Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
For DD snacks/meals I really enjoy incorporating the Laughing Cow 35 calorie wedges. I'll spread them on celery instead of cream cheese or peanut butter. I also love the garlic & herb with a couple dill pickles. I find that does a great job satisfying me as a "lunch" and, for some reason, doesn't unleash the hungries.
I also like them on baked potatoes - a little bone broth and a wedge of LC cheese (my personal favorite so far is the French Onion on potatoes) - very filling, very satisfying and very few additional calories beyond the potato.
Most grocers carry them. I have 3-4 flavors in my fridge at any one time. They are my must-have along with dill pickles.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
Welcome to all the newbies!! Your going to love it here!!!
motivatedMomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michmich
WOE: LC
Start Date: 6/2/2014
Thank you for the advice and welcomes!!! I'm definitely going to get some Laughing Cow cheeses this weekend. Great idea.

Well, I weighed (3) times this morning. 158.1, 158.5, 159.6. I'm going to stick with the higher so as to keep it real and avoid disappointment. And that's 3.2# since Monday so I'm not complaining!!!

Today's an UD. Woohoo!! My 2nd DD was really fairly easy. Drinking lots of water helps and I really hope it's true that it just gets easier. I can see myself doing this long term.

All I know is the scale is moving in the right direction and I get to eat chicken and rice today! Yeehaw!!! LOL.

How's everybody else doing?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
I am a fan of Laughing Cow cheese wedges too. I 'dip' my veggies in it, rather than ranch dressing or other dips, and I like that it's a pre-measured serving too. I also use them in a healthier version of "macaroni & cheese"... WW noodles, Broccoli (frozen broccoli with cheddar), Laughing Cow. YUM!

I'm a little nervous about the weekend. I'm great at planning and packing the right foods for work. But when it comes to the unpredictable weekends, I tend to be all over the place and sabotage any progress I made throughout the week.
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jazzy1
Stats: 213.6/146.4/130-135
Start Date: Jan 14, 2013
The hardest part so far is getting out of the HCg "need to weight myself daily" mind attitude. I am and its tough to see the scales go up, but I need to remember its water weight and scales will go down too
Jazzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
Start Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Goner and Jazzy! Getting your first DDs out of the way is a big step, and they will get easier, I promise! Keep posting so we know how you're doing.
Thank you for the welcome. So far so good for me. And I will keep posting as I have been on other boards where the posting is what helped me the most! I am very glad to find this very active "diet" board.

I had an UD yesterday - had a planned luncheon with a co-worker. I'm new to counting calories, but estimated what I ate. Today scale was down another 1/2 pound - so I'm encouraged.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nursej10580
Stats: 32 y.o. 5'8" 240/170.9/155
WOE: HCG/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: R1-05/ '11, R2-8/'11, R3-8/'12, R4 3/'13, R5 1/'14
Advice needed

Hi I am one of those HCGers lol that is wanting to transition over to JUDDD to lose the last 10 or so lbs. It's great to see that a lot of people are doing so well on JUDDD! So I'm definitely looking for any advice as I'd really like to start JUDDD this coming week. So any suggestions I'd love to hear but especially if you've made the transition from HCG to JUDDD like I want to do.

I actually just finished HCG round 4. I'm in the HCG maintenance phase right now (p3) which is mostly a low carb stage. I'm actually just finishing up week 2 of that (P3). So far 1 correction day after indulging in some strawberry cake at my mom's Otherwise I've stuck to proteins & fats with little to no carb stuff and I've done ok. Well I've still got those 10 or so lbs that I want to lose & I'd like to do it without another round of hcg. I'm just burnt out on it I think lol especially since this round was awful & very slow for any weight loss. So I just wondered if anyone coming from hcg or low carb diets etc.. if you had any initial issues with weight gain when first switching to JUDDD? Also are you staying more Low carb with JUDDD or are you having some things you want such as *gasp* carbs lol

Thanks!
Jenny
nursej10580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I stayed VLC for the first month then I dove head first into carbs and never looked back. I don't even recall a big bounce.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandiHornsby
Stats: 285.4/228.2/140
WOE: HCG moving toward JUDDD
Start Date: HCG: February 20, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm also very new to JUDDD. I haven't begun yet, but I've been lurking on this blog for a few days. I am currently on the stabilization phase of my second round of HCG. After I finish stabilizing, I want to jump right into this diet and slowly add back in my carbs on the up days. I'm very nervous about how my body will react to the new diet and the introduction of carbs again. I guess the only way to find out is to just do it!

Has anyone else gone from HCG immediately to this diet? What were your results?
BrandiHornsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I stayed VLC for the first month then I dove head first into carbs and never looked back. I don't even recall a big bounce.
Hi Carly! So you did HCG, and then went right into JUDDD? How long did it take for you to start losing after the introduction of carbs back into your diet? How much did you lose?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiHornsby View Post
Hi Carly! So you did HCG, and then went right into JUDDD? How long did it take for you to start losing after the introduction of carbs back into your diet? How much did you lose?
No I've never done HCG. I was on low calorie- about 700 a day and net carbs under 20 for my first 5 weeks of weight loss. That was miserable!!! Then I started JUDDD and used my calculated numbers which back then were about 1900/380, but kept net carbs under 20 for the first 4 weeks. Then I said "forget this" and jumped back into carbs- it was liberating!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michmich
WOE: LC
Start Date: 6/2/2014
Good morning!

Brandi - I did two rounds of HCG, but did not follow immediately with JUDDD. I would just treat it as a Phase 4 and very slowly add back in GOOD carbs. Just keep in mind that you will see downs and UPS on the scale. So, the psychological aspect may be challenging. That's one thing I did like about HCG - the constant drops. Unfortunately, for me, I fell off that wagon. Ugh. Look forward to you joining us soon!

Well, I ate Mexican food last night. Lesson learned. I'm up .8# this morning. My Cinco de Mayo celebration is over before it even begins. LOL. Really not surprised, though.

Today and tomorrow will be a "MD" for me. I plan to watch things very closely. Weekends are usually not hard for me because I tend to be busy and drink coffee half the day. LOL. Hopefully, the scale will move back down tomorrow. I'm very interested to see how it goes.

How's everyone else doing?
michmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmich View Post
Good morning!

Brandi - I did two rounds of HCG, but did not follow immediately with JUDDD. I would just treat it as a Phase 4 and very slowly add back in GOOD carbs. Just keep in mind that you will see downs and UPS on the scale. So, the psychological aspect may be challenging. That's one thing I did like about HCG - the constant drops. Unfortunately, for me, I fell off that wagon. Ugh. Look forward to you joining us soon!

Well, I ate Mexican food last night. Lesson learned. I'm up .8# this morning. My Cinco de Mayo celebration is over before it even begins. LOL. Really not surprised, though.

Today and tomorrow will be a "MD" for me. I plan to watch things very closely. Weekends are usually not hard for me because I tend to be busy and drink coffee half the day. LOL. Hopefully, the scale will move back down tomorrow. I'm very interested to see how it goes.

Just wondering why you are doing 2 MDs in a row? I would not think this would optimize weight loss, but who knows.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
No I've never done HCG. I was on low calorie- about 700 a day and net carbs under 20 for my first 5 weeks of weight loss. That was miserable!!! Then I started JUDDD and used my calculated numbers which back then were about 1900/380, but kept net carbs under 20 for the first 4 weeks. Then I said "forget this" and jumped back into carbs- it was liberating!!!!!!!!!!!!
That sounds miserable! At least with the HCG, I wasn't actually hungry. When you jumped back into carbs, was the weight loss extra slow? I'm just soooooooo nervous about reintroducing them. I feel like I need to know what to expect!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmich View Post
Good morning!

I'm very excited at the thought of dieting one day and eating what I want the next! I think it's a great idea to treat this as phase 4. It makes plenty of sense to do the gradual carb thing, but observing the caloric intake for this diet. I'm not one of those gals who can do without carbs in the long run!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That sounds miserable! At least with the HCG, I wasn't actually hungry. When you jumped back into carbs, was the weight loss extra slow? I'm just soooooooo nervous about reintroducing them. I feel like I need to know what to expect!
No, not that I recall. I don't even remember having a big bounce around the time I added them back, but I'm thinking there must have been a little water weight. It obviously was not huge or traumatic if I can't recall. I lost very steadily while in WLM. I averaged about 8 pounds a month, but some months- like when I went on vacation may have been as low as 5, but one month I lost 11 pounds.

I know some former HCG people have had slightly slower losses initially and they were also used to seeing the scale go down daily- don't expect that with juddd. I remind myself I lost 75 pounds in a year and I only dieted every other day!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
No, not that I recall. I don't even remember having a big bounce around the time I added them back, but I'm thinking there must have been a little water weight. It obviously was not huge or traumatic if I can't recall. I lost very steadily while in WLM. I averaged about 8 pounds a month, but some months- like when I went on vacation may have been as low as 5, but one month I lost 11 pounds.

I know some former HCG people have had slightly slower losses initially and they were also used to seeing the scale go down daily- don't expect that with juddd. I remind myself I lost 75 pounds in a year and I only dieted every other day!
I just saw your before and after pics... AWESOME!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #48
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm another who did NOT do HCG, but I came to JUDDD from Atkins. I didn't want to worry about carbs, so I took a weekend off in between, ate whatever I wanted, including pizza and cupcakes for my daughter's birthday party, and then started JUDDD. I had a 3 pound gain from that weekend, and lost it and more the first week with JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm another who did NOT do HCG, but I came to JUDDD from Atkins. I didn't want to worry about carbs, so I took a weekend off in between, ate whatever I wanted, including pizza and cupcakes for my daughter's birthday party, and then started JUDDD. I had a 3 pound gain from that weekend, and lost it and more the first week with JUDDD.
That sounds awesome! Very promising for my worrisome mind, LOL!

One more question. Do we start this diet with an up day or down day?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
Quote:
One more question. Do we start this diet with an up day or down day?
Hi Brandi, welcome!

We start with an UD so we'll be nicely set up for the DD to come

Best of luck.
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 6keepsmebusy
Stats: 251/213/150
WOE: lost 38 on HCG now JUDDDing
Start Date: March 2013
Hi everybody! So glad to have found this forum and this diet I'm just coming off a round of HCG, I was thrilled to have lost 38 pounds, but still have a lot more to lose and can't handle another round of HCG, so I decided to JUDDD, after the VLCDs on HCG every other day of 500 cal should be a walk in the park. I'm doing my second down day today and so far so good...I did lock my scale away for the week though so I wouldn't be tempted to weigh everyday, any gain would derail me in a major way so I'm only letting myself weigh once a week. I look forward to hearing everybody's success stories!
6keepsmebusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6keepsmebusy View Post
Hi everybody! So glad to have found this forum and this diet I'm just coming off a round of HCG, I was thrilled to have lost 38 pounds, but still have a lot more to lose and can't handle another round of HCG, so I decided to JUDDD, after the VLCDs on HCG every other day of 500 cal should be a walk in the park. I'm doing my second down day today and so far so good...I did lock my scale away for the week though so I wouldn't be tempted to weigh everyday, any gain would derail me in a major way so I'm only letting myself weigh once a week. I look forward to hearing everybody's success stories!
! That was probably wise to lock up your scale, because with juddd there is definitely a daily bounce, but the trend will be downward if you respect your UD and DD calorie limits.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #53

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
LoCarbGal
your stats are impressive! Congrats! and I see alot of that was JUDDD. I feel good seeing a great result on the plan I choose now.
Thanks! It's been a long road, but so worth it, and JUDDD has been a huge part of that. I hope you find the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveControl View Post
I have been doing JUDD-ish. I need to up my up day calories and decrease my down day alcohol! Still, I am doing Ok. I love the Costco Protein shakes for down days. 30gm of protein for 160 calories. I am down several pounds since I started a few weeks ago, with a general downward trend. I read the book over Easter weekend and have been doing a kind of a JUDD since then.
The main problem I have is hat I am training for a 5k (power walk not run) and I try to do my harder workouts on up days but it doesn't always work out that way.
Molly! You're right, getting in your UD calories is crucial. I've not done alcohol on DDs, but you can if you fit it into your calories. For me, my control lessons when I have alcohol, so I try to save it for UDs, and I've noticed that my UDs that get away from me usually are when I've had a couple of drinks.

Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm also very new to JUDDD. I haven't begun yet, but I've been lurking on this blog for a few days. I am currently on the stabilization phase of my second round of HCG. After I finish stabilizing, I want to jump right into this diet and slowly add back in my carbs on the up days. I'm very nervous about how my body will react to the new diet and the introduction of carbs again. I guess the only way to find out is to just do it!

Has anyone else gone from HCG immediately to this diet? What were your results?
Brandi! I haven't done HCG, but came off of really strict LC (20 g or less). When I added back carbs I had a bit of a gain but it came right off. I hope you'll have great success with JUDDD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6keepsmebusy View Post
! Great job on the 38 pounds! I think you're right that JUDDD will be a breeze after the every day restrictions. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicBeth
Stats: 240/213.6/150
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Just want to say Hello. I did Juddd last year and then went to Walt Disney World with the dining plan and lost the plot. I have been doing vlcd for the pass 6 weeks and can not starve anymore. I have been reading post and more post. You Juddd buds are a very inspiring bunch.

I have leaned from back reading it is best to count calories, stick to the rotations and plan my down days ahead of time. Anything you think I missed?

Beth
MagicBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBeth View Post
Just want to say Hello. I did Juddd last year and then went to Walt Disney World with the dining plan and lost the plot. I have been doing vlcd for the pass 6 weeks and can not starve anymore. I have been reading post and more post. You Juddd buds are a very inspiring bunch.

I have leaned from back reading it is best to count calories, stick to the rotations and plan my down days ahead of time. Anything you think I missed?

Beth
The most important thing in my opinion is PATIENCE. For most, JUDDD is not a fast weight loss method but if worked properly it is a steady one and it DOES work, just not at lightning speed.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Beth! If you do as you posted and respect your DD and UD numbers you should do great!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicBeth
Stats: 240/213.6/150
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Thank you adillenal and Carly. Really excited, been happy all day and it is a DD!

Beth
MagicBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #58

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Beth! So glad you found us and are joining in. You're gonna it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Welcome to all the newbies! We've got quite a batch so far this month. Yay!
For the HCG'ers - first of all, hats off to you gals for being able to do HCG. I've read up on it and I think I would go off the rails day 1. What iron control.
There have been several JBs who've transitioned, and someone posted a bunch of links a few weeks back to old HCG threads. This is such a busy board you may need to go back a few pages. Or search HCG in this forum for more info on how you can make the transition & suggestions.
I'll second some advice already given:
*Plan to count calories to stick as close as possible to both UD and DD.
*Eat all your UD calories. Its ok to lower your DD calories.
*Don't expect linear losses on the scale. There will be bounces up. Look at the downward trend.
*Stick with JUDDD at least a month before you decide if its for you. JUDDD activates SIRTS and SIRTS do a lot of work other than just mobilizing fat. So if your body has a lot of healing to do, the activated SIRTs may be cleaning up instead of burning fat.
Welcome!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nursej10580
Stats: 32 y.o. 5'8" 240/170.9/155
WOE: HCG/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: R1-05/ '11, R2-8/'11, R3-8/'12, R4 3/'13, R5 1/'14
Nervous

Hey I'm wanting to start JUDDD this week but I'm seriously nervous about jumping in since I"m scared to gain. I'm 32 y,o, 5'8' 161.7 lbs currently. When I put my info into the JUDDD calculator I get DD 367 cal & UD 1834 cal? Does that sound right? Is it best to start off with a DD or UD? Also I've been reading through the threads and was wondering if it's ok to start off with my calculated DD calories or do I start with the standard 500 cals?

Thanks!
Jenny
nursej10580 is offline   Reply With Quote