Wt Loss Mode.

I put in light exercise 1-3x/week. I do a lot of walking during the week. Should I go with the no exercise figures? That would put me at 1642 & 411.
I would go with no exercise. Your numbers are higher than mine and I weigh more, am taller and MUCH older I am sure. Us oldsters really get dinged on the calories. I do a lot of walking during the day too but I don't count it.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote