Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back again - maybe (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802870-back-again-maybe.html)

Nanner 04-26-2013 09:20 AM

Back again - maybe

So I fell off the JUDDD bandwagon about a year ago and started back to LC about 5-1/2 weeks ago, lost 17 lb in the first 3 weeks but now, for the past 3 weeks, have been bouncing back and forth with the same 2 lb. I'm going to weigh again on Monday and see if I have a loss, but, if not, I'm going to switch it up with JUDDD.

I was just wondering, do you find that exercise helps your loss with JUDDD? I haven't been because some find better losses with no exercise for LC.

I'm a bit worried that I'll fall back into my old eating habits if I go back to eating regular foods, so I'm going to try to keep it LC but eat more than the 20-30 carbs I have been, and my calories have been right around where the calculator says I need to be, so that shouldn't be a problem For my down days, I plan on eating low-calorie soups and the 45 calorie bread and 15 calorie deli meat for sandwiches. Should have no problem keeping below 500 or my calculated 423 with those 2 items and maybe a low-cal treat thrown in now and then.

Wish me luck - at this point, even a pound or 2 a week would be awesome, close to getting into the 230s and hitting the 20 lb milestone, so it hopefully won't take long.

So, should I start on Monday after my weigh in with a DD or an UD?

KeirasMom 04-26-2013 09:22 AM

Whichever day you decide will be your first DD, just make sure you go into it well fueled. If that means normal eating the day before, or an UD the day before (for me, they are one and the same), you get to choose.

Regarding exercise, I seem to lose best without exercising. I would never advise you NOT to exercise because it really is important for other health, but doesn't really seem to do much for the weight, if that makes sense. I'm exercising regularly now that I'm in maintenance, but YMMV.

:welcome: back!

LoCarbGal 04-26-2013 09:34 AM

Welcome back Nanner! You're doing great, getting back on a plan. My experience is that my losses did slow when I started to exercise, but I'm trimmer and tighter, and even smaller, so for me it's worth it. I don't do anything too strenuous though. A little walking, some light weights for upper body, and Callanetics. Good luck!

Kissa 04-26-2013 09:37 AM

Good to see you back Nanner. Hope this really works for you, a 17 lb start is impressive. :)

Luv2Eat 04-26-2013 10:00 AM

:welcome: Tami! Good luck on your journey :hiya:

Nanner 04-26-2013 10:56 AM

I do plan to exercise eventually, but I think I may wait until I'm a little closer to goal, maybe once I hit under 200, which is my very first goal. Thanks for the welcome, all!

grannysmith 04-26-2013 11:05 AM

I got stuck my umpteenth time on LC, too. I dropped 20 lbs in a month, then just hung there...for weeks...then got depressed and ate whatever and gained back 10 lbs in, oh, maybe 2 weeks. Not really over-eating, just eating...whatever.

Haven't been on JUDDD very long, this is my first time, but i always lost more when i was more active. I can't do the hamster-on-a-wheel stuff very well, but I'm getting some benefit from yoga and HIT exercises that i can do at home...if only mood-wise.

tobelowcarber 04-26-2013 03:33 PM

Welcome back, Tami. Good luck with the new plan. I have no issues exercising on JUDD. It really depends what you do for exercise. Maybe try some low impact activities first, like walking.

calichris 04-26-2013 05:24 PM

For me, it's easier on the scale when I don't exercise, because there are fewer variables, but I do it anyway. There are so many good things happening with exercise, including big-picture, long-term benefits that help with weight loss, that I try to ignore short term scale issues (not that it's always easy!).

Carly 04-26-2013 06:24 PM

:welcome: back Tami. If you enjoy exercising and feel good about go for it. I think you can lose fine on JUDDD with minimal activities, but you body will thank you for getting fit.

Yennie 04-26-2013 07:05 PM

I don't really have anything constructive to add to what's already been said except to offer my "WELCOME" as well!
Also, keep in mind you may gain a few in water if you add carbs back in. If you stay low-ish, it may not be as big a change on the scale but a lot of our JBs who've gone from Atkins to JUDDD have added back in carbs & see a bit of a bounce up initially. I just won't want you to be discouraged, and you may already know this coming back to JUDDD. But I just wanted to mention... :)