Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDING With 5/2 - April 21 - 27 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802540-judding-5-2-april-21-27-a.html)

leonak 04-21-2013 05:34 AM

JUDDING With 5/2 - April 21 - 27
 
Another week here we come!

Everyone is more then :welcome:

Scale is being good to me too!:jumpjoy:

scalestepper 04-21-2013 07:36 AM

Good morning!

lola5k 04-21-2013 07:41 AM

Have a good week everyone x

KeirasMom 04-21-2013 08:41 AM

Morning! Scale showed 155.8 this morning, AFTER an UD. (My low, so far is 155.2 after a DD).

I normally do DDs Tuesdays and Fridays. This week, I'll be flying on Friday and will have a late night, so I'm thinking of doing Monday and Thursday this week, and having a free weekend in Las Vegas. :heart: 5:2!

Carly 04-21-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16385658)
Morning! Scale showed 155.8 this morning, AFTER an UD. (My low, so far is 155.2 after a DD).

I normally do DDs Tuesdays and Fridays. This week, I'll be flying on Friday and will have a late night, so I'm thinking of doing Monday and Thursday this week, and having a free weekend in Las Vegas. :heart: 5:2!

I'm so excited for you guys!

Kissa 04-21-2013 10:50 AM

Of course Dawn, it is vow renewal week isn't it? Have a wonderful, wonderful time.

Looking forward to tomorrows DD. I had a great lunch out with friends and won't eat now until tomorrow evening, except for coffees I hope.

mom23kids 04-21-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16385658)
Morning! Scale showed 155.8 this morning, AFTER an UD. (My low, so far is 155.2 after a DD).

I normally do DDs Tuesdays and Fridays. This week, I'll be flying on Friday and will have a late night, so I'm thinking of doing Monday and Thursday this week, and having a free weekend in Las Vegas. :heart: 5:2!

I love doing Mondays and Thursdays :)

This morning I had two people at church ask me to write down the name of the plan I follow so I gave them dr. Js book name, as well as dr. Mosleys :D Plus two more people asked about what I was doing and someone else asked if I was having my annual garage sale this year, because she wanted to buy my bigger clothes that no longer fit me :laugh:

130.5lbs this morning. After my second ud this weekend I'm going to do potato hack days on Mon, Tue and Wed, do a normal day on Thur, a dd on Fri and then an uuad on Sat, since we have a friend's wedding we're going to :)

Kissa 04-21-2013 02:24 PM

Whoo Hoo! NSVs Sara!

kimrich2 04-22-2013 04:15 AM

Had a great first week last week! No bounce until this morning, but we had birthday dinner with my dad last night (Italian out and ice cream cake) so I had a bounce that I'm sure will be gone tomorrow after today's DD. :)

Carly 04-22-2013 05:07 AM

DD today. Taking celery to work, but suspect I'll bring it back home.

mom23kids 04-22-2013 06:25 AM

Morning everyone! Just ate my first serving of potatoes for the day and now heading out to a zoo field trip with my son's pre-school class :)

adillenal 04-22-2013 06:42 AM

Ate trying 5:2 and gaining 4 pounds which were vey hard to get rid of I maintained for a month and decided to try 4:3. Two weeks later and I am up 5 pounds so I guess I had better stick to EOD and quit trying for the easy way out. I so envy those that can do multiple UD's and not gain. Proves that we are all different and nothing works for everyone. Today is a potato DD and I might just contninue with the potato hack to get rid of the extra 5 pounds that I do not want.

Lori_:) 04-22-2013 07:14 AM

After a long weekend of eating and drinking with abandon, I'm SO ready for a DD! Last week I only managed 1 good DD and 1/2 of another and still maintained, so I was pretty happy about that. I'm sure it'll take 3 good DD's to even hope to get back to where I was before the weekend!

Have a good week everyone!

JMBM 04-22-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16385973)
I love doing Mondays and Thursdays :)

This morning I had two people at church ask me to write down the name of the plan I follow so I gave them dr. Js book name, as well as dr. Mosleys :D Plus two more people asked about what I was doing and someone else asked if I was having my annual garage sale this year, because she wanted to buy my bigger clothes that no longer fit me :laugh:

130.5lbs this morning. After my second ud this weekend I'm going to do potato hack days on Mon, Tue and Wed, do a normal day on Thur, a dd on Fri and then an uuad on Sat, since we have a friend's wedding we're going to :)

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Since I had such a calorie rich weekend with pizza and cake I figured I might want to give it a try. I won't be having any UUAD's for a while, however. I'm just going to do my regular UD for Sat and Sun.

JMBM 04-22-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori_:) (Post 16386888)
After a long weekend of eating and drinking with abandon, I'm SO ready for a DD! Last week I only managed 1 good DD and 1/2 of another and still maintained, so I was pretty happy about that. I'm sure it'll take 3 good DD's to even hope to get back to where I was before the weekend!

Have a good week everyone!

That's great Lori! I only had 2 good ones last week. I tried having one on Friday, but it turned out to be around 1200. Saturday was off the charts. And Sunday was an average UD.

mom23kids 04-22-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16386833)
Ate trying 5:2 and gaining 4 pounds which were vey hard to get rid of I maintained for a month and decided to try 4:3. Two weeks later and I am up 5 pounds so I guess I had better stick to EOD and quit trying for the easy way out. I so envy those that can do multiple UD's and not gain. Proves that we are all different and nothing works for everyone. Today is a potato DD and I might just contninue with the potato hack to get rid of the extra 5 pounds that I do not want.

Bummer that it does'nt work for you :hugs:

KeirasMom 04-22-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16386833)
Ate trying 5:2 and gaining 4 pounds which were vey hard to get rid of I maintained for a month and decided to try 4:3. Two weeks later and I am up 5 pounds so I guess I had better stick to EOD and quit trying for the easy way out. I so envy those that can do multiple UD's and not gain. Proves that we are all different and nothing works for everyone. Today is a potato DD and I might just contninue with the potato hack to get rid of the extra 5 pounds that I do not want.

This makes me sad. I was sure I would gain with 5:2 and I've continued to lose slowly. I keep thinking it's too good to be true, and I wish it worked for you as well.

adillenal 04-22-2013 12:11 PM

Thanks all. I so wanted it to work for me too. Strange how it totally did not but seems to work for so many others. I guess I respond best to EOD. Now to go back and write U and D on the correct days on my calendar.

Kissa 04-22-2013 02:31 PM

Sorry Adi, but at least you gave it a go and know that it isn't for you. :(

mom23kids 04-22-2013 03:37 PM

Finally got my hands on a copy of The Fast Diet :jumpjoy: About half way through and so far what's stood out to me is tbe debate of when to eat your dd calories. The research does seem to lean towards one or two 'meals' and not doing grazing/small amounts throughout the day, which is how I did dds on JUDDD. Weight loss wise I know the small, multiple portions did'nt hurt anything, but now that I'm doing 5:2 in large part for the possible health benefits, tweaking my dds to 2 eating periods makes sense. One scientist found that 11am/7pm eating times did good things, so I'm going to give it a try :) Ok, back at it!

Kissa 04-23-2013 12:57 AM

I eat when it is right for me. I read all the things about eating windows but I need to keep that sense of freedom that JUDDD/5:2 gives me.

I often eat nothing on DDs until the evening. But if lunch or breakfast suit me that day, that's what I do. Interestingly UDs are often much the same, though with somewhat larger amounts, lol.

Why do I ever doubt this wonderful way of life?

I didn't feel happy when I saw 128 yesterday morning after my 3 lovely UDs. Yesterday was a DD no different to usual. Around 400 calories.

This morning 125.4.

This works!

kimrich2 04-23-2013 04:11 AM

My second week of 5:2, and I'm finding what Kissa said exactly what I was about to post here. I had a big UD weekend with 2 parties and was up a few. Had DD yesterday and am back to where I left off. Sure, it would be nice to see another loss lower than last week, but I'm so glad it took just that 1 day to get back there!

KeirasMom 04-23-2013 05:28 AM

I also continue to be amazed. My last two DDs were each 450 calories (quite high for me), and my UDs were often 1800-1900. Today, I weighed 154.4, a new low by nearly a pound.

mom23kids 04-23-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16388630)
I also continue to be amazed. My last two DDs were each 450 calories (quite high for me), and my UDs were often 1800-1900. Today, I weighed 154.4, a new low by nearly a pound.

:notwrthy:

On to day two of my three day potato hack. This morning's weight was 130.5 and my hope is to get solidly in the high 120s, tom starting yesterday may derail my plans a bit :annoyed:

After my last potato hack I really cut back on sugar. After this hack I'm officially starting my transition to primal eating (with a start day of May 1st) :D It will be a slow change, (giving myself three months to make the switch), and I'm hoping primal eating +5:2 +strength training and regular walking is a powerful means for good health :) Saw my next door neighbor yesterday, and seeing someone my age who has just had a masectomy is a big reality check. With my crappy family tree of cancers, diabetes, and a host of other ailments I really am feeling led to stack the odds in my favor as much as possible!

Also, I finished The Fast Diet last night and :love: it.

JMBM 04-23-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16388460)
I eat when it is right for me. I read all the things about eating windows but I need to keep that sense of freedom that JUDDD/5:2 gives me.

I often eat nothing on DDs until the evening. But if lunch or breakfast suit me that day, that's what I do. Interestingly UDs are often much the same, though with somewhat larger amounts, lol.

Why do I ever doubt this wonderful way of life?

I didn't feel happy when I saw 128 yesterday morning after my 3 lovely UDs. Yesterday was a DD no different to usual. Around 400 calories.

This morning 125.4.

This works!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16388630)
I also continue to be amazed. My last two DDs were each 450 calories (quite high for me), and my UDs were often 1800-1900. Today, I weighed 154.4, a new low by nearly a pound.

That's so awesome Dawn and Cindy!!:up: Hope it works for me!:aprayer: Haven't really been able to get a good idea if it is or not yet because I've had birthday bliss and TOM the second week of my 4:3. So I sure hope it works for me too!

scalestepper 04-23-2013 10:29 AM

Everyone is doing so good. :clap: I also think 5:2 is great, I lost 2.2 lbs after my DD yesterday. I do only eat from 12 to 8 but I just consider it setting a personal boundary which is entirely optional.
I hope everyone has another good day!

kimrich2 04-24-2013 04:38 AM

Down another 1.4 after an LC UD.

When I read the Fast Diet book I remember thinking, yeah, right, having 2 DDs a week is going to make me eat LESS on UDs? Well, it's true for me. Last night I had an amazing New York Strip and only ate half. Put the rest away for lunch today. I swear I've never done that in my life, and I woke up down another 1.4 pounds.

Carly 04-24-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16388630)
I also continue to be amazed. My last two DDs were each 450 calories (quite high for me), and my UDs were often 1800-1900. Today, I weighed 154.4, a new low by nearly a pound.

:notwrthy: I'm noticing my high bounce getting lower and lower. I haven't gone below 123, but I rarely see 125 anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimrich2 (Post 16390486)
Down another 1.4 after an LC UD.

When I read the Fast Diet book I remember thinking, yeah, right, having 2 DDs a week is going to make me eat LESS on UDs? Well, it's true for me. Last night I had an amazing New York Strip and only ate half. Put the rest away for lunch today. I swear I've never done that in my life, and I woke up down another 1.4 pounds.

Awesome and yes- DDs taught me to enjoy what I eat on UDs, but no need to over do it!

lisamt 04-24-2013 09:06 PM

I have not been able to stick to 5:2 rotations at all since Saturday. I was so tired and sore after working overtime last week, and decided I needed a break from low carb and strict calorie counting.

The last 4 days I've fallen into a pattern of fasting 18-20 hours, from 8:00-9:00 pm at night until 4:00 pm the next day. I have coffee in the morning, eat a late lunch, and then a snack in the evening. It may not be JUDDD but at least I can do some form of IF in the meantime.

My temp job will be over sometime next week, and I'll be able to get back to a more normal schedule. I was used to waking up at 6:00 am and did not think getting up at 4:30 am would be a big deal, but my body says otherwise.

KeirasMom 04-24-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16390494)
:notwrthy: I'm noticing my high bounce getting lower and lower. I haven't gone below 123, but I rarely see 125 anymore.



Awesome and yes- DDs taught me to enjoy what I eat on UDs, but no need to over do it!

My bounces have been really minimal too. It's really weird. With EOD rotations, it wasn't unusual for me to see a 3 or more pound bounce. I'm still bouncing with 5:2, but it's not very drastic.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.