Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 05:11 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
2nd Fast of the week went well yesterday. I'm doing 4:3 so I'll have another fast day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to eating today!

Had an awesome boxing workout at boot camp this morning with lots of running in between punching.

Time for some Greek yogurt & nuts!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimrich2
Stats: 212/202/160
WOE: LC + 5:2
Start Date: April 15, 2013 Restart
I've only bounced once since starting on 4/15. I hope this trend continues for me.
kimrich2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LifeIsGood2013
WOE: Intuitive Eating
Start Date: 4/2014
I am inspired by how well you are all doing. I am on my 6th DD and I am trying to figure out where to go after induction is over. The 5/2 method seems like it may be a good fit but need some help and advice to make sure it will be the right direction for me.

My goal is to keep the sirtuins flowing and possibly lose 3 or 4 more pounds. Would 5/2 allow me to achieve my goals and can I move directly from induction straight into 5/2?

I also need help with how to calculate calories for 5/2. Specifically what percentage level would I use? Then after finding the correct percentage level and getting my numbers, would I just eat up to my maximum calories 5 days a week and on the other 2 days use the DD number?

And finally I have a question that isn't related to 5/2 but to induction. Is it best to do 7 or 8 DDs during the induction phase?

Thank you!
LifeIsGood2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood2013 View Post
I am inspired by how well you are all doing. I am on my 6th DD and I am trying to figure out where to go after induction is over. The 5/2 method seems like it may be a good fit but need some help and advice to make sure it will be the right direction for me.

My goal is to keep the sirtuins flowing and possibly lose 3 or 4 more pounds. Would 5/2 allow me to achieve my goals and can I move directly from induction straight into 5/2?

I also need help with how to calculate calories for 5/2. Specifically what percentage level would I use? Then after finding the correct percentage level and getting my numbers, would I just eat up to my maximum calories 5 days a week and on the other 2 days use the DD number?

And finally I have a question that isn't related to 5/2 but to induction. Is it best to do 7 or 8 DDs during the induction phase?

Thank you!
You have so little left to lose, I think it could be acheived with 5:2. I'd just stick with your current numbers from Dr. Johnson's website and see what happens with 5 days at the higher numbers and 2 days at the lower.

Induction is two weeks and naturally has 7 DDs occurring.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimrich2
Stats: 212/202/160
WOE: LC + 5:2
Start Date: April 15, 2013 Restart
Woo hoo! Down 9.8. I really was afraid of starting this, that DDs would be too hard, but I have no problem with them at all. I love this WOE!
kimrich2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
My bounces have been really minimal too. It's really weird. With EOD rotations, it wasn't unusual for me to see a 3 or more pound bounce. I'm still bouncing with 5:2, but it's not very drastic.
I think with 5:2 I also don't eat that much every UD... don't need to with 5 of them every week. My DDs tend to be around 300, but my UDs range from maybe 1,200-1,800 the later only if we eat dinner out. That may also help stablize the bounce- not sure.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Friday...at last!

I have planned this to be my 3rd DD of the week, but I'm really not feeling it this morning. Had a rough boot camp workout and I'm starving! I'm drinking a cup of hot coffee & hoping the hunger will subside. I planned to wait until 2 and then have a Greek yogurt. 5 1/2 hrs till 2......

I have 2 good DD's under my belt this week, so if today ends up being a bit higher, I'm not going to freak out. 4 days of boot camp this week and I'll be walking 18 holes of golf both Saturday & Sunday. Lots of exercise on the horizon!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrich2 View Post
Woo hoo! Down 9.8. I really was afraid of starting this, that DDs would be too hard, but I have no problem with them at all. I love this WOE!
that is awesome, woohoo wtg!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Friday...at last!

I have planned this to be my 3rd DD of the week, but I'm really not feeling it this morning. Had a rough boot camp workout and I'm starving! I'm drinking a cup of hot coffee & hoping the hunger will subside. I planned to wait until 2 and then have a Greek yogurt. 5 1/2 hrs till 2......

I have 2 good DD's under my belt this week, so if today ends up being a bit higher, I'm not going to freak out. 4 days of boot camp this week and I'll be walking 18 holes of golf both Saturday & Sunday. Lots of exercise on the horizon!

Have a great weekend all!
Sounds like a great week for you, hope you have a good weekend too!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I ended the week still down 2.2 Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Sorry guys, I don't know how to multi quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #41

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lovely to see everyone so happy with this. Great drop Kim, almost in Onderland I see...

Scalestepper it took me ages to learn how to multi quote.

See at the bottom right hand corner it say quote, then a :+ sign, then the letter with a quill? Well, each time you see a quote you wish to multi quote click on the "+ one in the middle and it will go red as you high light it.

When you have finished reading posts you will have a few of these high lit. At the very bottom of the posts, on the right is has a blue box with Post Reply in it. Hit that and the high lit posts will appear in the order in which you selected them.

Then you can place your cursor wherever you wish to reply to the individuals. Have fun, you can alway edit the ones that go wrong.

I have had a great DD, it is almost 5pm and I have only had one instant coffee and one cup of tea.

This week I did 3 DDs prior to my holiday and I have found I definitely eat less on my UDs than I did when doing regular JUDDD. I am eating up to my calories but seldom over which as I have been maintaining for so long was something I often did.

This is what Carly is finding too. Nice.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Adi, so bummed for you that 5/3 and even 4/3 didn't work for you. I commend your positive attitude

Great to hear of other folks good results! Woo!!!

I've been doing 4/3 for the last two weeks:
M: DD
W: potato day, as many as I want
F: DD

So far, have not gained weight. I love it that I can eat all weekend. I've also found that I eat more 'normally' since I don't have that constant stress of the mind trip of 'tomorrow I fast'. Getting into a better head space, I think.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #43

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You too Luv, it is interesting isn't it?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Everyone is doing so well!! Adi, I'm so sorry 5:2 isn't working for you! When I tried it the first time, it didn't seem to work for me either. But, this last week has been a dream! I hit my second goal of 140 last Saturday!! My weekend was a reunion weekend & the food was awesome! I ate what I wanted without going over board(although Sunday I was close!!) I gained up to my first goal the first day after the weekend. Monday was a DD & the weight gain started down. Today I'm only up 2lbs from my second goal! I couldn't be happier! Today is a DD & I was so ready for it! I had 3 UD's since Monday!

This past Saturday night my uncle passed away. Since we were with my parents(this uncle was my mother's brother), we didn't leave the reunion because she felt there wasn't anything we could do until the funeral. Then, on Tuesday, I drove to Dallas for the funeral. I went alone because we had no one to stay with our son. That happens alot for us. DH stays home with him if it's something for my side of the family & I stay with him if it's for my DH's side of the family. My son doesn't understand a funeral & tends to laugh & clap when music is played. He loves music more than anything! God love him! He is just a happy young man! I am so thankful for that; but, it isn't always an appropriate attitude for serious situations.

My Dad had another surgery this afternoon to remove more bladder cancer. My sister just called & said Dad was released from the hospital & she had taken my parents to Denny's to eat. Daddy is a mess until he has his breakfast. It doesn't matter what time of day he eats it either. He will not eat lunch or dinner until he's had breakfast! lol! Prayers would be welcome for him.............

So, I've been away from the forums for all of the above reasons. I have a lot of "catching up" to do, too! I'm so glad to be back with my JB's!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.

Last edited by Shari4; 04-26-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Shari, you did so great! Wow, it really is a miracle, this JUDDD. I'm so sorry about the loss of your uncle, but glad you were able to make it to the funeral.

on their way for you dad. So funny about him having to eat breakfast. He's a man who knows what he likes!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote