Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Been doing JUDDD for a month and WOW, 11 lbs gone! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802221-been-doing-juddd-month-wow-11-lbs-gone.html)

Shelly_S 04-15-2013 09:19 PM

Been doing JUDDD for a month and WOW, 11 lbs gone!

Hi everyone. I'm not a major poster because I'm still a newbie and don't have a lot to say, but I just wanted to share!

I started JUDDD on March 1st after reading the book and was eating 500 on DD's and whatever I wanted on UD's and stayed the same for 2 weeks and I was getting discouraged. Then after finding this forum (Thank God!), I realized I had to count UD calories and at my weight, my numbers needed to be 400/2000, which I've stuck with since March 13th. Well, as of 1 month later I am down 11 pounds!!! Wow!! That skinny gene has really kicked in!! And honestly, I had so much trouble with dieting in the past that I was REALLY skeptical that this would work. But it has and I haven't felt deprived!

Honestly, I was ready to give up before I found this forum. Reading about everyone's experiences gave me hope to stick with it and I'm glad I did.

I drink Bulletproof coffee every morning. I also have been eating more fat than I've ever allowed myself in my life (lots of grass fed butter, coconut oil, MCT oil) and I feel satisfied for the first time EVER on an eating plan because I can always have what I want on an UD. And I'd like to add that I've had a few MD's and a couple UUAD's too during this month and I haven't even done a lot of exercise and I used to have to exercise like a maniac to drop a pound. I work for a caterer a few days a week and that is pretty physical (and hard to be around food at times, which is why some DD's have turned into MD's). The last time I "dieted" back in 2006-2007 I was on Medifast and could barely lose by staying under 900 cals a day and my body totally went into starvation mode. After 6 years of getting my metabolism back on track, it feels so good to have found a WOE that can make me drop weight like I'm in my 20's.

My first week of DD's were a little tough with real hunger pains, not just pangs, but they have become a TON easier. I haven't even experienced the shivers since the first week.

I just really want to thank everyone on this board who has posted their experiences. Even if I'm just scouring threads, I learn something and feel supported. So even though I haven't posted much at this point, I just want to let everyone know that all your posting has made a huge difference to someone!!

grannysmith 04-15-2013 09:45 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce017.gifCongratulations! Glad you came out of lurk mode! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy096.gif

shepheka 04-15-2013 10:09 PM

Holy Cow eleven pounds! You are really rockin this program! Congradulations!:hiya:

Carly 04-16-2013 03:45 AM

That's awesome! KUTGW!:jumpjoy:

Flossyliz 04-16-2013 03:57 AM

:welcome: So glad you've joined us and you're having such an enjoyable and successful journey with JUDDD.

Whitlin' 04-16-2013 05:04 AM

Shelly, those 2 weeks before you began losing were still excellent for your health - who knows how much! Plus, yes, it does take a while before losses start for some, so you may not have so much needed to start counting UD calories as you just needed to wait for the "skinny gene to kick in", as you said. (Although, yes, I'm glad the forum here helped you realize that you'll do well by counting UD calories.)

So I think you put the program into place juuuuuust right! And now JUDDD is rewarding you. Oh, you are close to an exciting number, there! :)Very happy for you.

I get to use our new smilie for you! :newbie: We are so happy you are here!

gotsomeold 04-16-2013 05:21 AM

:clap: Happy Dance for Shelly! :clap:

Isn't this forum amazing? Like you, I don't know what I would do without my LCF and JUDDD BUDDDs.

tofucheez 04-16-2013 05:35 AM

You know what else is cool....by YOUR post you have inspired and motivated many others :)

Silverrain 04-16-2013 05:36 AM

Wow, Shelly, you are doing great! 11 pounds in only a month is impressive!!

kh155 04-16-2013 06:00 AM

:clap::clap::clap: Shelly, this is FANTASTIC!!! I'm so happy you found this forum and stuck with it AND that you came out of lurk mode to celebrate this with us!
tofucheez is right ... you've inspired many, including me! :up:

Lori_:) 04-16-2013 06:22 AM

Shelly! Thank you SO much for sharing your amazing results! :high5: Your post will help everyone who may be struggling to get started with JUDDD.

I look forward to reading about your continued success on your way to goal!

:jumpjoy:

TryingJudd 04-16-2013 06:45 AM

That's a fabulous start! We look forward to sharing many more great milestones with you!!!

Flutter 04-16-2013 07:20 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psc3de9c13.gif So glad you delurked (stick around now!) and told us your wonderful story! Great job!!! So nice to "meet" you and huge kudos for doing so fabulously!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psc9a9c952.gif

shellyshebby 04-16-2013 07:37 AM

That's so awesome! It's very inspiring to me and to others, I know.
I live in Dallas, Ga. Near to Atlanta. I'm starting my third week into it.

zipp2play 04-16-2013 07:57 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

LoCarbGal 04-16-2013 08:16 AM

:welcome:! How great that you have been lurking and learning, and now you have come in to join us and motivate others out there! You're doing fantastic - 11 pounds in one month is wonderful!

KeirasMom 04-16-2013 09:00 AM

:welcome: and congratulations! That's a great loss, and it appears you've found your sweet spot. Now sit back and enjoy the ride!

Deen73 04-16-2013 09:24 AM

That is so awesome, Shelly! Thank you for sharing your story -- I am someone who can be a very slow loser in the first couple of weeks, so reading this is particularly inspiring. I was not counting my UD's at first either, but I am this time. I'm hoping to see a big difference, as you have. I'm one week in and TERRIFIED of my scale (it has, historically, been my favorite excuse for quitting!) -- so I'm holding out and not weighing until my birthday, which is June 5. I'd love to be under 220 by then -- that's the short term goal, anyway. Fingers crossed! lol

mom23kids 04-16-2013 09:50 AM

:high5:

calichris 04-16-2013 10:09 AM

Wonderful! So glad you found out what works for you ... and boy is it working! :up: And my favorite part? You didn't have to be perfect! So glad you de-lurked.

Shelly_S 04-16-2013 10:48 AM

Thank you everyone for all the warm wishes! This forum really is amazing. So many sweet JUDDD BUDDDs.

I am out of "lurk" mode. lol.

Whitlin', you are right... the 2 weeks before I began losing were probably excellent for my health. Once I started counting calories I realized that during those 2 weeks, my UD's were closer to 3000 each time! When I work my catering job, we get a free meal and the food is so rich that it is like eating out at a restaurant each night (1000+ cals) and I was even taking some home for another day! Now I mostly bring my own salads and if there is some good protein, I'll have that. But I never would have thought twice about the UD cals from reading the book, so I'm so glad to have found this forum.

Tofucheez, thank you for that. I hope that I can continue to inspire and motivate others the way everyone has for me.

Deen, I'm not as freaked out about the scale (but I used to be), but I understand how it can be an excuse for quitting. In fact, all of this started because I was reading a blog about a guy who lost 30 lbs just by tracking his weight on excel every day. He just naturally started making changes. So I thought I'd try that and within a week I got all OCD about wanting to see the graph move! So I started looking at different diets, did th Shangri-la one for a month and then found JUDDD. I put my daily weight into the spreadsheet and keep some notes about what I eat, exercise, etc. The graph looks crazy! But there is a definite downward trend even with all the bounces and they don't freak me out anymore. At some point, if I can figure out how to do it, I should post the graph so people can see the bounce.

Thanks again to everyone for your support!

JMBM 04-16-2013 11:37 AM

That's awesome Shelly!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

DaSHMith 04-16-2013 12:37 PM

Great to have you here Shelly!:welcome:

angie1 04-16-2013 12:49 PM

Awesome congrats!!!!! :D

LoCarbGal 04-16-2013 01:19 PM

/quick threadjack...

DaSH, I :love: your little yorkie avi! OMGosh, so cute! The little cocked head and everything.

Okay, gushing and threadjack over/

DaSHMith 04-16-2013 01:31 PM

Thanks LoCarbGal! That is my wonderful little buddy Miss Brady Belle Bearenstein (Brady for short ;) )

Kissa 04-16-2013 01:59 PM

Wonderful loss Shelly, well done and please don't be a stranger.

(DaSH I agree, Brady is a beauty.)

gotsomeold 04-16-2013 02:16 PM

OOOO! OOOO!

Establish a demarcation day (I used Sunday) and average the previous Sunday through Saturday. THAT can show the trend very clearly.

Also, average and graph your DDs and UDs each week. That is a good way to notice you are moving in an unproductive direction.

I do not consider myself OCD...I just love turning raw data into useful information (I keep telling me that :hyst:)

Kissa 04-16-2013 02:23 PM

Nancy you are so clever!

Librarygirl 04-16-2013 05:12 PM

:welcome: Shelly and thank you for sharing your inspiring story!!! Who said JUDDD is slow weight loss?! Um, I have said that, but you are proving that is NOT always true.:clap::clap: KUTGW!!!