Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Beware of the BLT's........ (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802280-beware-blts.html)

JMBM 04-16-2013 06:10 PM

Beware of the BLT's........

The dreaded bites, licks, and tastes. Didn't know if there was already a thread on this subject, but remembered the blt's being discussed when I was on WW. I'm not positive, but I think I've had a few times having a blt w/o writing it down.:dunno::hyst: lol So, since this has been on my mind, today I have been adopting the "if you bite it, then write it" mentality. BLT's I think have maybe been sneaking in here and there causing some slowing in my progress.:stars: So watch out for the BLT's JB's!:high5:

KeirasMom 04-16-2013 06:26 PM

Oh, geez, it's a DD and now I want a BLT! :lol:

JMBM 04-16-2013 06:34 PM

Ha, ha, I hear you! My problem was thinking me making a mental note of whatever the "bite" of something I ate would somehow manage it's way into my daily calorie count. Not!:p Do really well on DD's, but UD's not as strict. Just going to try a little experiment. My blt's today were around 200!:eek: Stupid brownies! I took a pinch here and there and before you know it I had a whole brownie. I think brownies cannot have a place in my home!

angie1 04-16-2013 06:44 PM

haha yes I definitely remember that from WW!! That is especially helpful when cooking. So easy to have BLTs then!!! Chewing gum helps!

JMBM 04-16-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie1 (Post 16377676)
haha yes I definitely remember that from WW!! That is especially helpful when cooking. So easy to have BLTs then!!! Chewing gum helps!

:goodpost: Angie. SF gum would probably help keep my mouth out of trouble. Because you have to take the gum out to have a small bite, lick, or taste. I'm going to try some of the dessert gums and see if that helps with cravings, or even make me feel like I'm having a treat on a DD.:high5:

angie1 04-16-2013 06:54 PM

oh yes! I make sure to put in a super minty one when I cook. Because even if I were to take it out, I really don't want to put anything in with all that "minty-ness" lol. I find fruit-flavoured or dessert gums make me crave sweets IMO.

JMBM 04-16-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie1 (Post 16377691)
oh yes! I make sure to put in a super minty one when I cook. Because even if I were to take it out, I really don't want to put anything in with all that "minty-ness" lol. I find fruit-flavoured or dessert gums make me crave sweets IMO.

You have a point there. If your mouth feels clean then it makes sense that you're less likely to snack. :high5:

SlowSure 04-17-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16377621)
The dreaded bites, licks, and tastes. ...So watch out for the BLT's JB's!:high5:

A friend is a cookery book writer and recipe tester. Recently, she's been testing home-baking recipes and, in addition, she baked a birthday cake for her DS. She's been stalling on her 5:2 so she decided to make a note of her BLTs to see if these might be making a difference. Some days, it's only 100kcals or so (yikes), others (like the birthday cake day), it's nearer 600kcals in BLTs (it was a peanut and salt caramel buttercream and icing for the birthday cake).:o

JMBM 04-17-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16377950)
A friend is a cookery book writer and recipe tester. Recently, she's been testing home-baking recipes and, in addition, she baked a birthday cake for her DS. She's been stalling on her 5:2 so she decided to make a note of her BLTs to see if these might be making a difference. Some days, it's only 100kcals or so (yikes), others (like the birthday cake day), it's nearer 600kcals in BLTs (it was a peanut and salt caramel buttercream and icing for the birthday cake).:o

I'm terrible about that when I'm baking! Always have to lick the bowl.:p However, I'm baking a cake this weekend and I don't care how many licks I take! I actually don't care if I eat 1/2 of the cake!! I made brownies last week and again what do I do? Take my finger and scrape the bowl clean. I will have to limit my baking for special occasions only or I will B,L,T my way back up to 200 +!:eek: