Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Sunday (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802547-dd-sunday.html)

Sirtain 04-21-2013 07:34 AM

DD Sunday

I started off my Down Day with a bike ride with my Honey. No concrete food plans yet, but I imagine my standard spinach salad and salmon fillet will make an appearance. I am so glad I discovered those at Aldi(4oz, pre-measured, 100 calories, 20g protein)!

Flossyliz 04-21-2013 08:37 AM

Was very hungry this morning. :( So I had lunch, which is unusual for a DD.

Rescue plan:
L: Boiled egg + slice wholemeal toast - 210cals. Ouch!
D: Cauliflower soup with PB2 and Greek yogurt - 100cals
S: Glucochocpud - 90cals
Milk in teas - 45cals

Total = 445cals :)

grannysmith 04-21-2013 10:10 AM

I screwed up my rotation, since i realized i could fit in the important days i have coming up by being on the "other day"...so two UDs in a row, and more carbs than i ever eat...and I feel pretty danged good on this DD.

Got a pot of chicken stock simmering, so I'll have some of that, and pull out a leg quarter before it gets all sucked dry, and throw in some veg...yummm.

Putz 04-21-2013 10:32 AM

B: SF Jello 30 cals
S: small V8 30 cals
L: Campbells 100% Natural Southwestern style vegetable soup 120 cals
D: Undecided

lisamt 04-21-2013 12:13 PM

I'm struggling with hunger on this DD, probably because I ate carbs yesterday. I've decided to drop low carb for the next couple of weeks. I can manage 5:2 okay but LC has gotten hard to stick with while I'm working odd hours and not sleeping well.

So far I've had coffee with almond milk and half&half, part of an apple, and an ounce of sharp cheddar. I'm trying not to eat for the rest of the day but will drink broth and green tea.

LiLi914 04-21-2013 01:20 PM

I hate DD Sunday. I typically spend the day studying so the fact that I'm not busy running around makes me focus on food. Bleh! Woke up feeling fine and I always try to be optimistic but I am flipping hungry.

B: spoonful of seedless watermelon
L: small skinless sweet potato
D: turkey burger

I'll probably have a rice cake before bed in order to take my medication.

Flutter 04-21-2013 04:05 PM

Same ole same ole. Coffee w/ splash of skim this morning, late afternoon skinny latte. I did have 2 malted milk eggs today, though. ;) I'm at 206 for the day.

lc-chica 04-21-2013 04:33 PM

I feel like I didn't eat much today, but I spent a lot of calories on my coffee today. I like it to taste good - a little sweet, very creamy :o

Had 2 coffees instead of the usual 1, at 70 calories each. Youch!

coffee w/ creamer 70
protein shake 110

coffee w/ creamer 70

pickle 5
1 piece chocolate 17.5

half a bag 100 cal popcorn 50

veggie soup 1 cup 121

So I am at my max. Will have some tea.

Flutter 04-21-2013 04:53 PM

Vent: I am freezing! My hands, nose, feet and just EVERYWHERE are frozen! I'm so over being cold. I need spring! 45 here today and windy, I was outside watching my poor hubby & teens help my dad put his dock in the lake. They were IN the water in this craziness! I was cold just standing there. I was cold inside the house. My teeth are still chattering. Someone make it stop!!! ;)

Brrrrrrrrr

Kimmietoo 04-21-2013 04:59 PM

B- coffee with HWC 30 cal
L- 5 cashew crunch nibbles 160 cal
D- shirataki mac & cheese 120 cal
ff hebrew national weiner w/ mustard - 45 cal
shredded napa w/ Walden farms sweet & sour dressing - 15 cal

total 370; may have a SF Popsicle or two with some tea

Ready for a reasonable MD tomorrow and the three day rotation test drive

Kimmie

phoenix17 04-21-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16386269)
Vent: I am freezing! My hands, nose, feet and just EVERYWHERE are frozen! I'm so over being cold. I need spring! 45 here today and windy, I was outside watching my poor hubby & teens help my dad put his dock in the lake. They were IN the water in this craziness! I was cold just standing there. I was cold inside the house. My teeth are still chattering. Someone make it stop!!! ;)

Brrrrrrrrr

Is that the DD shivers or is it just really cold where you are? I am cold too but I think it's the shivers. I am on a work trip and in my hotel room with the heater cranked and under a blanket and considering making nasty hotel room coffee just to drink something hot.

Didn't do so good today:

B: wheat puff w/1 tsp peanut butter and topped with chia seeds: 70 cal
L: Bad me.. I had a beer at the airport!!! so bad I know!! But I really wanted it. 166 cal!!! bad choice.

D: Was so very hungry when I got here and wanted to go straight to a restaurant and drink wine, eat bad food and top it with fattening dessert. Instead I walked across the street to McDonalds and got a Cesear salad with grilled chicken and used a half packet of low fat balsamic dressing. 210 cal

456 total. I am about 100 over so I guess it could be worse. :(

Flutter 04-21-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 16386291)
Is that the DD shivers or is it just really cold where you are? I am cold too but I think it's the shivers. I am on a work trip and in my hotel room with the heater cranked and under a blanket and considering making nasty hotel room coffee just to drink something hot.

Didn't do so good today:

B: wheat puff w/1 tsp peanut butter and topped with chia seeds: 70 cal
L: Bad me.. I had a beer at the airport!!! so bad I know!! But I really wanted it. 166 cal!!! bad choice.

D: Was so very hungry when I got here and wanted to go straight to a restaurant and drink wine, eat bad food and top it with fattening dessert. Instead I walked across the street to McDonalds and got a Cesear salad with grilled chicken and used a half packet of low fat balsamic dressing. 210 cal

456 total. I am about 100 over so I guess it could be worse. :(

Definitely! No beating yourself up...still DD numbers, afterall! You're doing great!

Yea, it's from today being a down day. (the freezing everything stuff) I haven't had it THIS bad in awhile, though. It was about 45 degrees when we were outside doing all the lake stuff. (windy, too) I was just as cold INSIDE, though...and still am. I am so ready to be under a million covers and trying to get to sleep!

Deen73 04-21-2013 06:18 PM

I am falling into a DD routine, methinks:

B: Bulletproof coffee ('lite' -- lol): 90 cal
L: Shredded cabbage and chicken cooked in broth w/laughing cow: 175
D: Tilapia filet, canned green beans: 120
snack: sf jello, coffee w/milk -- 40

so, bout 430

hunger's good -- irritability in check, hahaha -- and had so much energy that I even cleaned out my closet! wooooot! :P

tobelowcarber 04-22-2013 04:06 AM

It was my lowest DD calories day ever:

B: 1 HB egg white 17 cal
L: veggie juice 60 cal, boiled fava beans 70 cal
D: cucumber

159 cal/25 gr carbs