Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   For people that had 40 plus pounds to lose... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803090-people-had-40-plus-pounds-lose.html)

Collegegal 04-29-2013 09:02 PM

For people that had 40 plus pounds to lose...

Did anyone actually get their stomach to go flat? Or do you still have loose skin?

LoCarbGal 04-29-2013 10:00 PM

I've lost 110 and have more to go, but I've been amazed at how my stomach, skin included, is shrinking slowly back down. I'm not sure how it'll wind up in the end, but I don't think it'll be as bad as I feared it would be.

Yennie 04-29-2013 10:54 PM

I think it will depend on a lot of factors - age, how long you carried extra weight in the front, how fast you lose, genetics, etc.
I think both Carly & Dawn have said they have loose skin but I'll defer to their own testimonies. Having said that, I KNOW Carly has said that she's still losing inches, and not necessarily weight, so she's attributing that to skin tightening up.
I know I personally have yet to achieve the flat stomach but I have another 40# to go. But my skin on my "pooch" is doing a pretty good job so far of tightening up to go with the loss. I've lost 4" on my pooch alone since starting JUDDD and it still looks the same, just smaller. No extra sagging or anything. And I've had a baby so it was stretched out pretty good! I've been diligent about using either stretch mark cream or coconut oil on my belly skin to keep it hydrated and healthy and maximize the shrinkage as much as possible.
I'm not sure how much that helps...

adillenal 04-30-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16400618)
Did anyone actually get their stomach to go flat? Or do you still have loose skin?

I have never had a "flat" stomach even when I weighed 120 pounds BUT I have lost 42 pounds and I have no loose skin on that area. My stomach is tight, it is just rounded rather than perfectly flat. I have no complaints about my stomach which no one sees. My loose skin is on my upper arms where it can be seen. Boo Hiss.:sad:

Carly 04-30-2013 04:59 AM

I lost 75 pounds and my stomach is NOT flat. I'm not sure it ever was, but now I have A Lot of loose skin. It is tightening up so I have hopes that it will get better, but if it wasn't for the loose skin- making extra bulk- I would probably wear a size 0.

KeirasMom 04-30-2013 05:04 AM

I have lost 123 pounds and have plenty of loose skin. I'm also 40 years old and have had a baby. It really depends on age, genetics, how long you were overweight, how overweight you were, etc. My experience will NOT be yours, just as yours will not be the same as someone else's.

Deen73 04-30-2013 05:57 AM

Well I have a couple of TMI questions... lol Sorry to thread-jack, but I guess my question is sort of along the same lines. Um... ok, I've always been a bit busty, (40DD -- 40G (!) right after pregnancy/nursing) and I've always felt "they" have impeded my mobility, ability to exercise, etc... DH is a runner and when we're out walking together, he's always like "let's try some sprints!" -- not realizing that without MAJOR reinforcement, I just can't do stuff like that. Anyway, they are somewhat a bane of my existence. Ok, so now I'm finally getting to my question -- I've considered having a breast reduction. But, I'm wondering, will they get smaller on their own with weight loss? How much smaller? Will they, ummmm... look ok? lol I aim to lose about 100 pounds over the next year or two.

zipp2play 04-30-2013 06:11 AM

Deen - I can't attest to losing 100 pounds and how it changed breast size, but I can tell you that at my highest weight ever (not counting pregnancy) I was at 230 pounds, I am now 170 so that is 60 pounds and my cup size hasn't changed much at all. My number size has gone from 38 to 34 but I am still a SOLID D. Not as big as you, but I would love to be a cup size B and there has been no change at all for me. It is truly frustrating!

Collegegal 04-30-2013 06:38 AM

I've gone down from a DD to a D in the past but for the most part it has little to do with weight loss. I've been the same size since middle school in that department and I'm 31 now.

deedee 04-30-2013 06:40 AM

I'm sad to say that 70 pounds later and my stomach is far from flat. I was never "thin" but before I gained all that weight, I had just a little muffin top. When I got to my heaviest, I started to get that thing where there's almost a dent in the middle of your stomach, like a line down the middle where it starts to fold in on itself? Hopefully someone else knows what I mean. Well that's gone away so it's a start, but the loose skin and belly is still there.

b_lou_who 04-30-2013 06:43 AM

I have a giant busom and it never gets smaller except in proportion. 36H to 34H to 32H.
It may just depend on the person. My little sister has no busom normally, but goes up to a DD when nursing. I stay an H except when I was nursing I wore 30JJJ.
Not really an encouragement, but you will just have to see what YOUR busom does.

Carly 04-30-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen73 (Post 16400879)
Well I have a couple of TMI questions... lol Sorry to thread-jack, but I guess my question is sort of along the same lines. Um... ok, I've always been a bit busty, (40DD -- 40G (!) right after pregnancy/nursing) and I've always felt "they" have impeded my mobility, ability to exercise, etc... DH is a runner and when we're out walking together, he's always like "let's try some sprints!" -- not realizing that without MAJOR reinforcement, I just can't do stuff like that. Anyway, they are somewhat a bane of my existence. Ok, so now I'm finally getting to my question -- I've considered having a breast reduction. But, I'm wondering, will they get smaller on their own with weight loss? How much smaller? Will they, ummmm... look ok? lol I aim to lose about 100 pounds over the next year or two.

I went from a 40DD to a 36D- so considering I lost 75 pounds that is not a big change. I was hoping for 36C, but went bra shopping 3 weeks ago... and it ain't gonna happen. I definitely can't wear cute, frilly, little bras- I still need the serious reinforcement as you called it.

Demonica 04-30-2013 07:23 AM

I've lost almost 55 lbs and I've shrunk everywhere EXCEPT my tummy!:annoyed: I know it has gone down a little (hence the size 8/10 pants down from a size 14) but when I look in the mirror, it is ALL I see! At this point I am happy to be wearing smaller jeans!

As far as the bust thing, mine didn't really shrink or get bigger, they just seemed to have gotten saggier.:cry:

LoCarbGal 04-30-2013 07:26 AM

I started at a 42DD and just the other day went bra shopping and am now a 38D. I was a little surprised that I wasn't a C. I think I was 34C last time I was thin, so it shouldn't be a surprise I guess. I still have a ways to go.

grannysmith 04-30-2013 12:01 PM

I have lost 40+ lbs too many times, but I've never had much bustwise...I have a friend who had the major gastric bypass surgery done. She was around 400lbs, and lost 100, and gained some and lost it...anyway, she's pretty busty, and I told her she looked more like she got a boob job, she lost so much weight in her middle, her breasts stood out more.

grannysmith 04-30-2013 12:08 PM

Sorry, my concentration is terrible lately...anyway...I've been pleased that JUDDD seems to be really pulling fat out of my abdomen, I can actually suck it in flat as fat as i am!.

There's a little loose skin right at the bottom that bugs me, but think it will go away. My tummy had always been flat til the last big weight gain in my 40's. I don't have good skin, stretch marks and all that, but so far it seems to be receding.

Yennie 04-30-2013 03:11 PM

When I was 130 pounds, I wore a 34 DDD. As I gained my boobs would get bigger but it was always proportional. So when I lost I got smaller boobs but never SMALL -always in proportion to that initial size.
I had a breast reduction in 2006 and went down to a 34/36 D depending on how skinny I was. Again, post reduction, the boobs go up and down with weight loss but the relative size stays the same. So from my personal experience, I think your boobs will stay big relative to your size, they just may be smaller than they are now.