Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
gaining inches around my hips

my weight is 210 pounds and my height is 165 cm it was 260 before
I did low carb for about one year with 1200-1700 calories and 20-50 carbs daily
and lost only 40 pounds then i shifted to juddd for 4 months with 300-600 calories in down days and 2000-2200 in up days and lost about 20 pounds without carb restriction ...the end of the story !!
unfortunately no !!!
i then got bored and did my maths and found that my average calories intake was 1300 per day so i decided to follow approach which i can stick to forever and thought that counting calories everyday will be easier than starving every other day.
i planned to do this but actually i raised my calories gradually but not slowly to 1600-1700 per day while my bmr is 1750.. i never weighed myself this period cuz it was abvious that i didn't gain weight ..
then after two months i did 1200 calories diet and lost some weight and inches and i attended to continue in this diet but i lost my mom and had very difficult time since then my diet ruining every other month and my weight fluctuate a lot..
three months ago i did 1600 calorie diet and lost some weight but for some reason i raised my calories to 2100 for a month and shocked with the results.. i gained about 2 1/2 inches around my hips can this be reasonable if i lost on 1600 so i will likely maintain on 2000 at least how can it possible to gain all of these inches in one months...any thoughts!!
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'm not sure how it happened lyly, but I hate it for you. Possibly, you were continuing to lose weight after switching to 1600 calories, but adjusted and started maintaining. Then at 2100, you started gaining. I know for a fact that I would gain back everything if I ate that amount every day.

I am sorry for all that you have been through personally too.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
lyly, that happened to me last year.

I hadn't been dieting but my life got overwhelmingly busy and suddenly weight just started piling on and it wouldn't stop. It happened so fast, like you, in less than a month. So I know how horrible it is!

Jump right in and join us again. I'm sure JUDDD will sort you out painlessly and show you an easier way to maintain when you're back at goal.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I think with the juddd rotations we lose more inches than with other types od dieting. Maybe getting back to rotations will help get thos inches off.

Lots of and
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I'm so sorry for all you've been going through. Those pounds and inches really can sneak up on us. Like Cindy, I know if I ate 2100 a day, I'd be gaining too. I hope you can jump back in with JUDDD and get things moving back down again.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
I am so sorry you lost your Mom. I hope things get easier for you.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Lyly,
I'm sorry for the gain - that's a huge bummer. I think its funny where we gain and lose - my body just LOVES to pack it on around the middle. The first place I gain and the last place I lose! Maybe your system is doing the same and instead of evenly distributing the gain, its plunking it down right there! I guess a positive way to look at it is that its more noticeable sooner, less likely to sneak up on you?!
I can't really comment on the calorie levels you've been working with as I've never really been successful with straight restricted calorie diets for long term weight loss - my pounds have all come off with either low carb or JUDDD. But I would suspect that any amounts over your numbers would encourage your body to hoard calories - at least that's what happened to me the few times I've tried it.
Even though JUDDD does result in a daily average caloric intake that is similar to a straight calorie restricted diet, the EOD rotations make life SO. MUCH. EASIER!!! Plus this is a plan that is sustainable for the long term (I think). I've been JUDDDing since 1-21, so basically 3 months and that is the longest I've ever managed to stick to a plan without major derailment.
I hope you will consider joining us on your journey. JUDDD, and the JBs, really are the best!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote