Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolPsych1979 View Post
Thank you. I did the calculator on the website. Said my DD was 450? Should I just stick with that or the proverbial 500?
Also thanks for the advice on the scale. I'm a slave to it so I'll remember to weigh only once a week.
You could do either and be successful - it's up to you! Some people have found 500 cals hard at first, so they've worked down to it, others seem not too bothered. The down days get easier overall over time.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Way down deep in the science, LC and the various forms of IF are all ketogenic WOEs that activate a natural survival mechanism (ketosis and sirtuin enzyme activation) most bodies have. Both are very good ways to improve health while losing weight. (And, yes, this does mean some JUDDD BUDDDs will see ketostix turn pink on DD.)

LC usually got me down about 20 pounds. Then I stalled. Over and over. Experiments convinced me that my female, post-menopausal body needed more carbs than LC allowed. At low carb levels I felt great, but I did not lose.

Following JUDDDs rotations, first eating LC then gradually re-introducing carbs, broke the stall. I averaged about two pounds lost a month. Oh, and I have been in maintenance for almost eight months and am finding JUDDD/IF makes maintenance amazingly stable and easy. Heck, I am buying winter clothing at close-out prices because I know those outfits are going to fit next winter!

Oh, when I started JUDDD my calculated DDs were about 395. I started at about 800/DD, took a week to work down to 500, stayed around 500 until I have to drop to about 400 during the dreaded last 10 pounds (which zipped away in four weeks).

One more thing. For some bodies, JUDDD Magic takes hold immediately. Others take about a month to hit their weight loss pattern. Depending on your system, one week may or may not be enough to know how quickly you will lose weight. We usually encourage people to commit for a month, then assess the results.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I love both LC and JUDDD, and see them both in my future. I've lost 106.5 pounds since late January 2012. First 54.5 on Atkins in 7 months and next 52 on JUDDD (sometimes LC, sometimes not) in 7 months, so for me, they're really about the same speed.

I don't think 100 by October would be do-able, unless you resorted to hcg. For me that is way too restrictive, but if you're really motivated to do it that fast, you may have great results.

I hope you'll give JUDDD a try. You really, truly can enjoy eating again with it, and just having to wait a day to have what you really want is a godsend. Totally changes the way you think about food. It does take time to get that mindset, but it'll settle over you like a comfortable blanket when you're not looking.

Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Im currently doing both...I prefer JUDDD but lose faster keeping the carbs low.Im getting closer to my goal and decided to see if sticking with lc foods could get the ball rolling again.I NEED the 150s...lol
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SchoolPsych1979
Stats: 255/244/145
WOE: ALMOST NO CARBS, with artificial sweeteners
Start Date: 03/25/2013
Thank you guys!
SchoolPsych1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

What is the actual definition of juddd magic
Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

LC usually got me down about 20 pounds. Then I stalled. Over and over. At low carb levels I felt great, but I did not lose.
Oh sing it sister! I could've written this myself. "slow" weight loss really depends on the person. For me, I have LC'd at least once a year for the past 10 years! And every time, I lost maybe 10 -15lbs and that was it. I never, ever, ever broke past my stalls. Yet I kept doing it, because I would hear of all these great results other people were having. I just kept telling myself, this time, I'll be more strict, I'll add in more exercise, less exercise, High Fat, moderate protein, not eating at night, eating everything at night you name it, I thought I could make LC work for me. And in the end, it just doesn't. It does make me feel great though, and I have some blood sugar issues, so I KNOW it's good for me. I was committed to do JUDDD with hardcore Atkins type LC. Yeah, that didn't happen. But, I do stay at a moderate carb level most days (not all days though) and I really try to get my calories from protein. I'm only here 2 1/2 weeks, but I have lost more in that time (while ADDING in carbs) than I did in the last 6 weeks of LC eating.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBFK View Post
Oh sing it sister! I could've written this myself. "slow" weight loss really depends on the person. For me, I have LC'd at least once a year for the past 10 years! And every time, I lost maybe 10 -15lbs and that was it. I never, ever, ever broke past my stalls. Yet I kept doing it, because I would hear of all these great results other people were having. I just kept telling myself, this time, I'll be more strict, I'll add in more exercise, less exercise, High Fat, moderate protein, not eating at night, eating everything at night you name it, I thought I could make LC work for me. And in the end, it just doesn't. It does make me feel great though, and I have some blood sugar issues, so I KNOW it's good for me. I was committed to do JUDDD with hardcore Atkins type LC. Yeah, that didn't happen. But, I do stay at a moderate carb level most days (not all days though) and I really try to get my calories from protein. I'm only here 2 1/2 weeks, but I have lost more in that time (while ADDING in carbs) than I did in the last 6 weeks of LC eating.
Wow, thanks for putting that in perspective! Good luck to both of us!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What is JUDDD Magic?

Oh, good question!

On DDs, on other patterns of IF, and when eating LC your body activates sirtuin enzymes that do a lot of cellular cleanup which supports ketosis. On UDs you stop activating those enzymes. Turns out this is a good thing because it is possible to cleanup too much (which might explain LC stalls - too much cleanup may put stress on the body). Over time this intermittent cleanup enhances health. And, of course, it supports weight loss via fat burning.

IF/LC eating also releases dopamine in your brain. This is happy juice that tends to relieve stress, enhance sleep, and do other good things.

Over time, all this good stuff reaches a kind of saturation level in your body. JUDDD energy (or LC energy) kicks in. Sometimes the energy builds up gradually, sometimes it 'hits'. When I started JUDDD I lost about a pound a week and felt some discomfort on DDs. Until Wednesday of week four when I realized I was truly not hungry, had energy to spare, and felt just plain good. After that, I lost two pounds a week.

That is the physical part.

The psychological part is wonderful. It happens after the energy kicks in. It happens when you have three UUADs in a row because you are on vacation. You bounce up six pounds. Two DD/UD rotations later you are two pounds lower than when you started.

It happens when you realize you can truly trust JUDDD. You may stumble, but JUDDD really does forgive. It happens for some of us when we realize we are learning so much about how our bodies work that we can actually look forward to losing the weight and to keeping it off.

The magic is dieting every other day works for a huge number of people.

The magic is realizing and truly believing dieting every other day is going to work for you personally.

The magic is living it.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Quote:
What is JUDDD Magic?

Oh, good question!

On DDs, on other patterns of IF, and when eating LC your body activates sirtuin enzymes that do a lot of cellular cleanup which supports ketosis. On UDs you stop activating those enzymes. Turns out this is a good thing because it is possible to cleanup too much (which might explain LC stalls - too much cleanup may put stress on the body). Over time this intermittent cleanup enhances health. And, of course, it supports weight loss via fat burning.

IF/LC eating also releases dopamine in your brain. This is happy juice that tends to relieve stress, enhance sleep, and do other good things.

Over time, all this good stuff reaches a kind of saturation level in your body. JUDDD energy (or LC energy) kicks in. Sometimes the energy builds up gradually, sometimes it 'hits'. When I started JUDDD I lost about a pound a week and felt some discomfort on DDs. Until Wednesday of week four when I realized I was truly not hungry, had energy to spare, and felt just plain good. After that, I lost two pounds a week.

The psychological part is wonderful. It happens after the energy kicks in. It happens when you have three UUADs in a row because you are on vacation. You bounce up six pounds. Two DD/UD rotations later you are two pounds lower than when you started.

It happens when you realize you can truly trust JUDDD. You may stumble, but JUDDD really does forgive. It happens for some of us when we realize we are learning so much about how our bodies work that we can actually look forward to losing the weight and to keeping it off.

The magic is realizing and truly believing dieting every other day is going to work for you personally.

The magic is living it.
Excellent post
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
What is JUDDD Magic?

Oh, good question!

The magic is living it.
Could not have said it better myself! Great post Nancy!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so glad you popped in to post that Nancy! I read SchoolPsych's question late last night and had no brain power to formulate any kind of answer. I loved reading that this morning. Your posts are what made me start to understand what JUDDD can do for us when I first ventured in here, and you're still helping me! Thanks lady!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Wonderful post Nancy!!!!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
pro's and con's

well with JUDDD you have to really count your calories in the beginning. With low carb, if your hungry you know you can have a steak or egg or something even if you close to your carb limit.

Low carb is really restrictive, where with JUDDD you can eat what you want as long as it falls in your calorie count. I once had a day of the doughnut. I ate so many doughnuts and nothing else.... (PMS LOL!!!) it all fell in my calorie count and life was good!! Well til the sugar crash but thats another story lol!!

Well honestly, I could sit here and list all the pro's and con's but its all in all what you make it. If the low carb lifestyle is something you think would work best then do it. JUDDD sometimes is the better choice for others.

My preference is JUDDD, its nice knowing even if I eat out on a DD...I can still eat. A kids meal from McDonalds is quite felling on a DD! I never ate out much with Atkins though. I always hated ordering McD's burgers (3 of them) and throwing away all that bread. For me JUDDD is a better choice.

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I hear ya, Katie!! Yes, you would need 3 burgers to get even kinda full, without the condiments and bread. I hated that too.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krazy cat
Stats: 280/working on it/145
WOE: Atkins '72-ish
Start Date: 2/22/12-Atkins; 2/13/13-LC/JUDDD; Jun '14-Atkins72
Very informative post Nancy!! Thank you!
krazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
SchoolPsych ... thank you so much for asking what JUDDD magic is so that Nancy would pop in to explain.
I love the answer!
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

You guys seriously rock. Thanks for the explanation! Awesome posts!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What is JUDDD Magic?

Oh, good question!

The magic is living it.
Poetry! Love your post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am really glad if my long-winded explanations help someone! I find all of this both fascinating and very important - there is so much about our health and weight that is just beginning to be understood.

Sorry I am around so infrequently these days. Life is interrupting my plans big time . Ah well, all things pass. Hopefully someday I will have time to really catch up on what is happening in the wonderful, complex world of JUDDD BUDDDs and LCF!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #51
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
No one has a way with words like Nancy.

Totally know what you mean about life interfering. It is lovely to see you when you do pop by.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote