Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
Here, you didn't get a smilie...

Up, Up and Away day!
Ha, ha cute smiley!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryKeeper View Post
As a newbie, I've read the importance of good DD/UD rotations. I'd like to do more of a 5:2 ratio, but want to know what you veterans think. Thanks!
Jeanette and ! I am just starting 5:2/4:3, so I don't think I'm the one to give you advice, however, you will find a lot of good info and support here! Glad you're with us!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning!

It's good to read that everyone is doing good.

This morning I decided to try my next size down panties and they slipped right on! woohoo Now to check out next size down jeans and shorts!

You know, I don't really know what I'm doing, I intend to do 5:2 with an 8 hour window, some of my UD's just don't get much higher than 7-900 calories but my DD was usually about 350. I do have one or 2 good UD a week . Doing the 8 hour window has really helped me.

I hope you guys have a great day!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Good morning!

This morning I decided to try my next size down panties and they slipped right on! woohoo Now to check out next size down jeans and shorts!

You know, I don't really know what I'm doing, I intend to do 5:2 with an 8 hour window, some of my UD's just don't get much higher than 7-900 calories but my DD was usually about 350. I do have one or 2 good UD a week . Doing the 8 hour window has really helped me.

Yay for smaller undies
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
An 8 hr window for eating, scalestepper? What did you have before?
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
An 8 hr window for eating, scalestepper? What did you have before?
24/7

ty Sara!

Last edited by scalestepper; 04-15-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Argh! Definitely a better plan, matey!
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jouette
Stats: goal: to lose 20-25lbs
WOE: trying 5:2 fast diet
Start Date: 4.8.13
i'm doing this plan too, i started last week with M & W as my 2 DD. so far, so good. i felt very invigorated last week & looking fwd to this week, seeing where this whole 5:2 thing takes me! today is my 2nd Monday DD & i'm ready!
jouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
Quote:
24/7

ty Sara!
I really did
Too funny.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/153.5/133
WOE: Currently: JUDDDkins
Start Date: 10/18/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
How are you doing on DD's? If they are a struggle, 5:2 might be a good way to ease into JUDDD.

I'm doing 5:2 along with low carb. It's too soon to tell if I'm losing faster, but I doubt that I would lose much of anything if I was only doing 5:2.
I am going to see how it goes, and if I can't handle it, I will go to 5:2. Thanks so much for taking time to post. I'm doing LC as well. I call it JUDDDkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrich2 View Post
I'm so glad I'm starting this today. I weighed in and am right back where I started from last April. I had gotten down to 193 and then after a series of funerals and holidays and just plain frustration with the whole process this is where I am. Sigh. It is TOM, so a few pounds are likely from that too, but still, to have gone so far backward is sad and embarrassing. I started LC as a group with friends last year and 2 are at goal (not as much to lose, but still) and the other 2 are keeping what they've lost off beautifully. I'm so happy for them, but it's so hard for me. Today is a new day and a new WOE that I hope will work for me!
I understand your frustration. I'm struggling with some weight gain from the holidays. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I don't lose at all on 5:2, which is fine since I'm in maintenance, but I probably would have been very frustrated if I was trying to lose. I think some have been able to lose with 5:2, though.
I can't decide if I want to lose more or just maintain. Deep in my heart I want to lose 20 more pounds. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
If you were starting at the beginning of your weight loss journey I'd say start with 5:2. There's lots of people losing weight on this plan on different forums. However, since you've already lost so much weight (congrats!!!), then you might want to try JUDDD/every other day rotations first. For most of us here 5:2 works great for maintenance but not so much for weight loss. But we've already lost the bulk of our weight/called goal and that seems to affect 5:2 somehow.

After a pretty generous weekend I'm up 2lbs. I'm doing a potato md today, but so far have absolutely no hunger this morning, even after doing a brisk two mile walk. Might not eat till this afternoon
Thanks so much for the congrats! I've done well on hcg, but that doesn't necessarily make for an easy transition to JUDDD as I thought it would. I'm so short that my DD calories are low 300s. My friend said just to stay under 500 and I should do okay. 500 seems so much more workable than the low 300s. I've got to plan for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Jeanette and ! I am just starting 5:2/4:3, so I don't think I'm the one to give you advice, however, you will find a lot of good info and support here! Glad you're with us!
Thanks so much! Super support here!

Quote:
Good morning!

YIPPEE DOODLES! THAT'S AWESOME!

Start Weight: 233.5 (06/05/2011)
hcg 1 (Oct. 2011): 218/198
hcg 2 (Feb. 2012): 198/184
hcg 3 (April 2012): 184/167.5
hcg 4 (July 2012): 165.5/153.5
(June 2014) Need Refresher 183.0
MemoryKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #41
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouette View Post
i'm doing this plan too, i started last week with M & W as my 2 DD. so far, so good. i felt very invigorated last week & looking fwd to this week, seeing where this whole 5:2 thing takes me! today is my 2nd Monday DD & i'm ready!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
So, I've been trying 5:2 for the last couple of weeks. I did 4:3 for a few weeks short of a year followed by 2 months of IF eating with a window. The jury is still out on whether this works better for weight loss. But, what I can say is that it feels better and because of that it just has to work better, right? When I did famine/feast/famine/feast/famine/feast/feast it was exactly that...too little one day and often an UUAD or even a planned indulgence basically balanced the fasting out. How 5:2 works out for me is more like normal/low/normal/low/high/normal/normal. Both weeks I had one day that was a little higher than I wanted. But since there where less low days, there were also less high days and I never felt deprived or dread about the impending low day that comes tomorrow. So, I ate better on the "high" days. I hope that made sense?
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
[QUOTE=KeirasMom;16371956]157.4 this morning, after my 159.4 2 days ago. Whew. It's been 12 days since I saw 160. May be time to change my stats to maintaining between 157-159. Not a bad bounce at all with all the UDs I'm having now. [/QUOT

I am so happy for you. Wish I could get to that...I just keep going up 2lbs and down 2lbs and making no progress. Am seriously wondering about using meal replacement shake on the DD's but then they are full of lots of unwanted stuff. I am sure that I don't go over 600 on any DD.... Plus I exercise loads...very frustrating.
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Lola - try juicing fruits and veg for your DD. Curbs hunger surprisingly well and you get tons of nutrition for very low calories. Keep the carrots and apples lower than greens and berries for even more bang for your buck.

As long as you put a half lemon and an apple in with greens it all tastes good. You'd easily stay inside 500 cals with four generous juices a day.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimrich2
Stats: 212/202/160
WOE: LC + 5:2
Start Date: April 15, 2013 Restart
First DD was a complete success! Clocked in at 488 calories and this morning am down 4.6 pounds. I know this won't happen every DD and is likely a bunch of water, but it's nice to see. I wasn't hungry until an hour or 2 after dinner, but I just crawled into bed and went to sleep instead of staying downstairs where I had easy access to food. The daytime was fine, no hunger really at all!
kimrich2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #46
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrich2 View Post
First DD was a complete success! Clocked in at 488 calories and this morning am down 4.6 pounds. I know this won't happen every DD and is likely a bunch of water, but it's nice to see. I wasn't hungry until an hour or 2 after dinner, but I just crawled into bed and went to sleep instead of staying downstairs where I had easy access to food. The daytime was fine, no hunger really at all!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Lola - try juicing fruits and veg for your DD. Curbs hunger surprisingly well and you get tons of nutrition for very low calories. Keep the carrots and apples lower than greens and berries for even more bang for your buck.

As long as you put a half lemon and an apple in with greens it all tastes good. You'd easily stay inside 500 cals with four generous juices a day.
Thanks for that advice...need to buy a juicer first though...Sorry that's something I haver never done. Though I.ve seen on net you can use blender...so maybe give that a try. What sort of quantities do you use for a days worth of juices. Thank you any help appreciated.

Last edited by lola5k; 04-16-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186.5/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
A successful DD yesterday and have a plan in mind for today. Having a greek yogurt with nuts right now and am craving a big salad for lunch. I'm supposed to play golf tonight, but the weather is not looking great.

Went to boot camp this morning and had a great workout.......lots of calories to burn today! 2 days in a row of boot camp and was going to take tomorrow off, but we're boxing.......have to go!!

Have a great day!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #49
Established

Started Mark Lauren's strength training program yesterday and think it's going to be great for toning! I also reavaluated where I'm at, goals etc and have bumped down my maintenance range to 130-133. Eventually I forsee my range being in the 120s, which is still a healthy range for my age/height etc. I spent a lot of time on body gallery yesterday, looking at women who had my stats, but weight typically ranged in the 123-128 range and especially those who you could tell did strength training. They looked healthy and fit and that's my new end goal, more than a number on a scale.

Still doing my modified 5:2 plan, but cutting back on sugar and doing strength training, along with doing regular potato dds, may lower my weight a bit. Then again, muscle weighs more than fat, so as I do strength training I may gain weight

On a side note, my dh complained this morning that my jeans were too baggy-I was wearing the new size fours I had just bought last week! I was half flattered, half ticked off Waist wise, they fit really well but I swear walking has done crazy things for my legs already! I can't fathom ever being able to fit into a size two, but I may have to start buying more skinny jean type of fits. Of course it all depends on what goodwill has
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

That is just awesome Sara, you inspire me. I am past due for the treadmill. Woohoo on the jeans! I would love to trust myself with a potato DD. KUTGW!

Yay on the good DD Lori, bootcamp is great!

tytyty Jeanette!

kimi, lola,

me too Karen

I hope everyone has a good day. I've begun my spring cleaning, pots and pans cabinet this morning...decided less is best...done!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
A successful DD yesterday and have a plan in mind for today. Having a greek yogurt with nuts right now and am craving a big salad for lunch. I'm supposed to play golf tonight, but the weather is not looking great.

Went to boot camp this morning and had a great workout.......lots of calories to burn today! 2 days in a row of boot camp and was going to take tomorrow off, but we're boxing.......have to go!!

Have a great day!
Lori I weighed this morning after yesterday being my first DD since last Wednesday and I was down .1. Not much I know, however, it was the first weigh in after having 4 consecutive UD's and only 1 DD. Anxious to weigh in Saturday morning.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #52
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiiifit View Post
So, I've been trying 5:2 for the last couple of weeks. I did 4:3 for a few weeks short of a year followed by 2 months of IF eating with a window. The jury is still out on whether this works better for weight loss. But, what I can say is that it feels better and because of that it just has to work better, right? When I did famine/feast/famine/feast/famine/feast/feast it was exactly that...too little one day and often an UUAD or even a planned indulgence basically balanced the fasting out. How 5:2 works out for me is more like normal/low/normal/low/high/normal/normal. Both weeks I had one day that was a little higher than I wanted. But since there where less low days, there were also less high days and I never felt deprived or dread about the impending low day that comes tomorrow. So, I ate better on the "high" days. I hope that made sense?
This is precisely how I feel, and I love it.

I have just done 4 UD in a row and am so enjoying my DD. Just about to make a salad which I will dress with real dressing and that will be me for the day.

126.2 after 4 UDs is an amazing thing to me.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Jouette, Lynn, Beverly
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone....you are all doing so well and its so encouraging reading all your success.

Scalestepper : loved your 24/7 remark made me chuckle

Kissa: you keep it cool with your maintaining excellent after 4 UD's

Book Nerd yes you may weigh more as that muscle kicks in but muscle is a working organ and will be more beneficial for your weight loss. I think we all stress too much over those numbers on the scales (I know that I do!!) when also its about how lean and toned we also look. Great work.

Lori: Great with bootcamp and that you enjoy your boxing all that exercise should surely be helping with the plan.

Kim: woo hoo

Starazer: Hi...still looking into the juicing options on the down day. Would love some feedback about quantities for a day's worth.

Had a good DD yesterday and sat at 550 calories. Reward down 2lbs...so just need to make sure that it doesn't go back on today. So gonna try to keep very low carb and up the proteins.

Hi to anyone else that I have missed. Have a good day.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #55
Established

Morning everyone! Holding steady at 130.5 for the past couple days, which is great Thursdays are usually my dd of the week, but I have a church brunch tomorrow, so going to do my dd today and have a normal day tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #56

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
155.2 today. New low by nearly 2 pounds, but I wasn't well yesterday and suspect it's a false low, due to being completely empty.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #57

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow Dawn, hope you are feeling better, but 2 pounds down is quite something.

I am away from my friendly scales until Sunday, but was happy enough with 125.8 on these grumblefrosting ones.

Hope you can hold off some of your 2 pounds Lola.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #58
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
155.2 today. New low by nearly 2 pounds, but I wasn't well yesterday and suspect it's a false low, due to being completely empty.
Hope you feel better soon
Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Feel better Dawn.

This week I am doing a GNC cleanse, so not really following 5:2 this week as I already cleaning out the cobwebs so to speak.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Hope that you feel better soon x