Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Wednesday (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802314-ud-wednesday.html)

Librarygirl 04-17-2013 07:15 AM

UD Wednesday

Haven't seen a thread yet.

B-coffee w/H&H, milk

chips, chocolate :o

L-? Maybe Wendy's

D-cabbage rolls

lc-chica 04-17-2013 07:44 AM

b - coffee w/ half and half, small bagel w/ butter

I haven't got the rest of the day planned yet. Maybe a big salad with ranch dressing for lunch, been "craving" that. Dinner is still up in the air.

I am still new, but so far noticing on my DD I am dreaming about what I want tomorrow - yesterday I thought to myself "tomorrow I am going to eat a banana w/ peanut butter... popcorn... potatoes with dinner..." lol. Then once UP day comes, I am not dreaming anymore. I know I can have whatever I want, within reason, but the cravings disappear. SO nice. I am NOT thinking - tomorrow is a fast day, I better eat everything I can!

Demonica 04-17-2013 07:50 AM

B- 3 slices of bacon, 3 eggs scrambled in bacon grease and 1 tbsp CO, coffee with HWC and CO. Also some fat bombs. (woke up STARVING:o)
L- salmon with 1 tbsp tartar sauce, salad with 2 tbsp cheese, EVOO and ACV, maybe 1/4 C almonds
D- BP coffee

KeirasMom 04-17-2013 08:00 AM

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, banana, small bite of cinnamon bagel, coffee, tea, water (woke up STARVING)
L: Banh Mi (the building next door to the Vietnamese place burned down yesterday morning, so I'm hoping my sandwich will be available) :aprayer:
D: Keira's school has a fundraiser tonight at Red Robin--haven't looked at the menu yet
Gym: Zumba! My favorite instructor was back on Monday, though she's still technically on medical leave, so I'm hoping she comes again tonight. She's so much better than everyone else, even when she's just walking around offering encouragement. She had knee surgery, so she can't dance yet.
Wine: Most likely

ETA: Okay, now I know why I woke up starving . . . dang that TOM!
So, I won't be hitting the gym tonight. The first day of TOM is NOT conducive to a good workout. Grr.

Planelman 04-17-2013 08:18 AM

B: Coffee w/CO, 3 eggs, Sweet Italian sausage, 3 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 cup chili, sour cream
L: Rest of the left over chili 2 1/2 cups
Gym: weight lifting and cardio
D: Big salad with grilled chicken and feta and a Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette I make

Snacks: some Nuts, Protein shakes, almond butter..

Mike

LoCarbGal 04-17-2013 08:54 AM

B: nothing so far - definitely coffee/HWC later
L: pepperoni slices and swiss cheese? or maybe leftover chinese pepper steak???
D: crock pot pork ribs, roasted zucchini and asparagus, wine
D: maybe!

kimrich2 04-17-2013 09:49 AM

B: Eggs, turkey sausage, coffee
L: Low-carb wrap with cheese, turkey, ham
D: Chicken on the grill with green beans

Librarygirl 04-17-2013 11:05 AM

I skipped lunch because of my "healthy" breakfast. :D I want a nice dinner AND dessert tonight, and perhaps a glass or two of wine.

Nice avi Mike!

AndyBFK 04-17-2013 11:11 AM

B: a little scrambled egg and bacon from the concierge lounge at the hotel (which means free but not too tasty)

L: every good intention of keeping it LC today but I just couldn't pass up the sushi counter at The Central Market I was at. Half Volcano roll, half shaggy dog 3 pieces nigiri. No clue calorie counts on these (uh-oh)

D: on the road again tonight will probably mean room service. My hotel does a great tortilla soup. May have that and some dessert since I already had a carb fest and blew the LC for the day. :)

AndyBFK 04-17-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lc-chica (Post 16378505)

I am still new, but so far noticing on my DD I am dreaming about what I want tomorrow - yesterday I thought to myself "tomorrow I am going to eat a banana w/ peanut butter... popcorn... potatoes with dinner..." lol. Then once UP day comes, I am not dreaming anymore. I know I can have whatever I want, within reason, but the cravings disappear. SO nice. I am NOT thinking - tomorrow is a fast day, I better eat everything I can!

So funny because I have been saying EXACTLY the same thing!!!! All I wanted last night, for instance, was French toast. I couldn't stop staring at it on the room service menu. I even set my alarm early so I could wake up with enough time to order it. Then woke up this morning and wanted nothing! It's so funny that this happens.

grannysmith 04-17-2013 01:47 PM

i keep saying I can't eat just 1/2 of anything...but I'm planning on eating half the shepherd's pie I just made!

It's pretty low-fat, I use 93% lean beef, filled out with mushrooms, carrots and peas. THe flavor comes from bay leaves, fresh thyme, a dab of tomato paste, a touch of Wooster, a splash of port, a shake of soy, a sprinky-dink of cayenne and smoked paprika... and of course onion and garlic. Minimal butter in the potatoes, i used beef broth to replace some of the milk, and mixed in thin sliced scallions and a egg yolk before running it under the broiler.

I actually COULD eat the whole thing, calorie-wise, by my count it's about 1650. But I'm taking the rest to my home-care patient...I already promised! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...atdrink061.gif

KeirasMom 04-17-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16378546)
B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, banana, small bite of cinnamon bagel, coffee, tea, water (woke up STARVING)
L: Banh Mi (the building next door to the Vietnamese place burned down yesterday morning, so I'm hoping my sandwich will be available) :aprayer:
D: Keira's school has a fundraiser tonight at Red Robin--haven't looked at the menu yet
Gym: Zumba! My favorite instructor was back on Monday, though she's still technically on medical leave, so I'm hoping she comes again tonight. She's so much better than everyone else, even when she's just walking around offering encouragement. She had knee surgery, so she can't dance yet.
Wine: Most likely

ETA: Okay, now I know why I woke up starving . . . dang that TOM!
So, I won't be hitting the gym tonight. The first day of TOM is NOT conducive to a good workout. Grr.

Today's going to be one of those days where my plans just aren't going to work out.

Lunch: I had to go to the store, so no Banh Mi. I had a Large Wendy's chili.

Snack: 2 chocolate chip cookies -- blaming it on hormones. I swear I could have another 2 or more without batting an eye, but I'm trying to be good.

Dinner: Looked at the menu for Red Robin and the Chicken Ensenada looks good, so I'm hoping that works out.

Still planning on wine. :o

KeirasMom 04-17-2013 01:52 PM

Nice to have a face to go with the name, Mike! :shake:

Planelman 04-17-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16379294)
Nice to have a face to go with the name, Mike! :shake:

Thanks! It is actually an old picture from the end of last August and I'm probably 22 pounds heavier in it. Haven't taken any recent pictures, but now it is nicer out I'll probably update it soon.

kh155 04-17-2013 03:01 PM

Oh man, was it nice to EAT today! :)

B. oatmeal with almond butter plus some eggs & cheese fried in butter
L. homemade chicken soup and a kefir/fruit smoothie
S. chocolate, some almond butter
D. baked salmon, sweet potato and butter

Lots of tea with cream and c/o & crystal light.

Dawn, I take it really easy when TOM comes around. He wears me out!

Grannysmith, that sounds really tasty! I'd eat the other half but I see you've promised it to someone else already.

AndyBFK ... I admire that you're working JUDDD while travelling. That adds an extra challenge for sure.

lc-chica ... yup, same thing here. It's wonderful!

Hi Mike!

Librarygirl ... I love the chocolate/chip combo. Did you eat them together? When I was a kid, I'd buy a small box of Rosebuds & a small bag of plain chips for a treat. I haven't done that in a while but I just might have to now that the restrictions are off. :)

kimrich2 and demonica ... what strikes me here is that no one is going crazy on their UDs like what you'd think would happen after the DDs.

I love JUDDD!

Librarygirl 04-17-2013 03:16 PM

kh it was a grab bag of Cheetos (375 cals) and a Twix bar (260).:o I did end up eating 2 baby dill pickles and a slice of cheddar for lunch. :D

I'm making a cabbage/beef/tomato/rice casserole for dinner and red velvet cupcakes for dessert.:cool: Of course, a small glass of white wine never hurt anything either.:p

That combo of tea/cream/coconut oil and crystal lite is:stars::sick::D

kh155 04-17-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16379451)
kh it was a grab bag of Cheetos (375 cals) and a Twix bar (260).:o I did end up eating 2 baby dill pickles and a slice of cheddar for lunch. :D

I'm making a cabbage/beef/tomato/rice casserole for dinner and red velvet cupcakes for dessert.:cool: Of course, a small glass of white wine never hurt anything either.:p

That combo of tea/cream/coconut oil and crystal lite is:stars::sick::D

Oh No! the crystal light is in addition to the tea and c/o. :laugh:
Yeah, that would be :sick:

AndyBFK 04-17-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16379293)

Lunch: I had to go to the store, so no Banh Mi.

Sorry, I just got stuck on the words Banh Mi. I absolutely LOVE Vietnamese food (well anything Asian actually) but I swear there is nothing like a good Banh Mi. I had been LC for 4 months, just a week or so ago adding carbs back in, so it's been ages since I've had that. Forget the soup, I'm off to find me a Banh Mi. God I LOVE this diet!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

TryingJudd 04-17-2013 06:00 PM

MD for me

B- magic pop
L - meeting buffet : chicken breast stuffed w spinach, veggie mix, roll w butter, a few bites of cake
D- large salad dressed w vinegar, 1.5 slices of tomatoe pie, half a sf fudgesicle

1000 calories estimating high for the buffet lunch

Librarygirl 04-17-2013 06:07 PM

My bf said the cabbage/hamburger casserole tasted like "diet food". :( :D Trust me, it's not diet food to me. It wouldn't fit into a DD at any rate. I loved it. Oh well...got a huge pan full of it.

kh155 04-17-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16379751)
My bf said the cabbage/hamburger casserole tasted like "diet food". :( :D Trust me, it's not diet food to me. It wouldn't fit into a DD at any rate. I loved it. Oh well...got a huge pan full of it.

That's surprising because it just sounds like unstuffed cabbage rolls to me.
Who doesn't love cabbage rolls? :dunno: :laugh:

Librarygirl 04-17-2013 06:35 PM

It was extra lean ground beef, so maybe that was why it tasted "diet". I had hoped to use it last night on my DD, but didn't have enough calories to spare lol. However, I fried the beef in CO, added cheese to make it heartier, but I guess it wasn't decadent enough.

kh155 04-17-2013 06:38 PM

:laugh: Stop you ... my mouth is watering! :laugh:

KeirasMom 04-17-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBFK (Post 16379703)
Sorry, I just got stuck on the words Banh Mi. I absolutely LOVE Vietnamese food (well anything Asian actually) but I swear there is nothing like a good Banh Mi. I had been LC for 4 months, just a week or so ago adding carbs back in, so it's been ages since I've had that. Forget the soup, I'm off to find me a Banh Mi. God I LOVE this diet!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I have a Banh Mi nearly every UD. I :heart: them! And they're pretty good calorie-wise too, especially if your Vietnamese place doesn't use a lot of mayo or sauces. Mine's pretty dry except for the pickled daikon and carrots. Sooo good. :yummy: