Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,730
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
That's so cool that you know someone here IRL! Yes, please take lunch with your DW and friend and make time for something other than work!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,648
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
That's so cool that you know someone here IRL! Yes, please take lunch with your DW and friend and make time for something other than work!!
I know it's important and this promotion and rather large raise comes with loads of added responsibility. A Friday lunch will give me something to look forward too. Especially outside when it's warm. I don't like to eat at my desk, because I have a laptop at work and fear spilling on the desk/laptop and our cafe has chairs that hurt my back, but the deck I like. Last summer it was Fr.fr.fr. Freezing with the AC so warm up breaks on the deck are required. I also heat myself under the hand dryer in the ladies room
__________________
<---- Before Carly
10.0 lbs lost on LC/low cal. (2/21/12-3/27/12)
65.8 lbs lost on JUDDD (3/28/12- 4/18/13)
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!
 
Shari4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 1,090
Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
I agree with Dawn! It is really cool that you know someone from here IRL! And the lunch break is really good for the brain & body!! Congrats on the low weight!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,865
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Rox I am sure you'll manage the extra UD. Of course it isn't ideal but don't beat yourself up.

It is only one meal, it doesn't mean you have to have a binge day. I think with 5:2 it is not as vital to eat up to UD calories on each and every UD.

You may slow down your loss, but that doesn't mean 5:2 is not for you.

Lovely to see everyone enjoying the freedom of this so much. Me too.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #95
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringamajig View Post
I started 4:3 on Monday.

UD, Monday, Wed, Friday, and Sunday. DD on Tue, Thursday, and Saturday.

Well, I just found about 1:00 today that we have a luncheon tomorrow for my husband's company, this is an appreciation function that they put on for all buyers. Well, I now need a UD tomorrow also, this will make 4 UD in a row for me as I do not want to change my days I have set. I guess this will be a 5:2 week for me after all. I hope I don't gain like crazy, I am not ready for maintenance by any means. Thoughts? I .
Rox
I'd just do 5:2 to fit in the special event and then go back to 4:3 afterward

Added an extra dd yesterday to offset the uuad I had on Thursday and I'm back down to 130lbs this morning Kind of leaning towards wanting my maintenance range being in the 127-129 range now, so I may do three more potato hack days next week, after an ud weekend. We'll see!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,625
Gallery: adillenal
I am doing my second weekend of two UD's in a row which for me is 4:3. I bounced up a bit but am still below my high range that I will allow which is 140. Will continue 4:3 as long as I never see 140 on the scale. Monday DD was really hard for me this week though so I will really have to watch next Monday. I had a goat show or a craft show every weekend through the middle of June is why I started this but backed out on this weekend's show to get ready for Next weekend's show. I do the traveling to these shows on the Friday before and that is a DD and I find traveling and DD's to be easy so here's hoping.
__________________
adi 5'7" 65 years old
181/155/145 LC MY WAY 3/15/03
155/144/140 LFL 5/05/04
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 197
Gallery: Ringamajig
Stats: 187.0/175.5/150.0 Start JUDDD 3-23-13
WOE: JUDDD?
Start Date: 3-23-13
Thanks Kissa.

I have found that I have not been getting up to my max on my UD anyways, so I guess that is in my favor doing the 4:3 or the 5:2 either way.
I am enjoying this WOE much more than I did low carb, I am so glad that I found
JUDDD!

Thanks Mom23Kids. You are doing great with the 4:3 and 5:2 combination. Since you are almost at maintenance are you going to switch to 5:2 on regular basis?

Adi, Monday's tend to be hard for me too. I am not sure if it is because I eat more over the weekend, or if I am just tired with starting back to work. This is why I switched to 4:3 with an UD every Monday.

I am going to get some Ptero this morning as soon as Vitamin store opens. I have read pretty much through the entire thread and see that several take 2 50mg together in the morning without headaches. So, I think that is my plan.

Have a great Saturday all.
Roxanne
Ringamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member
 
LifeIsGood2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 91
Gallery: LifeIsGood2013
WOE: Intuitive Eating
Start Date: 4/2014
Hello JUDDD BUDDDs,

I have two questions today -

1) Can/will SIRT be activated using the 5:2 method for a or is JUDDD EOD induction the only way to make this happen?

2) If keeping with JUDDD induction do you have to do EOD rotations to activate SIRT or would something like DD MWF, UD Tues-Thurs-Sat, and MD Sunday work? Or even 4:3?

I am hoping to make this as user-friendly for my DH as I can. He has done a couple of DD's but isn't really 'enjoying' life right now. I should mention that he is doing this only for the health benefits and not to lose weight.

Thanks!
LifeIsGood2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #99
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringamajig View Post
Thanks Kissa.

I have found that I have not been getting up to my max on my UD anyways, so I guess that is in my favor doing the 4:3 or the 5:2 either way.
I am enjoying this WOE much more than I did low carb, I am so glad that I found
JUDDD!

Thanks Mom23Kids. You are doing great with the 4:3 and 5:2 combination. Since you are almost at maintenance are you going to switch to 5:2 on regular basis?

Adi, Monday's tend to be hard for me too. I am not sure if it is because I eat more over the weekend, or if I am just tired with starting back to work. This is why I switched to 4:3 with an UD every Monday.

I am going to get some Ptero this morning as soon as Vitamin store opens. I have read pretty much through the entire thread and see that several take 2 50mg together in the morning without headaches. So, I think that is my plan.

Have a great Saturday all.
Roxanne
I've actually been in maintenance for about a month now, doing 5:2 However, this week I threw in an extra dd, due to a potlock brunch I enjoyed too much on Thursday I also want to tweak my maintenance range now, from 130-133, to 127-129, so next week I may go into weight loss mode and see what happens.

Last edited by mom23kids; 04-20-2013 at 07:45 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member
 
scalestepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 769
Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning!
Glad everyone is doing good.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #101
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood2013 View Post
Hello JUDDD BUDDDs,

I have two questions today -

1) Can/will SIRT be activated using the 5:2 method for a or is JUDDD EOD induction the only way to make this happen?

2) If keeping with JUDDD induction do you have to do EOD rotations to activate SIRT or would something like DD MWF, UD Tues-Thurs-Sat, and MD Sunday work? Or even 4:3?

I am hoping to make this as user-friendly for my DH as I can. He has done a couple of DD's but isn't really 'enjoying' life right now. I should mention that he is doing this only for the health benefits and not to lose weight.

Thanks!
I don't know how the whole sirt gene thing works with 5:2, I don't know that it's ever been researched?
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,296
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Having my birthday yum, yums today. I didn't end up with a good DD yesterday though. I think I ended w/ around 1200 to 1400 calories, so definitely after today gotta get back on track. Prob will try some potato hacking, or at least on my DD's.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.