Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   New to Juddd with some questions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802782-new-juddd-some-questions.html)

Collegegal 04-25-2013 04:21 AM

New to Juddd with some questions

Currently I'm looking at starting the Juddd program to get my weightloss moving again. From what I understand it's 500 calories on a down day followed by 1800ish on an up day. Can anyone share their success with this type of program?

What did you eat on a down day? Should you be eating 3 meals or just go for one 500 calorie meal? On the up days should you make sure your getting all of your allotted calories or is less okay too? If you don't mind sharing what did your up day meals look like? Did you generally include a dessert to make sure you got the necessary calories?

Thanks!

Carly 04-25-2013 05:07 AM

:welcome:!
First off you will want to get your calories from the juddd calculator (you can google it). It is very simple just UD then DD and repeat. I prefer to fast all day and have a bedtime snack on my DDs, but everyone is different. The first 2 weeks of DDs you can have 500 calories then you should aim for your 20% weight loss mode number after that.

Collegegal 04-25-2013 05:13 AM

Thanks for the reply...just did my calculations and am at 414 on a DD and 2,068 on an UD. I've recently cut out sugar, dairy, grains, and most fruit seeing they create intense sugar cravings for me...so figuring out how I'm going to get that many calories in is going to be tough! I'm assuming i'll have to increase my protein and fat to reach these goals.

zipp2play 04-25-2013 05:48 AM

Full Fat dressings, Greek Yogurt, Guac, nuts, sour cream, EVVO, there are easy ways to get in the calories if you don't want to do the items you noted!

Librarygirl 04-25-2013 06:24 AM

:welcome: CG!! Yes, if you aren't eating sugar, you can just eat more butter. :D Typically, LC is pretty high calorie, so if you follow those meal plans/recipes it should be fairly easy to hit your numbers on UDs (Steak, cauliflower cooked with cream and cheese, asparagus with butter...one dinner that's sure to be high calories ;)).

Yennie 04-25-2013 07:32 AM

Peanut butter. Coconut oil, hwc in your coffee or tea. I keep a bag of pecans around for this, 1/4 is 200 cals & I can do double that without batting an eye.
There are a lot of menu threads, usually daily, with both UD and DD menus for ideas.

deedee 04-25-2013 07:57 AM

Coconut butter! I could eat that all day with a spoon.

Librarygirl 04-25-2013 09:00 AM

Me too, dee dee. It could explain the lack of loss this month. :D

Genie80 04-25-2013 09:17 AM

Good luck with it, I'm starting JUDDD on Saturday I'm 389/1943!

Fingers crossed for us both!

LoCarbGal 04-25-2013 09:23 AM

:welcome: Collegegal and Genie! So glad to have some new JUDDD BUDDDs!

KeirasMom 04-25-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16392872)
Coconut butter! I could eat that all day with a spoon.

I just used my coconut butter on a sweet potato last night. Divine. :heart:

Yennie 04-25-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16392819)
Peanut butter. Coconut oil, hwc in your coffee or tea. I keep a bag of pecans around for this, 1/4 is 200 cals & I can do double that without batting an eye.
There are a lot of menu threads, usually daily, with both UD and DD menus for ideas.

That was supposed to be a 1/4 cup, apparently I think faster than I type. Sorry!

SlowSure 04-25-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genie80 (Post 16393062)
Good luck with it, I'm starting JUDDD on Saturday

Are you switching to JUDDD from Atkins or running the two together? If you're switching, and you've previously dropped a fair amount of glycogen and water, you might want to put a Post-it note by your scales to remind you of that in case you have a little water gain after the first couple of days introducing some carbs.

I hope that you and Collegegal take to JUDDD. :)

Collegegal 04-25-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16393475)
Are you switching to JUDDD from Atkins or running the two together? If you're switching, and you've previously dropped a fair amount of glycogen and water, you might want to put a Post-it note by your scales to remind you of that in case you have a little water gain after the first couple of days introducing some carbs.

I've actually been doing paleo/primal. I'm hoping this works out. Planning on doing a combination of the two.

Carly 04-25-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16393489)
I've actually been doing paleo/primal. I'm hoping this works out. Planning on doing a combination of the two.

You can combine juddd with any woe you wish. Juddd is just about the calories- the food choices are totally up to you.

tofucheez 04-25-2013 04:26 PM

I could never dream of not getting enough calories.....peanut butter and almond butter......

Genie80 04-26-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16393475)

I'm currently doing Atkins induction but hoping to try and keep to the low carb. I'm actually looking forward to the change.

Having a cheat night tonight with my BF though as he's just got a new job so we're celerbrating with pizza & beer! :jumpjoy:

SlowSure 04-26-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genie80 (Post 16394471)
Having a cheat night tonight with my BF though as he's just got a new job so we're celerbrating with pizza & beer! :jumpjoy:

Congratulations on the new job, enjoy the celebration. Are you starting with an UD on Saturday?

Spoonful of Happiness 04-26-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genie80 (Post 16394471)
I'm currently doing Atkins induction but hoping to try and keep to the low carb. I'm actually looking forward to the change.

The wonderful thing about JUDDD is that I usually call my "cheat day" an Up Day and fix it the next day with a good DD = minimal damage. You'll love JUDDD! :)

Genie80 04-26-2013 03:21 AM

Saturday will be a DD :) x

Kissa 04-26-2013 03:41 AM

Make sure you haave a good day today then with lots of great food and good nutrients to see you through your first DD.

CollegeGirl if you are doing Paleo/Primal without dairy, it is a little tricky. Are nut oils allowed? What about olive oil?

Collegegal 04-26-2013 03:51 AM

Olive oil is fine, I don't actually care for nuts. Guess I'm a little weird on that one. I decided to start with a DD yesterday seeing I got a little bit away from plan the day before. Now I just have to hold out until Saturday. It's been fairly easy so far. Can't say I'm hungry yet.

Genie80 05-01-2013 04:43 AM

How are you getting on with it Collegegal?
I'm finding the DD's easier than expected (although ended up with 890c on Monday!?!) and really enjoying my UD's :) x

Collegegal 05-01-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genie80 (Post 16402832)
How are you getting on with it Collegegal?
I'm finding the DD's easier than expected (although ended up with 890c on Monday!?!) and really enjoying my UD's :) x

It's going quite well. I do get some light headed issues on DD, possibly because I don't eat sugar plus the lack of calories? Maybe? I'm down 9.9 lbs so far so clearly juddd works. I've been adding in coconut butter, I like it better out of the jar though. The consistency seemed weird when I added it to my sweet potatoe the other day.

In other news I'm feeling bloated and fat today. TOM is in effect, one of life's inconviences. I'm just hoping I didn't gain weight. Gotta get through tomorrow then it's an UD.

Genie80 05-02-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16404363)
In other news I'm feeling bloated and fat today. TOM is in effect, one of life's inconviences. I'm just hoping I didn't gain weight. Gotta get through tomorrow then it's an UD.

Yup, got the same going on here at the moment - being a girl just sucks sometimes.

I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself until next Friday then everyother Friday after that (so always on the morning of a Friday UD) because I've got the scales bouncing up and down at the moment and it's not doing great with my motivation.

Take Care x

Carly 05-02-2013 03:08 AM

For anyone struggling with the bounce http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...d-anymore.html

Genie80 05-02-2013 03:14 AM

Thank you Carly.
You are an inspiration x

Collegegal 05-02-2013 03:14 AM

I hear you.... I only weigh after a DD. I never have the guts to weigh after an UD. Lol

LiLi914 05-02-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collegegal (Post 16404704)
I hear you.... I only weigh after a DD. I never have the guts to weigh after an UD. Lol

Everyone is actually different. A few of us have found that we tend to have our woosh after a UD. I actually always see a bounce after my DD. I don't know if it's hormonal or the fact that my body stores the water on my DD, but you might want to see if there is a difference.

Collegegal 05-02-2013 04:48 PM

That's an interesting perspective. Maybe I'll start weighing every day for awhile and look into the changes.0