Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CloveLeaf
Stats: 125/119/110 5'5"
WOE: LC
Thanks for the replies, Dawn and LoCarbGal. I just went to the JUDDD website and found out I need to eat 1583 calories on UDs. WOW. That many? I need to stuff myself... I think it is pretty easy to keep it under 500 calories for DD, because I will be fasting most of the day. I still like fasting. It just makes things easier. Once I start eating, I want to eat a lot... Seems like I need to work on UDs...
CloveLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveControl View Post
I am just having a terrible time getting myself on any schedule! I have been sick this week and early in the day eating is baaad, Then I am not hungry and force myself to eat supper most days, so my calories are not low enough to be DDs and not high enough to be UDs. I am giving myself today to just eat to appetite, and making tomorrow an up day to get things going.

According to the calculator I need:

UD 2310
DD 462
Hi CC,
If you don't mind posting your age & height? You may have already & I missed it - sorry. For some reason 2310 seems high for your current weight. It may be right on but sometimes its good to have someone double check.
Good luck - this WOE is awesome!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #93
Formerlychubchick

Gallery: CurveControl
Stats: 200/172.4/130
WOE: LC JUDD/TOPS
I am 45 and I am 5 foot and 1/2 inch (60.5 inches is what I put in). I weigh about 175, and I am training for a 5k so I put in moderate work out 3-5 times a week.
I should update my stats! I will do that after TOPS tonight.
CurveControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
CloveLeaf,

JUDDD is characterised by high-ish calorie days (Up Days, UDs) alternating with low-calorie days (Down Days, DDs). Zero calorie Down Days, as in a total fast, are optional. The low-cal day's allowance has the same effect on sirtuins as a total fast. It's important to eat up to your Up Day allowance.

On low carb, that's done with good fats, as in avocado, coconut oil, nuts, butter, chocolate, oily fish etc. Make sure you get lots of healthy veggies on UDs.

I don't worry about the 36 hour gap. My gap is from when I last ate yesterday to when I feel like eating again today. However, several people are doing JUDDD within eating windows.

We're all different and we have to find what suits us best. Some people do low carb, I don't. I'm a late eater, some people can't do without breakfast, etc.

What's important is the calorie allowances and the spread between them. If you're wanting health benefits rather than weight loss, there are maintenance levels that will be ideal for you later when the sirtuins are well-established.

Have a good read around the forum. There are lots of tips, recipes and menu plans and the support here is wonderful.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 05-07-2013 at 09:21 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am 45 and I am 5 foot and 1/2 inch (60.5 inches is what I put in). I weigh about 175, and I am training for a 5k so I put in moderate work out 3-5 times a week.
I should update my stats! I will do that after TOPS tonight.
CC,
Read this thread: To account for exercise or not on the JUDDD calculator
You may choose to change your mind about your calories. I run 1/2 marathons (and less, occasionally) and am kinda constantly training. I still put in little to no exercise in the calculator. I'm not saying that's what you have to do, but consider dropping your calories despite your training if you're not losing. I started JUDDD with the 1-3x/week level which gave me 2200 on my UD versus the 1900 I had to drop it to in order to see the scale move, despite my running.
For example, right how your UDs are 2310. If you change the calculator to little to no exercise, it puts your UDs at 1788 (and drops your DD by 100 as well). But lets just look at UDs. That is a difference of 522 calories every other day. That's 1800 extra calories a week. Are you really burning that many additional calories training for a 5k? Being a pretty avid recreational runner myself, I'd be very willing to bet that you're not. (Remember that a general estimate is 100 calories per mile but that depends greatly on many physiological factors...and most standard 5K training programs don't have you running even close to 18 miles a week.)
Anyway, read the thread and feel free to ignore me. Our general advice is that you put "little to no exercise" in the calculator unless you're actually training for an iron man or something. I expand more in the above linked thread...

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #96
Formerlychubchick

Thanks Yennie. TBH I haven't done this that well to say if I would lode or not. I don't think I could hit that level of UD calories w/o a lot of work and crap food anyway. ETA~ I watch my burned calories wit a clip on device (I am not sure it is OK to say what it is called, it is more than a pedometer) that I bought a few weeks ago. I had actually been very much underestimating how much activity I do. I do not run, My 5K is this weekend and I will be walking it. My hips and sacrum couldn't handle running or jogging.

Last edited by CurveControl; 05-07-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
Is there anyone with PCOS doing JUDDD? I just wondered what kind of response people have to it?

I have PCOS, although not sure if insulin resistant. I know that I tend to lose weight so much better on low carb (under 25g a day) than any other "diet".

However I get some real headaches on low carb, even after the first few weeks. I like to generally eat lowER carbs, but really miss some things like sweet potato and some fruits.

I just wondered how effecting JUDDD would be for someone with PCOS. If I was to stick to say 100 - 120g of carbs a day.
I have PCOS. I was full blown diabetic and on an injection 2x per day before juddd, but lost 75+ pounds and my A1C is down to 5.6. I don't count carbs at all.

Quote:
Just had a quick look at the JUDDD site and it mentions that you can use shakes / bars for the first two weeks. Is that really needed or just a recommendation based on the fact that it can be difficult to stick to 500 cals a day?
I ate regular food, but weighted and measured everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
Welcome all of you who are "newer than me"...

After (not quite) 2 weeks, I have decided to try and change up my numbers. Since I am doing P90X, I originally plugged in my numbers for "hard exercise." But dang, that's a lot of calories for an UD! So I cut it back to "moderate exercise" before even starting. I still think this is high, and I've been feeling ok through my workouts so far; so I'm going to switch it down to "light exercise" and see how this works.
Our bodies really adapt well to exercise and we usually don't burn as much as we may think we do.

Quote:
I am just having a terrible time getting myself on any schedule! I have been sick this week and early in the day eating is baaad, Then I am not hungry and force myself to eat supper most days, so my calories are not low enough to be DDs and not high enough to be UDs. I am giving myself today to just eat to appetite, and making tomorrow an up day to get things going.

According to the calculator I need:

UD 2310
DD 462
That sounds much to high for both UD and DD. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed with slow/ no loss.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Yennie. TBH I haven't done this that well to say if I would lode or not. I don't think I could hit that level of UD calories w/o a lot of work and crap food anyway. ETA~ I watch my burned calories wit a clip on device (I am not sure it is OK to say what it is called, it is more than a pedometer) that I bought a few weeks ago. I had actually been very much underestimating how much activity I do. I do not run, My 5K is this weekend and I will be walking it. My hips and sacrum couldn't handle running or jogging.
This is exactly why we recommend using the little to no! I don't have a body bug or anything similar but I know enough people who do to be really cautious. Plus, with the rotations and UDs being so high, it is unlikely your body is going to go into "starvation" mode so why eat back what you just worked so hard to take off??? This is kind of a pet topic of mine (perhaps you've noticed?) so I like to chime in whenever there are people who might be in danger of not fully appreciating the amazingness of JUDDD!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CloveLeaf
Stats: 125/119/110 5'5"
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
CloveLeaf,

JUDDD is characterised by high-ish calorie days (Up Days, UDs) alternating with low-calorie days (Down Days, DDs). Zero calorie Down Days, as in a total fast, are optional. The low-cal day's allowance has the same effect on sirtuins as a total fast. It's important to eat up to your Up Day allowance.

On low carb, that's done with good fats, as in avocado, coconut oil, nuts, butter, chocolate, oily fish etc. Make sure you get lots of healthy veggies on UDs.

I don't worry about the 36 hour gap. My gap is from when I last ate yesterday to when I feel like eating again today. However, several people are doing JUDDD within eating windows.

We're all different and we have to find what suits us best. Some people do low carb, I don't. I'm a late eater, some people can't do without breakfast, etc.

What's important is the calorie allowances and the spread between them. If you're wanting health benefits rather than weight loss, there are maintenance levels that will be ideal for you later when the sirtuins are well-established.

Have a good read around the forum. There are lots of tips, recipes and menu plans and the support here is wonderful.
WOW! Thank you, Flossyliz, for this detailed explanation. Today is a DD for me. And I have one concern about DDs. Would this eventually trigger adrenal fatigue? I think I can feel something when I felt a bit hungry. It was totally bearable and was gone within minutes. However, I felt a little surge of energy afterwards, especially my hands felt warm, not in a bad way though. Anyone knows more about this, could you please help? I really appreciate it
CloveLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stardust
My first DD today!! I am hoping to get through to mid afternoon with just water and some skimmed milk in tea. I don't think I can cope with cooking too much on my DD's at least at the start. So rather than go with shakes and bars, I have got some weight watchers stuff in. I'll be having a soup this afternoon at 76 calories and then a weight watchers meal this evening with some extra vegetables which will be around 280 cals in total. So all being well I should come in at a tad over 400 cals.

My son is at Beavers tonight and I am a helper there so it will help with me being out of the house for the evening. If I am feeling hungry when I get home I will take myself for a walk if it's dry, if not I will just have a bath and head for an early night with a good book.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #101
Formerlychubchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
This is exactly why we recommend using the little to no! I don't have a body bug or anything similar but I know enough people who do to be really cautious. Plus, with the rotations and UDs being so high, it is unlikely your body is going to go into "starvation" mode so why eat back what you just worked so hard to take off??? This is kind of a pet topic of mine (perhaps you've noticed?) so I like to chime in whenever there are people who might be in danger of not fully appreciating the amazingness of JUDDD!!!
Actually what I was saying is that I burn a lot more calories than I thought I did. I don't have the bug, I have the other one. On DDs my actual goal is below 400 calories. I will have to look at what I eat and what is comfortable for me for Up days, because in the book I didn't really see a lot of emphasis on really high calories, Just making sure not to cut calories. Just eating regularly every other day will be a shock to my body because the last few weeks I have not had any appetite so my calories were probably much too low. (the days I tracked were all at or around 1000 cal)
To start out I just plan to eat LC and be sure to have 3 good meals. If I do that it will be quite a bit more calories than I have most days as it is! (My LC is not an Atkins induction LC, I don't do well with wheat and I don't think sugar is good so those 2 things I cut out, I still eat veggies and some berries and citrus)

Thank you for all the feed back and encouragement! I think with keeping up the exercise and eating low on DDs I will have great success, for a lifetime.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
My first DD today!! I am hoping to get through to mid afternoon with just water and some skimmed milk in tea. I don't think I can cope with cooking too much on my DD's at least at the start. So rather than go with shakes and bars, I have got some weight watchers stuff in. I'll be having a soup this afternoon at 76 calories and then a weight watchers meal this evening with some extra vegetables which will be around 280 cals in total. So all being well I should come in at a tad over 400 cals.

My son is at Beavers tonight and I am a helper there so it will help with me being out of the house for the evening. If I am feeling hungry when I get home I will take myself for a walk if it's dry, if not I will just have a bath and head for an early night with a good book.
I just completed my first week, so not much advice - but ENCOURAGEMENT I can do. It sounds like you have a good plan. Good Luck!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloveLeaf View Post
WOW! Thank you, Flossyliz, for this detailed explanation.
I second this It helped me understand a few things better! Thank you!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Today is one week - I did well. I'm ready for week 2.

One lil problem I'm having is being "regular" - does it get any better as one progresses with JUDDD? I pay close attention to fiber on my UD - but don't have enough on my DD. And I've tried psyllium capsules and I swear they don't help at all. I drink water all day, but could always drink more. Any advice? Words of wisdom?

7.5 pounds in my first week! My numbers are 353 and 1765 and I've stayed pretty close, going over one UD by 200 calories. Learned my lesson to plan calories BEFORE and not count AFTER they are eaten.

Last edited by Goner; 05-08-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old 05-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post

One lil problem I'm having is being "regular" - does it get any better as one progresses with JUDDD? I pay close attention to fiber on my UD - but don't have enough on my DD. And I've tried psyllium capsules and I swear they don't help at all. I drink water all day, but could always drink more. Any advice? Words of wisdom?

7.5 pounds in my first week! My numbers are 353 and 1765 and I've stayed pretty close, going over one UD by 200 calories. Learned my lesson to plan calories BEFORE and not count AFTER they are eaten.
You're doing great!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, the bathroom issues...btdt when I started as well. For me, it just got better. I tend to have more of the opposite issues when I eat the first time on UD now.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

7.5lbs is AMAZING!!! Wow, well done you
Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #107
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:

I've never been regular, so I know what you're saying. Recently I've started taking Natural Calm, a magnesium citrate supplement. It's working pretty well. I got it at Whole Foods, but I think it can be picked up at any vitamin place.

ETA: I just noticed you can get it through Netrition as well, if you click on the blue link.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
You're doing great!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, the bathroom issues...btdt when I started as well. For me, it just got better. I tend to have more of the opposite issues when I eat the first time on UD now.
Thank you!

Last edited by Goner; 05-08-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
7.5lbs is AMAZING!!! Wow, well done you
Thanks! I am so happy with the loss and of course JUDDD!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've never been regular, so I know what you're saying. Recently I've started taking Natural Calm, a magnesium citrate supplement. It's working pretty well. I got it at Whole Foods, but I think it can be picked up at any vitamin place.

ETA: I just noticed you can get it through Netrition as well, if you click on the blue link.
Thanks for the advice. I was trying to drink smooth move tea at night, but it can be a bit harsh - and I don't need THAT at work.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks CloveLeaf and Goner. My pleasure!

Could warm hands be due to thermogenesis??
Many JUDDD Budds find they have loads of energy on DDs and find themselves unexpectedly springcleaning or suchlike. Might be the same principle.

Learned my lesson to plan calories BEFORE and not count AFTER they are eaten.
Been there, done that, got the teeshirt – several times over!

Goner you're off to an amazing start!
Re bathroom, I'd always been regular until I started JUDDDing.
Shiritaki noodles helped solve it. I'm now using Glucomannan powder and live yogurt – as in glucpud. It's cheaper than the noodles, though they were a godsend in the early days. You need to drink lots of water after you've had gluc/shiritaki.

Psyllium should probably do the same - again lots of water needed. Good idea to drink lots of water on DDs anyway!

Is Smooth Move senna-based? Senna is harsh and habit-forming.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #112
Formerlychubchick

Ok Putting in my stats with no exercise brings me to 1793/359, Rounding I would aim for 1800 and 350-360. That is actually MORE doable for me than over eating.
I am doing an Up day today, to start, and all I have had is some chicken salad for breakfast and a bit of caprese salad for a snack. I will have to plug that into my counter and see where I am. Planning Ribeye for supper and probably a sweet potato and sautéed green beans. I will toss a couple of burgers in a cast iron skillet for lunch.

I did update my stats! Finally!
Old 05-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

This has has been an on again, off again issue, since juddding. For me it is totally juddd related. I eat very little volume on DDs so can't expect much the next day. I've gotten used to it, but if I get really backed up I eat a bag of miracle noodles and all is well the next morning.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
I don't have the bathroom issues, but I would recommend magnesium as well - oxide would work too. Or a gentle herbal laxative, if you're into that stuff.

goner - 7.5 lb in first week - AWESOME, wow, that's amazing!

I had a little trouble taking TOO many psyllium capsules on my DD. They worked great for keeping me full, but within a week or so, I was in PAIN on an UD. It was hard to eat. So now I take only one psyllium on SOME DD, not all of them. Maybe taking it with too little food is bad too. I was in agony. I don't think my stomach has any more cleaning out for the psyllium to do, so it was just wreaking havoc on my poor tummy.
lc-chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Flossy---I see this around alot in the posts. Glucomannan Powder

why do you take it and what is it doing for you?

is it something I should be doing? Is it a key to really being successful?
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Flossy---I see this around alot in the posts. Glucomannan Powder

why do you take it and what is it doing for you?

is it something I should be doing? Is it a key to really being successful?
Its not necessary for being really successful as I guess I'd consider myself pretty successful thus far (I'm averaging about 1.4#/week loss) and I don't own any, never used it.
Not saying its not useful, lots of JBs use it, I'm just saying you can be successful without it.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

My first DD done!!! And it went absolutely fine I just had tea and water most of the day. At 3pm I had some weight watchers soup. Then around 6pm I had a weight watchers meal with extra veggies.

I thought I would have to have an early night as I usually nibble on an evening but I was fine I had a few hunger pangs but they went away with a drink. I did feel very hungry driving home from work but knew that it would only be like an hour or so until my evening meal.

And it's now 8.35am and I have been up since 5.45am.... and I don't even feel that hungry. Just had water and tea so far. I have my breakfast here and I'll have it in the next hour or so, but I expected to get out of bed starving and wanting breakfast straight away but that wasn't the case

I have my UD all planned out today in a calorie tracker as I don't really trust myself to not overeat... maybe one day I will get away with not tracking UD's but for now I think I need to.

How are all the other newbies getting on?
Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicBeth
Stats: 240/213.6/150
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Thanks for all the advice about the calculator numbers. Changed my now to no exercise.

Beth
MagicBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Great start, Jackie! It's a bit weird that we're often not hungry on a UD. Ironic too!

Trigger
, here's some info about glucomannan. It isn't essential but I find it very effective for making meals last longer before I get hungry again. Also solved me some early bathroom problems caused by lack of bulk on DDs. You do need to drink a lot if you use it, or it can actually cause constipation!
Shirataki noodles are made from it. They are very useful for DD stir fries and for padding out bought soup and making it more sustaining for a quick DD meal.
Half a teaspoon of gluc powder goes a long way. It's an excellent thickener, useful in soups. I use it to make a mousse with fruit yogurt, or with cocoa for a chocolate pudding.

Glucomannan
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber obtained from the roots of the konjac plant (Amorphophallus konjac). Glucomannan powder constitutes almost 64% of the dry weight of the konjac root. In many parts of Asia, Glucomannan was used for centuries to produce staple foods like noodles, jams, and tofu. Nowadays, konjac foods are of different kinds like konjac chips, konjac noodles, konjac cakes and many others which are very famous for people who are on weight management. These konjac foods are very low in carbohydrates and rich in fiber, and are also very low in terms of glycemic nature.

Like all dietary fibers, Glucomannan produces numerous benefits for health. This konjac fiber has extremely high water-holding capacity forming gels when dissolved with water. These viscous solutions add bulk to the digestive tract that eventually creates a feeling of fullness. It also increases stool volume for effective bowel movement.

Glucomannan Benefits

Konjac glucomannan is very effective for weight loss. When it gels up with water, it creates a feeling of satiety or fullness. This konjac fiber also delays gastric emptying and slows down the digestion of fats to prevent hunger pangs. Especially when used with healthy diet and regular exercise, glucomannan can really trim down excess weight.

Patients diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes can use glucomannan supplements to stabilise blood sugar levels. According to experts, glucomannan can lower serum blood sugar levels by up to 29%. It works by slowing down the release of sugar into the circulation.

Glucomannan fiber can reduce the risk of heart diseases. Studies have shown glucomannan to improve serum lipid profiles and reduce systolic blood pressure. These effects prevent elevated cholesterol and high blood pressure, which are two of the leading predisposing factors to cardiovascular disorders.

Glucomannan protects the body the harmful effects of aging. A study revealed that it can delay cell aging, slow the formation of arterial plaques, and impede brain deterioration.

Common digestive problems can be relieved with continuous glucomannan use. Among these digestive problems are constipation, diarrhea, and inflammatory bowel disease. These digestive benefits of glucomannan are due to its ability to normalise stool elimination.

Experts suggest that glucomannan promote healthy thyroid functions. Konjac root fiber has positive effects for healthy thyroid levels. Thus, it can be recommended to be part of standard hyperthyroid treatment.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 05-09-2013 at 04:30 AM..
Old 05-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone who gave "regularity" advice. I need to get something. I don't like this feeling. Sorry if TMI.

Today is a DD for me - and for the first time my head said "I don't want a DD." Now where did that come from? My solution lately has been to "talk" to myself first thing before I get out of bed. Not just diet related, but life in general. My conversation went something like this:

"Today is Thursday - yes it IS a DD. And it is dark and dreary and more rain is expected. However, you are losing the unhealthy weight due to practicing UDs AND DDs. It is one day closer to the weekend - and celebrating Mother's Day. There are many close family members you know who are suffering physically and mentally right now. Count your blessings and make this a GREAT DD!!"

NOTHING LIKE a PEP TALK early in the morning! Glad I listened to myself. I also took a little extra time with my hair and make up, and put on some BLINGY earrings. Nothing makes me feel better than a good hair day also!

Now if I could just have a good bathroom day too.