Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Need some advice! (What did I do!)

DD today and I think the lack of calories has made me loose my mind. Actually I have a lot going on and I'm getting ready to leave for a mini vacation and a work trip and packing and hosting a lot of marketing events for work....etc... Anyways, I just wasn't thinking and went over my calories for this DD. im technically a few days out of my first two weeks so I should even be under the 500 mark by now but I didn't even keep it to 500 today. I just wasn't thinking about what I was putting in my mouth and without realizing it, I hit about 675 for the day. Here's what I just realized I did-

B: just coffee
L: here's where it all went wrong- 4 steamed spinach/tofu dumplings (theBEST on earth!!!) and a big cup of wonton soup. I'm guessing at least 300 calories. I thought I could just sip on the broth and eat one or two dumplings- yeah right.
S: protein shake 110
Second snack cause I forgot all about the shake!: Wendy's small chili and 4 saltines. 220
D: well that was dinner but I do have a salad if I want it, and based on the ravenousness today, im sure im gonna end up diving into it. 50 calories?

So what do I do? Forgive myself and move on to my UD tomorrow? If I do should I tweak my UD calories at all (like cut back based on how far I went over). Do I say forget it, and make this a MD or even an UD (although my UD calories are 2600 im sure i could get there) What to do? I KNOW your going to tell me that JUDDD is forgiving I'm just still used to the rigidity of LC eating and so afraid I screwed all my hard work up. I'm on vacation for my birthday for 4 days this weekend and already coming to terms with the fact that I'm throwing caution to the wind and enjoying myself then. So because of that I really really really wanted to do be so so good this week. Ugh, I'm having some major self loathing over this.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
DD today and I think the lack of calories has made me loose my mind. Actually I have a lot going on and I'm getting ready to leave for a mini vacation and a work trip and packing and hosting a lot of marketing events for work....etc... Anyways, I just wasn't thinking and went over my calories for this DD. im technically a few days out of my first two weeks so I should even be under the 500 mark by now but I didn't even keep it to 500 today. I just wasn't thinking about what I was putting in my mouth and without realizing it, I hit about 675 for the day. Here's what I just realized I did-

B: just coffee
L: here's where it all went wrong- 4 steamed spinach/tofu dumplings (theBEST on earth!!!) and a big cup of wonton soup. I'm guessing at least 300 calories. I thought I could just sip on the broth and eat one or two dumplings- yeah right.
S: protein shake 110
Second snack cause I forgot all about the shake!: Wendy's small chili and 4 saltines. 220
D: well that was dinner but I do have a salad if I want it, and based on the ravenousness today, im sure im gonna end up diving into it. 50 calories?

So what do I do? Forgive myself and move on to my UD tomorrow? If I do should I tweak my UD calories at all (like cut back based on how far I went over). Do I say forget it, and make this a MD or even an UD (although my UD calories are 2600 im sure i could get there) What to do? I KNOW your going to tell me that JUDDD is forgiving I'm just still used to the rigidity of LC eating and so afraid I screwed all my hard work up. I'm on vacation for my birthday for 4 days this weekend and already coming to terms with the fact that I'm throwing caution to the wind and enjoying myself then. So because of that I really really really wanted to do be so so good this week. Ugh, I'm having some major self loathing over this.
675 calories is still, most likely, within your DD ranges per the calculator. No biggie. Regular rotations to commence. JUDDD forgives, and you haven't even given it anything to forgive!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It's perfectly fine. You are still well-within WLM (weight-loss-mode). I've had many DDs that were in the range you ate today. Don't even worry about it, and stick to your rotations if you can.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yep

I am going to tell you JUDDD is forgiving, 675 is not even in the running for the DD oopsie of the week award, and you should just take a deep breath, repeat "This is real life, things happen and the world does not end" a few times.

You did not scream, "Too late! I might as well eat the pantry!" You brought it all back under control very gracefully.

Isn't is amazing? There is every chance this will have absolutely no effect on how much you lose this week - you will probably lose at the same rate you were before.

JUDDD forgives much more than this (as you will find and learn to trust in time).

Just don't overeat DDs on a weekly basis.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Yah, what Dawn said. Wouldn't worry about it and carry on as you have been. JUDDD is forgiving.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Really, truly, and seriously........no biggie! So be nice to yourself
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Not a biggie, just move on
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Yes 675 is perfectly fine!!! I sometimes had DD that were close to 800 and still lost ! no need to worry . You are doing great!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
What they all said! JUDDD is forgiving!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yep, it's unanimous! You did NOT screw up. You did NOT blow it. Just move on to UD from here and enjoy it!

Have good safe trips too!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
As it has been well said --- no biggie. DDs range. Some are lower (great!), some are higher (we all have those days)! You are still doing great things for yourself. Congratulations on not throwing in the towel.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Yep, been there done that! And as mentioned already JUDDD forgives. More so than any other diet I've tried!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
YOU WILL BE FINE, LIFE HAPPENS!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelly_S
Stats: 225/174/155 5'2" 45yr
WOE: 2/1/13 Shangri La (225lb); 3/13/13 JUDDD (215 lbs)
Start Date: 3/13/13 - 28 weeks on JUDDD - 41 lbs gone/51 total
I concur with everyone else here. I had a few days that made it to the 600-800 range, a few MD's and a couple of UUAD's in the past month and then stayed on track the rest of the time and I lost 11 lbs. This diet is super forgiving! I also wrote out my "Standard DD Menu" and stick to it as much as possible because I know how easy it is to munch a little extra if something is too good on a DD.
Shelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Geeze, THANK YOU ALL for talking me off the ledge!!! JUDDD has been life changing for me (can I say that after just 16 days) and, other than a meltdown of eating today, I feel like I get it, my body gets it, and it's working! But I realize it's going to take me probably a whole lot longer for my brain to get it. I also realized, that despite all of the positive weight loss I'm seeing (and will see), I still have a whole lot of emotional crapola I have to deal with that will probably be a whole lot harder to change than the weight. I'm sitting back now and reading this and realizing how totally self-loathing and guilty I felt writing this. I'll be honest, it was a total moment of feeling like a complete failure and then beating up myself over it. I am sure this is a pattern of mine. I'm a perfectionist. And the second I "mess up" or veer off track a little, I completely tear myself apart over it. I know that I put way too much pressure on myself. And when it happens, it almost always leads to me completely falling off the cliff. If I can take anything positive from this, it's that I held it together, and as bad as I felt, I didn't allow myself to completely go on a binge after it (which I surely did MULTIPLE times when I ate too many carbs on a LC Atkins induction day).
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

You did not scream, "Too late! I might as well eat the pantry!" You brought it all back under control very gracefully.
Thank you Nancy. I actually started to cry a little bit when I read this (on an airplane no less!) I didn't realize this until you pointed it out to me. And for me, this is a really, really, really big moment. Definitely a NSV for me! That's why this board is so great. Not only did I have a place to completely freak out (without any judgment) sometimes you just need someone else's perspective to realize how far your coming and how well you're actually doing.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly_S View Post
I concur with everyone else here. I had a few days that made it to the 600-800 range, a few MD's and a couple of UUAD's in the past month and then stayed on track the rest of the time and I lost 11 lbs. This diet is super forgiving! I also wrote out my "Standard DD Menu" and stick to it as much as possible because I know how easy it is to munch a little extra if something is too good on a DD.
Pardon the threadjack AndyBFK but I just have to know ...
Shelly, would you mind sharing your standard DD menu? You've been so successful so far and I'd love to know what's keeping you on track on the DD.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Thank you Nancy. I actually started to cry a little bit when I read this (on an airplane no less!) I didn't realize this until you pointed it out to me. And for me, this is a really, really, really big moment. Definitely a NSV for me! That's why this board is so great. Not only did I have a place to completely freak out (without any judgment) sometimes you just need someone else's perspective to realize how far your coming and how well you're actually doing.
Yeppers. That is a huge NSV!

The dieting lifestyle instills so much guilt, so much stress, it is just not healthy. Learning to let go is hard. I encourage you to watch for those feelings and train yourself to push them away when they come.

For example: the time will come when you face a major eating opportunity on a DD. A wedding, an award event, something extra special that pops up giving you no time to change your rotation. Think about it. You can DD at a party, you really can. But, if you decide you really want to eat on that DD give yourself permission to do so.

Really. You are not cheating. You are making a conscious decision to eat over your DD calories...and have a really good time while you do so.
No guilt. No anguish. No. Big. Deal.

Oh, eat low cal or fast before the big meal if you can. And only eat the things that taste really really good...and savor them, enjoy them. Have a good time.

The next day is UD. Eat your normal UD calories. Support returning to the rotation.

And, when the next DD comes around make it a normal, low DD.

No shame. No recriminations. After all, you gave yourself permission.

Uh ... Don't do that weekly or UDaily and it really will be alright.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-17-2013 at 02:07 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelly_S
Stats: 225/174/155 5'2" 45yr
WOE: 2/1/13 Shangri La (225lb); 3/13/13 JUDDD (215 lbs)
Start Date: 3/13/13 - 28 weeks on JUDDD - 41 lbs gone/51 total
Apologies for the threadjack, AndyBFK, but here is my "Standard Down Day Menu" for Karen. I eat small amounts every hour or two once my BP coffee has worn off around 2ish and that seems to work for me:

Bulletproof Coffee (1-2 8 oz cups regular or decaf) 5
1 tsp unsalted grassfed KerryGold butter 33
1 tsp Unrefined Coconut oil 40

1/2 cup of soup (black bean, split pea, or tomato sauce) etc. 75

1/3 cup of blueberries 27
1/3 cup of homemade Fat free yogurt 28

4-6 cups of greens (spinach, chard, cabbage, etc) 40
Package of Shiritaki noodles 0
1 LC garlic and herb cheese wedge 35
Protein of some sort or some sauce or 1 tsp oil 40

1 C of Better Than bouillion chicken broth with ACV 15

Bedtime snack
1 tsp MCT oil 33
1 tsp raw local honey 20
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder 5
Mix in a cup with a few drops of water. If I have a few calories left over I will add a tsp of chopped pecans to this for 25 cals.

Total is 396 for the day.

My breakdown for the day is something like 55% fat, 15% protein, 30% carbs. The fat seems to keep me more satisfied. I try to do organic and "bulletproof" when I can (I have a very, very tiny apartment patio garden where I grow some greens), and I eat the local raw honey before bed because it helps me with allergies and also helps me sleep. Plus, it's tasty!

I hope that helps!
Shelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
Again, apologies to AndyBFK for the threadjack.
I hope you're feeling better today and that you feel more settled in to JUDDD.
I believe that there are people here that actually used a higher number on DD than 500 to start with and still lost so there's no doubt that you'll be more than fine.
I hope you'll overcome your feelings of self-loathing around food. That breaks my heart that you feel that way.

_______
Thank you, Shelly! That helps a bunch.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, no apologies at all! I was actually going to ask the same question, so thanks Shelly for posting that for us!!! I have to incorporate more protein into my DD cals or I'll go into a blood sugar crash, but, I like the idea of making a real plan and sticking to it. I always come here and post what I've eaten on my DD, but, its usually after the fact. I think tomorrow, I will start with a written plan and stick to it all day.

Yes, thank you, it's a better day today! I'm actually happy with figuring out these feelings. I mean, it sucks that I have such an unhealthy emotional relationship to food, but that's what got me to 300+ lbs. I think so much of losing weight is dealing with all that emotional junk too. This is really the first time in my life I've been able to explore all of that. I do a lot of journaling, which is helping me get to the root of my eating issues, and I'm sure some of that comes out here in these boards. It's all part of the journey I guess!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly_S View Post
Apologies for the threadjack, AndyBFK, but here is my "Standard Down Day Menu" for Karen. I eat small amounts every hour or two once my BP coffee has worn off around 2ish and that seems to work for me:

Bulletproof Coffee (1-2 8 oz cups regular or decaf) 5
1 tsp unsalted grassfed KerryGold butter 33
1 tsp Unrefined Coconut oil 40

1/2 cup of soup (black bean, split pea, or tomato sauce) etc. 75

1/3 cup of blueberries 27
1/3 cup of homemade Fat free yogurt 28

4-6 cups of greens (spinach, chard, cabbage, etc) 40
Package of Shiritaki noodles 0
1 LC garlic and herb cheese wedge 35
Protein of some sort or some sauce or 1 tsp oil 40

1 C of Better Than bouillion chicken broth with ACV 15

Bedtime snack
1 tsp MCT oil 33
1 tsp raw local honey 20
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder 5
Mix in a cup with a few drops of water. If I have a few calories left over I will add a tsp of chopped pecans to this for 25 cals.

Total is 396 for the day.

My breakdown for the day is something like 55% fat, 15% protein, 30% carbs. The fat seems to keep me more satisfied. I try to do organic and "bulletproof" when I can (I have a very, very tiny apartment patio garden where I grow some greens), and I eat the local raw honey before bed because it helps me with allergies and also helps me sleep. Plus, it's tasty!

I hope that helps!
That sounds delicious!! I see you're in Atlanta, so did you know that Aldi's has their own version of LC cheese at 25 cals? Also, Bi-Lo has their own version too at 30 cals. I'm going to do the BPC tomorrow. I can wing the rest of the day now, and don't need to plan as much as I did in the beginning.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-17-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Andy, I am late but just wanted to add to the support. You did fine! A real NSV not to just give up and give in.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote