Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Calichris--

you are adorable!

I hope you all know how special you are. That's why it breaks my heart when I read of your struggles. Please remember that you are great no matter what you weigh.
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
Calichris--

you are adorable!

I hope you all know how special you are. That's why it breaks my heart when I read of your struggles. Please remember that you are great no matter what you weigh.
What a sweet message Tofucheez! I am so grateful for my JBs!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I love everyone's goal ideas! Calichris, you are a beautiful woman and those capris will sooo fit by July!!!

My goal is to be in a size 12. I don't think I have anything that small in my closet right now, but I do have two pair of size 14 shorts that are currently too small. I hope I can at least make that goal...so, ideally, a size 12 of something is my goal, but definitely want to be wearing my size 14 jean shorts by then.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
You are all so nice! But I have to tell you something funny. I am a teacher and was letting students use my laptop for their presentations. I thought I was clicking on a presentation, but it was THAT PICTURE and I projected it for all to see! It was only up for about one second, and no one laughed so I am praying they didn't have time to register what it was, but

I'm smiling because I am so excited to get 14Ps even up over my butt!

Last edited by calichris; 04-27-2013 at 03:52 PM..
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Wow, there's a lot of teachers here! Elementary here
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a new goal...forgot about this. I did buy the Levi curvy jeans in a 14. The largest they make in Misses. They don't fit. Rather than take them back, plus about two tops that also too tight (can you tell I don't try on clothes? ), I will make that my main goal for July.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Yennie, that really is a descriptive term, isn't it?
Very much so! We used to joke back in the day when these dang clothes actually did fit that, because they're supposed to fit snug, they were sausage casings. Was pretty dismayed last season to find that the joke was no longer a joke. Seriously though, absolutely nothing makes you feel fat quite like trying to pull on snug pants when its 90 degrees and 90% humidity. Even if they "fit" you can't get them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
That challenge sound great. I've been doing the dips. They burn, but it's good. I have to remind myself to do them daily. I have been forgeting recently.
This is my problem too! I start off with great intentions and then I just plain forget. Its not like it crosses my mind and I think "nah, not today" - it straight up doesn't cross my mind. I've started different arm toning programs several times this month only to do it for a day or 2 and then...nada. Oh well, guess I'll just keep starting up again and again and again...

I think I have a clothing goal. I have a pair of burgandy riding pants I bought back in 2006 to wear in Kentucky. They have never actually fit - the tags are still on them. I'd like them to fit by 7/4. For the first time since in years, I can actually get them on and up, but they're pretty far from buttoning. A month ago I could not pull them up without popping stitches.

I need to go to the thrift store to look for a pair of 8s to have as my other piece of goal clothing. I got rid of all my small, "one day I'll be back in these clothes" so I'm going to have to go shopping. Have I mentioned that I hate shopping?

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Calichris--

you are adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
You are all so nice! But I have to tell you something funny. I am a teacher and was letting students use my laptop for their presentations. I thought I was clicking on a presentation, but it was THAT PICTURE and I projected it for all to see! It was only up for about one second, and no one laughed so I am praying they didn't have time to register what it was, but

I'm smiling because I am so excited to get 14Ps even up over my butt!
Smile all you want! You will be rocking those 14Ps in no time!

Jen- I really dislike shopping too, but it's not as horrendous when the clothes fit better... Not great, but not like I'd rather stick needles under my finger nails terrible.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Really, Carly? You're the ideal weight now, and you still don't enjoy shopping? I know some people just don't like shopping, and I'm one of them, but I think if I had the money and was my goal size it might be a little more fun.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Really, Carly? You're the ideal weight now, and you still don't enjoy shopping? I know some people just don't like shopping, and I'm one of them, but I think if I had the money and was my goal size it might be a little more fun.
I really don't like it. I would rather have clothing I really love, that fits, just show up in my closet. I don't have unlimited funds so that may be part of it, but it's a lot of work gathering up everything to try on.. Trying it on... And then choosing what to get. Even though I'm at a good weight I still have not so ideal body issues like boobs that are too big, legs that are too short and a butt that is too flat so I don't look stunning in everything I try on. Of course I also tend to like the things that cost more than I should spend, too. All that to say it's less painful than trying to shop in the plus size section at 200lbs and 5'2".
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 04-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Jen- I really dislike shopping too, but it's not as horrendous when the clothes fit better... Not great, but not like I'd rather stick needles under my finger nails terrible.
This is good to know. I'm hoping it will get better with time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I think maybe that might be the key to having it be a little more enjoyable. I can't tell you how many times in the past I'd take a pair of 10s and 12s into the dressing room and neither would fit. Nothing makes you feel worse (ok, maybe I should say nothing made me feel worse) than not even being able to pull up the 12s when I went into the room with a "these will be too big but let's see" mentality. Clearly I had no concept of what size I really was but mentally I refused to purchase larger clothes.
Maybe when everything I'm taking into the room is single digit sizes it will be less intimidating.
Size issues aside, I have a weirdly shaped body. Large "ladies", relatively small waist and large hips/butt. Seriously, I could be that girl from the song "Baby got back" (except I don't have a 24" waist) So things that fit my hips tend to gap at the waist, things that fit my waist I can't get up past my butt without the jaws of life! Then I need to find something large enough to accommodate the girls, but fitted enough that I don't look preggers while wearing it and not so fitted that it clings to and highlights the fat roll(s). So things that look adorable on the mannequin or on the hanger look awkward and goofy on me. Especially when you add in that I'm a whooping 5'2"...can't even spread out the awkward because there isn't enough room. And since I know my general shape will stay the same as I lose, the awkwardness remains, it just is with a smaller size of clothing.
I really need a personal shopper or someone to find me styles & fits that flatter my shape, then I can stick with those. But that would cost more money than I'm likely ever willing to spend, especially since I spend most of my days in scrubs or riding clothes!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Thanks for the idea of the hundred pushups site. I printed out the PocketMod they have for it - I love PocketMods! (I think the link is on the "complete program" page) Even if I don't do this, I believe my dd would enjoy it. Especially since I would agree to buy her the tee-shirt if she made it to 100!

My first goal for our challenge is Wednesday morning. Hoping I have a bit of inch loss to report!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

yay!!! other ladies that don't like shopping! I thought I was the only one! FWIW, being at goal weight certainly does not guarantee you'll like it I just don't like the whole process, plus i'm not good at putting outfits together.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I hate shopping unless it's for shoes. I don't have the patience. I love my huge boobs, but everything I find always has cleavage issues and while I love my breasts I don't need them on display for the rest of the world. I have gift cards sitting on my dresser and even though I essentially have free money I'm still not going to the store.

Glad to know that there are other ladies out there who hate shopping.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
I'm part of the 'hate shopping' club. and it seems there are several ladies here at my same height 5'2"- so I suspect you have the same issue as me in that petite pants are often too short, and regular's are often too long. My boobs are only big when I'm fat so I often wish that is one place I would NOT lose weight and yet it's always the first to go. so as I am losing weight, I go through several awkward stages including a pear shape - the boobs get smaller but the belly, thighs and butt are still ample! ARGH!

I rather desperately need to go buy new work clothes now that the weather is warming up but I don't want to buy in a big size! I have concluded that in order to maintain a professional image, I am going to have to find myself a few pieces and just think of them ahead of time as a good and happy donation to those charities that collect for women in a tough situation that are looking to go on interviews and need clothes.

I have 2 other goals to keep me on track. The first is hopefully short term goal - to wear a summer top without feeling the need for an "overshirt" to hide the fat rolls. And the longer term goal... I want to get in to bathing suit shape and then I'm treating myself to a beach vacation (Hawaii? Bali???). I've started a vacation savings account and that will be my long term goal reward!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Ladies, I concur that shopping sucks. You're right, Carly, even at an "ideal" weight, we still have imperfections and shopping seems to magnify it. Not to mention going from store to store to store...it's exhausting. If I could have the perfect clothes just delivered to me, I'd be in heaven. Unfortunately, online ordering is a hit and miss for me too.

I also have trouble finding shoes that fit and are comfortable. I have been looking and looking for some decent shoes for spring/summer for work and not having much luck. I have about a size 7-7.5 foot, but narrow heels and I can't wear anything that fits over them or they slip up and down. No straps around the heels either, or they just end up being flip flops. Plus, my left foot is bigger than my right...yadda, yadda, yadda. ANYway, I went to Payless Friday at the mall because, wonder of wonders, I saw some really cute selections in their online store...and yes, they were just as cute at the store! Everything I liked in 7.5 fit and was comfortable. I was in heaven. I bought two pair (for $40.00 total), and will probably go back for two or three other pairs soon. Just wanted you all to know that some of their shoes do look really nice.

ETA: I was prepared to pay over twice that for one pair last time I went shopping, but could not get a good fit.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-28-2013 at 07:08 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
I hate shopping too! UGH! I went to Goodwill yesterday and couldn't wait to get out of the dressing room - away from the mirror! It's one thing to see myself bigger than ever before with clothes on... But unclothed?!? I wanted to cry! On the other hand, it's motivation to stick with what I need to do to lose this weight before my Florida vacation in June.

I guess that's my goal... To look decent in shorts ans t-shirts by June. I sill won't likely be comfortable in a swimsuit, but as long as I can do shorts by then I'll at least enjoy the vacation.
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krazy cat
Stats: 280/working on it/145
WOE: Atkins '72-ish
Start Date: 2/22/12-Atkins; 2/13/13-LC/JUDDD; Jun '14-Atkins72
I'd like to join this challenge too! With 9 1/2 weeks to go till July 4th, my goal is to see 159.8 on the scale! That's about 13 lbs to go which is going to be very difficult to achieve, but possibly still doable if I really focus and behave!

And when it comes to my upper arms, i don't even want to go there! They should be declared a war zone!

Good luck to all you other challengers!
krazy cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Just wanted to encourage more JBs to join if they wish. I haven't been doing my arm exercizes enough. I keep forgetting. Off to do them right now.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 205/185/...
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Late Aug 2012
I'm in

I'd like to be in size 10 trousers/jeans by July 4th. Slim size 12s fit well at the moment but while I need to buy some new clothes I want 10s! So that's my motivation for jumping back into JUDDD for May & June.

And as an incentive, I'm putting aside some cash every week I nail my rotations. That way I can treat myself when July rolls round. Sadly it's been so long since I last saw a 10 there's none in my closet! Happily I do like shopping so it's something I'll look forward to
Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLou View Post
I'm in

I'd like to be in size 10 trousers/jeans by July 4th. Slim size 12s fit well at the moment but while I need to buy some new clothes I want 10s! So that's my motivation for jumping back into JUDDD for May & June.

And as an incentive, I'm putting aside some cash every week I nail my rotations. That way I can treat myself when July rolls round. Sadly it's been so long since I last saw a 10 there's none in my closet! Happily I do like shopping so it's something I'll look forward to
That sounds great! I did my arm exercises and boy am I feeling it!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/168/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I'm in!

Modest goal: I just want to be under 170. I'll shoot for 168. It's only 5 or 6 lbs, but my body is way too comfortable where I am now...I need a push, and this might be it
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131.8/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Darnit!! I have not been to the gym to use the arm machines because my arm has been sore and i might have tennis elbow or something. Im hoping it eases up soon so for right now i'm trying to just lose some fat and maybe my arms will slim down a bit anyway.
I too detest shopping but might go today to see if i can pick up a pair of jeans. My most comfy pair has holes in them and are getting "baggy" comments from my friends at work lol
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm semi- considering shopping today, but ugh... I'm not feeling it even though I have a $60 Macy's gift card and I need a belt or 2. Shoes... now that I enjoy, but don't really need more of those.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLou View Post

... as an incentive, I'm putting aside some cash every week I nail my rotations. That way I can treat myself when July rolls round.
I like this idea!

I am not a shopping fan, but my two main complaints are being surprised by the actual size of my body, and having to get dressed in between trips out for more clothes. If I could have the store to myself, and wander around in my underwear, it wouldn't be so bad!

I am chugging away, not doing exercise, but just keeping going on JUDDD. I made my monthly goal of losing an average of one pound per week (although it came off in fits and starts, causing a little anxiety).

Next monthly goal: do the same in May! Maybe in June I can think about adding exercise to the mix.

Or maybe not!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 205/185/...
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Late Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
...having to get dressed in between trips out for more clothes. If I could have the store to myself, and wander around in my underwear, it wouldn't be so bad
LOL!!! The very thought fills me with dread... Far too exposed and I'd never trust that the store was all mine!
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Hmmm... ... I was so sure I posted on the 1st of the month after measuring but I don't see the post! Wonder if it went off into cyberspace???

Anyway, my mini goals were to measure at every 1st of month and every 15th or so, and have lost something, however small, at either waist or abs or both.

Delighted to say I had 1/2 inch off my abs during that time! Nothing off my waist since the 15th. So funny how inches come off - I would have thought maybe 1/4 inch off both, but no, my abs decided to rush ahead!

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I love to shop!! I just wish I could do it with someone else's wallet and figure!!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131.8/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Wow, there's a lot of teachers here! Elementary here
Count me in. Special Ed teacher here!
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Delighted to say I had 1/2 inch off my abs during that time! Nothing off my waist since the 15th. So funny how inches come off - I would have thought maybe 1/4 inch off both, but no, my abs decided to rush ahead!
Congratulations!!! Yay for a tinier tummy!
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote