Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The Wicked Witch of the East -- or me on a DD... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802287-wicked-witch-east-me-dd.html)

Deen73 04-16-2013 08:18 PM

The Wicked Witch of the East -- or me on a DD...

Good evening, ladies. Well, one thing I've been having a little bit of a problem with during my first week on JUDDD is irritability on DD's. It's something I hadn't really noticed before but I sure do this time. To give you a little example, I got so mad at my mop the other day, because it wouldn't fit properly in the little indented area where it's supposed to go in this bucket I have (this sounds so ridiculous as I type it) that I almost broke it. I literally had to walk away and calm down. From a MOP. lol :stars:

Oh my goodness -- any tips/experiences/suggestions? I know someone has already suggested sipping tea to me, throughout the day, and I think I will implement this. Sounds calming, if nothing else! lol

calichris 04-16-2013 08:46 PM

No one wants to feel crabby, but if you do, the mop is a good target ... yell at it all you want. :D
The good news is that if it is related to DD hunger, it will pass soon as you start getting comfortable on DDs. :up: hang in there!

LoCarbGal 04-16-2013 10:26 PM

Oh Deena, that poor innocent mop! :lol: I know I have noticed a few DDs like that for myself. It's no fun. But mostly they aren't like that. I imagine it's just the adjustment period, and you'll get past it pretty fast.

Now, back away from the mop and bucket.....

SlowSure 04-17-2013 01:56 AM

I don't take them as yet, but is this where supplementing with pterostilbene or resveratol can be helpful in lending a little bit of assistance with blood sugar or hunger-related crankiness?

See, eg: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...e-results.html

gotsomeold 04-17-2013 04:04 AM

It sounds like on DDs you may be missing something your body needs. What, if anything do you eat?

zipp2play 04-17-2013 05:53 AM

I get that way, when I do, I try to nibble on something under 100c

Flossyliz 04-17-2013 05:55 AM

Your mop might like you to know that chamomile tea is very calming.

krazy cat 04-17-2013 06:22 AM

Flossy - Your post cracked me up! :rofl:

Deen - Hope your DDs get better soon. :console: The first few weeks were the hardest for me too.

Flutter 04-17-2013 06:26 AM

awwww, I've btdt! Trust me, the mop is much better at dealing with this than your family members are! :) Ah yea, not that I know anything personally about this or anything. Ahem. ;) I still have some moodier down days, but overall, I find getting OUT of the house and in to fresh air helps. Eating a little bit of protein helps me, too, if I'm really out of sorts. :heart:

lc-chica 04-17-2013 06:35 AM

I don't know if this will help or if any other Judders do it (I just started) but I am usually someone who gets VERY cranky when I am hungry. And I have been a-okay on Judd (so far;) but anyways, the past few months I have started taking l-glutamine between meals. I read the Diet Cure, that's where I got it from. I take it for cravings, but it also helps keep blood sugar stable. I have experienced times where I am feeling so irritable and hungry and I take it and am fine.

The weirdest thing is that on UP days I don't ever forget to take it. On DD I always forget!! I have no idea why. MAYBE could be b/c when I feel hungry on a DD, I think "oh it's normal, it's a DD." And on a UP when I start to feel that way between a meal I think "Oh I need my l-glutamine!"

Anyways it seems to help me. The other thing that has been helping is taking psyllium 2-3 times a day with meals, and eating 3 small meals instead of 1-2 larger ones.

JMBM 04-17-2013 07:26 AM

Yeah DD's can bring out some mood issues from time to time.:stars: What's even worse for me is DD's and TOM. :eek: Watchout! :hyst: No, but seriously I do understand. Sometimes the simplest things can drive you up the wall. I remember when I first started someone mentioned sipping broth to help with the hunger, or the BP coffee (bullet proof coffee)? Idk if you're a coffee drinker, but some say that helps. However, caffeine may not help with the irritability.:dunno: Hope you have a better DD.:)

angie1 04-17-2013 07:31 AM

haha I know exactly what you mean! I am not a fun person around the first couple of weeks getting back to JUDDD. I love food!!!

On DD, I find eating something small every few hours helps. As well as taking chromium and L-glutamine -- those 2 are great for balancing blood sugar. I am also guilty of forgetting.

My poor students, sometimes I snap at them for no reason. Tuck in your chair! Do your work! lol.

Just come on here and vent it out or go for a walk :) that always helps me

mom23kids 04-17-2013 08:03 AM

When I first started JUDDD my dh called me dragon lady on my dds :o :laugh: But, after a few of them the crankiness disappeared and now dh can't tell when I'm doing a dd or an ud, unless he wants to go out to eat and then he finds out real quick lol.

Yennie 04-17-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16378551)
...and now dh can't tell when I'm doing a dd or an ud, unless he wants to go out to eat and then he finds out real quick lol.

:hyst:
This is me too! I'm especially irritated at him when I *tell* him what day it is and then he later proposes something non-DDish. I'm like - I TOLD you today's a DD! Why would I want to go to the BBQ place today???
He's going back to swing shift soon which makes my life a little easier as he's not home for dinner. Then I only have to cook for me & the monkey. He'll eat whatever I'm eating, even if its just roasted veggies and I'll add some chicken for him.

Deen73 04-17-2013 03:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your tips and experiences. Lol -- well, while the mop was the only one in danger of getting actually hurt, I have had to walk away from the children a couple of times, too. Especially if they start fighting and yelling at each other -- oh my goodness -- cannot STAND that on a DD!

I did take a St. John's Wort last night (this is something that helps my mood a lot during pms time) -- and that seems to be helping. So I'm not experiencing irritability today -- but what I AM experience are constant trips to the bathroom! Sorry for the TMI, but I just cannot stay out of the bathroom! I swear, I've had maybe 7 glasses of fluid so far, but lost 7 gallons! I am tempted to weight tomorrow (even though I was trying to hold out until my birthday) -- because I suspect a nice whoosh may be happening. Hmmm... decisions decisions....

JMBM 04-17-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen73 (Post 16379430)
Thanks for sharing your tips and experiences. Lol -- well, while the mop was the only one in danger of getting actually hurt, I have had to walk away from the children a couple of times, too. Especially if they start fighting and yelling at each other -- oh my goodness -- cannot STAND that on a DD!

I did take a St. John's Wort last night (this is something that helps my mood a lot during pms time) -- and that seems to be helping. So I'm not experiencing irritability today -- but what I AM experience are constant trips to the bathroom! Sorry for the TMI, but I just cannot stay out of the bathroom! I swear, I've had maybe 7 glasses of fluid so far, but lost 7 gallons! I am tempted to weight tomorrow (even though I was trying to hold out until my birthday) -- because I suspect a nice whoosh may be happening. Hmmm... decisions decisions....

Oh goodness I need some of that b/c TOM is coming and eerrrgh I can feel it!:annoyed: Chocolate usually makes me feel really good, however, the calories are killer.:stars:

Carly 04-17-2013 06:11 PM

I bet a whoosh is in your future. I still have times during the month where I lose 5-4 pound from my morning weigh in and the weight I come home at at 7pm. I can run to the ladies room 20x in 8 hour!

Deen73 04-18-2013 07:44 AM

You guys are probably going to laugh at me, with all my "I'm not weighing until my birthday" talk... but I couldn't help it. I KNEW I was losing something just because of the sheer volume of... um... water I was losing last night. So I broke down and jumped on the scale this morning. 3 lbs down. Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :)

KeirasMom 04-18-2013 08:01 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Kimberli33 04-18-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen73 (Post 16380620)
You guys are probably going to laugh at me, with all my "I'm not weighing until my birthday" talk... but I couldn't help it. I KNEW I was losing something just because of the sheer volume of... um... water I was losing last night. So I broke down and jumped on the scale this morning. 3 lbs down. Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :)

3lbs!YAY you!!:jumpjoy::birthday:HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

LoCarbGal 04-18-2013 11:18 AM

WTG Deena! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

That's wonderful. Sometimes you can just "feel" it!

kh155 04-18-2013 11:24 AM

:jumpjoy: Awesome! The mop must be relieved!

Deen73 04-18-2013 11:30 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha -- "that mop must be relieved" -- you guys are cracking me up! :P Thanks, guys!! :)

Carly 04-18-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16379758)
I bet a whoosh is in your future. I still have times during the month where I lose 5-4 pound from my morning weigh in and the weight I come home at at 7pm. I can run to the ladies room 20x in 8 hour!

I had to leave a 1 hour meeting 2x today! I lost count after 17x in 6 hours!!!!

Quote:

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

JMBM 04-18-2013 03:06 PM

That's awesome! :jumpjoy: WTG and KUTGW!:up:

lc-chica 04-18-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16381476)
I had to leave a 1 hour meeting 2x today! I lost count after 17x in 6 hours!!!!

Maybe I should have weighed myself this morning, lol. I was up all night going to the bathroom. It was so annoying! I was tired. I never get up constantly in the night. MAYBE once. Yesterday was an UP day so I was confused! Maybe it's a good thing :laugh:

Carly 04-18-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lc-chica (Post 16381700)
Maybe I should have weighed myself this morning, lol. I was up all night going to the bathroom. It was so annoying! I was tired. I never get up constantly in the night. MAYBE once. Yesterday was an UP day so I was confused! Maybe it's a good thing :laugh:

I was 126.6 at 6am at 7pm I was 123.2- on an UD! That is a lot of trips to the ladies room!

lc-chica 04-18-2013 06:38 PM

Whaaaaaaaat. That is crazy Carly. AWESOME!

Deen73 04-18-2013 08:10 PM

It is amazing what water weight can do. You guys are going to think I'm crazy when I say this (I know my doctor did) -- but I lost more than 25 pounds in one week once (obviously mostly water weight). This was just after my first daughter was born -- and I'm not counting the weight of the baby that had just vacated my tummy -- lol. Literally, a difference of 25 pounds in 7 days -- guess I'd been retaining a little! :P Crazy, crazy stuff.

LiLi914 04-19-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

That's a fantastic early birthday present. :jumpjoy:

Wednesday and Thursday I had the "you better get to the bathroom quickly" moments as well. It's not time for me to weigh yet, but I'm thinking good thoughts.