Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
Doing JUDD with Higher Carbs?

I have been failing miserably each time I try JUDD. I last 3 months and the binging starts. So this time I have decided to increase the carbs. I don't eat grains and sugar so the main source of carbs will come from veggies and fruits. I think 50-100 gr of carbs should be fine. I just have this mental black with carbs. Although, I am not scared to go high when I am in the binging mode
I used to eat about 20 gr of carbs (gross) and was losing very nicely on it with JUDD. I even got to my goal weight last month, but my body rebels when I am PMSing. I guess my serotonin gets too low and than I binge and can't do JUDD. I really love the way JUDD makes me feel, that's why I am trying it to make it work this time. I am back on as of yesterday and doing every other day rotations till I get this weight off and than will go to 5:2 or 4:3.

There are few on this board who have been successful going from Atkins to JUDD. I know there are others who can do both simultaneously. By this time I realized that CAN NOT do both at the same time. It became too restrictive for me mentally as well. So please tell me I will lose on JUDD with moderate carbs (50-100 gr a day). I have added my carbs for the day today and it came to 65 gr and I am freaking out. I know that 65 gr is low by any standards. I just need to hear that this will work. I have put on 12 lbs and am feeling kind of hopeless now.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-18-2013 at 12:08 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Yes definitely! I find I lose better when I do practically no carbs on DD, and then around 50-100g on UD (sometimes more!)

Definitely give it a try!!!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Marika -

What Angie says is about what I do too. And it's working for me.

I've been "watching" you go through these struggles and just feel awful that you are having such a rough time. No one can tell you what your body will do, but I believe if you stick to straight JUDDD, you can lose what you want to. I went from Atkins to JUDDD, keeping it LC the first few months and then adding in carbs. As long as my calories were on track, I lost both ways.

I forget if you've told us how tall you are. I just wonder if your goal weight is not your optimum healthy weight, and your body is trying its hardest to keep you at what it thinks is its best weight.

Hang in there. Stick with JUDDD and trust it for a month. Add in good carbs and try to avoid those binge-inducing ones. Allow yourself a planned treat when you need it, but budget it in and stop when you've had what you've planned. I know you can do this!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Angie! I think my DD will be lower carb.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for your support LCG

I am 5'4". I really look and feel my best around 120. The reason why I put my goal weight at 115-120 was just to have a little cushion

I think I will do just that- higher carbs on UD and lower on DD.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I've tweaked the heck out of JUDDD, over the past few months The plan is very open to different kinds of eating-definitley give the higher carbs a try and see if that works better for you!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Marika, when I started JUDDD last September, I was doing low carb. Then, I found out a lot of people here were not doing low carb at all. I took a chance & it paid off!! I lost 40 lbs. with JUDDD in 6 months!!

Now, that being said, I do have to be careful of what kind of carbs I eat. Especially on a DD. Certain things have a tendency to set me up for a binge later in the day. Also, I eat several small meals during the day.

Good luck with your renewal to do JUDDD again! Hang in there! It really does work!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to hear this Shari. Wow on 40 lb weight loss!!! How many carbs do you eat a day?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Marika, depending on your age, 120 might be too hard to maintain for you. I *know* it would be for me. I am 5'4 and 49 yo. 120 was easy for me in my 20s and early 30s, but 130-135 is more realistic for me now. Just a thought.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
I'm a relative newbie around here, finishing up my third week, but, I thought I'd go ahead and chime in as well. I came here after 4 months of Atkins Induction. I immediately started eating carbs. It was so difficult for me my first few DD's that I couldn't mentally restrict myself to anything on my UDs (including not sticking to my UD calories, my first week I must've went over 500 cal each time). By my second week I was more under control and I realized I needed to go back to controlling my carbs because it was better for me. I won't say I've been perfect everyday, but, I've done a pretty good job of staying pretty low carb on my DDs and getting most of my calories from protein, and sticking to the 100gm top end on my UDs. I find I have even more energy if I do this, protein keeps me fuller and happier on my DDs, and most importantly, when I don't eat carbs, I control my cravings better. Once I allow myself even a little carb, I can seriously go on a binge. It's a slippery sloap for me.
I get the mental freak out. I still do it too. But, then I calm myself, remind myself I'm still well under the ranges "normal" people eat at, and remind myself that I'm doing it more for medical/physical reasons not for weight loss reasons (that's what the DD's are for). I will tell you I didn't have losses my first week like others here reported. But once I got myself under control, the scale started dropping more, even with the addition of carbs. I've lost more on 3 weeks of JUDDD than I did the last 6-7 weeks of stict LC.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I also came to JUDDD from AI, only 3 weeks worth and mostly because I was failing miserably at getting into and staying in ketosis. While I sure do enjoy the freedom to eat whatever I want, I've found I do & feel better when I'm smart about my carbs. In general, while I don't count them, I try to stick to more "natural" sources - nuts, veggies, fruits and try to avoid the sweets, grains, breads, cereals, etc. (Of course all this goes out the window on potato DDs or hacks but that's a separate issue.) I'm pretty much 0 carb on DDs because I can't find carbs I like that give me enough bang for the calorie buck. Too many calories with empty nutrition with higher carb items.
It might also be good for your system to have a bit of a re-set. Maybe an influx of healthy carbs would jump start your metabolism and get things moving again!!
Good luck dear, it can be done, tough to overcome mentally I know.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I lost 65+ pounds and didn't count a carb. The first 10 lost were on Atkins Induction. For me that was miserable. I felt way to restricted. I don't often eat candy or pancakes, but I eat breads, pastas, rice cakes, the ocassional potato chips or salty snack and ice cream- a bagel here and there. Nothing is off limits, I just eat in moderation. JUDDD has helped me master this!

Theadjack- LCG I love to see your beautiful face!!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Thank you Carly!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I lost 65+ pounds and didn't count a carb. The first 10 lost were on Atkins Induction. For me that was miserable. I felt way to restricted. I don't often eat candy or pancakes, but I eat breads, pastas, rice cakes, the ocassional potato chips or salty snack and ice cream- a bagel here and there. Nothing is off limits, I just eat in moderation. JUDDD has helped me master this!

Theadjack- LCG I love to see your beautiful face!!!!!!
Ok is a threadjack when you discuss something other than what the thread is about? Sorry, just being nosey. lol
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

JM, yes.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am ready to tackle JUDD again

I agree with Carly, it is nice to see your pretty face- LCG
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
JM, yes.
Thanks Cindy!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
I started on my" half-fast" diet May 9th. Yesterday, I had shepherd's pie (all the tweaking was to lower fat, not carbs) and THREE pieces of bread during the day....carb count...gosh...at least 180, maybe 200. Today, I'm not particularly hungry, haven't eaten anything yet, though I'll have something before I go to work tonight...and bring some V-8 with.

I've sworn off weighing myself, but i was getting ready for a shower this morning, and admiring my(relatively) flat stomach, and decided to jump on the scale...208! Down 6lbs in 9days, and not counting carbs at all. In fact, going a bit overboard to see what happens, and try to ...desensitize myself?

It is hard to reboot your brain after doing strict low carb for a long time! Low carb was the ONLY way i ever lost weight, and I lost a lot of weight...but always managed to find it again.

It's so liberating to follow your cravings.

One caveat, I notice a HUGE carb UD definitely makes the next DD hungrier. My first DD was pretty easy, so for the UD I had black bean chili and tortilla chips...and eggs and toast for breakfast...at least 400 gm of carb. My second DD my tummy was a lot grumblier,but not intolerable.

So I'm a convert...you can count your carbs and eat 'em too! at some point, I'll be vegging out too, I have my own little Whole Foods in my yard...but tomorrow I'm making chicken and homemade egg noodles, and a hazelnut cake/whipped cream cake roll for my grandgirl and I.

Welcome to the Up Day/Down Day way!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Sorry, that's April 9th...I CANNOT multitask...i took a call about next month's schedule while i was writing. And I guess I should've said WELCOME BACK!
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Lynn
Old 04-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Marika, I hope that JUDDD and moderate carb works for you. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

I started 5:2 rotations on April 7, after 14 weeks of strict low carb. I've stayed low carb so far, but am thinking of increasing my carbs to 40-50 g on UD's.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Marika, once I stopped doing LC, I quit counting carbs! I strictly count calories. I've never liked counting calories or carbs. But, this WOE works!! So, I'll count calories. Since I've been maintaining, sometimes I go way over my UD calories; but, stick to my DD calories & it's working for me. My goal was 145 & this morning I weighed 141.4! Now, next week, I may go up to 145 or 146; but, that's the way it goes! I love it!! And, I've been doing M-W-F DD's with Tues-Thurs & weekends are UD's. Eventually, I'd like to go to 5:2.

LCG! You're lovely!! I just knew you were!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Marika -

What Angie says is about what I do too. And it's working for me.

I've been "watching" you go through these struggles and just feel awful that you are having such a rough time. No one can tell you what your body will do, but I believe if you stick to straight JUDDD, you can lose what you want to. I went from Atkins to JUDDD, keeping it LC the first few months and then adding in carbs. As long as my calories were on track, I lost both ways.

I forget if you've told us how tall you are. I just wonder if your goal weight is not your optimum healthy weight, and your body is trying its hardest to keep you at what it thinks is its best weight.

Hang in there. Stick with JUDDD and trust it for a month. Add in good carbs and try to avoid those binge-inducing ones. Allow yourself a planned treat when you need it, but budget it in and stop when you've had what you've planned. I know you can do this!

Love the avatar pic! Beautiful!!!!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
LCG! Lovely!!! Thank you for sharing!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cruddell
Stats: 160/148/130 (lost 10 on HCG) now switching UD/DD
WOE: Intermittent Fasting (8 hours)/JUDDD
Start Date: April 2013
I'm very new here. Have been doing JUDDD after 1 round of hhCG. My first 2 weeks of Phase 3 of hhcg was JUDDD. I was able to maintain for the first 2 weeks of JUDDD. I have found that I am beginning to lose now eating carbs! I have been eating lots of carbs on my UD's and always allowing myself a treat like cookies, chocolate, etc. I eat 1700 on UD's. I also do intermittent fasting and only eat between noon and 8pm each day. So far I love this because the afternoon is usually the time of day when I get really hungry. I eat a really big lunch and then I am pretty full and don't have the urge to binge. My DD's have been boiled potatoes only 400 calories. Like I said, I'm very new and have just lost 2 pounds in the last 2 days. I think it took my body 2 weeks to adjust to this way of eating and now I feel differently as if it's ready to start losing. My clothes are loose and people are telling me I look thinner already even with not much loss on the scale.

Mostly I love the freedom of eating ANY food. I'm trying to eat mostly healthy food, but knowing that I can have treats every other day keeps me motivated. I used to go for weeks and months with no treats and then my body would rebel and I would binge and ruin it all and feel horrible.

I keep track of all my calories in an App that I love and it is super easy. Sometimes it has been difficult to get all of my calories in without feeling too full. I know it is different for everybody and it's trial and error. I really always thought that my body was carb resistant, but so far I'm seeing results. My UD's are almost like having a day off from dieting which mentally works for me to not ALWAYS count carbs. good luck to you!!!
cruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I counted calories and stayed aware of carbs. Actually, I find including more carbs - in lots of veggies, some fruits, calorically portioned rice and potatoes - seems to keep my body humming and my appetite happy.

Like granny, I do watch to see how I react to different foods. If I wake up hungry or bloated, I review what I ate the day before. If the pattern is - oh, let's say I wake up hungry every time I have bread with dinner - then I cut out the bread for a couple of months.

JUDDD is such a great opportunity to learn what each of us as individuals needs.

Granny! Great news about the scale!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you all so much for your replies! You JUDD Budds are The Best!!!!

I had a great UD yesterday and felt satisfied with added carbs from veggies (did not binge). I did not feel like I had to stuff myself in anticipation of DD today. I even got up to a drop on the scale this morning
I am looking forward to a controlled DD today.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-19-2013 at 05:06 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

I am one who came from LC, albeit only 2 months (but I've done it before too) and went straight into JUDDD and stopped counting carbs on Day 1. I eat chips, candy, cookies and cake and am losing pretty well. I had 3 cupcakes after dinner last UD, over 400 cals on my DD yesterday, and am down to a new low and 2 lbs lower than yesterday today.

ETA: My way of eating (anything I feel like) may not be the fastest way to lose. I have averaged about 2-3 lbs a month. However, I feel that I personally would have stopped dieting by now (5 months JUDDD, 2 months LC back to back), if I had been much more restrictive all this time. In 20 weeks on JUDDD I have lost almost 18 lbs, 23 in the total six months (24 wks) I've been dieting and 26 from my HW last summer. I can live with that.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-19-2013 at 05:29 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
In 20 weeks on JUDDD I have lost almost 18 lbs, 23 in the total six months (24 wks) I've been dieting and 26 from my HW last summer. I can live with that.
That's a great loss