Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #2131
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Thursday was much better. I've adopted a slightly relaxed approach of three meals under 200. Plus if I need a fourth meal of 200 I may have it. That will still be WLM for me. I think this will keep me from the. post failure COE that carries me into UD numbers. In spite of my difficulty accomplishing days under 500, I am continuing to lose at a steady rate so the higher numbers are still working on that level.

So today is another DD. I looked forward to it as I had to eat above my appetite yesterday to make my UD. I expect it to go well.
That sounds like a good approach.

I found another approach that is working for me. I read Varady's book and she suggests a 100 calorie snack and one "larger" meal. That is making things easier for me.

I pack a bunch of greens and low cal veggies tossed with a SF LF dressing for lunch at work. It is a fairly large bowl that looks like a "normal" lunch but only comes to 103 calories. Then I can have a pretty normal dinner with my family or even go out to eat if I am careful.

It fits with one of the Refuse to Regain rules that struck me too- successful maintainers (in her practice) eat one real meal per day. Everything else is just to tide you over to that main meal.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #2132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post

I found another approach that is working for me. I read Varady's book and she suggests a 100 calorie snack and one "larger" meal. That is making things easier for me.

I pack a bunch of greens and low cal veggies tossed with a SF LF dressing for lunch at work. It is a fairly large bowl that looks like a "normal" lunch but only comes to 103 calories. Then I can have a pretty normal dinner with my family or even go out to eat if I am careful.

It fits with one of the Refuse to Regain rules that struck me too- successful maintainers (in her practice) eat one real meal per day. Everything else is just to tide you over to that main meal.
Thank you. I want to remember this tip. I am reading Charles Platkin, THE AUTOMATIC DIET. Many of his suggestions are not new but if you are patient with that, he gets into some brilliant ways to put this weight loss journey into perspective. It has been mentally healthy for me to abandon the quick weight loss mentality and think along the lines of small changes I can live with forever.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #2133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
It has been mentally healthy for me to abandon the quick weight loss mentality and think along the lines of small changes I can live with forever.
This has helped me, too cici!! It's almost,if I stop trying to "beat the clock"(weight loss) so to speak, I don't feel starved all of the time!! For me, counting every morsel I put in my mouth to the point of nervous panic just drives me to COE!! Ackk!!!! Easy does it is my motto. It's helping so far.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #2134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 33 pounds down, 115 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
I wanted to let every one know that I made it through my first DD yesterday. I actually felt pretty good.
I am pretty sure I went over a little (ate another b/s thigh instead of a OMM) but really felt good. It was Sabbath dinner last night so I had to bake brownies, and spilt pea soup and loaves of squishy challah bread - I didn't even take a lick of brownie batter - but I was soooo tempted.

Today I have not been as hungry for it being an UD...Overall, after 2 days - pretty satisfied.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #2135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
I wanted to let every one know that I made it through my first DD yesterday. I actually felt pretty good.
I am pretty sure I went over a little (ate another b/s thigh instead of a OMM) but really felt good. It was Sabbath dinner last night so I had to bake brownies, and spilt pea soup and loaves of squishy challah bread - I didn't even take a lick of brownie batter - but I was soooo tempted.

Today I have not been as hungry for it being an UD...Overall, after 2 days - pretty satisfied.
wow, GREAT job!!! Super impressive!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #2136
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post

I like this tip. It sounds sensible to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
This has helped me, too cici!! It's almost,if I stop trying to "beat the clock"(weight loss) so to speak, I don't feel starved all of the time!! For me, counting every morsel I put in my mouth to the point of nervous panic just drives me to COE!! Ackk!!!! Easy does it is my motto. It's helping so far.
This! Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post

Good going!!! Great start!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:28 AM   #2137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Great so far just coffee with creamer.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #2138
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I had another great DD yesterday, which was really saying something because it was Saturday. I ran errands in the morning, but the afternoon and evening was all at home.

I had a little 70 calorie fruity chia pack I picked up while out shopping. It was pretty good and that held me until dinner. It helped to have a decent-sized dinner to look forward to and the evening went better because I wasn't hungry.

I think I am going to try to make a fruit-chia sort of thing today. There was a lot of sugar in the store-bought one.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #2139
Senior LCF Member

What is a fruity chia pack, GME?
Today is my DD and I made 4 lasagnas, a massive pile of breadsticks, cinnamon rolls...I havent cheated! It is a dinner to honor a friend who helped us out when we were having a rough time last month.
Very hard to not partake!

I have drank 24 oz of veggie broth, 1 cup of coffee with a dash of hwc. Made a lasagna with eggplant slices - will have a bit (no idea of calorie count) and copious amounts of spinach with 24 oz water. Wish me luck!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #2140
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

That is a lot of yummy sounding food. Good for you for staying strong.

The fruity chia pack was chia seeds and blackberry puree in one of those pouches like they sell applesauce and baby food in now.

My first try at a homemade chia fruity pack was a failure. I added way too many chia seeds and gelatin. Blech.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:17 AM   #2141
Major LCF Poster!

It is too early to tell how this will go but my potatoes were sprouting so I cooked them all and will do a potato hack DD.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:14 AM   #2142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I started out so well yesterday. Then at 5 PM the day went to pot and I just started eating. I know it was emotional and I was so frustrated, but I cut myself a little slack because even with everything going on in my life I have been pretty good with my eating. There's always Wednesday.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #2143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: l'autour
Stats: 206/204/145
Start Date: April 2014
I had a rough UD yesterday and went over. I was so scared to get on the scale this morning (I weigh daily and have for almost two years, I like seeing the trend over time and it helps to know if I'm retaining fluid). When I finally did, I was shocked to see it's the same.

My bigger worry was for today, my third DD. I had been "good" on all my previous UDs and I thought having gone too far yesterday would make this day harder. I was certain it was the start of me "failing" yet another diet. I just couldn't believe another DD could be as easy as the first two but so far this is exactly the same. I'm not hungry.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #2144
Senior LCF Member

I'm actually hungry today. I am trying to just learn to live with my hunger. It isnt scary, it isnt bad. It's just hunger.

I ate a can of tuna with mayo and lettuce leaves today. Then I drank some broth. Stuffed a small piece of lamb in my mouth. 2 sf candies. Yeah, I'm at 500 calories no doubt.
Yesterday on my UD I was like "food. ok." it felt so anti climatic. Now today I am not really wanting food, but I feel hungry.

Think this is my 3rd DD...
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #2145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shar
Stats: 172/158/140
Start Date: March 2014
It's 8:30pm and I made it through a tough 12 hour shift, only had 180 calories. Now hoping I can keep it under my 350 before bed.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #2146
Senior LCF Member

I ate some cantelope. Remember Shar - tomorrow you can eat as much as you want
Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #2147
Senior LCF Member

Some motivation I am. I just totally caved and ate some of the kids leftover lasagna they were going to throw away. It wasn't much..but still, it wasn't even the lc lasagna I made for myself.

Sanity is back..edge of hungers off.
Bed time is soon
Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #2148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Good day, so far.

I got all "exercised" about a topic in a meeting this morning and it has completely removed my normal hunger. I normally stay very focused and calm at work, so this was an energetic release with (for me) quite a bit of emotion attached. It's making me wonder really how much of my hunger is unexpressed feeling. I tend to denigrate expression of feeling at work. However, at certain moments, it seems important to be human. Just pondering that today.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #2149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Having a much better week this week than I did last week. Man, I don't know why, but my DD's last week were brutal. I tried something different each day, but no matter what I did, I had a hard time. This week has been a breeze so far. Not to give TMI but I think it's related to my cycle. Even when not on JUDDD, that particular week every month always brings out a monster in me. JUDDD has been making me more hyper aware of how my body and mind reacts to everything, so I don't think I reaally noticed it before. But this made me think about it, and I did notice a pattern.
Anyways, I feel more of the JUDDD magic and NSV's so far this week too. Im hoping that means more weightloss will follow too. I was definitely frustrated last week, and trying to accept it all more this week. I think I was just wanting a miracle. I'm going to Hawaii in two weeks and set a lofty WL goal. Which may have been achievable if I didn't wait till almost MARCH to start dieting. But I feel better. My clothes fit WAY better and I think I'm close to having dropped a full size. Either way, I've been exercising a lot, so I'll feel better in Hawaii (where we will probably be very active) and at least my clothes will fit comfortably. And hopfully I won't gain too much weight because we're throwing a HUGE party for our anniversary when we come home. Lots of family and friends are coming in from out of town and we're having a photographer (really this may have just been another wedding) So I want to look the best I can. That's my motivation for not letting it all go on vacation!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:28 AM   #2150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/129/120
WOE: JUDDD + <20g carb
Today is going well. I'm wondering how the heck I'm down after an UD, but pleased as punch (I think it was just my body getting back to it's "set-point" of 133-134 actually).

For me, DDs aren't too bad until I start eating. Nothing but liquids all day. Once I'm home, it turns a bit anxious. I'm planning to have gluten-free oats mixed into a soup-in-a-mug. It's 200 cals and the oats are filling. Just have to stay strong while watching tv with the DH. I know he'll bust into the snacks, since we're catching up on a tv show via netflix. Maybe I'll just hold off on my dinner until 10pm or something. That way I'll have it right before going to bed. We'll see.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #2151
Major LCF Poster!

Just having coffee and deciding how to approach the day. Feeling pretty good about the idea of a DD.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #2152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Just having coffee and deciding how to approach the day. Feeling pretty good about the idea of a DD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
For me, DDs aren't too bad until I start eating.
Yes! It's past noon, but I'm not really hungry yet. However, I've only had coffee. When I break into my lunch, I'll want to eat the rest of the day and it's sometimes hours of white-knuckle. Putting it off as long as possible helps a little.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #2153
Major LCF Poster!

Emmalisa, I am in that very spot right now. Have about 300 left for the day and my head doesn't believe it will be enough. I'm going big like maybe sauted cabbage and soup. Have been trying on spring clothes so am motivated.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #2154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
Do you guys make a list in your head about all the junk food you're going to eat to morrow? I don't really end up eating junk, but it's like I have a little kid in my head making a crazy Christmas list. In deference to your DD I will not speak of what I am dreaming of.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #2155
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Do you guys make a list in your head about all the junk food you're going to eat to morrow? I don't really end up eating junk, but it's like I have a little kid in my head making a crazy Christmas list. In deference to your DD I will not speak of what I am dreaming of.
You could use the grocery ads like a Sears catalog.

My day is going pretty well, especially since I have been home all day. That does not usually bode well for a DD.

I watched an episode of Heavy and a Michael Mosley documentary about exercise. It made do some HITT on the exercise bike that has been gathering dust. It was harder than I thought it was going to be. I got that "about to barf" feeling I get running up hills that tells me I am really doing something.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #2156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terryx
Stats: 199.6/171.8/130
WOE: Dr. Atkins/ IF / Juicing /JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 31, 2013
Very first day on JUDDD and it is a DD. Lol. 7:00 PM here and I think I made it.
Drank coffee in the morning then tried to last as long as I could before eating because I can't sleep if I am hungry. Only allowed 380 calories on DD according to Dr. Johnson's calculator.
Celery stalk at 2:00 PM, 1/4 cup leftover salad at 5:00 PM, OMM with cocoa/stevia/cream cheese on top at 5:30. I ate 4/5ths of it and saved the rest in case I need an emergency snack before bed. Can have another celery stalk too. Drank lots of water all day.
Feeling okay so far. Excited to see how tomorrow goes, 1950 calories...that is a lot so will probably eat a lot less for now.
Love reading all your encouraging posts.

199.6/171.8/130.0
Old 04-18-2014, 11:03 PM   #2157
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
to you Terry! Sounds like you had a pretty darn good 1st DD. That's a big accomplishment, and they do get easier over time. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #2158
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryx View Post
Very first day on JUDDD and it is a DD. Lol. 7:00 PM here and I think I made it.
Drank coffee in the morning then tried to last as long as I could before eating because I can't sleep if I am hungry. Only allowed 380 calories on DD according to Dr. Johnson's calculator.
Celery stalk at 2:00 PM, 1/4 cup leftover salad at 5:00 PM, OMM with cocoa/stevia/cream cheese on top at 5:30. I ate 4/5ths of it and saved the rest in case I need an emergency snack before bed. Can have another celery stalk too. Drank lots of water all day.
Feeling okay so far. Excited to see how tomorrow goes, 1950 calories...that is a lot so will probably eat a lot less for now.
Love reading all your encouraging posts.
I encourage you to get as close to your UD calories as possible. There seems to be something about the big swing between UD and DD that really makes it work, and several of us (though not all, for sure) found that we lost BETTER if we kept our UDs as high as we could.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #2159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terryx
Stats: 199.6/171.8/130
WOE: Dr. Atkins/ IF / Juicing /JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 31, 2013
Thank you for the warm welcome Carol. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone too.

Dawn, thanks so much for the advice. I was unsure how to proceed today, my first UD. I will try to eat as much as I can today. Losing weight is my goal.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #2160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome Terry. Yes, enjoy your UD and try to eat up to your UD calories, especially in the beginning. You can cut calories later if you aren't losing well or stall.

My DD is going well so far. It's early yet, so that doesn't say much. One thing that will help is an almost empty cupboard and fridge.
Closed Thread