Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tobelowcarber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,555
Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
So far it is 5. Although I have a bad headache from the food I ate yesterday.
Today I had a big LR breakfast and I am still full after 6 hrs.
tobelowcarber is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member
 
DaSHMith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 89
Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
eh, maybe a 4 so far. Drinking lots of water (per usual). Have given up sugar-free gum as the chewing, while satsifying, seems to increase my hunger and desire to eat. My experience is that it might destroy the "calm" of fasting and the fake sugar in it may ping my sugar cravings.

Any thoughts on this? Would love some feedback from the community.
DaSHMith is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
Never Too Late's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 147
Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/Restart 265/Goal 130/Dream Wght 118
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 3/21/13; Restarted JUDDD 6/24/14
It's going pretty well. Trying valiantly to keep the count below 500. Thank goodness for stir fried cabbage and diet jello!

Cyn
Never Too Late is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,258
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Eh, the late morning/early afternoon us usually hard for me. That part of the day gets a 3.
Good luck with the remainder of the day. Is it hunger/stress/boredom that makes the earlier part of the day difficult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
So far it is 5. Although I have a bad headache from the food I ate yesterday.
Today I had a big LR breakfast and I am still full after 6 hrs.
I hope the headache passes in a timely fashion. Good for you on managing the breakfast so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
eh, maybe a 4 so far. Drinking lots of water (per usual). Have given up sugar-free gum as the chewing, while satsifying, seems to increase my hunger and desire to eat. My experience is that it might destroy the "calm" of fasting and the fake sugar in it may ping my sugar cravings.

Any thoughts on this? Would love some feedback from the community.
I used to use SF chewing gum if I'm not sleeping as I need a taste in my mouth to deter me from eating anything, sometimes. It didn't make me hungry and I could chew the same piece for several hours. I suppose it all comes down to what we're sensitive to.

This may not be useful to you but unless I need the mint taste to cut the metallic taste in my mouth, I now find that drinking green or jasmine tea with a few drops of rose water or kewra/screwpine water is very pleasant and doesn't make me want anything else. (I can't speak to it cutting hunger though as I haven't really been hungry since early March.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
It's going pretty well. Trying valiantly to keep the count below 500. Thank goodness for stir fried cabbage and diet jello!
Best wishes for the rest of the day and yes- foods for which we are thankful.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member
 
DaSHMith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 89
Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
thanks so much for your feedback SlowSure
DaSHMith is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,836
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That was a true 5*.

I don't chew gum as a rule but I do know that artificial sweeteners can be a trigger for some people.

Have you tried the Gluc (I haven't myself) or Psyllium husk capsules, which use when I feel hungry sometimes?

Last edited by Kissa; 04-26-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,453
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
4 for JUDDD and 3 for the day in general. I've been a little hungry this morning and am just now (12:30pm) having my first calories via coffee/HWC. My morning went to heck when I tried to shut the main water valve off to my house to do a small and simple repair in the bathroom. Got the water almost turned all the way off, but still trickled. Decided to give it up for the day and just turn the water back on. Nope. Main shut off valve is shot. Handyman coming in an hour or so. Morning shot to you-know-what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
eh, maybe a 4 so far. Drinking lots of water (per usual). Have given up sugar-free gum as the chewing, while satsifying, seems to increase my hunger and desire to eat. My experience is that it might destroy the "calm" of fasting and the fake sugar in it may ping my sugar cravings.

Any thoughts on this? Would love some feedback from the community.
I used to chew gum daily, but for some reason rarely do anymore. Anyway, I did feel like it made me feel hungry in my stomach. I always thought it might be because I was swalling tiny air bubbles all day and it made me feel empty. I have no idea though!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 440
Gallery: tofucheez
Dash-

I used to chew s/f gum all day long...literally. It never made me hungry. Now, it makes me absolutely ravenous no matter what the flavor.....so I stay far away! Crazy, because I loved it.
tofucheez is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,836
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
LCG that kind of day is soooo annoying.
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member
 
Scarlett46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 618
Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
OK… So I’m a newbie, just jumping right in here…
Wednesday was my first DD, and it went pretty well, so today is my second! It’s been about a 3-4. Most of the time it’s really a 4 so far. I have a few fleeting moments at level 3. Flavored water really helps me out a ton! If it’s plain, I’m lucky if I drink 8 oz all day long, something about it makes me feel like I’m choking on it. But if it’s got a bit of flavor (I use the generic version of the MIO drink flavoring) I’m good, and can drink anywhere from ˝ to a full gallon per day. And the flavor really does the trick when I’m starting to feel hungry. It’s 3:30, and I’m just eating my first food – yogurt with some oat bran mixed in.

My first DD made for a pretty tough P90X workout. We’ll see if it’s any easier to push through tonight.
Scarlett46 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #71
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,836
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I drink lemon/lime flavoured water too, makes so much difference to me. Sounds as if you are doing well Scarlett.
Kissa is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,258
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
thanks so much for your feedback SlowSure
You're welcome.

It's not legal to import konnyaku jellies into either the US or the UK but they are a very low calorie chew that can be remarkably satisfying. (Before they were banned as a potential choking hazard for some demographics, I used to have colleagues who would hand these out after a trip home to Thailand/Japan/Malaysia etc.)

There's been a recent attempt to reproduce the jellies in the glucomannan thread:
Glucomannan Recipes

A very lovely version of these jellies is made with mango but for our purposes, something that would set with a SF flavour or syrup would be very helpful.

have you had the Phillipino nata de coco? Nata de coco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has about 100kcals per 100g and the cubes are tiny but a really good chew - the fibre etc. is also very helpful.

Of course these aren't helpful suggestions if it's the chewing rather than the sweeteners that are a hunger trigger for you.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-26-2013 at 01:39 PM..
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
DaSHMith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 89
Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
Dash-

I used to chew s/f gum all day long...literally. It never made me hungry. Now, it makes me absolutely ravenous no matter what the flavor.....so I stay far away! Crazy, because I loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
You're welcome.

It's not legal to import konnyaku jellies into either the US or the UK but they are a very low calorie chew that can be remarkably satisfying. (Before they were banned as a potential choking hazard for some demographics, I used to have colleagues who would hand these out after a trip home to Thailand/Japan/Malaysia etc.)

There's been a recent attempt to reproduce the jellies in the glucomannan thread:
Glucomannan Recipes

A very lovely version of these jellies is made with mango but for our purposes, something that would set with a SF flavour or syrup would be very helpful.

have you had the Phillipino nata de coco? Nata de coco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It has about 100kcals per 100g and the cubes are tiny but a really good chew - the fibre etc. is also very helpful.

Of course these aren't helpful suggestions if it's the chewing rather than the sweeteners that are a hunger trigger for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post


I used to chew gum daily, but for some reason rarely do anymore. Anyway, I did feel like it made me feel hungry in my stomach. I always thought it might be because I was swalling tiny air bubbles all day and it made me feel empty. I have no idea though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
That was a true 5*.

I don't chew gum as a rule but I do know that artificial sweeteners can be a trigger for some people.

Have you tried the Gluc (I haven't myself) or Psyllium husk capsules, which use when I feel hungry sometimes?
Thanks everyone for the feedback on sugar free gum chewing. I think giving it up might be the smartest thing for me. Also excited to see the make-your-own-gummy info!
DaSHMith is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tobelowcarber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,555
Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Scarlett

LCG- that's a bummer
tobelowcarber is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #75
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 56
Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
My first DD started Thursday... 11 more hours and I'm on my UD. So far it's went great! I've even been sleeping great! I had a few moments of irritability up at the college today... But if that's the worst I've got I'll take it. Did a 6 mile walk this morning and in the afternoon I went to one of the state parks and did 2.5 miles of hiking. The trail had a lot of hills which wore me out a bit.
Collegegal is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,898
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
My DD has gone OK. I had a sort-of MD yesterday as an experiment and it turned into a lower UD. I have been especially hungry today, as a result, I believe. I had a wrap at McDonalds around 4 pm and it brought me up to 372 cals for the day. I think I'm going to also have some grapenuts w/almond milk and call it a day. Higher than I'd like, but nowhere near ruined.

ETA: I had half-way decided to eat whatever I felt like tonight, but I tried on a tee shirt that I bought today at Goodwill...it was tight and showed every roll in my tummy. After that, I was content to keep it a DD.
__________________


"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."


"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-26-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,453
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yay Grapenuts! Sorry the t-shirt was a bust (no pun intended) for now anyway, but great that it gave you the motivation to stick to it. And anyway, it'll be fitting beautifully soon.
LoCarbGal is online now  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member
 
alusiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
Gallery: alusiq
Stats: 156/151.8/140
WOE: JUDDD, counting calories
Start Date: April 21, 2013
So it's 4 am right now and I just woke up... It was my 3 dd yesterday. I woke up semi hungry which happened to me since the beginning. I went to the kitchen and ate a Persian bread!!

Ok.. I didn't weigh it down but this time it was a much bigger piece than before. To be safe I counted it if as 300 calories.

I know it takes time and self discipline not to reach for food but rather water in the middle of the night but have you this type of situations? I'm half asleep so
I hope this make sense. Now I'm more comfortable than ever to faLl asleep again!!
I really wanna lose my weight

Cheers!!!
alusiq is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,258
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alusiq View Post
I know it takes time and self discipline not to reach for food but rather water in the middle of the night but have you this type of situations? I'm half asleep so
I hope this make sense. Now I'm more comfortable than ever to faLl asleep again!!
Insomnia is not uncommon on DDs.

It might be helpful to have a plan for what you can distract yourself with such as SF chewing gum, a flavoured tea, or a Tic Tac if you need a flavour and listening to some music won't be enough. If you need something more substantial than a mug of broth might be helpful (there are some recommended brands in various threads including
Low(ish) Carb DD Staples

Down Days recipes ONLY

Or Flossyliz's glucomannan pudding is a filling lowish-calories stand-by that would allow you to eat something without going too greatly outside your allowance.

Overall, however, this will happen, as Nancy (gotsomeold) says, it's no big deal - you learn if you can do anything differently if this happens again and just move on to your next rotation.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-27-2013 at 02:34 AM..
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 938
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Just woke up and heading out for a walk soon. I've found that I really enjoy Saturday DD's. Something about having them on Friday & Sunday I really hate so every other week I dread Friday & Sunday. Trying to get a handle on that.

Had a crazy week so I'm looking forward to a relaxed day. Happy productive DD to everyone!
LiLi914 is online now  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,898
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alusiq View Post
So it's 4 am right now and I just woke up... It was my 3 dd yesterday. I woke up semi hungry which happened to me since the beginning. I went to the kitchen and ate a Persian bread!!

Ok.. I didn't weigh it down but this time it was a much bigger piece than before. To be safe I counted it if as 300 calories.

I know it takes time and self discipline not to reach for food but rather water in the middle of the night but have you this type of situations? I'm half asleep so
I hope this make sense. Now I'm more comfortable than ever to faLl asleep again!!
I really wanna lose my weight
Yes, this happened to me a few times too. It will get easier, I promise. For now, don't worry about slip ups. Just keep on keeping on, and before you know it you'll be down another pound (or more)!

I had some broth last night before bed that was especially salty/concentrated (I didn't use much water). I hope that's the reason I didn't lose but 1 lb today.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-27-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,898
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yay Grapenuts! Sorry the t-shirt was a bust (no pun intended) for now anyway, but great that it gave you the motivation to stick to it. And anyway, it'll be fitting beautifully soon.
I did eat the grapenuts (1/4 c. and 1/2 c. almond milk = 115 cals). I was right at 500 cals with a cup of broth later too. Unfortunately, now I am only .2 lower than last month.
Librarygirl is online now  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 938
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alusiq View Post
So it's 4 am right now and I just woke up... It was my 3 dd yesterday. I woke up semi hungry which happened to me since the beginning. I went to the kitchen and ate a Persian bread!!

Ok.. I didn't weigh it down but this time it was a much bigger piece than before. To be safe I counted it if as 300 calories.

I know it takes time and self discipline not to reach for food but rather water in the middle of the night but have you this type of situations? I'm half asleep so
I hope this make sense. Now I'm more comfortable than ever to faLl asleep again!!
I really wanna lose my weight

Cheers!!!
I'm sure this has happened to a bunch of us. Don't beat yourself about it. As time goes by you won't need that piece of bread and you'll reach for the water or a diet ice tea just to kill the craving.
LiLi914 is online now  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member
 
alusiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
Gallery: alusiq
Stats: 156/151.8/140
WOE: JUDDD, counting calories
Start Date: April 21, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Yes, this happened to me a few times too. It will get easier, I promise. For now, don't worry about slip ups. Just keep on keeping on, and before you know it you'll be down another pound (or more)!

I had some broth last night before bed that was especially salty/concentrated (I didn't use much water). I hope that's the reason I didn't lose but 1 lb today.
Thank you for all the answers! Broth sounds interesting. Yesterday I bought some powder soups that are 60 calories per cup. Will see how it goes!

Its kinda awesome that when i have my DD i am not hungry until 4 pm and when i have my UP i eat around 12! Love JUDDD!!!!
alusiq is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!
 
Demonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eastern Indiana
Posts: 1,463
Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
So far a 5 The ACV tonic is helping ALOT!!!
Demonica is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 271
Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
Not great! 2-3
Right now I am fine (it's almost bed time) but the day was rough, evening time mainly (always been my difficulty for any diet). My last good DD was so easy, I wish they all were that way. Oh well, tomorrow is a UP day and today is almost over, phew!

When I am "in the moment" I am thinking I am soooooo hungry, but once the night comes, like right now, I think back and view it as more mental than anything. I just tell myself "I'll get over it." LOL. And trying to stay busy!
lc-chica is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,664
Gallery: adillenal
I think a 4 today. I experienced some hunger in the afternoon but I took a nap instead since I was so tired from my Saturday goat show. I have been drinking a lot of water today. Was just plain thirsty.
adillenal is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,258
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
5 for appetite but 3 for everything else as I'm dragging with tiredness. I've managed to fill the dehydrator with tomatoes and I've prepared the stew for Tuesday's and Thursday's UD dinners.

I should plant up my wallflowers but I'm ready for bed though it's not yet 9pm.

Best wishes for everyone's DD.
SlowSure is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member
 
MelNouveau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oregon
Posts: 480
Gallery: MelNouveau
This is my second DD, and I'd say I'm at about a 4.5 right now. It's about 1 PM and I haven't had anything to eat yet (although even before JUDDD it was uncommon for me to eat before noon), and I'm starting to feel like I should find a little something to tide me over. Overall, though, I feel really good and things are going well!
MelNouveau is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
DaSHMith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 89
Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
I am giving it a 4 so far. Tried to do a DD yesterday,but it ended up being a MD. I started eating too early in the day. I find that I am much more able to stick to DD calories if I am out of the house, don't have food with me and don't starting eating until (at least) the afternoon. I had my first calories yesterday at about 10:15 am and finished eating around 4:30 PM.

Got on the scale this morning expecting the number to have stayed the same, but was pleasantly surprised to see the number go down .5.

Yesterday, I cut off eating by 4:30 PM. I think this definitely helps the scale. Noticing the drops the last couple of times I have cut off eating earlier in the day, I started investigating Fast 5 and other IF threads as well as Carbohydrate Addicts Diet (CAD) on this board as well as on their dedicated websites. After the research, I am thinking that it might be worth incorporating an eating window as well as keeping my heavy carb-eating to a one hour windows (as suggested in the CAD plan).
__________________
DaSHMith

DaSHMith is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.