Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #2101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Too early to tell, but I intend to have a peaceful DD no matter what. I've been letting this sinus stuff plus work stress plus busy social life mess with my food. I need to put myself and my body first. I can still get everything done!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #2102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehede View Post
Thanks Shari!

I am having a good DD so far (1pm here), I am hungry but going to hold out until at least mid afternoon, and hopefully dinner before eating. It gets harder for me once I start! I hit a post UD low this morning so feeling motivated.

Good luck to everyone starting DDs

Dee
Great job! KUTGW!!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #2103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
wondering if i should start adding some calories to my DD's. i typically do super low ones. but i've been running and i am not seeing the drop on DD's that i used to see.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #2104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Not so good. I'm frustrated today. 2lbs in almost 2 weeks was not what I was aiming for. I do know my clothes are fitting a little better so I'm hoping it's more than that and I'm due for a woosh here sometimes soon. Not so much hungry today. But very stressful week at work, lot to get done, and I'm adding frustration to that today.

Also, I think I need to change my rotations and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. I have a family dinner on sun (supposed to be a DD) and a client dinner on Thurs (supposed to be a DD). So I need to switch. Mid day tomorrow instead of an UD and make Sun an UD?
Old 04-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #2105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Not so good. I'm frustrated today. 2lbs in almost 2 weeks was not what I was aiming for. I do know my clothes are fitting a little better so I'm hoping it's more than that and I'm due for a woosh here sometimes soon. Not so much hungry today. But very stressful week at work, lot to get done, and I'm adding frustration to that today.

Also, I think I need to change my rotations and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. I have a family dinner on sun (supposed to be a DD) and a client dinner on Thurs (supposed to be a DD). So I need to switch. Mid day tomorrow instead of an UD and make Sun an UD?
Andy, my understanding is the recommended way to change rotations is to go in this order: DD, MD, UD, DD. So, you'd have an MD tomorrow and UD on Sun.

Last edited by EmmaLiza; 04-11-2014 at 12:05 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #2106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
wondering if i should start adding some calories to my DD's. i typically do super low ones. but i've been running and i am not seeing the drop on DD's that i used to see.
Colleen, you might even want to add calories to both days. If you run on a DD, I'd definitely recommend eating those calories back. Maybe recalculate your JUDDD numbers based on the next highest exercise level...?

I exercise vigorously only 1-2 days per week (other days are walking), but if they happen to be on a DD, I eat a little more on that DD. Exercise on UDs I do not eat back the calories, but I am at a heavier weight than you.

Last edited by EmmaLiza; 04-11-2014 at 12:12 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #2107
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
Too early to tell, but I intend to have a peaceful DD no matter what. I've been letting this sinus stuff plus work stress plus busy social life mess with my food. I need to put myself and my body first. I can still get everything done!
It really does take dedication to put yourself first. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
I really am coming to believe that increased activity needs more fuel, and that we may be sabatoging ourselves if we create too extreme a deficit. Play around with cals and see what happens. Good luck!

Quote:

Andy, PLEASE don't get frustrated so soon! If your clothes are fitting better, than you have lost "more" than 2 pounds, no doubt. The scale often doesn't reflect a lot of the things going on. Trust the process, and keep on going. You won't be sorry!

As for changing rotations, I have NEVER had any luck with MDs. That's just me. I would opt for 2 UDs in a row before trying a MD. Again, just me. But if you want to try it, MD tomorrow for a UD Sunday would work. Good luck!

DD here is pretty good. Black coffee so far. I really need to work on drinking more. I'm going to go get some iced tea right now!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #2108
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Good for you! I had one small margarita last night (UD) and ended up getting ice cream on the way home. I never do that!! I think tequila un-inhibits my appetite.
Good judgement is the first thing to go when I drink.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #2109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hi, all. Andy, although I sure understand your frustration, I hope you will not let it derail you. It seems like you have been doing the rotations (I would have to go back and reread). What is helping me at the moment is rereading the sticky started by Sunday. The benefits of ...fasting. I tend to lose my way when I am not perfect and do lots mote damage than necessary. What reading that thread did is remind me how many different levels of this there are and benefits can be gotten at all levels. The weight that is coming off slowly is less likely to be seen agaon. Adjusting as we go is part of the process andweight regained is probably going to be tougher to evict. Never give up is what I gey oit of it. Just curious. Do you know how many kcals it would take to maintain if you ate the same every day?
Old 04-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #2110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post

I love a cold beer or glass of wine but they ALWAYS lead to unplanned eating. Decided toleave them for celebration days. Also know I cannot eat a single portion of any salty crunchy snack food or pasta if alone so these also for meals or parties out. There are some other things that are best left for special occasions but you get the idea. I can't have certain things in the house if I want to be thinner.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #2111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:

Hang in there Andy! As long as the numbers are going down and not up, you're doing something right. But I completely understand and relate to the frustration.

If you can swing a MD, that's probably the way to go. I find MD's so difficult to keep to, but I'll be doing the same thing this weekend (actually hoping for two MD's followed by two UD's for the holiday next week and terrified of what might happen on the scale).
Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #2112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
they say MD's are the way to go, however i have never been very good at those. some people can pull them off, but it's been my experience around here that most can't. just want to throw that out there in case a MD goes haywire on you! you would be in good company
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #2113
Senior LCF Member

Wow, thanks everyone for the great advice and support. No I'm not throwing in the towel. Everyone is getting the bad side of me today so I guess I am just in a bad mood. I ran into so much trouble with weightloss last year (if you don't know, I went like 3 months without losing and then started gaining weight, followed by a bunch of tests and dr's appointments). I was hopeful that the mystery was just going to be sleep apnea, and time will tell. I'm just sensitive I guess to any weghtloss stall. I'm sure I have some metabolism issues as well, I was just really hoping all would be fixed with better sleep. But, no, I'm definitely giving it up at this time.

I think I'm just hungry too. I had a very not satisfying UD yesterday. You know when just nothing works out. I ordered breakfast at my hotel and it wasn't good so I didn't eat enough of it. My working lunch was RAW and I was with clients and didn't want to send it back so no lunch. I threw out my dinner on the road because it wasn't cooked enough and I just wanted to get home so I didn't stop again to eat. Just one of those days. I snacked enough I'm sure I hit my UD numbers, but it wasn't satisfying. So I'm hungry today, I'm exhausted from work, family issues with my brother (as usual!), my dog is going to the vet tomorrow (which makes me super anxious because he's getting really older and it's always bad news). So, I'm probably just over sensitive today. And I probably just need to eat! I was saving all my calories to have a good dinner, but, I bet if I eat SOMETHING I will feel a little better.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #2114
Senior LCF Member

I was never good with MD's either, but, I'm gonna try it tomorrow because I get a lot of calories at my weight it shouldn't be too, too bad. Anyone remember what the % is on the calculator. I was thinking it was 45%?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #2115

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
I was never good with MD's either, but, I'm gonna try it tomorrow because I get a lot of calories at my weight it shouldn't be too, too bad. Anyone remember what the % is on the calculator. I was thinking it was 45%?
60%

ETA: Sorry you're having such a rough time. I responded before I read the post before this one.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 04-11-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #2116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
It's my first DD.
Knowing that I am more of a night eater I've been trying to hold off.

Finally caved after a couple cups of coffee.

Its 2:30 pm and I just drank 24 oz of broth (40 calories) with a bit of half/half, and 4 lettuce leaves (like 5 calories). I almost feel hungrier than when I started. 75 calories total.

At dinner tonight I will have a spinach salad, 1 b/s chicken thigh with seasonings

Unless I go to sleep I have a OMM with sf jelly planned.

That will put me right @ 500 calories. This may just be my DD menu. It's easy enough.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #2117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Great I have totaled out at 200 cals and 4 carbs.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #2118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
It's my first DD.
Knowing that I am more of a night eater I've been trying to hold off.

Finally caved after a couple cups of coffee.

Its 2:30 pm and I just drank 24 oz of broth (40 calories) with a bit of half/half, and 4 lettuce leaves (like 5 calories). I almost feel hungrier than when I started. 75 calories total.

At dinner tonight I will have a spinach salad, 1 b/s chicken thigh with seasonings

Unless I go to sleep I have a OMM with sf jelly planned.

That will put me right @ 500 calories. This may just be my DD menu. It's easy enough.
WELCOME to you, and great job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Great I have totaled out at 200 cals and 4 carbs.

Andy I'm glad you're holding your own! Was today a MD then? Just remember, it's ONLY ONE DAY! You really can't make a bad decision, ok? I've done a higher DD, or even 2 UDs in a row when needing to make a change, and it's always just fine. Whatever you do, be kind to yourself, ENJOY yourself and know that a DD or two will bring things back around, regardless.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #2119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Oh, I meant to say...higher DD for me today. I was fasting no problem, no hunger, etc, but Jenna & I were out at the park enjoying the lovely spring weather (FINALLY!!), when she asked if we could stop at Dairy Queen. Ahem. 1 jr. size mint oreo blizzard later...

Whoops, sorry, it's the DD thread, I know...but hey, it was still 400 cals and within calorie limits. I love Juddd!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #2120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
lol wonderful -- those memories matter. <3

I was doing great until I actually sat to eat. I ended up eating a cup of cantelope, and an extra b/s chicken thigh. If it werent for the dressing I'd still be at 500, but I'm closer to 600 now.

No OMM for me tonight, only coffee and if anything else - sf jello.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:55 AM   #2121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Hang in there, cici! I'm feeling a bit pitiful this morning (also getting over a cold), but not giving up, either!

I think doing the MD thing is not a good idea for me. I love my rotations and have been feeling great on them. When I MD, I tend to binge the next day (UD). Until I can figure that out, I'm just sticking to my routine no matter what my social calendar is. By tomorrow, I'll have 7 days in a row of eating out dinner and some days also lunch. It's stressful, especially at potlucks, since I never know what will be there.
I'm late catching up here.
However
I HAD to comment on this, EL, I just posted on the weigh in thread that MD and uncounted days will NOT work for me, either. Rotations are the key for me.
hug,
P
Old 04-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #2122
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I am allergic to alcohol. When I drink I break out in stupid!
LOL
Old 04-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #2123
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post

I love a cold beer or glass of wine but they ALWAYS lead to unplanned eating. Decided toleave them for celebration days. Also know I cannot eat a single portion of any salty crunchy snack food or pasta if alone so these also for meals or parties out. There are some other things that are best left for special occasions but you get the idea. I can't have certain things in the house if I want to be thinner.

You are so honest and smart, Cici!!
P
Old 04-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #2124
Major LCF Poster!

Glad for my DD today. I find them so much easier than my UDs. I never feel confident in myself to stick to my UD cals so end up picking at things all day.
I have so much to learn.
I think I am afraid to use or 'waste' my UD cals .................so I never enjoy anything or have anything truly nourishing and delicious.
I am working on it.
Meanwhile: Happy DD, everyone!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #2125
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday was much better. I've adopted a slightly relaxed approach of three meals under 200. Plus if I need a fourth meal of 200 I may have it. That will still be WLM for me. I think this will keep me from the. post failure COE that carries me into UD numbers. In spite of my difficulty accomplishing days under 500, I am continuing to lose at a steady rate so the higher numbers are still working on that level.

So today is another DD. I looked forward to it as I had to eat above my appetite yesterday to make my UD. I expect it to go well.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #2126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post

Put some shirataki noodles in that broth. That fills me up! I usually use a half package to one and a half cups of broth.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #2127
GME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I am allergic to alcohol. When I drink I break out in stupid!
LOL
Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #2128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm late catching up here.
However
I HAD to comment on this, EL, I just posted on the weigh in thread that MD and uncounted days will NOT work for me, either. Rotations are the key for me.
hug,
P
Funny how some things we do are tweaks that help us on this WOE, and some things turn out to be more like gaming the system and they backfire on us. We never know till we try, though, do we?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #2129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Glad for my DD today. I find them so much easier than my UDs. I never feel confident in myself to stick to my UD cals so end up picking at things all day.
I have so much to learn.
I think I am afraid to use or 'waste' my UD cals .................so I never enjoy anything or have anything truly nourishing and delicious.
I am working on it.
Meanwhile: Happy DD, everyone!
Yes yes and yes, dear JB!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #2130
GME

I normally do M-W-F DDs, but Monday was a disaster this week so I am having one today (Saturday). I guess that is a fitting consequence.

It is barely after 7:00 in the morning, but it feels like it is going to be a good day. I don't know that I could have managed a weekend DD before, but I think I can now.

Wish me luck that my confidence is not misplaced.
Closed Thread