Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Wednesday - Plans, menu etc. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802725-dd-wednesday-plans-menu-etc.html)

SlowSure 04-24-2013 02:42 AM

DD Wednesday - Plans, menu etc.

So, here we are, half-way through the conventional M-F grind and perhaps looking for something to lift the spirits. We're out tonight to see Olympus Has Fallen so I hope that is nicely distracting.

B: slice of egg bake (120kcals) with 85g sardines (180kcals) and hot sauce (10kcals). Total=310

I have another 7kcals to get me through the day so I might save them for 4 Wasabi peas at the cinema. :rofl:

Having to frontload all of my DD calories onto my breakfast because of the leptin reset programme is the trickiest thing about it. It makes me feel that I don't have a safety net for the rest of the day.

adillenal 04-24-2013 04:43 AM

DD
B - 2 eggs with SF Marmalade, coffee with HWC
cold boiled potatoes and broth the rest of the day

Silverrain 04-24-2013 04:46 AM

I just received my pterostilbene yesterday, so I am trying that out today. I just took one capsule. Hopefully it works out!

B: Coffee, 1 tbsp half and half.
L: Nothing but water/no calorie drinks.
D: Soup.

I plan on doing a lot of housework and my Callanetics this evening. Hoping to see a drop on the scale tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!! Enjoy. :)

phoenix17 04-24-2013 05:47 AM

my DD turned in to an UD yesterday so here I go again...

B: will have a tsp of peanut butter with chia seeds (about 60 cal)
also started the resveratol (couldn't find ptero), and some glucomannan capsules which seem to help a LOT.

I am skipping lunch and then head to the airport so if I have to eat, I will hope to find at the airport something like a plain salad and roasted chicken breast (at McD's that, with a half packet of low fat balsamic dressing is only about 210 cal).

SlowSure 04-24-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 16390498)
if I have to eat, I will hope to find at the airport something like a plain salad and roasted chicken breast (at McD's that, with a half packet of low fat balsamic dressing is only about 210 cal).

Thanks to Dawn (KeirasMom) although I've never been to Wendy's, I know that their chilli is 210kcals (just in case you fancy that).

Good luck with today.

LoCarbGal 04-24-2013 08:38 AM

SlowSure, my hat is off to you for eating nearly all your calories in the morning. I think I could do it if I had to, but like you, I like knowing I have some food to look forward to at dinnertime. Safety net is a great way of putting it. I hope this leptin reset is going to be great for you!

B: Coffee/HWC
L: Iced tea/Crystal Light
D: Chicken breast? Maybe a small omelet? We'll see. Not feeling very "planny" today.

Librarygirl 04-24-2013 09:30 AM

I had a couple of sips of tea with 1 T of H&H...maybe one calorie's worth :D

Forgot my lunch on the kitchen counter, so I have nothing planned for the day but maybe a cup of broth. I also have two large strawberries a co-worker kindly gave to me (local, fresh!). :) Took two ptero this morning and have no hunger yet (@ 11:30 am).

Demonica 04-24-2013 10:00 AM

B- BP coffee, coffee with HWC (145)
L- BP coffee (95)
D- 1/4 tuna in oil, 1/2 tbsp mayo (120)

total 360

Kissa 04-24-2013 10:49 AM

I am doing regular rotations this week to top up my Sirtuin before a week's vacation.

B fruit salad skinny cappucino
L miso soup
S a tiny taste of DH's brioche (thank goodness that is all gone at last!)
D probably egg somehow. Or maybe a potato.

Kissa 04-24-2013 02:09 PM

Actually I was out of eggs :doh:

Can of tuna sorted things out. 350 :up:

Kimberli33 04-24-2013 02:41 PM

lemon water until 230pm
1 plain steamed potato @ 230
more lemon water and coffee

Silverrain 04-24-2013 04:33 PM

Well, I had some pizza for dinner. Still didn't do badly calorie-wise, and I'm not disappointed. :) I think TOM is coming soon, so my hunger level is going a little haywire. Gonna keep taking the ptero and hopefully it will calm down at some point.

phoenix17 04-24-2013 07:48 PM

I have to wonder if it is the resveratol, the glucomannan or both but today was surprisingly not so bad and I even started it off on the treadmill.

I picked up an individual serving of smuckers peanut butter that you get at those breakfast bars at hotels and for breakfast I had a bit of that dipped in chia seeds and a ton of coffee. Took the supplements too.

was super busy and not only did I not have time to eat but I really didn't feel like I had to!! It has to be those supplements!

I did eat two small pieces of candy (50 cal) while on a delay at the airport and now at home finished off that peanut butter with some celery.
Smuckers peanut butter: 120 cal for package
celery: 5?
chia seeds: about a half tablespoon so 30
candy: 50
total: 205!! I love those supplements!!!!!

Planelman 04-24-2013 08:07 PM

B:Coffee
L:Nothing - Birthday party at work with Red Velvet cake, chocolate cake, carrot cake, strawberry cheesecake, apple pie, banana's foster pie (what is that, smelled awesome). Didn't have any!
D: Chipotle Chicken Salad w/Sour Cream - 375 cal

S: 3 BCCA Supplement Drinks - Lemon Lime Sour 15 cal

Went for an hour long walk before Dinner. Nice easy DD. Don't know why they can't have the birthday celebrations on an UD though!!

Mike

SlowSure 04-25-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16390797)
SlowSure, my hat is off to you for eating nearly all your calories in the morning. I think I could do it if I had to, but like you, I like knowing I have some food to look forward to at dinnertime. Safety net is a great way of putting it. I hope this leptin reset is going to be great for you!

It's very odd. I've trained myself not to sample any baking or other 'cook's perks' when I'm preparing food, but I still find myself eating a tomato or so when I've been dehydrating several trays of them as it's the best way to check that I have the seasoning correct and that the texture is right for me.

If I made a 'mistake' like that on a DD, I'd usually just think that I'd take it off the later meal's calories - but I don't have that option this way. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm going for progress, not perfection. :)

I hope the reset programme works. If it doesn't, it's not as if eating this way will do me any harm. If it does work, it should make body recomposition and weight maintenance rather more straightforward.