Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Weird hunger/cravings???

I dont even know how to describe what is going on.Im hungry more often than usual and craving food more often too but I take a few bites and realize I dont want it anymore.Only to repeat the scenario an hr. or two later.I been off plan for 4-5 days now...and feel kinda out of control.I cant seem to get through a DD all of a sudden.
I know some of you experience this at your TOM but I had a hysty 5-6 yrs. ago so dont know if I qualify for hormonal related eating or notThankfully I braved the scale tonight and I havent gained at all,which is a true miracle after 5 UDs in a row.What could be causing this??I've come to far to give it up now!
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity

Last edited by Kimberli33; 04-23-2013 at 08:48 PM..
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Kim, I can relate somewhat to this, but, of course I don't really know. I can tell you that a while back I had a problem getting kind of anxious about the fact that I had this weird notion that whatever I was going to have on an ud, had to be "perfect"...so, I talked about it on here and thought about it a lot, trying to figure out what was going on in my head, what happened was that I realized that I was putting so much emphasis on having to have the perfect, most satisfying food on an ud , that I was sabotaging myself... now, that's just me, of course, and the only helpful thing I can offer is that maybe we do just get some ideas in our head that we don't fully understand. when you talk about it, a lot of times it helps us sort out what is going on.. I don't think I've made a very good explanation of what I'm thinking, but, remember we are changing, even about the way we think of food and eating, so , it's maybe not unusual for things to come up that make no sense on the surface, but will make sense to us after we can figure out what it is we are feeling. I found things to say like, what I eat on ud is not a big deal.. there will always be another one. and etc.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good response Jaymar. I have found that every so often I do feel the weird cravings and the "can't get enough" feelings. I just wonder if it might be diet fatigue, or your body wanting or needing some specific nutrient it's lacking at the moment. As for TOM, you may still have hormone fluctuations post-hyster. I'll bet this will pass for you and you'll be back to your normal rotations before long. Hope so!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I know some of you experience this at your TOM but I had a hysty 5-6 yrs. ago so dont know if I qualify for hormonal related eating or not
I'm assuming that you 'just' had a hysterectomy and that your ovaries are intact? In which case, yes, you're still producing the hormones and they're still fluctuating, and they might be contributing to this.

Like the others, I think the awareness of food and the timetable on which we eat it can cause us some very odd longings and periods of hyper-awareness of food. (Apparently, this does happen to women, more than men - and is sometimes associated with insomnia as it seems women are constantly on the look-out for food at times of calorie restriction, although this does pass off.)
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:14 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
With things like this I just have to ask myself " How bad do I want ______?" and "Am I willing to do whatever it takes to get there?

In my case I wanted to lose the weight so very badly and I was totally willing to follow juddd. I tried not to over analize it and just do it since I really wanted the weight gone.

I tend to think you may figure this out over time, since juddding teaches us a lot about ourselves, but you may not figure it out for a while so I'd say jump back into rotations if you really want to lose the weight and remind yourself that eod is an UD, so no really sortage of UDs and you can eat what you are craving then
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh I had/have all kinds of weird cravings. If they happen on a DD I put them off until UD (and drink a big glass of water). If they happen on UD and do not fit in what I planned to eat, I put them off for four hours (and drink a big glass of water). Usually the desire fades, but if I still want it after four hours, I eat it.

I had a hyster (kept the ovaries) 30 years ago. And with JUDDD I could track 'starving' days to three days each month. Some ladies who had their ovaries removed also reported cyclic hunger.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Hmmm,This would have been my cycle time...and yes, I kept my ovaries.So maybe it was somewhat hormonal.I feel a little better today.I think coming on here and accounting for myself is the first step for me,although it can be embarrassing.
Im also wondering if trying to combine LC and JUDDD was to much for me at this point.Im just going to try to have good EOD rotations for now and not worry about the carbs so much.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Do you take vitamins? At least a good multivitamin/mineral supplement? You're probably right about the hormonal issues being the cause, but it doesn't hurt to cover all the bases.
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Kim, I think it's diet fatigue. I took a 5 day break once and it was what I needed to feel "normal" instead of always diligently counting calories and worrying about the scale. I had fears of not being able to get back to eod rotations, but it was like riding a bicycle. There's no shame in taking breaks from dieting. Even though I complain sometimes about how s.l.o.w.l.y. I'm losing, the truth is, I've enjoyed the journey and rushing to the finish line is not part of my personality and may have ended my (dieting) journey prematurely if I hadn't taken those "breaks".

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Kim, sorry you have been struggling. But look at that, no weight gain. Now do you believe in Sirtiun?

I agree that the break may have been something you needed. You have lost a lot of weight and have been dieting diligently since January. That can be tough.

Now is the moment to take the next step and return to your rotations, not doubting yourself but with renewed vigour and enthusiasm.

I think relaxing your control on the carbs is a good idea too. There may be a bit of water weight gain but if you are prepared for a few days of that you will certainly find it rewarding to have a little more fruit and the odd treat.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote