Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #871
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
I am grateful for the Zoodles suggestion Dawn as I love them, unfortunately I just like them a little too much right now.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #872
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'm making turnip soup w/onions and chicken broth. I don't know how it will turn out, but the whole thing is under 200 calories. I'm going to add 2 T of rice, which will still keep it under 200. So far, a great DD!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #873
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Soup sounds like just the thing to me too. I changed my mind from having just plain roasted chicken breast, to having some Progresso Light chicken noodle soup with some roasted chicken added. Yum!

I'd say this DD has been a 5. I'll enjoy my dinner, but I don't think I'll be feeling deprived or hungry after that.

Zoodles are so good! I haven't had them on a DD, for that very reason, Babs.

Lisa, I hope you can find something that satisfies and gets you through class.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #874
Big Yapper!!!!

My turnip soup was good. Not UD good, but fine for a DD. I couldn't even eat it all, although I did have a half piece of bacon and 2 dollops of FF sour cream. The only thing calling my name right now is some wine I have left over sitting on the kitchen counter. "Cindy, I'm still here...we could be relaxing and enjoying the evening together."
Old 11-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #875
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
My DD was awesome!!! I drank my cals...(425) I really enjoyed it. The only thing I could've improved on was my water intake! BUT I'm trying to make up for it now. =D
Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #876
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Christine- lol at the mysterious peppers! How did that happen?

I find I like spicy more now than before. Maybe bc I get cold more now. Dunno, but I'm adding franks hot sauce to miso soup, chicken broth, etc.

2 of my teas have chili! Mango diablo so mango green tea with chili and chili threads , and chocolate chili is chai with chili flakes (I sometimes add more).

Maybe dry your peppers, and you can grind and keep them longer?
I am a member of a Plant Swap group, and got peppers from at least two people there and one at church. So I really have no definite idea of where they came from. The gentleman at church said he did grow Yellow Bhut Jolokia peppers last year and they could be seeds from them that he planted this spring. They are insanely HOT, but I think I'm getting addicted to them! It gives me something interesting to "eat" on a DD.

And yes, I did dry some after slicing really thin and spreading out on paper plates. They were great!! I used some today just to see if they kept their heat and flavor. :jump joy: Now I'm gonna have to try it with beef broth, too.

Yesterday was supposed to be Down, but we went to the town where our daughter goes to college to get quotes on her car. She was nearly a SemiTruck Sandwich at a stop light when a truck driver rolled backwards across her car, a little 1990 Celica. The damage total was $2,750 at two different shops. I'm afraid that it's going to be totaled. Just happy the baby girl was not harmed, just terrified.

So we had lunch with our daughter, and it turned into a sort of UD, but only 1500 calories. I left with a huge headache, and couldn't even drive my car home, which was the plan after finding that hers was still drivable. So she kept my car and her crunched up mess, which she actually prefers driving. Oh, well.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #877
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm back to EOD as of today since DW is JUDDDing- again.
I guess I'll go with my regular plan of coffee then bedtime snack, but if I end up doing EOD for a while I will need to raise DDs. What a problem to have
Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Happy Friday!!

DD today! Just coffee so far. My plan is to take a slow walk at the park, get my blood flowing, I haven't worked this week so I need to move around or next week will prove difficult. I'm definitely having chicken broth and a boiled egg or two, then my favorite chicken w/ salad, Walden Farms & salsa for dinner. If I can hold off and eat the salad with DH I feel more satisfied. I really don't like to eat alone (but I do). I find that LC on DD's is the best way for me to roll...keeps me less hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
So far so good. I hope I can keep this day low because my last two DD's started out well, but I ended up eating at the end of the day. Tonight I have class and I'm trying to stay hydrated.
Good Morning! Hope you had a great DD! Triscuits would do me in, I can't stop at just a few. Were you hungry at class, or pleasantly distracted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
LiLi-- what do you have planned, food-wise?

I'm learning DDs are all about planning (Blonde said it and I heard it!)-- maybe to help with hydration, try my trick of ultra-watered-down protein shake? Sip on that through your classes?

Blonde-- I know I can't post here when I'm off track, b/c if I say I'm following, I'm a hypocrite, and if I post what I'm *really* eating, I don't want people to know I'm in the throws of an off-track/UUAD/whatever... and I don't want to take people down with me, either.

I have to rethink that I guess... but as you say, I'm here now, and it's working!

S.
Oh Soren, I so agree! If I'm away from the boards it's because I'm out of control or mad at myself...or I've given up (for the moment). Such a bad idea for me. It's better to ask for help, the most wonderful people populate these boards and someone(s) is always willing to help without judging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Well, I am off track! Made Zoodles (zucchini made into noodles) and had homemade turkey meatballs with tomato sauce for lunch. I loved it so much I ate both DD servings and a bit extra! Now I have to hang on until tomorrow morning for more food . Not the way I Usaully handle DD but I guess this gives me an opportunity to try a different plan.
Yum, Zoodles! Good job hanging on. That's happened to me before...ate all my calories too early and then white knuckle it til I go to bed (early)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I only make one serving at a time, for just that reason.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm making turnip soup w/onions and chicken broth. I don't know how it will turn out, but the whole thing is under 200 calories. I'm going to add 2 T of rice, which will still keep it under 200. So far, a great DD!
I love turnips! Every time I make them someone says "What's that smell"? I was raised on turnips and turnips greens w/ bacon or ham hock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Soup sounds like just the thing to me too. I changed my mind from having just plain roasted chicken breast, to having some Progresso Light chicken noodle soup with some roasted chicken added. Yum!

I'd say this DD has been a 5. I'll enjoy my dinner, but I don't think I'll be feeling deprived or hungry after that.

Zoodles are so good! I haven't had them on a DD, for that very reason, Babs.

Lisa, I hope you can find something that satisfies and gets you through class.
Carol, congrats on the great DD! Soup is so comforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
My turnip soup was good. Not UD good, but fine for a DD. I couldn't even eat it all, although I did have a half piece of bacon and 2 dollops of FF sour cream. The only thing calling my name right now is some wine I have left over sitting on the kitchen counter. "Cindy, I'm still here...we could be relaxing and enjoying the evening together."
Wine often calls my name! Especially when it's already open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
My DD was awesome!!! I drank my cals...(425) I really enjoyed it. The only thing I could've improved on was my water intake! BUT I'm trying to make up for it now. =D
Rebecca, yay for the stellar DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I guess I'll go with my regular plan of coffee then bedtime snack, but if I end up doing EOD for a while I will need to raise DDs. What a problem to have
Hi Carly! What is EOD? Oh wait, every other day? Eat on Demand? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
So we had lunch with our daughter, and it turned into a sort of UD, but only 1500 calories. I left with a huge headache, and couldn't even drive my car home, which was the plan after finding that hers was still drivable. So she kept my car and her crunched up mess, which she actually prefers driving. Oh, well.

Sounds like a medium day to me! That's good, right?
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Yesterday was supposed to be Down, but we went to the town where our daughter goes to college to get quotes on her car. She was nearly a SemiTruck Sandwich at a stop light when a truck driver rolled backwards across her car, a little 1990 Celica. The damage total was $2,750 at two different shops. I'm afraid that it's going to be totaled. Just happy the baby girl was not harmed, just terrified.
How absolutely terrifying!!! So glad she's ok!!! I don't even like to think about my kid being exposed to this type of thing. It's hard being a parent! No wonder you had a headache.

Quote:
True dat, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post

Hi Carly! What is EOD? Oh wait, every other day? Eat on Demand? LOL!
Not Carly, but Eat on Demand, crack me up!!!!! EOD=every other day
Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Only 10 here so of course this DD is okey dokey so far. Friday DDs are my worst, usually, because of pizza Fridays. However, 2 of my 3 kids won't be home tonight, so not sure what the plan will be. Regardless, just coffee for me all day and we'll go from there with the family's dinner plans. If it's pizza from somewhere I like, I'll allow some within my calorie count. If it's not, fine by me!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #881
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:

Good Morning! Hope you had a great DD! Triscuits would do me in, I can't stop at just a few. Were you hungry at class, or pleasantly distracted?
I've actually learned self control since starting JUDDD. Huge thing for me. Ha!
I ended up eating five wheat thins and laughing cow cheese. Class was long and tedious purely based on the fact that i was exhausted from work, but at least I wasn't hungry.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda~ I liked eat on demand. Pizza...my Nemisis. Love it, can't hardly resist it. Nobody better bring No pizza here on No DD.

Lili~yes, hard to study when you're already tired...great job on the 5 wheat thins...I'd be like...50.

A lot to be said for self control on JUDDD. One of the greatest things for me, is learning the difference between true hunger and 'I could eat".
Old 11-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #883
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Scary! Wow, I'm so glad DD is okay. A car is just a car! I think your unplanned UD was much earned.

Quote:
Oh, the sacrifices you make, Carly! I'm glad Chelly is back JUDDDing. Give her a & a and tell her we would love to see her posting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Only 10 here so of course this DD is okey dokey so far. Friday DDs are my worst, usually, because of pizza Fridays. However, 2 of my 3 kids won't be home tonight, so not sure what the plan will be. Regardless, just coffee for me all day and we'll go from there with the family's dinner plans. If it's pizza from somewhere I like, I'll allow some within my calorie count. If it's not, fine by me!
Pizzaaaaaaaa! I've had it on DDs, but it ain't easy.

Quote:
I ended up eating five wheat thins and laughing cow cheese. Class was long and tedious purely based on the fact that i was exhausted from work, but at least I wasn't hungry.
I agree Lisa, I've learned self control on JUDDD too, but Triscuits and especially Wheat Thins. A whole box. That's all I'm saying.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #884
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Today's DD is a 3 so far. I'm hungry! I had my yogurt at 7:30, and it's not quite 10:00 and I'm ready for lunch. Thankfully I take lunch at 11:30, so it's not too far off. I've been eating more on my UDs lately too, so I think it's probably mental.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #885
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I had to laugh at Eat On Demand! That seems to work for me lately and that is not always good!!

A weekend of eating, will have to watch during the day.....next week will be fine and hope to make up for it.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far...a 3. I've had chicken broth (15) and a veggie patty (80) and some broccoli slaw (30) heated up w/ a dash of soy sauce & a tsp of teriyaki sauce (15)...really good, I was hungry...now I'm drinking water to keep my tummy happy. Really looking forward to my Chicken w/ Salad!! Maybe I'm a 2....

Dinner in 4 hours....
Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #887
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm so glad DD is safe. What you ate was secondary, of course, but no problem on keeping it a MD.

Quote:
I've noticed that you do eat carbs on DDs. It would be difficult for me, but I wish I had your resolve. Like some others have said, the box would be empty. Just sayin.

Quote:
So far...a 3. I've had chicken broth (15) and a veggie patty (80) and some broccoli slaw (30) heated up w/ a dash of soy sauce & a tsp of teriyaki sauce (15)...really good, I was hungry...now I'm drinking water to keep my tummy happy. Really looking forward to my Chicken w/ Salad!! Maybe I'm a 2....

Dinner in 4 hours....
You're doing great!! Don't underestimate yourself!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #888
Senior LCF Member

Kind of excited about this DD. I started taking the antibiotics for the infection in my tooth, but my face has swelled up a bit. Needless to say I am most definitely not looking to eat much today. Tomorrow might be a killer.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lost .4 this week. Point Four.

Cindy~ I made it through! I was the little train that could. I think boredom is the worst offender on a DD. I did my weigh in, not much of a drop but better than nothing, particularly BETTER than gain.

Lili~ sorry about the tooth. Ow.

Up day today.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #890
Big Yapper!!!!

Great weekend to you too Seabreezes!

Lisa, ouch! I'm sure you'll be glad to get that taken care of. It seems like a rough way to get an easy DD!

Blonde, .4 is not so bad considering your cold/flu and the amount of inflammation your body needs to deal with. I'll bet you'll get a whoosh in a few days.

It's pretty early in the day to rate this DD, but I have high hopes for a good one.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Carol!! You can do it!!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #892
Major LCF Poster!

I'm on par with my cals... I'm adding banana to my shake instead of PB... I'm pretty happy with my DD so far! <3
Old 11-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #893
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Cindy~ I made it through! I was the little train that could. I think boredom is the worst offender on a DD. I did my weigh in, not much of a drop but better than nothing, particularly BETTER than gain.

Lili~ sorry about the tooth. Ow.

Up day today.
I'm glad you made it! Sometimes it just takes resolve and a little DD magic.

My DD is going pretty well. I didn't eat at all until nearly 4 pm. I'm having a 3rd cup of coffee now (30), and no plans for anything else. I may end up eating a little something, but not sure what it might be--I have plenty of options. I want to end at no more than 500.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #894
Senior LCF Member

150 calories for me today. Making it a very early Saturday evening and heading to bed soon.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #895
Big Yapper!!!!

You inspired me to not add anything else to my calories for today, Lisa. I won't be going to bed anytime soon, but I'm not going to eat anything else! Total: 288.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #896
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Someone said keep busy on Dds. So, I went to the dealership, and dh and I got new cars!

That took all freakin day, and they didn't even offer us coffee or water or anything!

Anyway-- pretty good dd. Saved all my cals for dinner.
Also had some melon. Right around 600 all in.

5 for the day
4 for the annoyance of the car thing. But I got a cute new white SUV... When/if it gets here
Old 11-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #897
Senior LCF Member

Awesome Cindy! Keep the fluids flowing.

Congrats Soren!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #898
Major LCF Poster!

Well... I won't be doing a banana in my shake again... It made my tummy hurt and I've had the worst burps! UUUGH!

I also got around to looking at the back of my Slimfast can....UHHHH

Can we say 22 SUGARS?!?!?!?!?! I ran to Walmart and got my self some whey protein powder! It's got 170 cals 2 sugars and 30 grams of protein! I'm working on getting some powdered peanut butter! Any suggestions?
Old 11-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #899
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Ya'll!!

Awesome DD numbers! 150? 288? WOW!

My DD has started rather early, it's 3am here on the West Coast...insomnia reigns. I had a bit too much wine (three glasses) woke up dying of thirst! So I'm fiddling on the computer and hoping to go back to bed shortly...at least I know I'm hydrated now.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #900
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soren, congrats on the new cars! How fun!!! (but ridiculous you got nothing to drink in all that time? Crazy!)

Go DD peeps, go! Mine may turn in to an UD since I have a bridal shower to go to. Or maybe not...we'll see what the food looks like.
Closed Thread