Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Has anyone done a JUDDD P3 after hcg? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/802219-has-anyone-done-juddd-p3-after-hcg.html)

fufu 04-15-2013 06:46 PM

Has anyone done a JUDDD P3 after hcg?

I am new here and have done several rounds of hcg and have regained it every time. I may have thyroid/hormone issues, not sure, but I was never able to stabilize and maintain. I recently have been reading about JUDDD and am truly hoping this is the answer for me!:aprayer: I have recently relost 20 lbs on homeopathic hcg in 33 days (that includes load weight which could have been a lot). I'm just really burnt out on hcg (I've done rx and hhcg) since I have done it so much, but love the faster results. I am on my first day of a planned interruption and am thinking of trying JUDDD to hopefully maintain.

After the PI, I want to continue hhcg to lose 15-20 more lbs. and then transition to JUDD for the last bit of weight and then maintain. I would love to hear from some of you who have gone from hcg to JUDDD and how you did P3. Did you do a normal hcg P3 or did you do JUDDD? Did you do no sugar/ starch? Have you been able to continue to lose or just maintain? I really look forward to hearing from some of you and am very grateful for your time. :heart:

SlowSure 04-16-2013 03:50 AM

I think mojocat amongst others has done hcg and JUDDD.

Felina 04-16-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fufu (Post 16375587)
I am new here and have done several rounds of hcg and have regained it every time. I may have thyroid/hormone issues, not sure, but I was never able to stabilize and maintain. I recently have been reading about JUDDD and am truly hoping this is the answer for me!:aprayer: I have recently relost 20 lbs on homeopathic hcg in 33 days (that includes load weight which could have been a lot). I'm just really burnt out on hcg (I've done rx and hhcg) since I have done it so much, but love the faster results. I am on my first day of a planned interruption and am thinking of trying JUDDD to hopefully maintain.

After the PI, I want to continue hhcg to lose 15-20 more lbs. and then transition to JUDD for the last bit of weight and then maintain. I would love to hear from some of you who have gone from hcg to JUDDD and how you did P3. Did you do a normal hcg P3 or did you do JUDDD? Did you do no sugar/ starch? Have you been able to continue to lose or just maintain? I really look forward to hearing from some of you and am very grateful for your time. :heart:

I started JUDDD for my 3rd week of p3. I was having to do several correction days during the first two weeks of p3 and I said this is ridiculous, I have to figure something out.

So I started JUDDD using a low carb p3 diet until I finished p3, then I carefully started adding in carbs. That was 7 weeks ago and I'm down 7 lbs from LDW. I actually lost a little more because I think I was +1.5 when I started JUDDD.

Now I'm able to eat just about anything I want as long as I watch my calories. I used the calorie calculator from JUDDD to determine how many calories I should eat on the up days and down days.

This is working out so well for me. I too am sick of the HCG p2 food. I have done 5 rounds. I am thankful for the success with HCG but if I can get to goal (15 more pounds) with JUDDD, I much rather do that. JUDDD is very easy for me.

Yes, the weight loss is slower with JUDDD but not much slower. With HCG, figure the weight gain from loading, the weeks you are on p2, then the minimum of six weeks maintenance and you will see that the rate of losing is not much different. YMMV. I say, go for it!

fufu 04-16-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felina (Post 16375907)
I started JUDDD for my 3rd week of p3. I was having to do several correction days during the first two weeks of p3 and I said this is ridiculous, I have to figure something out.

So I started JUDDD using a low carb p3 diet until I finished p3, then I carefully started adding in carbs. That was 7 weeks ago and I'm down 7 lbs from LDW. I actually lost a little more because I think I was +1.5 when I started JUDDD.

Now I'm able to eat just about anything I want as long as I watch my calories. I used the calorie calculator from JUDDD to determine how many calories I should eat on the up days and down days.

This is working out so well for me. I too am sick of the HCG p2 food. I have done 5 rounds. I am thankful for the success with HCG but if I can get to goal (15 more pounds) with JUDDD, I much rather do that. JUDDD is very easy for me.

Yes, the weight loss is slower with JUDDD but not much slower. With HCG, figure the weight gain from loading, the weeks you are on p2, then the minimum of six weeks maintenance and you will see that the rate of losing is not much different. YMMV. I say, go for it!

Slowsure... thank you for responding! I may try to track mojocat down.

Felina, I'm so glad to hear this is working for you! I sure wish I had known about this sooner... I bet it would have saved me from struggling in my p3's and prevented me from gaining my weight back 3 times! I'm trying low carb JUDDD now for a week break. Do you think it's best not to weigh daily? I'm just so hoping this works for me!!! Are there some people JUDDD doesn't work for? Thank you so much for responding! :heart:

dawnyama 04-16-2013 02:11 PM

C'Marie was the one who did a JUDDD style P3. And I believe Angela did. A simple search of this forum led me to a few threads. Here is one:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...hcg-users.html

dawnyama 04-16-2013 02:16 PM

Here are some more:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...questions.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...questions.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...-protocol.html

fufu 04-16-2013 02:58 PM

Dawnyama,

Thank you so much! I tried searching, but I guess I didn't do it right. Anyway, I really appreciate your help and can't wait to get started with JUDDD... I finally have some hope that I will actually be able to maintain my weight for life! :heart:

mom23kids 04-16-2013 05:33 PM

:welcome:

cruddell 04-16-2013 06:53 PM

I am new to JUDDD too! I just did a 21 day round of hhcg and ended about 2 weeks ago. I went right into JUDDD doing low carb for the first week of P3. This is only my second week of JUDDD and now I am eating anything I want with lots of carbs and have been able to maintain my weight exactly at 150.2 lbs since my last day of HCG. I have a feeling that I will start losing more weight this week as I was really just wanting to maintain. I'm doing JUDDD rotations with UD's around 1700 and DD's at 500. I think I will start lowering my DD's a bit to see if that helps with losses. I forgot to mention that I am also doing JUDDD with Intermittent fasting (IF) and only eating between noon and 8 each day on both UD's and DD's. My stomach growls a lot each morning, but I feel like I'm burning fat! Today I am on an UD and am going for 1500 cals.

B: none, lemon water, tea
L: 2 eggs, whole apple, whole orange, chicken salad w/guac no dressing
3pm snack: 1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon, stevia, 1/4 soy milk
6pm: 1/2 cup oatmeal (I could live on oatmeal :)), 1/2 piece strawberry cake, 4 hershey's kisses, green smoothie, 1 piece of chocolate/mac treat

That is a ton of food and I'm only at 1200 calories!! Will plan on eating another 300 calories somehow, but I'm pretty full. I find that doing the IF keeps me very full on UD's and fairly satisfied on DD's.

Good luck on your transition to JUDDD. I'm enjoying this much more than HCG! I'm even OK with slow losses if I get to eat this much!:):)

Yennie 04-16-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruddell (Post 16377688)
Today I am on an UD and am going for 1500 cals.

You may want to be careful about making your UDs too low. If the calculator says 1700, then you shoudl try to get as close to that as possible. Part of the JUDDD magic comes from the swing between UDs and DDs - if you're lowering your UDs too much then, as dear Carly says, you're just doing low cal & not going to get the benefits of JUDDD as well!! I know it can seem counter intuitive, especially coming from something as restrictive as HCG but trust in the wisdom of our most successful JBs who always say to eat your cals!!!

fufu 04-16-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruddell (Post 16377688)
I am new to JUDDD too! I just did a 21 day round of hhcg and ended about 2 weeks ago. I went right into JUDDD doing low carb for the first week of P3. This is only my second week of JUDDD and now I am eating anything I want with lots of carbs and have been able to maintain my weight exactly at 150.2 lbs since my last day of HCG. I have a feeling that I will start losing more weight this week as I was really just wanting to maintain. I'm doing JUDDD rotations with UD's around 1700 and DD's at 500. I think I will start lowering my DD's a bit to see if that helps with losses. I forgot to mention that I am also doing JUDDD with Intermittent fasting (IF) and only eating between noon and 8 each day on both UD's and DD's. My stomach growls a lot each morning, but I feel like I'm burning fat! Today I am on an UD and am going for 1500 cals.

B: none, lemon water, tea
L: 2 eggs, whole apple, whole orange, chicken salad w/guac no dressing
3pm snack: 1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon, stevia, 1/4 soy milk
6pm: 1/2 cup oatmeal (I could live on oatmeal :)), 1/2 piece strawberry cake, 4 hershey's kisses, green smoothie, 1 piece of chocolate/mac treat

That is a ton of food and I'm only at 1200 calories!! Will plan on eating another 300 calories somehow, but I'm pretty full. I find that doing the IF keeps me very full on UD's and fairly satisfied on DD's.

Good luck on your transition to JUDDD. I'm enjoying this much more than HCG! I'm even OK with slow losses if I get to eat this much!:):)

Thank you for the warm welcome, Sara!

Cruddell, I'm so happy to hear from you since you're new to this also! That's really great that it's working for you! Today was my first DD and I'm pretty hungry. The hcg in my system really did help with hunger! I even ate two small packs of 0 calorie miracle noodles to help fill me up. Did you notice a difference when you switched to IF or did you start out doing that? I'm thinking about the food I want to eat first thing in the morning and not sure I can hold off until noon. My goal this week is just maintain which in the past has not been easy once I got off hcg.

I've been reading about the potato hack and it sounds like people have had good weight loss with it and it's also helped with reducing cravings. Have you read about it? Thank you so much for letting me know how things are going for you and I'd love it if you keep me posted!:heart:

cruddell 04-17-2013 06:45 AM

Ok, thanks for the suggestions Yennie! I ended up doing 1700 calories yesterday and lost .8 this morning AFTER an UD!!!

Fufu, I did a potato day the day before yesterday on my DD day and am going to do another potato day today on my DD! I think it works! I think it took me two weeks to maintain from HCG and now I'm starting to lose! Down to 149.4 this morning. I am hungry when I wait to eat til noon, but i've read about it, and I think my body is in fat burning mode during that time. I drink tons of water and tea at work all morning and chew gum!!! I'll keep you posted!!

:)

fufu 04-17-2013 10:54 AM

Cruddell, did you have weight gain right after P2 when you first started JUDDD? After my first up day, Monday, I didn't weigh, then yesterday I did a DD of 500 cals... no sugar/starch either day. This morning I showed a 2.8 lb. gain right after a DD!!! I was starving, so went ahead and ate a big breakfast for an up day, but I'm so scared I'm going to have a huge gain in the morning. On my past rounds, the only correction day that worked for me was Fage day. I'm trying to decide if I should do that tomorrow or keep doing JUDDD. I can't afford to keep gaining all my weight back again! Thanks for your help or anyone else reading this. :heart:

Yennie 04-17-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruddell (Post 16378344)
Ok, thanks for the suggestions Yennie! I ended up doing 1700 calories yesterday and lost .8 this morning AFTER an UD!!!

Fufu, I did a potato day the day before yesterday on my DD day and am going to do another potato day today on my DD! I think it works! I think it took me two weeks to maintain from HCG and now I'm starting to lose! Down to 149.4 this morning. I am hungry when I wait to eat til noon, but i've read about it, and I thinki my body is in fat burning mode during that time. I drink tons of water and tea at work all morning and chew gum!!! I'll keep you posted!!

:)

You're quite welcome, that's what we are here for!
Potato DDs are awesome. There are a few potato threads as well, and Adi posted one about her DD potato experiences. We also have an awesome potato thread on the paleo board in LCF, its more technical but less cumbersome than the 44 page one in JUDDD.

mojocat 04-17-2013 12:40 PM

If you have any binge eating disorders I would tread carefully with JUDDD, especially after coming out of HCG that kind of cleans the slate for you. Dr J mentions this and I can confirm it. I love JUDDD and it's at my great regret that I can't handle the every other day fasting, and I am envious to the max of those who can.

I would not recommend it on P3. P3 is the most important part of the protocol. It's when you re-set the hypothalamus after it's been resting. A fast each other day might not be the best way to re-condition that hypothalamus. Dr S suggests people eat. People who continued to diet on P3 always came back to him weak and puffy and he told them to eat eggs for breakfast, steak lunch, steak dinner and they always came back amazed with the result. You are better off eating normally, with a slant on Atkins, protein/fat/veggies - no sugar/starches whatsoever - I even didn't eat my beloved apples because of the fruit sugar.

P4 - certainly would be a great entry into the magickal world of JUDDD.

fufu 04-17-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojocat (Post 16379155)
If you have any binge eating disorders I would tread carefully with JUDDD, especially after coming out of HCG that kind of cleans the slate for you. Dr J mentions this and I can confirm it. I love JUDDD and it's at my great regret that I can't handle the every other day fasting, and I am envious to the max of those who can.

I would not recommend it on P3. P3 is the most important part of the protocol. It's when you re-set the hypothalamus after it's been resting. A fast each other day might not be the best way to re-condition that hypothalamus. Dr S suggests people eat. People who continued to diet on P3 always came back to him weak and puffy and he told them to eat eggs for breakfast, steak lunch, steak dinner and they always came back amazed with the result. You are better off eating normally, with a slant on Atkins, protein/fat/veggies - no sugar/starches whatsoever - I even didn't eat my beloved apples because of the fruit sugar.

P4 - certainly would be a great entry into the magickal world of JUDDD.

Mojocat, Thank you so much for your information! I'm actually doing a planned interruption from hhcg and then starting back next Tuesday. I was hoping to just maintain during the PI, so I could continue losing on hcg, then afterward since I never did well stabilizing in my past hcg rounds, was hoping JUDDD might work for me. Maybe you're right, though about trying my best to do a normal P3 first. I think I will try a full fat fage day tomorrow since that always worked for me in the past and then just do normal P3 eating until the end of my PI. Were you able to stabilize after hcg? Sorry... I can't read your stats on this page.

mojocat 04-17-2013 01:54 PM

Yes I stabilised in P3 in all rounds no problem. I didn't introduce trigger foods like sugar or starches in P4 and I walked for 1 to 2 hours every day I had so much energy. I felt great. Then Christmas came and I ate the wrong food so I tried a potato hack to get some weight off. Big mistake, this is how we are all different because soooo many people do well on the PH. I got severe hypo symptoms, shaking, lightheadedness, rapid heart beat and I stopped the hack. The very next day was when binge eating hit me with it's full force. I now know that I am highly carb sensitive and just can't add them into my diet ever, if I wish to stay slim.

I'm doing one last final round I hope, to get a clean slate and sweep the binge mindset away from me. I've downloaded an ebook about P3 stabilisation which they say their patients rarely have to have a CD and it limits dairy and recommends working up to a 1500 calorie diet - so maintenance calories I guess i.e. supposedly normal eating. It also recommends limiting the fats. Now if you read other forums they will have you eating a whole ton of fats. This time I might tone it down somewhat and take some of their suggestions on board.

fufu 04-17-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojocat (Post 16379299)
Yes I stabilised in P3 in all rounds no problem. I didn't introduce trigger foods like sugar or starches in P4 and I walked for 1 to 2 hours every day I had so much energy. I felt great. Then Christmas came and I ate the wrong food so I tried a potato hack to get some weight off. Big mistake, this is how we are all different because soooo many people do well on the PH. I got severe hypo symptoms, shaking, lightheadedness, rapid heart beat and I stopped the hack. The very next day was when binge eating hit me with it's full force. I now know that I am highly carb sensitive and just can't add them into my diet ever, if I wish to stay slim.

I'm doing one last final round I hope, to get a clean slate and sweep the binge mindset away from me. I've downloaded an ebook about P3 stabilisation which they say their patients rarely have to have a CD and it limits dairy and recommends working up to a 1500 calorie diet - so maintenance calories I guess i.e. supposedly normal eating. It also recommends limiting the fats. Now if you read other forums they will have you eating a whole ton of fats. This time I might tone it down somewhat and take some of their suggestions on board.

Mojocat, It is so strange how everybody reacts so differently to things! I tend to get my hopes up when I read about how others go through P3 so easily eating dairy, etc. with no gains or go directly from P2 to JUDDD without issues. Then I get disappointed when it doesn't work that way for me. That's too bad the PH didn't work for you, but it sounds like you are figuring things out. Where would I be able to get that ebook for P3 you mentioned?

mojocat 04-17-2013 02:37 PM

If you do a search for Candace Ekberg you will get her site. She wrote it in collaboration with Sonia Hill who is an advocate for the 800 protocol. Candace is a PT who tried both the 500 and 800 over time; and she lost more weight, inches and BF on the 800 and shows her stats as proof. Some HCGers here are doing Sonia's program - I think there is an ebook and she also has opened a new clinic in Florida, if you anywhere near there. I have always been POP with Dr S's original protocol, but heck with subsequent rounds the food doesn't get any better.

fufu 04-17-2013 03:17 PM

Mojo,
You got that right about the P2 food! You have so much great, helpful info and I really appreciate you sharing it with me! :heart: I'm sure you've been researching a lot. It seems like that's all I do trying to find the way for me to finally maintain after I lose the weight again. When are you planning on going into P3 this time? I would love to find out how it goes. Also, the people you mentioned doing 800 calorie P2's... from your reading, did it sound like they found they lost more weight that way?

mojocat 04-17-2013 06:27 PM

Hmm from what I've read I don't think 800 is any quicker than 500; perhaps less muscle loss as the extra protein/calories conserve the muscle but that is all the talk of the people promoting the 800. Who knows unless you do a battery of fat testing before and after and then it might be dependant on other variables. Mind you it's probably more comfortable for people to stick with 800 but it's only extra protein, an extra fruit and egg whites for breakfast. And you don't have to go 800, you can go 550 one-day and the other day higher, lower, depends how you feel.

At this stage I'm halfway so no P3 in sight yes unless I stop losing (I'm close to goal and the weight loss has been crawling). I will re-assess as I go along. At this stage, no hunger and I've gone rogue this time in that I add the occasional 0% greek fat which tastles like cream to me and is so decadent. Dr S himself allowed the occasional cottage cheee and GY has far more protein, about 17 grams so I justify it that way. The more rounds I have the more rogueish I become - as I said the food...chicken breast :p....fish.....:p.....cabbage....:p