Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Tuesday: Menu, Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802653-ud-tuesday-menu-plans.html)

SlowSure 04-23-2013 03:02 AM

UD Tuesday: Menu, Plans

First UD of the typical working week and (for me) a useful respite from a somewhat tricky DD yesterday when I appeared to be in the middle of a set for Willie Wonka, with confectionery and baked goods everywhere.

B: slice of egg bake (120kcals) with a venison sausage (90kcals), 25g of hummus (55kcals) with stuffed pepper (60kcals) and hot sauce (10kcals). Total=335kcals

L: Feta cheese with cucumber and celery. Total=200kcals or so

D: baked salmon fillet (230kcals) with charred aubergine and courgette in tomato sauce (175kcals). Total=405kcals

I'm light by about 350-400kcals so may have some strawberries at lunch.

Kissa 04-23-2013 04:49 AM

250 calories gone already.

2 gorgeous slices of a gorgeous French Brioche we had brought over for us. Got to eat it before it goes stale!

Probably a coffee while out and about.

Dinner out with friends tonight. :)

adillenal 04-23-2013 04:56 AM

UD
B - 2 eggs, 2 slices Ezekial Bread toast with SF marmalade, 2 slices bacon, coffee with HWC
L - baked potato with LF cottage cheese and salsa
D - depends on whether I ate too much at lunch. If so, it will be Skinny Dip noodles and spaghetti sauce

kimrich2 04-23-2013 05:13 AM

B - Eggs and turkey sausage, coffee
L - Low-carb wrap with turkey, ham, cheese, ranch
D - Steaks on the grill with a veg side of some sort

Silverrain 04-23-2013 05:29 AM

Good morning, everyone! Hope all of you are well. :)

I don't have any set plans, but I do know I will likely be going out to dinner tonight, so I will be going fairly light on eating until that time.

B: 1/2 a large asiago cheese bagel, .5 oz cream cheese
L: Probably nothing. I have a work meeting that is guaranteed to run long.
D: Not entirely sure yet. Very likely a sandwich and salad. Salad sounds really good right now. I may have a glass or two of wine to round out the night.

Hope you all have a great day!

Mamatomany 04-23-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16388467)
First UD of the typical working week and (for me) a useful respite from a somewhat tricky DD yesterday when I appeared to be in the middle of a set for Willie Wonka, with confectionery and baked goods everywhere.

B: slice of egg bake (120kcals) with a venison sausage (90kcals), 25g of hummus (55kcals) with stuffed pepper (60kcals) and hot sauce (10kcals). Total=335kcals

L: Feta cheese with cucumber and celery. Total=200kcals or so

D: baked salmon fillet (230kcals) with charred aubergine and courgette in tomato sauce (175kcals). Total=405kcals

I'm light by about 350-400kcals so may have some strawberries at lunch.

I love all the foods you eat :) your body has to be thankful for your choices!

I wonder what today brings? I had a pretty successful DD yesterday...altho I NEVER eat low enough calories, but that is o.k. it is just me. Onward and upward today! I see homemade chocolate and eggs, keifer smoothie, umm big salad with lots of toppings before my taekwondo class tonite!

KeirasMom 04-23-2013 06:23 AM

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
L: Banh Mi or maybe Panda Express
D: Tri-tip with salsa, haven't decided on sides yet.

DH got me some cranberry moonshine to try. I had some the other day and it was horrible by itself, but pretty good with Sprite Zero, so that will be making an appearance on tonight's menu.

Demonica 04-23-2013 09:08 AM

B- bacon, eggs scrambled with sweet pepper, CO and bacon grease, coffee with CO and HWC
L- salmon with tartar sauce, broccoli with butter, almonds
D- chicken salad with ranch

LoCarbGal 04-23-2013 09:38 AM

Good morning! I hope everyone is enjoying a delicious UD.

B: Coffee/HWC, 3 eggs fried in butter
L: Big mystery so far...
D: Vodka gimlet, grilled chicken breast, big green salad
D: There might be some calories left for a little chocolate!

JMBM 04-23-2013 10:30 AM

I guess I'm just all day potatoes. DD was yesterday at around 300 so I guess I'll eat more calories in potatoes today. Not sure where I fall doing this potato thing.

B: 1 1/4 cup hashbrowns in coconut oil w/Tbsp greek yogurt = 200
L: 2 c. boiled potato w/ greek yogurt = 325
D: Some form of potato.

Have a great day!

SlowSure 04-23-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatomany (Post 16388564)
I love all the foods you eat :) your body has to be thankful for your choices!

Well, thank you. I hope my body appreciates it. I'm introducing it to some novel foodstuffs over the next week or so as part of a low-calorie/low-fat source of protein - goat. I've rarely eaten it before but I've decided that I ought to try it. With luck, it might even make a good DD burger which would mean a nicely transportable dinner or lunch for picnics during the Summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16388622)
DH got me some cranberry moonshine to try.

That sounds so intriguing. Being in the UK, I can imagine absolutely no circumstances under which my DH would happen across some cranberry moonshine so it sounds like remarkable to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16389046)
D: Vodka gimlet, grilled chicken breast, big green salad

A vodka gimlet sounds so sophisticated - like it should be prepared for you by George Sanders wearing a silk evening jacket and dropping effortless bon mots.

Librarygirl 04-23-2013 11:35 AM

Ugh, just got back from our luncheon. It was delicious, but I ate a lot.:sick: They even had a chocolate fountain with all kinds of cake, cookies and fruit to dip.:p I feel sick lol.

LoCarbGal 04-23-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16389279)
A vodka gimlet sounds so sophisticated - like it should be prepared for you by George Sanders wearing a silk evening jacket and dropping effortless bon mots.

:laugh: Yes, it sounds sophisticated, but I'm purely down-to-earth girl. I stumbled across this drink after reading a Lawrence Sanders book years ago - McNally's Caper I think it was called. The book was okay, but I became curious about this drink he kept mentioning. The rest is history. The gimlet and I are made for each other! :love:

KeirasMom 04-23-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16389279)
Well, thank you. I hope my body appreciates it. I'm introducing it to some novel foodstuffs over the next week or so as part of a low-calorie/low-fat source of protein - goat. I've rarely eaten it before but I've decided that I ought to try it. With luck, it might even make a good DD burger which would mean a nicely transportable dinner or lunch for picnics during the Summer.

That sounds so intriguing. Being in the UK, I can imagine absolutely no circumstances under which my DH would happen across some cranberry moonshine so it sounds like remarkable to me.

Hehe, a vodka gimlet (sophisticated) and cranberry moonshine (sooo not sophisticated) both being worked into our UD menus. :hyst:

Librarygirl 04-23-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16389336)
:laugh: Yes, it sounds sophisticated, but I'm purely down-to-earth girl. I stumbled across this drink after reading a Lawrence Sanders book years ago - McNally's Caper I think it was called. The book was okay, but I became curious about this drink he kept mentioning. The rest is history. The gimlet and I are made for each other! :love:

Please share your vodka gimlet recipe. :)

LoCarbGal 04-23-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16389409)
Please share your vodka gimlet recipe. :)

Gladly!

2 oz vodka
3/4 oz sweetened lime juice (like Rose's - I use a generic brand from Fry's/Kroger).
over ice in rocks glass

YUM YUM YUM :yummy:

Librarygirl 04-23-2013 01:06 PM

Do you use a shaker? I might be making a couple of these tonight. ;) It's bf's birthday. He won't have one, but I have an excuse. :D

LoCarbGal 04-23-2013 01:16 PM

I don't use a shaker. I just pour the vodka over the ice, then add the lime juice and stir. If you pour in the lime juice first it kind of freezes to the ice cubes weirdly and doesn't taste as good. Hope you enjoy them!

adillenal 04-23-2013 08:33 PM

I had a super Tuesday UD. Ate ONLY what I was allowed and now it is bedtime. If every UD was like this I would be in GREAT shape. Night all.

SlowSure 04-24-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16390143)
I had a super Tuesday UD...If every UD was like this I would be in GREAT shape. Night all.

You are in great shape, you're just tweaking it during your fabulous maintenance. :)