Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #481
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DestinClair1983
Stats: 284.6/225.4/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarting JUDDD 2/1/2014
My DD is going all right so far. I blew it big time over the weekend. Saturday was an UD for me, but it turned out to be a binge day unfortunately Sunday also turned into an UD, so not doing great at all so far. So I'm finally back on track today, and hoping I can pull through the rest of the day on this DD.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
you can do it, destin!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #483
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie124 View Post
DDs have finally gotten better for me! Thanks to everyone who gave me advice earlier in this thread. I think it was just an adjustment thing because my last 2 have been much, much better. Hooray! I'm glad I powered through.
I'm so glad they're getting better! It's hard to believe it can be true in the first DDs, but they do finally get easier. Now you're really on your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
DD going well. On a scale on 1-5 I'm a solid 5. Yesterday turned out to be a MD instead of an UD. Just didn't feel like eating much. MD's are where I am most comfortable. DD's are sometime's a struggle and so are UDs on occasion; unless I am having Wine...then it's not a problem at all.
I think you'll find that if you don't eat close to your UD calories, you DDs may continue to be harder. Going into a DD well fueled from the previous day is so crucial. It's worth it to make a concerted effort to get them in, and if it takes a little wine to get there, well then !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I have only been managing on average one DD per week or so for maybe the last 8 weeks or so and today I really need it after a very indulgent weekend. I am hungry but managing just fine but my head is just not in the game. I just don't want to be dieting right now - I resent it. I also don't want my clothes to feel tight and I still have a bunch of weight to lose so it is a lose-lose scenario playing in my head. So a 4 for belly hunger and a 1 for head resentment for me. I need to find some of that motivation I used to have and that got me through 18 months of slooooow losses. Now it seems I just can't be bothered. Ugh.
I hate that you're feeling that way TJ. I think we all hit points where we're just tired of battling the weight issues. I think Melinda is right, a maintenance break may be just what you need. You probably feel like you're doing a maintenance break, but the mental release of a consciously made decision to ease up can be so helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinClair1983 View Post
My DD is going all right so far. I blew it big time over the weekend. Saturday was an UD for me, but it turned out to be a binge day unfortunately Sunday also turned into an UD, so not doing great at all so far. So I'm finally back on track today, and hoping I can pull through the rest of the day on this DD.
It's okay DestinClair! Sometimes there are hiccups, but getting back to it is the cure. You can do it!

Melinda, you are just one of the sweetest cheerleaders out there!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #484
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Carol.

May I be really lazy and simply say, "What she said!".
Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Kissa, love your new avi!

Ate a couple of cookies today, and then looked at the calories. EEEk 180 for two Note to self: always check the calories first

I will keep it under 500 today, a really high DD for me. I rate today 3.5 due to tripping with my calories. Not feeling hungry since I ate the cookies though, so that's good
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #486
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JemHazel
Stats: 180/180/125
Start Date: July 2013
Hello Everyone!

I am fairly new to JUDDDing and today is my second DD... so far so good. It helps so much to be busy at work... hardly time to think about being hungry. Hope it goes as well when I go home tonight... that's when the munchies kick in!

My first DD was a bit tough... got a migraine but I rode it out and got through it. Was hoping today wouldn't be the same... no headache YAY... just feel super tired. Maybe after dinner I'll get a burst of energy.

So far today I've had 300 cals and a nice walk at lunch which burned 130 cals off so tonight I get to have a decent sized dinner... 330 cals... WOO HOO!!

Thanks all for reading my ramblings... so glad I found this supportive forum and of course the JUDDD Diet.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #487
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I have only been managing on average one DD per week or so for maybe the last 8 weeks or so and today I really need it after a very indulgent weekend. I am hungry but managing just fine but my head is just not in the game. I just don't want to be dieting right now - I resent it. I also don't want my clothes to feel tight and I still have a bunch of weight to lose so it is a lose-lose scenario playing in my head. So a 4 for belly hunger and a 1 for head resentment for me. I need to find some of that motivation I used to have and that got me through 18 months of slooooow losses. Now it seems I just can't be bothered. Ugh.
You know I understand, GF! It's been a challenge to me to stick to dieting too, and I had a few weeks of only managing two or three DDs a week. Seems like every time I get on a roll of losing a bit more than usual, the F it bug bites me again. How counterintuitive! I think it's my fat brain trying to tell me I'm okay like I am...at least I lost 30 lbs, it's just too hard and I'll never get to 70+ lbs lost. Besides, if I did get to 135 lbs and I still didn't look that great, older, and my life wasn't perfect still, what good was it? That's the thoughts I get sometimes, and I guess we all have some of that. Just wanted to say that I get it. I truly do. When you're ready (and I am), we'll get it done. We just have to, because these JB's won't let us give up.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #488

TJ, Cindy, you are so wonderful to just keep on keeping on, I know it is so tough sometimes. But the alternative is not pretty! You will get there, more slowly than some but you are going to announce goal on here I am certain. Just sending you hugs (and a kick in the pants if you want it....).

My fist DD since Friday which to be honest was more of a medium day. Really looking forward to some veggie soup I prepared yesterday. I cleaned out our fridge so this was all the left overs. Always the best ones.

I hope it will be a 5.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Y Seems like every time I get on a roll of losing a bit more than usual, the F it bug bites me again
Am I the only person who read this as Fitbug and thought, 'Wow, you can get a fitness monitor that bites you?' (I assumed bite = tiny electric shock).
Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Oh slowsure you just cracked me up!That was a good one. Cindy your right we are not going to give up on you. It's very hard to diet if you head doesn't want to. I know because I have been there many times. Stop and think for a min. When I left last sat. to go on vacation you were telling us you had just hit 30 lbs. That is a big step right there. I would give my eye teeth to be there. You have came a long way girl. If you give up now you will gain all of that back and you do not want to do that. When I left last week I said I was going to eat what I wanted all week and I knew from the last few years that If I did that I would gain the 10 I had just lost but with what some of the girls said about doing 2 rotations and they were back down I decided to go ahead and eat. NOW here is what happened. My skinny sister who diets every day and works out in a gym all the time loves to eat donuts on vacation. It is the only time she does this. I knew if I said no she would be sad that she could not enjoy her only week of guiltless eating. I tried to eat lowcarb last year and she would not eat the donuts in front of me so there for I saw how sad she was trying to not eat infront of me. So this year I said I can do this I can jump right back on as soon as I get back. I gained 4 lbs while I was gone and I had a 2 lb. bounce the day I left because it was a up day so as I see it I gained a total of 6 lbs. Now if I can start back up at 4 lbs lost for my whole time here which is a little over 6 weeks I think you can keep that 30 lbs. off and keep going. I loose very slow too when I am mind struggleing.

I feel a big difference in the way I feel today and last week. I felt really bad all last week in my body. To day after a up day I feel great. I felt real skinny when I stood up out of bed. I usually don't feel that except after down days. What I was feeling was not over stuffing my self the day before. I ate my high number and that was it. My body was saying thank you for not going overboard this week with the donuts and other foods.

You can do this Cindy do not give up or you will gain weight the first week you over eat. If not the first week it will happen soon after and then when you gain that 30 back you will be so down and wonder why you did not keep going on. I know it is hard to have to diet all the time but on JUDDD you only do it every other day. That in its self if freeing. Please Please do not give up. If I can loose on this after dieting all my life and I am 63 you can do this at your age. And you will be so proud of your self when it is done. You all ready feel so different then you did 30 lbs. ago. You have to! I felt so different when I left last weekend. I want that feeling back and I am going to work hard this week to get there again. Come on we can both do this together. I love you girl. I am behind you 200%. Lets keep going. Judy
Old 07-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #491

Judy, what really lovely, encouraging post.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Thanks - Cindy(s), Carol, Melinda -- everyone. You guys are the best. No, I am not maintaining on my pathetic attempts to diet. I am sure I am gaining but I am too chicken to step on the scale and find out. I really don't need to because we all know - the pants don't lie and mine are tight.

I managed a 400 calorie day yesterday and so far am in good control. I brought healthy, low cal options to work with me and am shooting for a 1700-1800 calorie day today. If I get 3 good DDs in this week I will call that a huge victory. Especially since I have tons of family visiting and will be on a beach vacation for most of the next week, starting tomorrow. Thanks again for your support. I hope this is a temporary dip in motivation and not the start of yet another regain in my yo-yo diet history. I want to avoid that but need to muster the fortitude I don't seem to have right now. Ugh.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #493

Fortitude mustering definitely in order.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Awesome post Judy!

I haven't been hungry today. Just ate lunch and heading to the gym this evening. The issue I'm having today is that I have a headache and I am grumpy.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #495
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Am I the only person who read this as Fitbug and thought, 'Wow, you can get a fitness monitor that bites you?' (I assumed bite = tiny electric shock).
I think you may be the only one, Slow. Thanks for the giggle.

I am having a good DD today, if not eating = good. Plus, I am not having that gnawing hunger thing either. I do feel a little dizzy, but that might be somewhat normal for me.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 07-30-2013 at 12:18 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #496
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Oh slowsure you just cracked me up!That was a good one. Cindy your right we are not going to give up on you. It's very hard to diet if you head doesn't want to. I know because I have been there many times. Stop and think for a min. When I left last sat. to go on vacation you were telling us you had just hit 30 lbs. That is a big step right there. I would give my eye teeth to be there. You have came a long way girl. If you give up now you will gain all of that back and you do not want to do that. When I left last week I said I was going to eat what I wanted all week and I knew from the last few years that If I did that I would gain the 10 I had just lost but with what some of the girls said about doing 2 rotations and they were back down I decided to go ahead and eat. NOW here is what happened. My skinny sister who diets every day and works out in a gym all the time loves to eat donuts on vacation. It is the only time she does this. I knew if I said no she would be sad that she could not enjoy her only week of guiltless eating. I tried to eat lowcarb last year and she would not eat the donuts in front of me so there for I saw how sad she was trying to not eat infront of me. So this year I said I can do this I can jump right back on as soon as I get back. I gained 4 lbs while I was gone and I had a 2 lb. bounce the day I left because it was a up day so as I see it I gained a total of 6 lbs. Now if I can start back up at 4 lbs lost for my whole time here which is a little over 6 weeks I think you can keep that 30 lbs. off and keep going. I loose very slow too when I am mind struggleing.

I feel a big difference in the way I feel today and last week. I felt really bad all last week in my body. To day after a up day I feel great. I felt real skinny when I stood up out of bed. I usually don't feel that except after down days. What I was feeling was not over stuffing my self the day before. I ate my high number and that was it. My body was saying thank you for not going overboard this week with the donuts and other foods.

You can do this Cindy do not give up or you will gain weight the first week you over eat. If not the first week it will happen soon after and then when you gain that 30 back you will be so down and wonder why you did not keep going on. I know it is hard to have to diet all the time but on JUDDD you only do it every other day. That in its self if freeing. Please Please do not give up. If I can loose on this after dieting all my life and I am 63 you can do this at your age. And you will be so proud of your self when it is done. You all ready feel so different then you did 30 lbs. ago. You have to! I felt so different when I left last weekend. I want that feeling back and I am going to work hard this week to get there again. Come on we can both do this together. I love you girl. I am behind you 200%. Lets keep going. Judy
Thank you so much, Judy! I wasn't trying to call attention to myself, but to give encouragement and empathy to TJ. I did need this boost of confidence though, and I hope it spoke to others who are going through some difficulty staying the course. Very wise words, and well taken.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Seems like every time I get on a roll of losing a bit more than usual, the F it bug bites me again. How counterintuitive! I think it's my fat brain trying to tell me I'm okay like I am...at least I lost 30 lbs, it's just too hard and I'll never get to 70+ lbs lost. Besides, if I did get to 135 lbs and I still didn't look that great, older, and my life wasn't perfect still, what good was it? That's the thoughts I get sometimes, and I guess we all have some of that. Just wanted to say that I get it. I truly do. When you're ready (and I am), we'll get it done. We just have to, because these JB's won't let us give up.
Librarygirl! So true, I've been dealing with that too. Recently bounced off my lowest low - it felt good, that's for sure, but is hard to maintain that 'lean and trim' look when one is over fifty, yada yada.

I see the road of weight loss/maintenance as a journey, not a destination. No matter what, I'll always have to work to keep the weight off. There sure are those F it bug bites, been dealing with that too.

I'm definitely in the 'One Day at a Time' head space right now. Sometimes are easier than others - I just try to keep my binging in check. JUDDD is so flexible, I can still keep UDDD, just with higher numbers sometimes. It can be so wearisome, sometimes I think we just need a vacation from various aspects. I've been taking a break from counting calories, need to get back in the game.

Hoping JUDDD BUDDDS that are struggling can find their 'groove'
Old 07-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #498
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Pretty good DD today. I was consumed all morning with a bathroom plumbing issue that took 2 trips to Home Depot, cleaning out a disgusting sink drain/trap (which I recommend on DDs for instant appetite suppression ), fighting with a faucet that wouldn't come apart just so I could replace the washers, etc. etc. etc.

So I didn't even have a drink of anything until about 2:00. I was getting kind of thirsty, but my hands were dirty and the water to the house was turned off, so I just ignored it. Haven't had a calorie yet today, although I'm hydrating now.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Your welcome Cindy, I want to see the day you tell every one you have hit your goal!That day is comeing you wait and see. You will be right there with all the girls. We all have to help each other to get there.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kissa and lisa.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Thought I would catch everyone up on my weight loss. I do a lot of reading, but not much posting, and I think I need to change that. It will probably keep me in line!

Restarted JUDDD on 7/15 at 257# Could not believe what I saw, but after getting on and off the scale several times, I could not deny it.
Two weeks later (today) I weighed 249.2. So, I am pleased with my progress over the past 15 days, and think the JUDDD magic has kicked in again. I have not been especially hungry the last few days, (until today ), but have managed to only have 260 calories so far, and I usually have about 500 on my DD. So a little wiggle room for some eggbeaters and 1 slice bacon and 1 40 cal toast later.

Anyway, I give today a 4 on the DD scale.

Wish me good eating habits, as I do to all the JB's on here!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #502
Big Yapper!!!!

Good job, Arkie!!! That's a fantastic start, and way to go on a stellar DD!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
So, I am pleased with my progress over the past 15 days, and think the JUDDD magic has kicked in again.
Good to read How are you getting on with your trike? Is it suitable for shopping and the other trips that you had in mind?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have no interest in eating at all.

Yesterday is the first day I managed 3 meals with 30g of protein in each one. I think it's fair to say that my appetite has been obliterated as strongly as it was during the potato hack but the difference there was that I stopped eating as soon as I wanted - there was no feeling that I had to finish my protein portion like I am for this.

I'm finding it tricky to contemplate more protein today although I should try for something in addition to the MCT oil.

To the recipe forum or possibly Google for protein powder crisps/chips and similar ways of concealing it.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:13 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Hi arkie1

Good for you. That is great. And a good eating habits wish to you!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Today is a solid 5 so far even though it is early. I didn't work out yesterday and had a lot of protein, so I'm really not hungry at all.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

So sorry arkie1,
I have no idea what just happened. The note looked fine when I hit post.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
Today is a solid 5 so far even though it is early. I didn't work out yesterday and had a lot of protein, so I'm really not hungry at all.
UD and DD do have quite a substantial influence on each other, don't they. What you did, how you feel, what you ate, what time you ate - you get to know what works for you and what doesn't.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
UD and DD do have quite a substantial influence on each other, don't they. What you did, how you feel, what you ate, what time you ate - you get to know what works for you and what doesn't.
Yeah, it's really fascinating. Especially since my last couple of DD's were a bit rough. At least now I know part of my personal formula.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got home a little while ago and buzzing round, pulling things together, hoping DH will be back in time for one of the early showings of Wolverine.

Yesterday is the first time that I ever had planned and eaten 3x meals that contained an estimated 30g of protein each. It pretty much wiped my appetite for today's DD although I've had to chew sugar-free gum most of the day to make my mouth tolerable to me (i.e., not taste of old coins).

So, no problem with appetite (5) but I am dragging a little (3). I still need to take a lot of MCT to keep the migraines in check during this changeable weather - but with any luck, when the storms and hot spells stabilise, I'll be able to titrate the dose down a little and this might give me some more food choices.
Closed Thread