Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Sorry, Daisy, I never gave you a proper WELCOME

I immediately christened this the "half-fast" diet, and the last couple weeks I've been maybe 1/4 assed about it...life happens...but it's still working, i can see good things happening.
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Hi, Daisyjane. I weigh every day, too, but I have some tips that make it work for me. They might be interesting for you.

On one chart, I track my daily weights. It gives me that terrifying zig-zag shape. But on the same chart, I also graph my two-day average, encompassing one Up Day and one Down Day. I still get a few spikes, but in general that line (which I make heavier than the daily line) is doing a nice, gradual trend down.

Then I have another chart where I have two lines. The first are all my post-Up Day weights, the second, all my post-Down Day weights. The first is longer than the second, as I have had a few times when I had an extra Up Day. It sits a few squares higher on the chart than the Down Day line, and they both have some peaks. But both lines are moving DOWN.

Good luck with JUDDDing.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Daisyjane82
WOE: Moderate Carbs/ JUDDD
Start Date: 5/2/2013
Thanks Route66 Ė Youíre right about the temptations and potential judgment lapses when you mix alcohol with a DD. On my way home from the wine bar, the intoxicated smells from the pizza parlour and burger joint were almost unbearable. At one point I just stood there staring at the pizza through the window thinking ďAh the heck with it, one slice wonít kill meĒ but then I thought about my goal, reminded myself that I can eat it tomorrow and moved along. So far so good!

Thanks Librarygirl, grannysmith and Sirtain for your feedback! (Thanks for the warm welcome Grannysmith) Thanks Sirtain for the helpful tip too!
I DID have that cheeseburger at ďIN AND OUTĒ Ė I may have gone a little overboard when I ordered the animal style fries. I was just so excited because I had been denying myself a cheeseburger for over 5 months! It was like a dream come true!! I ended up feeling full after my burger and just picked at my fries. I ended up handing the majority of the fries over to my friends. Of course it didnít stop there. I ate a pizza for dinner and had some Tom Yum Soup in the evening. I also had some coronas with some friends during happy hour after work. I think I overdid it because my stomach was churning and NOT happy with the amount of junk I was packing in all of a sudden. I was like a Kid in a candy shop. Not exactly proud of my eating habits yesterday (Pretty disappointed with myself to be honest) and Iíll definitely calm it down on my next UP DAY. I didnít weigh myself this morning because I didnít want to see the damage I had done in numbers. Anyone else overdo it on an UPDAY and how did that affect your progress with JUDDD?

Today is my DOWN DAY, and Iím actually looking forward to it after yesterdayís food rampage. Itís noon and Iím not the least bit hungry. I have a feeling this is going to be easy. The only temptation Iíll face is this evening. Iím driving to the beach with some friends and then weíll be going out to dinner. I hope I can find a low calorie option on the menu and avoid the temptation to order a drink when all my friends do. Water. Water. Water. I can do it!

So thatís where Iím at. Thanks everyone for all of your encouragement and helpful advice. I canít wait to reach the one week point and see where Iím at.
Daisyjane82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I wouldn't guess at how many calories you need. Google "JUDDD calculator" and when you go to the site, scroll down and input your height, weight and age and choose "little to no exercise (20%)" to see what your UD and DD calories should be. Also, be sure to set the parameters to inches, pounds, and years.

It will be very helpful for you to have your exact numbers. You are already under 150 pounds so your UD is not going to be very high.

You asked how damaging it is to blow through your UD calories and then some.

There are 3 answers to this...
1 time every 2 or 3 months... No problem... JUDDD is very forgiving!
3 times every month... Not so great, but you will still lose.
2-3 times per week... This will not be conducive to steady weight loss.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

It will be very helpful for you to have your exact numbers. You are already under 150 pounds so your UD is not going to be very high.

You asked how damaging it is to blow through your UD calories and then some.

There are 3 answers to this...
1 time every 2 or 3 months... No problem... JUDDD is very forgiving!
3 times every month... Not so great, but you will still lose.
2-3 times per week... This will not be conducive to steady weight loss.

This is sage advice from one of our great success stories here. This is why I've personally been struggling of late...too many UUADs is not a recipe for success with JUDDD.

Daisy, it's great that you're working JUDDD well and are happy with your results! Welcome to one of the most supportive and informative groups on the Net!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote