Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Vacation -- what's my strategy?

So, it's come to my attention (through the remindings of my DH) that we're going on a little vacation of sorts -- just a little 3-day mini-break -- in two weeks. We're going to Saint Augustine, FL (REALLY cool, if you've never been -- it's America's oldest city! So great history, buildings, and, of course... restaurants... ). I have to admit -- I'm a little scared.

JUDDD is one of the few plans (maybe the only one) that I've been able to work 100% -- no cheating, no deviations. I really like it and I don't want to mess up -- so what do you suggest? Do I try to stay on plan? Do I do 3 medium days? Do I totally scrap the plan and just enjoy my vacation? Do I do all 3 days lc for damage-control? My head is spinning.

From previous vacay experience, I don't have a lot of faith that I can do strict downdays -- which two of the days should be. There will be a fridge in our hotel room, fyi, if that helps. I'm just nervous! What do you guys think?
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
You have so many options, but what I would probably do is: change your rotations so you have two up days and one down day, and make the down day a higher down day, like maybe 45%. You could do this by having one meal that day, for example. Then, when you come back, any temp gain will come off very quickly in a rotation or two and possibly take some friends with it. It can even be beneficial to shake things up this way. Have fun!!

p.s. it is really important to enjoy yourself on special occasions and not feel deprived. That doesn't mean you have to go nuts, but JUDDD doesn't have to be done "perfectly" to work, which is my favorite thing about it, I think!

Last edited by calichris; 04-20-2013 at 09:34 AM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
You have so many options, but what I would probably do is: change your rotations so you have two up days and one down day, and make the down day a higher down day, like maybe 45%. You could do this by having one meal that day, for example. Then, when you come back, any temp gain will come off very quickly in a rotation or two and possibly take some friends with it. It can even be beneficial to shake things up this way. Have fun!!

p.s. it is really important to enjoy yourself on special occasions and not feel deprived. That doesn't mean you have to go nuts, but JUDDD doesn't have to be done "perfectly" to work, which is my favorite thing about it, I think!
I agree.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I learned this from you, Dawn! You helped me with a wedding challenge I had back in September ... I followed your advice and it went very well.

Last edited by calichris; 04-20-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Old 04-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Good advice, ladies, thanks. It gives me exactly what I need -- a place to start my planning. I'll change my rotation, then maybe on my DD, I'll have two very light meals and then one regular -- making more of a MD. I think I'm just so nervous that if I go off plan in the slightest way, it will cause me to totally go off the rails and give it up (as has historically been the case with me! lol) Nope -- I've got a plan now!
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Honestly, you could do 3 UDs and come back and be just fine after a couple of rotations, so no worries! Your plan sounds great.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I think I'd just have fun, enjoy the vacation food, and start back up again when you get home. Three days won't hurt and the weight you pick up will very likely disappear quickly. Have fun!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I think I'd just have fun, enjoy the vacation food, and start back up again when you get home. Three days won't hurt and the weight you pick up will very likely disappear quickly. Have fun!
3 days isn't a long time if you jump right in when you get home. You can also do Fast5 and just eat 1 nice meal each day. Juddd is forgiving!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I just got back from a 4 day vacation and did a combo of all of the above. I'm not a big breakfast eater so I just had coffee and drinks until lunch or dinner. One day I knew I had a special dinner planned so I fasted all day until dinner. We did have one breakfast event so I skipped lunch that day. The other thing I did that I think was really important & significant was that unless I really wanted it, I didn't eat it. I didn't get the ice cream just cuz it was shaped like Mickey, I didn't eat the popcorn just because it came in a cute Dumbo container. Only ate what I really wanted and only when I was hungry. This was huge.
And, FWIW, I weighed the same when I came back as when I left.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
One side thought... I retain tons of water when I fly- I mean tons- swollen feet, ankles, hands, etc... Our vacations usually involve at a minimum a 3 hour plane ride both ways, so when I get home and weigh x10!!!!

I went from 131.5 to 123.2 in 4 days when I got home- that's a ton of water. I didn't gain that much fat in 5 days of vacation and I didn't lose 9+ pounds of fat in 4 days, so if you are flying you may come home puffy, but not necessarily having gained a ton of weight. Just a warning.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Deen, I've had several mini-breaks like that while JUDDDing. I just made sure I didn't go over the top while away but otherwise didn't bother about calories.

I don't eat breakfast, so I'd have brunch around midday, coffee and a cake around 4pm and a pub dinner at about 8.30 - with wine. I'm not much of a dessert fan, despite my apparent addiction to glucpuds. But I'd have had dessert too if I fancied one.

I jumped straight back into a DD when I got home and resumed rotations and all was fine. If you can do your rotations this week, the sirts should carry you though, so I wouldn't worry about the weekend. If your weight does go up a little, JUDDD will soon bring it back down - that's the beauty of this WOE.

PS: Do drink plenty of water!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 04-20-2013 at 01:55 PM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote