Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   1 year on JUDDD-Anniversary (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802365-1-year-juddd-anniversary.html)

zipp2play 04-18-2013 07:16 AM

1 year on JUDDD-Anniversary
 
For myself and DH. He lost 40 pounds in less than 3 months. He is up a bit, I think 5 or 6 pounds. He was really looking on the thin side. Me, was a little slower. I am up 3 pounds from my low (169)....but JUDDD is an amazing way of eating for us. Even if I decided to stay where I am weight wise, maintaining would be easy. I have pretty much maintained since January. Which is better than I was doing before switching to JUDDD. I am close to goal. That's what I like. I am totally in a size 10 with my goal being size 8. Not sure I can ever get in an 8, but I am willing to try! I am a big boned, muscular gal. Nothing petite or tiny about me, and won't ever be!

Some of you know my DS14 joined us last week. He is down 6 or 7 pounds already and is loving it. DD's are tough, but he manages pretty good. We all work the numbers together. He should probably lose another 20 pounds. He follows 1000c DD and 2000c UD.

I want to thank you all for your advice and thoughts. I may not post many post on my own, but I read through everything and try to comment when I can!

zipp2play 04-18-2013 07:20 AM

I can truly say, I have found a WOE that is for life. I never, EVER could say that about LC!

zipp2play 04-18-2013 07:21 AM

OH I have Celiac, so my JUDDD journey has all been Gluten Free

kh155 04-18-2013 07:23 AM

Happy Anniversary! :congrats:

I think that's wonderful that your family is JUDDDing together and that's terrific that your son is having success with this as well.

Kissa 04-18-2013 07:30 AM

Monica I thrilled that you and your family are doing so well on JUDDD. I always love seeing you and your lovely DD.

Can it be a year already? Congratulations on finding a way of life that keeps you slim and happy.

adillenal 04-18-2013 07:40 AM

Congratulations on your year on JUDDD as well as the WOE for the whole family. I agree that maintaining on JUDDD is so much more pleasant than any other plan I ever tried.

Flutter 04-18-2013 07:44 AM

Oh oh oh, huge congrats to you!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps2f4b6437.gif I am so thrilled for you, DH & now DS, too! How WONDERFUL that he is doing so well already! Is he excited?

You have done wonderful and what a joy to know that maintenance is so doable with this! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps2754bf37.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps876cafea.gif

zipp2play 04-18-2013 08:13 AM

I think EXCITED is probably over shooting his attitude towards this. But then again, he is 14! LOL

I should state, my DD's range from 500 - 700c. Most are closer to 700c. I have tried getting it lower and functioning at work then, simply doesn't happen. So that is a LARGE part of why I lose so slowly and I am OK with that. I also have to watch my blood sugar closely as I have hypoglycemia and it will tank quicker than anything if I am not careful!

LoCarbGal 04-18-2013 08:20 AM

Happy JUDDDiversary Monica (& DH)! :clap: Did you ever think you would keep eating like this for this long? That's such a great accomplishment, and you've improved your health along the way, while still eating really well!

I'm so happy to hear T is doing so well. It won't take him long at all to get where he wants to be, and then he'll know exactly how to keep it in line if he starts creeping back up. What a wonderful thing for your family to be able to do together.

Congratulations!!!

SlowSure 04-18-2013 08:27 AM

Good for you and yours - well done. :) You're modelling and living such healthy patterns for your children that will assist them so much when they're looking after themselves.

Kimmietoo 04-18-2013 08:27 AM

WTG Monica!!! I am thrilled for your whole family! Isn't it amazing how we can "tweak" JUDDD so that it fits our unique situations? I just LOVE that about JUDDDing. Cindy is right, every time I see your avatar it is lovely. Congrats to you and your family for a job well done.

Kimmie

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Deen73 04-18-2013 08:29 AM

Monica, you are an inspiration to me! There hasn't been a WOE in a looooong time that I've felt I can stick to the way I can stick to this. And you are living proof! I also really appreciate your comments about your son doing JUDDD -- my 13 year old daughter wants to do it this summer (she'll be 14 by then!) so I'm very interested in hearing about how he does. GREAT job!

scalestepper 04-18-2013 08:30 AM

I am so happy for you and your family, WTG!

TryingJudd 04-18-2013 08:43 AM

You are a JUDDD star!! Congrats to the whole family!

KeirasMom 04-18-2013 09:00 AM

Monica, I just have to say that you always seem so calm and accepting. I love your attitude and how you've incorporated JUDDD into your life with your own personal challenges. You've done great and will continue to do so. Happy JUDDDiversary, and many more to come!

Whitlin' 04-18-2013 09:15 AM

Monica, thanks so much for consistently letting us in on your journey, giving tips and good thoughts so often, and for letting us know about the anniversary, which is COOL :cool: :cool: for the 2 of you.

All best wishes to your son. Does he know what a smart Mom he has?

Librarygirl 04-18-2013 09:38 AM

Congratulations, Monica!!! You have always been so helpful and encouraging. I'm happy for you AND your family for finding this WOE and the joy of JUDDD.

Shelly_S 04-18-2013 09:46 AM

Congratulations on your year anniversary! You are an inspiration!

zipp2play 04-18-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16380686)
Monica, thanks so much for consistently letting us in on your journey, giving tips and good thoughts so often, and for letting us know about the anniversary, which is COOL :cool: :cool: for the 2 of you.

All best wishes to your son. Does he know what a smart Mom he has
?

Smart is not a word I am sure he would use to describe me! :hyst:

You are too kind!!!!!

zipp2play 04-18-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16380388)
Monica I thrilled that you and your family are doing so well on JUDDD. I always love seeing you and your lovely DD.

Can it be a year already? Congratulations on finding a way of life that keeps you slim and happy.

Thanks--My fellow LOVER of wine. What could go wrong with a plan that truly IF you wanted, you could squeeze in a glass of wine daily....if that is what you chose????

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kh155 (Post 16380362)
Happy Anniversary! :congrats:

I think that's wonderful that your family is JUDDDing together and that's terrific that your son is having success with this as well.

Thank you Karen

I also have a daughter, as pictured in my avi, she is not over weight or in need of losing, but this is opening her eyes about choices to make!

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16380415)
Congratulations on your year on JUDDD as well as the WOE for the whole family. I agree that maintaining on JUDDD is so much more pleasant than any other plan I ever tried.

Right there with you girl!!!!!!!!

I was just going through my scented wax last night and thought of all of what you made!!!! LOVE THEM ALL! Thanks

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16380541)
Happy JUDDDiversary Monica (& DH)! :clap: Did you ever think you would keep eating like this for this long? That's such a great accomplishment, and you've improved your health along the way, while still eating really well!

I'm so happy to hear T is doing so well. It won't take him long at all to get where he wants to be, and then he'll know exactly how to keep it in line if he starts creeping back up. What a wonderful thing for your family to be able to do together.

Congratulations!!!

LCG - you are such an inspiration. your words always mean so much to me! THANKS

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16380564)
Good for you and yours - well done. :) You're modelling and living such healthy patterns for your children that will assist them so much when they're looking after themselves.

You know, for the first time ever, I actually DO feel like I am modeling a healthy pattern. I mean, nothing is OFF limits and everything in terms of moderation! LOVE IT

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmietoo (Post 16380566)
WTG Monica!!! I am thrilled for your whole family! Isn't it amazing how we can "tweak" JUDDD so that it fits our unique situations? I just LOVE that about JUDDDing. Cindy is right, every time I see your avatar it is lovely. Congrats to you and your family for a job well done.

Kimmie

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I AM THE QUEEN of TWEAK and not to try to speed my losses, just to make it work with my "challenges"! Thank you

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen73 (Post 16380573)
Monica, you are an inspiration to me! There hasn't been a WOE in a looooong time that I've felt I can stick to the way I can stick to this. And you are living proof! I also really appreciate your comments about your son doing JUDDD -- my 13 year old daughter wants to do it this summer (she'll be 14 by then!) so I'm very interested in hearing about how he does. GREAT job!

Deen, HE came to us. I never really pushed this on anyone. Even DH was like, I want to do this with you. I think for teens, key is they are in it for themselves ONLY, not for their parents. Like I mentioned, he does a moderation of the plan 1000/2000c. It has opened his eyes though to how much "mindless" eating he did before.

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

I am so happy for you and your family, WTG!
Thank you salt/pepper

Quote:

You are a JUDDD star!! Congrats to the whole family!
Thanks TryingJUDDD, not sure on the star part though ;)

Quote:

Congratulations on your year anniversary! You are an inspiration!
Thank you Shelly, you will blink and it will have been a year for you too!

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16380647)
Monica, I just have to say that you always seem so calm and accepting. I love your attitude and how you've incorporated JUDDD into your life with your own personal challenges. You've done great and will continue to do so. Happy JUDDDiversary, and many more to come!

You know Dawn, I read your post over and over figuring out ways to fix the way I eat. I mean, I used to have DD's that weren't below 800, so I am moving them slowly down! Thanks for always being there!

zipp2play 04-18-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Congratulations, Monica!!! You have always been so helpful and encouraging. I'm happy for you AND your family for finding this WOE and the joy of JUDDD.
THanks Cindy! Not sure how I could help anyone, encourage, YES, help, not so sure about! :hyst:

Carly 04-18-2013 07:12 PM

Congrats on your JUDDDiversary! You and your DH. I think it's great that DS is giving this a go!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.